• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Dahbomb

Is Nzoth Paladin the most expensive deck in the game now? Seems around the same as CW.

Two Forbidden Heals, two Doomsayers so 4 epics.

Ragnaros, Lightlord, Sylvanas, Eadric. Cairne, Tirion, Nzoth, Justicar so 8 Legendaries.

I guess CW has a few more Epics because it's running Doomsayer plus double Shield Slam, double Brawl and a Gorehowl.

On the other end, this Midrange Shaman is the cheapest deck at the qualifier at a measly 2000:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/546652-turnas-midrange-shaman-europe-spring-preliminary

neirea also brought otk priest to star ladder.

What do you guys think of this deck. Testing out dragon + cthun decks by having a sort of dual win conditions. Also I like the duality allowing me to usually have plays on every turn and not be worried about cards in hand or cthun atk. Debating about adding a brawl, and dropping either sylvanas or/and gromm

dewD2yx.png

Just loving the game right now. Best tavern brawl ever this week. And Standard is so much fun after the stale meta we had earlier for a while.

So many cool decks to brew and try and tweak.

I'm mainly playing various flavor of priest to get to my 500 wins (165 wins to go). If I have a complaint its that priest could have used a bit more love in WOTOG. Particularly a 2 drop or 3 drop. Losing Velens was pretty big.

Hunter also not great right now but that's more to do with the nerfs and the general meta. Call of the Wild is an amazing card.

Dahbomb

No Twin Emperor in that?

LMAO!

Seems like it would be a very clunky deck to play with all those synergies. You got Battle Rage in there but no WW effects. No way to comeback on to the board once you lose it.

The amount of variety in Warrior and Shaman decks is crazy right now. Just an embarrassment of cool decks for those classes. Like did anyone really see Tempo Warrior becoming big? And loving that Totem Shaman w Thunderbluff Valiant is a perfectly decent deck right now.

Warriors my fav class so that is gratifying. Do wish some of the other classes got this many options. Mage in particular lost a lot of variety from the rotation - the tempo Mage dropping off, and all those Duplicate and Giant based decks. Warlock lost some variety too w the molten giant nerf.

Still on the whole , the bgh and silence nerfs have been amazing. And good riddance to Force of Nature too.

I hate arena, opponent tries to tempo me out, I'm 1 turn away from completely stabilizing opponent topdecks a charger. Only went 3-3.

Edit: great now the game lagged after I finished drafting and when it started responding again it ended the run, 150 gold well spent. Quitting out before accepting rewards undid that.

No Twin Emperor in that?

LMAO!

Seems like it would be a very clunky deck to play with all those synergies. You got Battle Rage in there but no WW effects. No way to comeback on to the board once you lose it.

no twin b/c I don't got it yet. It doesnt feel that bad, but yea that's why I want to put one brawl in for board clear. Battle Rage gets value from buffed dragon minions

zoukka

Meh I'd rank flamewreathed faceless as the most stupid card in the game right now. Even above pre-nerd Buzzard and MC because of how low the power level of standard is. I mean a four mana common that can end some games right there on turn 3-4. Some classes just don't have any efficient way to deal with it.

We got rid of Dr.6 and 7, but got Dr.4 instead -.-

FeD.nL

Yup, just incredibly dumb in design and completely unneccesary considering that Shaman already had Flameguard Destroyer as a pile of stats on 4.

Dahbomb

Yup, just incredibly dumb in design and completely unneccesary considering that Shaman already had Flameguard Destroyer as a pile of stats on 4.
And Dranei Totem Carver.

And Master of Evolution.

And Earth Elemental.

And Thing from the Deep.

Shaman has no shortage of beefy midrange minions but they decided to give them another one just because.

Dahbomb

Kripp is in full on tantrum mode right now.
Could this be the legendary 0-3 after yesterday's "Perfect Storm"?

LMAO HE JUST RAGE QUIT!!!!

AHAHAAHAAHAHHA 0-3 THE DRREEEEEEEEEAAAAAAMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET ABSOLUTELY DUMPED ON SON!!!!

And it was a pretty insane deck too.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What is Kripp's appeal even supposed to be? He just accuses people of steam sniping the entire time of steaming, and his Youtube video are always 15 minutes too long. Also what is the deal with his ugly logo?

Leezard

What is Kripp's appeal even supposed to be? He just accuses people of steam sniping the entire time of steaming, and his Youtube video are always 15 minutes too long. Also what is the deal with his ugly logo?

