• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

I have one adventure left, and Google Opinion Rewards has stopped sending my wife surveys at $6.43. :-(

I have the first LoE and I'd need the 5th BRM for Solemn Vigil but by the time I unlock that it's probably gonna rotate. If only the tavern brawl stayed it'd still take me 2 months of playing at least an hour daily to unlock the rest.

I'm close to giving up on them and just looking for substitutes.

Rank 25-20 is the kid's corner, you can't lose stars and people play like total garbage so you can get away with messes of decks and the sloppiest play yourself and feel good about it but won't learn anything in the process. The second you cross that line to rank 20 is when the real Dark Souls starts, there's no gradient, you go from the absolute pits straight to major league where people actually have a baseline of understanding on how to play the game. You get absolutely dumpstered again and again by all these cards you've never seen so that it's hard to process why you really lost those matches.

Basically what you do now is dick around between casual and ranked while watching educational streamers like Trump or w/e and reading/watching newbie guides until you have a solid grasp of the game's mechanics and systems, then hit arena. Start looking into arena streamers who make it a point to explain and discuss their decisions like Shadybunny, Hafu and ADWCTA/Merps, and watch full runs like the Arena Coops on Youtube.

I do wish people would stop overselling that handful of f2p legend projects conducted by highly experienced players in order to downplay the p2w component inherent to CCGs. Those have absolutely no value to beginners and Blizzard is far from generous because they don't have to be.
My day 1 strategy was crafting 2 Abominations and 2 Blizzards and having a deck stacked with draw cards (gnomes), 2 Flamestrikes, 2 Blizzards, and 2 Abominations. I thought it was sooo gooood! lol

I'm working on that stuff ATM, I just need to finish Druid and Paladin and I'll have everyone at level 10. I've opened a bunch of decks and I got one legendary which my friend said is bad, "The Boggymonster".
ROFL. The worst in the game. Dust that guy immediately and use the 400 dust to make a Call of the Wild for that Hunter deck, or a Doomhammer for a midrange Shaman deck (think long and hard before you spend it).

I have the first LoE and I'd need the 5th BRM for Solemn Vigil but by the time I unlock that it's probably gonna rotate. If only the tavern brawl stayed it'd still take me 2 months of playing at least an hour daily to unlock the rest.

I'm close to giving up on them and just looking for substitutes.
I feel you. If I wasn't making a Dragon Priest deck, I would not care one bit about BRM5 right now. I REALLY wish that adventures wouldn't rotate out. I don't care about losing sets, but losing adventures usually means losing deck archetypes. :-/

I'm not saying it's impossible to get rank 19. I'm saying rank 20 is when you see what the game is really like and the kind of grind/wall that stands before you. At that point you have to decide for yourself whether it's worth it. How is this an unreasonable statement?

It's ridiculous to downplay what's involved in getting going in this game.

Experiences of getting higher ranks as streamers or someone who has played since beta years ago are worthless to people starting today.

I'll boil down my point to one sentence too: Hearthstone is great but there's a huge wall for new players to get started and I won't pretend there isn't.

Believe it or not, I started the game as a new player. And when I was a new player, they didn't have weekly free packs in tavern brawl, deck recipes, free legendary cards and 13 free packs for just winning matches.

I'm actually tired of people saying my opinion is worthless regarding new players. Because I've been there. I've done that. I climbed this so called "wall" as a new player and as a new player who spent zero dollars getting over that wall. So who is more qualified to talk about the new player experience if not someone who has been in their shoes and overcome it?

And it hasn't even been that long. Hell, the new player me years ago would be more annoyed about people complaining about pay/grind walls than I am today.

fertygo

I'm working on that stuff ATM, I just need to finish Druid and Paladin and I'll have everyone at level 10. I've opened a bunch of decks and I got one legendary which my friend said is bad, "The Boggymonster".

If you any serious about this game you must Buy the adventure set IMO, its gonna cost you 45$ you get a lot of staple card that can made you start smoother.. unlike packs its actually recommended to buy adventure with money for efficiency

technically 50$ worth of card pack can grinded by about a month, but grinding for 2 adventure can take you 2 month.. that's way too heavy of grind and painful without quality card.. but card from adventure set gonna help you so much n big chance you not spending real money anymore after that.

