• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

V-Faction

I'd be upset about the murloc Paladin card... if I didn't want absolutely anything to do with murlocs in the new expansion for Shamans. I'd hope there would be more Totem synergy or interesting mechanics.

Also, I'd like to know more than a single card.

ViviOggi

I'd be upset about the murloc Paladin card... if I didn't want absolutely anything to do with murlocs in the new expansion for Shamans. I'd hope there would be more Totem synergy or interesting mechanics.

Also, I'd like to know more than a single card.
An unplayable Shaman Murlock is basically tradition at this point

Apathy

An unplayable Shaman Murlock is basically tradition at this point

which is actually sad that we expect that instead of you know, hoping blizzard would give a class something viable.

Sure not every card has to be viable to play , but good lord, some cards for what blizzard thinks a class should encompass would be nice

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
which is actually sad that we expect that instead of you know, hoping blizzard would give a class something viable.

Sure not every card has to be viable to play , but good lord, some cards for what blizzard thinks a class should encompass would be nice

Why do people want Shaman Murloc to be a thing? Murlocs and Overload are mechanics that I feel are super anti-synergistic.

Why do people want Shaman Murloc to be a thing? Murlocs and Overload are mechanics that I feel are super anti-synergistic.
Also, I don't like Murlocs, and I hate Paladins, so I'm glad for them to be together.

I don't understand why they would put Murlocs with Shamans when they have all 4 elements to focus on. I would much rather have all kinds of cool elementals to play with than fricken Murlocs.

Apathy

Not like I'm dying for it, but if blizzard claims something they want to achieve for a class and don't end up doing it, it kinda speaks bad of them trying to do things for other classes later down the line

ViviOggi

It's not about Murloc Shaman, it's about Blizz refusing to focus on just one of all the terrible ideas they've thrown at Shaman. The class has been pure ass since the first expansion [/I, it's actually unreal how they continue to print 2-3 highly insufficient cards for an entirely new archetype with each expansion and straight up drop it by the next. The only thing that eventually stuck is a braindead hyperface list because the only worthwhile thing the class has accumulated over the years is an assload of burn cards.

Like, nobody cares about for example tribes largely being ignored, but we're talking about an entire class here. Get it together.

Blizzard themselves have said that Murlocs are a theme of the Shaman class. I think most people just want them to make it actually playable if that's the route they're going to take.

Dre

Well there it is, the second WotOG Shaman card;

635951072562010791.png

EDIT: no April's fool btw
https://twitter.com/ywoo_dev/status/715935414012358656

I like the card, has some synergy with Tuskar Totemic(and the totem 2 drop). Probably a sign they're going to add some more totem synergy cards.

Honestly even at 6 Mana it's not a horrible card.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
If real, thats a great card. You are likely to have summoned at least 1 totem before turn 5 IMO, and a 5 mana 5/5 with Taunt is stated pretty well. Could make the Totem Heavy Decks a lot better.

gutshot

I like the card, has some synergy with Tuskar Totemic(and the totem 2 drop). Probably a sign they're going to add some more totem synergy cards.

Honestly even at 6 Mana it's not a horrible card.

It's pretty bad at 6 mana. A worse Lord of the Arena, which is already a shit card.

That being said, cost reduction mechanics are usually pretty powerful so this card has the potential to see competitive play. Depends on what the rest of the deck looks like and if it will be good enough in the new Standard meta.

Apathy

That's a solid card. If you hero power on turn 2 and Tuskar Totemic on 3, you can play this on 4. Later in the game, you should be able to get them out for nearly free.

Edit: It's fake? Damn, that sucks.

I hope "you've summoned" actually does include totemics totem and not some weird way of blizzard saying "oh no it should be only from hero power"

also in case you haven't drawn this early, it could end up being a 0-2 cost spell

Raxus

Shamans still have totem golem too. It is a nice card for slower shamans. Earth elemental is going to be pretty good as well with the nerf to BGH coming.

It's pretty bad at 6 mana. A worse Lord of the Arena, which is already a shit card.

That being said, cost reduction mechanics are usually pretty powerful so this card has the potential to see competitive play. Depends on what the rest of the deck looks like.
Well yeah, what I mean is that if I see a 6 Mana 5/5 taunt in arena and I really need a taunt I'd pick it. But you're right it is bad.

Thankfully I don't think any Shaman deck that wants to play this card will ever have to spend 6.