Kripp can be fun when he's trying out stupid/fun decks on ladder. Arena Kripp just whines and is salty all the time.

Dahbomb

The daily dosage of salt is good for the soul.

The YT videos are entertaining. Especially of the fun decks on Ladder. Not a lot of people go into why a particular card/deck works or doesn't work.

The logo is a female Barbarian from Diablo 3.

Though it was better to watch Kripparian back when he wasn't Casualarian. He was a top WoW and Diablo player. Also when Kripp actually played competitively he was the highest earning HS player! (random factoid)

Rosenskjold

I love his youtube videos, pretty much the only HS videos I watch. He talks a lot about cards and strategies, tries a lot of different, fun decks, and I think his reactions are funny.

also, losing to people topdecking yogg, after you've outplayed them, and then they regain the game because the spells go in their favour. I hate it, but it's also kind of awesome.

SteveWD40

I love his youtube videos, pretty much the only HS videos I watch. He talks a lot about cards and strategies, tries a lot of different, fun decks, and I think his reactions are funny.

also, losing to people topdecking yogg, after you've outplayed them, and then they regain the game because the spells go in their favour. I hate it, but it's also kind of awesome.

It's fair in my mind as it goes against you as often as it swing it for you. What I love about playing Yogg is it's such a YOLO moment, you could be ahead and play it and end up fucked, you could turn over a certain loss, but it's pure RNG.

Rosenskjold

It's fair in my mind as it goes against you as often as it swing it for you. What I love about playing Yogg is it's such a YOLO moment, you could be ahead and play it and end up fucked, you could turn over a certain loss, but it's pure RNG.

Exactly, HS is much more enjoyable when you learn to laugh at the crazy things that happen sometimes, whether it swings in your favor or not

zoukka

Kripp is one of a kind. Even though he's casuarian now, his stream has no annoying notifications, overlays etc and he focuses solely on gameplay. He's an honest nerd, not a made up twitch personality.

Leave Kripp alone!

cHinzo

lol I hate beeing in Europe. Netdecks from rank 25 and up. Its insane.
Tbh the sub-20 ranks are mostly new players who are lacking a lot of cards. I'm just trolling around here with the troll Yogg Huntard deck trying to get as many spells cast as possible. Don't really have much motivation to rank up and see the same decks over and over again.

ViviOggi

Could this be the legendary 0-3 after yesterday's "Perfect Storm"?

LMAO HE JUST RAGE QUIT!!!!

AHAHAAHAAHAHHA 0-3 THE DRREEEEEEEEEAAAAAAMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET ABSOLUTELY DUMPED ON SON!!!!

And it was a pretty insane deck too.
lmao I'm watching the VOD, he just got dumpstered by the 0-0 Rogue

BabyRage.png
RANIA THE BABY IS CRYING AGAIN
BabyRage.png

His only real gimmick is the saltiness, which is nowhere near as bad as made out. He is honest, reasonable, consistent and a fine arena player. When not on arena, he plays interesting and mostly slow decks.

You can pick out the odd bad moment in a 7 hour stream, but that is much better than other streamers who can't go 7 seconds without being offensive or asking for money. Watching him is basically a relaxing way to end the day.

Except for the vegan thing. People should never get him started.

ZeroX03

Banned
Should I give in

Should I make a filthy zoolock

Paladin and Hunter not doing it for me, midrange Shaman has been my consistent go-to so far in Old Gods.

fertygo

Its kindà made no sense no bringing Priest in tourney tho yeah Priest weak and alĺ that but its still capable to farm most contròĺ dèck oùt there. I play that before playing struggle rènòlock

Best thing about Kripp is that he doesn't do music or voiced donations, it's literally just a dude playing hearthstone and it's a very relaxing stream, same with Trump and Kibler honestly.

Xater

I am in an existential crisis. I went away from my favorites and am now running an apparently good Shaman deck. I am just super unable to play it. I can't go above rank 15.

CRS

Not sure if the interaction has been posted here but if you have a Sylvanas in play, thr opponent's Yogg kills it, and you get the Yogg, you get the rest of Yogg's actions.

Hilarious card.

Pooya

Tuskarr totemitc is disgusting, I feel bad playing it. It's stupidly good right now. With the removal of vitality totem, you have 3/7 chance of getting a real and strong card on board. 4/7 chances of getting a hero power totem isn't exactly bad either, you can play this first, then increase your chance at getting a taunt or spellpower totem from your hero power. Of course it reduces the cost of thing from below and can be evolved into a 4 drop too.