I spend 25$ for Naxramas 2 week before rotating btw lol

frequency

Okay whatever then. There's two opinions.

We've both been playing Hearthstone since beta though I've been on and off while you seem to have been here the entire time. I've also been there and done the climb over the wall and have spent $0 on Hearthstone. I'm not a new player speaking from a new players perspective about how hard a time I'm having.

My opinion is that it's difficult for new players to get started and they'll have to grind through the frustrations and losses before they get on even footing with players like us. It is not an easy grind and they should know what stands before them.

Your opinion is whatever it is.

Believe it or not, I started the game as a new player. And when I was a new player, they didn't have weekly free packs in tavern brawl, deck recipes, free legendary cards and 13 free packs for just winning matches.

I'm actually tired of people saying my opinion is worthless regarding new players. Because I've been there. I've done that. I climbed this so called "wall" as a new player and as a new player who spent zero dollars getting over that wall. So who is more qualified to talk about the new player experience if not someone who has been in their shoes and overcome it?

And it hasn't even been that long. Hell, the new player me years ago would be more annoyed about people complaining about pay/grind walls than I am today.
Here's the problem. You started years ago. Your level of competition was primarily against other people at that level. You were all building and growing together. Now you're like a baby boomer telling a millennial how they just need to work harder. It's not the same competitive climate that you grew in.

Levi

Banned
I started an EU account a couple months ago that is purely F2P. While I got lucky on day one when I pulled an Antonidas, I log in twice a week to clear quests and I usually end up around rank 15. That's with no adventures, very few epics, and until yesterday when I pulled a Prophet Velen only 4 legendaries.

Antonidas and Sylvanas I pulled from packs, a Justicar I crafted, and Malkorok I got from my 13 free OG packs.

With Brawl, Spectate quests and your daily gold you can slowly build up a decent collection, and knowing the fundamentals of the game is more important than having tons of cards.

The basic deck recipes are also surprisingly effective, and easy to build towards.

Here's the problem. You started years ago. Your level of competition was primarily against other people at that level. You were all building and growing together. Now you're like a baby boomer telling a millennial how they just need to work harder. It's not the same competitive climate that you grew in.

Another argument I've heard before. I've already addressed it in part, pointing out how getting a bigger collection is easier now than ever. Especially since they give new players 13 free packs as of the last expansion hitting. And to top it off they give a free classic pack every single week. I would have loved to have that when I was starting off. That's more packs than I ever bought my entire time playing this game.

So what is harder now? You think people didn't netdeck back then? That a new player like myself didn't have to fend off hordes of face hunters, zoolock, freeze mage..etc. using cards that were too broke to pass the beta unscathed? I had to deal with the same issues. But I focused on improving my understanding of the game, learned arena, got an adequate collection and returned to ranked.

Yes, a big element to the game is working harder. But to say I had it easier? When I started playing people already had huge collections. Every deck started the game with nat pagle. I didn't have nat pagle. I didn't care. I focused improving my gameplay first.

Im running leeroy instead of grom in warrior right now, this meta is weird

i've almost ditched grom.

i'm kinda moving away from tempo warrior also.....yea its good but everyone is teching in black knights and just in general things moving away from board clears (with zoo kinda falling off a bit for no reason whatsoever).

with this in mind i'm back to Patron. I took LOKShadow's OTK Worgen/Patron deck, dropped in a couple of loot hoarders for some more draw and have been handling it really well.

there are a lot of awesome finesse plays you can do with this deck, its really satisfying.

hoenstly i may drop the faceless....i have maybe done the full faceless/worgen/etc. 32 damage thing once out of 20 games and i was going to win that thing anyway. maybe i'll put in Rag or something.

embalm

I want to jump in here and call bullshit on this. Free players have always been lagging behind the paid players.