Pooya

Shaman has good heals and taunts now at least, rogue doesn't even have that yet. I'd be surprised they print rogue heal cards, seems to be against their principles -_-

georly

Also, I don't like Murlocs, and I hate Paladins, so I'm glad for them to be together.

I don't understand why they would put Murlocs with Shamans when they have all 4 elements to focus on. I would much rather have all kinds of cool elementals to play with than fricken Murlocs.

You sure hate a lot of stuff about this game :p
<3

bring on the totem synergy. Only way for it to not be worst hero power is if more cards benefit from it.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Does it work off of non hero power totems?

Yes. "Summoned" also means any card played, of cards spawned from other cards. So Totem Golem, Tuskarr Totemic, Mana Tide Totem, and Flametongue Totem should all reduce its cost.

Alrus

This seems like a pretty decent card then. No overload, synergizes well with other shaman cards. It's like a much better version of Knight of the Wild.

Also a very good arena card.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
One problem is that it might be difficult to play two totems before Turn 4 unless you are hero powering, which means you are paying a tempo loss upfront for the effect. And it is not remarkable at 5 mana. Would have been better as a 4/6 but that might have been OP.

Dahbomb

One problem is that it might be difficult to play two totems before Turn 4 unless you are hero powering, which means you are paying a tempo loss upfront for the effect. And it is not remarkable at 5 mana. Would have been better as a 4/6 but that might have been OP.
Totem Golem, Totem Golem, Tuskar Totemic into another Tuskar Totemic plus this card on same turn.

The dream!

Apathy

If you get lucky with a totemic on 3 and just the one hero power on 2.

Acerac

Banned
Dunno guys, this card seems decent, but I'm not overly impressed. Best case it comes out turn 4 and it a 5/5 taunt for 4, that's.... pretty ok for a best case scenario I guess?

Granted, late game it'll be nice to have a free 5/5 taunt, but if shamans still have trouble with card advantage, I wonder if free cards are the answer. At least it synergizes well with mana tide totem.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Mid-range Shaman also already felt like a deck that was going to be better in Standard than it was before.

Dunno guys, this card seems decent, but I'm not overly impressed. Best case it comes out turn 4 and it a 5/5 taunt for 4, that's.... pretty ok for a best case scenario I guess?

Granted, late game it'll be nice to have a free 5/5 taunt, but if shamans still have trouble with card advantage, I wonder if free cards are the answer. At least it synergizes well with mana tide totem.
What would really contest that at this point? Things like Sludge Belcher are being removed.

ViviOggi

You just need an on-curve Totemic for that scenario and a 5/5 taunt on 4 is on par with Twilight Guardian - sometimes better, sometimes worse - which is an insane card. It's not enough to carry a totem list on its own but absolutely a key piece.

Acerac

Banned
Mid-range Shaman also already felt like a deck that was going to be better in Standard than it was before.

What would really contest that at this point? Things like Sludge Belcher are being removed.

Draenei Totemcarver is what immediately popped in to my mind as being comparable to this card. It had the same prerelease buzz, but totems were too slow and too random then, and I don't feel the rotation of the sets will be enough to be able to gamble with them.

Of course, DTC lacks taunt, and relies on active totems which is a lot more difficult to maintain than counting total totems summoned. I just remember the frustration I had trying to get that deck to work and TFB doesn't seem like the missing piece that'll make the deck perform.

Granted, I'd love to be wrong.
You just need an on-curve Totemic for that scenario and a 5/5 taunt on 4 is on par with Twilight Guardian - sometimes better, sometimes worse - which is an insane card. It's not enough to carry a totem list on its own but absolutely a key piece.

I get you, it just feels like token paladin as a deck they are willing to give tools to, but not enough to be competitive. After all, to activate twilight drake you need lots of cards in hand, something that is innately good as opposed to playing totems your first 3 turns, something that can forfeit the game before you even see turn 4.

Once again, would love to be wrong.

There are 4 mana 5/4s (Savage Combatant, Evil Heckler, Lost Tallstrider, and that Priest Inspire card that no one has ever played) that trade with it 1 for 1. It's still the best 4 drop if you can get it out on 4.

Dahbomb

4 mana 5/5 Taunt is insane, probably best in game. I wouldn't even be that sad playing it for 5 mana but that is unlikely to happen in a Totem Shaman deck.

This is also much better than DTC.

Top Bottom