I just played it on turn 3 against this renolock, got manatide, he hellfired my board. Then I played my own man tide.

When it came out last year, it wasn't that great but now with more synergies and less outcomes, the card is absurd.

Rosenskjold

I kid you not, 3 times in a row shaman follows up dr. 4 with lightning storm that clears my board because of good rolls..... I just want to reach rank 12 so I don't go back to studying all upset :D :O !!

edit: made a righteous topdeck and ended the game with mortal strike.

IvorB

for what I heard, it's pretty good, the whole LoE has more than 40 cards, and I can't even start telling how many time I've seen others throw me a Reno Jackson or one of the other legendaries from that set.

Besides, they offer single player content with variety in how the bosses play.

I'm planing to buy LoE with pure gold along with BRM with pure money, that way I can look forward to play HS for quite some time.

after that, I'll just save my gold for an occasional pack and for the next adventure released.

may be my plan seems good to you to follow, think about it.

Hmmm... okay maybe I'll try saving up gold for an adventure.

I thought Hex was pretty weak. The user interface is terrible, and it seems more about single player content than anything else. Since you brought it up, though, I've been trying a LOT of card games recently, and here's my brief list of best to worst:

Duelyst
Infinity Wars
Hearthstone
Poxnora
Spellweaver
Magic Online
Hex

I'm taking it all from three major categories:
1) Whether the game is well-paced.
2) Whether the game is smooth and enjoyable to play.
3) Whether the game has good mechanics.

Right now I plan on maintaining Duelyst, Hearthstone, and Infinity Wars - they succeed at accomplishing all 3 categories. I'm unsure about Poxnora right now. It has amazing mechanics, but it's one of the roughest games to play on that list. I didn't try Faeria because it's not F2P, and I'm not willing to spend money just to try a game out. I watched Kripp play, and it seems like a slow dull trod.

Well I'm limited based on what runs on Mac or PS4. Also many card games I just take one look at and pass because of the art style since that's really a deal-breaker for me. Hearthstone is on the borderline for this actually. I've only started playing Hex but so far I really like it, except for the fact that it runs like sh*t and frequently crahses. In art style and gameplay it's very much a MtG clone which suits me just fine and I'm really loving the singler player stuff which is what I would have loved in Hearthstone. Basically I just want a way to play the CPU to unlock cards. If there is some kind of "story" around that then that's fine too.

Malice215

I almost dropped to rank 20 trying to complete some dailies. Back to rank 14 alternating between Zoolock and Reno C'Thunlock. Leeroy has also been clutch in the Zoolock deck with the stuff people are running these days.

Yogg-Saron is awesome card if I don't get rolled over before I can use it. It's either allowed me to make an amazing comeback, or hilariously lost me the game.

I really enjoy Kripp's videos, especially since I don't know of anyone else who actually discusses what makes a particular card good or bad. I need to go back and watch the salt.

Heropon

After three weeks my Old Gods collection is more complete than the Grand Tournament one, so I suppose it's time to buy other types of dust packs :p. Maybe it's a good idea to make a list of "desirable" cards and buy the pack that has the highest chances of getting one. I could also play more Arena but right now I don't feel like it, it makes me panic a bit too much.

Played some kind of pseudo-Miracle Rogue deck and it was pretty fun thinking about the different possibilities, so that means that's another deck I'd like to complete but the dust is so scarce...

br3wnor

N'Zoth Paladin is pretty fun, having a million answers for Dr. 4 and C'Thun is really nice, aggro can really destroy me though when my healing and equalities/Pyros are stuck at the bottom of my deck.

N'Zoth definitely coming out as the best legendary deck type which is surprising given how much I felt C'Thun would really destroy. Fun Meta overall, best expansion yet.

bjaelke

I really enjoy Kripp's videos, especially since I don't know of anyone else who actually discusses what makes a particular card good or bad. I need to go back and watch the salt.
There are plenty of streamers that does a better job of discussing individual cards and testing them at a high level. Unfortunately you'll have to watch it live or dig up an old VOD because they rarely produce Youtube highlights focused on said discussion.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I played a match last night that included

Grom
C'Thun
Sylvanas x2
Emp Thuras
Ysera
Golden Monkey
Rag x2
Majordomo
Harrison Jones
N'Zoth
Yogg
Rafaam
Cairne

I think I'm missing some shit too. I was a priest vs a Warrior and there was all kinds of fuckery from the Golden Monkey to N'Zoth to Entomb I can't tell you how many wtf moments there were.

Craziest match I've had in months.

Top Bottom