I joined once the game came to iPad. I remember very well the salt that came from playing against Ragnaros, Cairn, and Sylvanus. I had to save up my dust and eventually craft all 3 of those cards. I dusted every single Hunter and Warlock card that I opened to build a competitive deck.

You know what I eventually learned and what most players will eventually learn? We all suck far more than any deck you could ever cobble together. We're all terrible players. You can ladder with the tier 1 net deck of the week, but we're still new and we still suck.

You know what makes a better player? Playing the game for longer than a few months.

Yet you can't really explain this to a new player. It's always the cards. The unfair headstart that other players have. The broken legendaries. That's all bullshit when aggro-shaman and Zoo Warlock are still 2 of the best decks in the game.

Dahbomb

I always tell new players how not that big of a deal Legendaries are and you can totally get high ranks with cheap decks. You just have to be willing to set aside your pride, start net decking those cheap aggro decks and start learning the game.

A Midrange Shaman can get to Legend using like one Epic and no Legendary.

With stuff like Standard, Brawls, better quests.. it's easier now than it was before.

frequency

Yes, it's always been a wall for new players. It's probably easier now since packs come easier than they used to and Standard makes it more approachable. Still a hard and frustrating grind though and hitting Rank 20 for the first time will give you an idea of what you have to overcome.

One problem is that new players aren't getting practice vs similarly equipped players so it's harder to learn when you're getting your face smashed in. But that has indeed always been a problem.

Danj

Is anyone around on EU at the moment who'd be prepared to spectate me playing some ranked shaman and give some tips on what I'm getting wrong?

I'm Danj#2393.

EDIT:
I always tell new players how not that big of a deal Legendaries are and you can totally get high ranks with cheap decks. You just have to be willing to set aside your pride, start net decking those cheap aggro decks and start learning the game.

With stuff like Standard, Brawls, better quests.. it's easier now than it was before.

This is what I am having trouble with, most months I can't get past 15 or so. If someone could spectate some of my games and give some pointers that would be really helpful?

6-1 with my evolved kobold + malygos deck so far.

Evolved kobold lethal against warrior was pretty funny. I would have had lethal with malygos if I played ET, but winning one turn early sometimes is incredibly important, like against reno decks I am often 2-3 damage or 1-2 mana off winning the game.

Not sure if it's good enough yet, but seems promising. decklist

Is anyone around on EU at the moment who'd be prepared to spectate me playing some ranked shaman and give some tips on what I'm getting wrong?

I'm Danj#2393.

EDIT:

This is what I am having trouble with, most months I can't get past 15 or so. If someone could spectate some of my games and give some pointers that would be really helpful?

I'll give it a go, I'm not the best but usually manage to hit rank 5 each month. Added.

The desire to win early in this game has always been interesting to me. Maybe because I'm used to playing fighting games, but I never expect to win anything in a competitive multiplayer game for at least, a month. Be satisfied by fancy plays and cool game effects, enjoy the learning process, find a goal to work towards, get super hype whenever you do win.

I got my start back in late beta phase by grinding Arena. Admittedly Arena is a lot scarier now than it was back then, but the process remains the same no matter what. I never played a CCG before so I had to learn about curve, card advantage, board advantage, when to trade, mana efficiency, what is tempo, how to play around secrets, and then it goes deeper with deck building, learning to evaluate cards, learning about the netdecks and what to expect playing against them, and more. Was probably 2-3 months before I even felt comfortable, but I stuck with it and feel rewarded.

Danj

I'll give it a go, I'm not the best but usually manage to hit rank 5 each month. Added.

Just got to Rank 15 and it was like running headfirst into a brick wall. :(

The desire to win early in this game has always been interesting to me. Maybe because I'm used to playing fighting games, but I never expect to win anything in a competitive multiplayer game for at least, a month. Be satisfied by fancy plays and cool game effects, enjoy the learning process, find a goal to work towards, get super hype whenever you do win.

I've been playing over a year now though, and every month there's just this massive difficulty wall at rank 15.

I got my start back in late beta phase by grinding Arena. Admittedly Arena is a lot scarier now than it was back then, but the process remains the same no matter what. I never played a CCG before so I had to learn about curve, card advantage, board advantage, when to trade, mana efficiency, what is tempo, how to play around secrets, and then it goes deeper with deck building, learning to evaluate cards, learning about the netdecks and what to expect playing against them, and more. Was probably 2-3 months before I even felt comfortable, but I stuck with it and feel rewarded.

Yeah, I feel like the wall in this game is more to do with learning the game and less about collection size. It's actually not even that hard to get a good competitive deck going, in terms of collecting those cards imo. The real wall is actually learning about the game's various systems. And that difficulty doesn't really change much imo.

I also grinded arena late in the beta. I still would recommend players learn arena and play arena to fill out their collection a bit before going hard into ranked. By learning arena, you're not only learning a lot about deck building, but also strong fundamentals as well... and building your collection.

Another argument I've heard before. I've already addressed it in part, pointing out how getting a bigger collection is easier now than ever. Especially since they give new players 13 free packs as of the last expansion hitting. And to top it off they give a free classic pack every single week. I would have loved to have that when I was starting off. That's more packs than I ever bought my entire time playing this game.

So what is harder now? You think people didn't netdeck back then? That a new player like myself didn't have to fend off hordes of face hunters, zoolock, freeze mage..etc. using cards that were too broke to pass the beta unscathed? I had to deal with the same issues. But I focused on improving my understanding of the game, learned arena, got an adequate collection and returned to ranked.

Yes, a big element to the game is working harder. But to say I had it easier? When I started playing people already had huge collections. Every deck started the game with nat pagle. I didn't have nat pagle. I didn't care. I focused improving my gameplay first.
Logically, you were still in a less intense environment than the one today. People simply had less to work with and refine.

I want to jump in here and call bullshit on this. Free players have always been lagging behind the paid players.

I joined once the game came to iPad. I remember very well the salt that came from playing against Ragnaros, Cairn, and Sylvanus. I had to save up my dust and eventually craft all 3 of those cards. I dusted every single Hunter and Warlock card that I opened to build a competitive deck.

You know what I eventually learned and what most players will eventually learn? We all suck far more than any deck you could ever cobble together. We're all terrible players. You can ladder with the tier 1 net deck of the week, but we're still new and we still suck.

You know what makes a better player? Playing the game for longer than a few months.

Yet you can't really explain this to a new player. It's always the cards. The unfair headstart that other players have. The broken legendaries. That's all bullshit when aggro-shaman and Zoo Warlock are still 2 of the best decks in the game.
There was always lag, but that doesn't make the lag the same.

Yeah, but you're lying. :p The game has gotten exponentially easier for me with every relevant epic/legendary I get.

I'm Danj#2393.

EDIT:

Record your gameplay and upload it.

Yeah, but this is like one player starting with 5 bars of meter and the other not.

Logically, you were still in a less intense environment than the one today. People simply had less to work with and refine.

Less intense? Did you play back then? There was a warlock deck that could win on turn 4-5. Before blood imp was nerfed, warlock was absolutely insane (it used to be a 1/1 stealth that gave friendly minions +1 hp). And murlock was one of the best decks on ladder.

Then you had freeze mage pre-nerf (along with burn mage). Frost nova, cone of cold, blizzard were all raised by 1 mana to combat that. Pyroblast was changed from 8 to 10 because people were tired of losing to pyroblast into pyroblast.

In some ways, the game is even more tame now than when I started. And in some ways, because of standard especially, a lot of the old meta has re-emerged.

clav

Here's the problem. You started years ago. Your level of competition was primarily against other people at that level.

Either play an inexpensive aggro deck or spend money to build a slower deck. Complaining about the meta? Play zoo. Doesn't cost a lot to craft and very easy to play. Vomit on the board and hope opponent doesn't have answers. These players usually rage at control classes like Priest and Warrior.

Play Arena if you don't want to spend money as you are spending time instead of money to grow your constructed collection.

Problem solved.

Less intense? Did you play back then? There was a warlock deck that could win on turn 4-5. Before blood imp was nerfed, warlock was absolutely insane (it used to be a 1/1 stealth that gave friendly minions +1 hp). And murlock was one of the best decks on ladder.

Then you had freeze mage pre-nerf (along with burn mage). Frost nova, cone of cold, blizzard were all raised by 1 mana to combat that. Pyroblast was changed from 8 to 10 because people were tired of losing to pyroblast into pyroblast.

In some ways, the game is even more tame now than when I started. And in some ways, because of standard especially, a lot of the old meta has re-emerged.
Less intense in the sense that the disparity between haves and have-nots was less. Again, this is just basic logic. There's a reason Standard was introduced now, and not earlier - the disparity was becoming too great, and it would have been massive if nothing changed (which I'm actually fine with).

Either play an inexpensive aggro deck or spend money to build a slower deck. Complaining about the meta? Play zoo.

Play Arena if you don't want to spend money as you will have to be very patient.
Zoo needs at least 3 epics to do well.

Levi

Banned
Easy to get 3 epics.

Zoo can win games without Sea Giant. Just throw in two Doomguards for reach instead. Those are rares, IIRC. Not sure what other epic he's referring to but the beauty of zoo is that it's the loosest of the archetypes and everything is replaceable. Throw in some chargers or a card that buffs attack for any cards you're missing from the optimized lists and you're good to go. You want cheap minions, direct damage, and reach, and you can get that without breaking the bank.

clav

Sea Giant really swings the tide to Zoo's favor though as it rewards the vomit and spamming stuff on the board strategy.

There's a reason why you see it in every competitive tournament.

frequency

The desire to win early is because of the reward and quest structure. You only get stuff for winning unless you have those terrible "play 40 spells" quests that only give 40g. If in fighting games you can only unlock characters and moves for those characters through currency earned by beating other players, you'd likely be singing a different tune during the learning process.

In my case, after I got enough to be able to make decks that I want to play, the desire to win subsided and I just play for fun.

Less intense in the sense that the disparity between haves and have-nots was less. Again, this is just basic logic. There's a reason Standard was introduced now, and not earlier - the disparity was becoming too great, and it would have been massive if nothing changed (which I'm actually fine with).

You said the environment was less intense. Now you're saying the disparity between new player and old player's collection size is larger and that makes it more intense? Deck size will always be limited to 30. And like I said, people already had huge collections when I started playing. People had no problem pouring money into the game from the very start. I overcame these expensive decks by learning how to play against them with the cards I had.

Standard helps new players because there are less cards to learn in any given rotation compared to wild. This cuts in favor, not against my argument.

You said the environment was less intense. Now you're saying the disparity between new player and old player's collection size is larger and that makes it more intense? Deck size will always be limited to 30. And like I said, people already had huge collections when I started playing. People had no problem pouring money into the game from the very start. I overcame these expensive decks by learning how to play against them with the cards I had.

Standard helps new players because there are less cards to learn in any given rotation compared to wild. This cuts in favor, not against my argument.
Less intense as a result of the disparity difference. I'm not changing my position, I'm just being more clear about the position.

Easy to get 3 epics as opposed to 1-3 legendary cards.

Dust all the cards for the other classes you get from packs.

Aim your goal to play Zoo only.
3 epics are not easy to get at all. -_- You're talking 1200 dust!

Zoo can win games without Sea Giant. Just throw in two Doomguards for reach instead. Those are rares, IIRC. Not sure what other epic he's referring to but the beauty of zoo is that it's the loosest of the archetypes and everything is replaceable. Throw in some chargers or a card that buffs attack for any cards you're missing from the optimized lists and you're good to go. You want cheap minions, direct damage, and reach, and you can get that without breaking the bank.
You're right, my bad - I thought Doomguards were epics.

The desire to win early is because of the reward and quest structure. You only get stuff for winning unless you have those terrible "play 40 spells" quests that only give 40g.

In my case, after I got enough to be able to make decks that I want to play, the desire to win subsided and I just play for fun.
It would be cool if Hearthstone changed the quest structure to "Play X games" instead of "Win X games".

Sea Giant really swings the tide to Zoo's favor though as it rewards the vomit and spamming stuff on the board strategy.

It can also be a dead draw if you just got board wiped or only have 1 or 2 minions. Sea Giant is pretty great in Zoo, but you can put together a decent deck without it. Especially if you're just starting out and dust is hard to come by.

clav

It would be cool if Hearthstone changed the quest structure to "Play X games" instead of "Win X games".

People would concede within 5 seconds of the match.

It can also be a dead draw if you just got board wiped or only have 1 or 2 minions. Sea Giant is pretty great in Zoo, but you can put together a decent deck without it. Especially if you're just starting out and dust is hard to come by.

You can. It just helps.

frequency

I wish.

People would concede within 5 seconds of the match.
Who cares? New players or even other veterans getting that 40-60g in 2 minutes vs 2 hours has zero affect on you or me.
If, for some reason, we care that other people are getting their daily pittance, then you can just make it so they have to play X number of turns before the game counts.

clav

I like the quests that say destroy x number of minions or 100 damage to heroes.

Maybe they should have one that says draw/play 100 cards.

Who cares? New players or even other veterans getting that 40-60g in 2 minutes vs 2 hours has zero affect on you or me.
If, for some reason, we care that other people are getting their daily pittance, then you can just make it so they have to play X number of turns before the game counts.

You have options though. Tavern Brawl or Arena.

Or gasp, pay money. You see posters on this board frothing at buying the latest AAA game for $60 MSRP.

Levi

Banned

GeorgeC hit top 8 in the spring preliminaries running a zoo that didn't have sea giants. Lots of zoo lists replace Sea Giants with reach, cards like Dark Iron Dwarf or Leeroy.

And yes, an optimized zoo list is better than a cobbled together one, but unoptimized lists can win and more importantly they can teach you the fundamentals of the game better than a pure aggro list can.

Dahbomb

It should be play X amount of matches with X class only Blizzard should be smart enough to include a check so that you only get credit if a certain amount of time/turn has elapsed. You know, like they do it in Duelyst.

Yeah, but you're lying. :p The game has gotten exponentially easier for me with every relevant epic/legendary I get.
So which deck is it easier to play online with.. your Priest that has multiple Legendaries/Epics or the Shaman decks with no Legendaries?

The game isn't becoming easier because you are filling your deck with more Legendaries, it's getting easier because you now know what the stronger strategies are and how to play around stuff better.

Apathy

I wish.

Well blizzard didn't make the game out of the goodness of their heart. They gotta get paid in some way. So people either pay or have to grind, it's what F2P games are built on. If they gave away super easy gold then who would pay to keep the game going?

pantsmith

I started less than a year ago on the ipad (I had played the beta, but not much more) and only really started making progress once I started investing in the adventures.

My recommendation for a new player would be:

- Learn the cards by reading/watching a lot
- Unlock tavern brawl, and make a habit of using it to clear out your dailies and get your free pack
- Figure out which class feels the best to play, then stick with it
- Use your gold to buy whichever adventure wings best support that class

Money you throw at the game should go toward adventures first, since a handful of guaranteed strong cards is better than hoping for what you need from random packs.

clav

GeorgeC hit top 8 in the spring preliminaries running a zoo that didn't have sea giants. Lots of zoo lists replace Sea Giants with reach, cards like Dark Iron Dwarf or Leeroy.

And yes, an optimized zoo list is better than a cobbled together one, but unoptimized lists can win and more importantly they can teach you the fundamentals of the game better than a pure aggro list can.

I think Arena teaches the game better than constructed for new players. At least it does for me.

Constructed initially draws the appeal of legendary cards due to the fancy sound production + animations when played.

Frustrating part is learning arena requires losing a lot or watching others players handle difficult boards + crafting decks.

frequency

You have options though. Tavern Brawl or Arena.

Or gasp, pay money. You see posters on this board frothing at buying the latest AAA game at $60 MSRP.

Arena needs gold to be played. Brawls are inaccessible some weeks (bring your own deck weeks).

Paying money is all fine and good if you think it's worth it. But I think an issue is Hearthstone is asking too much money up front (because of random cards in each pack) from people who don't know if they like the game that much or not yet.

Very few people are willing to pay $60 for a mobile game.

Making quests easier to complete has no affect (that I can think of) on us as existing players so I don't know why people are so against it. You only get 1 quest a day and it's only for 40-60g so it's all time gated anyway and building your collection will still take a long time. It's just you can grind for 2 minutes rather than 2 hours before going back to playing the decks and classes you want to play.

Well blizzard didn't make the game out of the goodness of their heart. They gotta get paid in some way. So people either pay or have to grind, it's what F2P games are built on. If they gave away super easy gold then who would pay to keep the game going?

Dailies are time gated though and getting a pack every 2-3 days isn't going to really do anything. People do that now anyway but just hate it as they smash their face against the wall trying to get a quest done for a class they don't care about.
Maybe they could even decrease the amount of gold you get or something. I just think the game should be easier to hook people in.

I think about Heroes of the Storm and all the gold they throw at you at the beginning to buy heroes with. But once you get more and more into the game and level up more naturally, you get less and less gold given to you. But by then you're already so into the game you're willing to pay. That's how it was with me at least.

IvorB

Think I'm kind of losing it for this game. There is just nothing to do but log on briefly to do the quests and it's pretty depressing scraping gold together to buy packs that contain nothing but sh*t. I thought about buying some adventures but the prices are just taking the piss; I could buy a whole PS4 game with that amount. Anyways, downloaded Hex: Shards of Fate over the weekend and that seems to be more what I am looking for.

Razakin

Soo, what legendaries are still must have at current meta from TGT/Old Gods?

Currently thinking about getting N'Zoth and Justicar Trueheart. Though Gormok for zoo and Twin Emp's for various C'Thun stuff are probably ok too.

ViviOggi

This doesn't apply as dailies are inherently limited. Making them easier to clear for players who can't make appropriate decks for every class changes nothing.

wiibomb

Think I'm kind of losing it for this game. There is just nothing to do but log on briefly to do the quests and it's pretty depressing scraping gold together to buy packs that contain nothing but sh*t. I thought about buying some adventures but the prices are just taking the piss; I could buy a whole PS4 game with that amount. Anyways, downloaded Hex: Shards of Fate over the weekend and that seems to be more what I am looking for.

what about saving for one wing at least? there's something to look forward that way.

I have about 1800-1900 gold right now and I'm saving to buy the whole LoE adventure, didn't spent any gold on anything yet just to save up and buy it whole.

Last weeks tavern brawl helped me huge to get to my goal, I won 40 times and got to finish all quests from those 5 days + all the gold from the 3 wins

Dahbomb

Soo, what legendaries are still must have at current meta from TGT/Old Gods?

Currently thinking about getting N'Zoth and Justicar Trueheart. Though Gormok for zoo and Twin Emp's for various C'Thun stuff are probably ok too.
From TGT: Justicar and Gormok. Varian has been brought into the meta due to Tempo Warrior.

From Old Gods: Nzoth, Lightlord, Xaril, Malkorok (Tempo Warrior though not essential), Twin Emperors. Fandral is good but Druids need a stronger in the meta for it to see more play.

clav

Arena needs gold to be played. Brawls are inaccessible some weeks (bring your own deck weeks).

Paying money is all fine and good if you think it's worth it. But I think an issue is Hearthstone is asking too much money up front (because of random cards in each pack) from people who don't know if they like the game that much or not yet.

I think initially gold is best spent on Arena runs. You get one free run to start. Brawls are always accessible. Get over anxiety about playing a deck and eventually you'll find someone who has a deck just as bad as yours. I learned this with a F2P account when I hopped over to a different region.

What? Hearthstone doesn't require you to pay anything. You can hop onto constructed when you start.

It's up to you to decide whether it's worth trading your time to keep the free aspect.

pantsmith

Very few people are willing to pay $60 for a mobile game.

So while Hearthstone is on mobile, and plays silk smooth there too, its really nothing like most mobile games.

Its a TCG that only works through a client. Like any TCG, you are looking at an investment of time, if not money too, in order to start beating other players.

Top Bottom