• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

georly

Cool card I guess, in what situation is that even useful though?

Poisoned blade! (lolololololol)

22273.png

Get a 7 mana 3/2! Or 8 mana 3/4!
Or just play assassin's blade.

In reality, unless rogue gets another weapon w/ high durability, I don't see this being that useful :/ basically 1 mana 1 damage and draw a card most of the time. Might as well use shiv. (Well, shiv is 2 mana I guess, so this might be better?)

A one Mana cycle card would be great for Rogues. It enables combo and you can draw into answers, especially with Auctioneer.

I can't imagine when the other effect would be that useful. Maybe on a 2 Health minion.

georly

A one Mana cycle card would be great for Rogues. It enables combo and you can draw into answers, especially with Auctioneer.

I can't imagine when the other effect would be that useful. Maybe on a 2 Health minion.

I mean, if non-oil weapon rogue becomes a thing, this is alright on assasin's blade. a 4/3 is better than a 3/4 most of the time.

Pachimari

Edit: Yeah, shattered sun cleric over engineer. 1/1 minions will do you no good. If you can swap out wolf riders for crocs or raptors, that's good, too.

If you practice and do well, this deck should get you at least to rank 15, maybe even 10 or better if you're persistent and learn to play it well, I think.

I swapped x1 wolfrider with x1 raptor.

And I already got this deck to lvl 14 with the basic deck. I'm gonna get it to lvl 15.

georly

I swapped x1 wolfrider with x1 raptor.

And I already got this deck to lvl 14 with the basic deck. I'm gonna get it to lvl 15.

I mean RANK (lower rank = better), not level. Mage level is good to get higher, though :) Once you hit 20 you can do tavern brawls, which are basically a free pack each week.

Crosseyes

Banned
I feel like my legendary pity timer has to be getting pretty up there. I know I'm gonna pull one and reset it with my brawl pack the week before expansion.

Anilones

I feel like my legendary pity timer has to be getting pretty up there. I know I'm gonna pull one and reset it with my brawl pack the week before expansion.

There is a pity timer for each type of pack. I made sure that my last GvG pack had a legendary in it.

georly

I still need to preorder the packs for this xpac. Gotta figure out the whole deal w/ amazon coins. Do they sometimes offer better prices/value on the coins? Plan is to preorder the 50, open them, and then use remaining amazon coins/HS gold to buy either more gods packs or TGT packs (I only bought like 10 of them).

Pachimari

I mean RANK (lower rank = better), not level. Mage level is good to get higher, though :) Once you hit 20 you can do tavern brawls, which are basically a free pack each week.

Oh wow, I thought the higher rank = better lol. Thanks for teaching me this too. :)

gutshot

Man I hate April's Fools day.... can't even look at this card in earnest.

It's likely fake. That is art from the WoW TCG.

41neikzQLLL.jpg

I don't think they've used any pre-existing art for Old Gods. I guess it is possible they could be in this instance, but considering the day, probably fake.

georly

Oh wow, I thought the higher rank = better lol. Thanks for teaching me this too. :)

Well, you start at rank 25, you go down to 1. After rank 1 is "legend" rank. Your legend rank is your actual position compared to everyone else in legend. So legend rank 1 is the 'best' player that month, basically.

If you make it to rank 20 or higher, you get a free card back and some other rewards. Getting rank 20 is really easy.

http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Ranked

It's likely fake. That is art from the WoW TCG.

41neikzQLLL.jpg

I don't think they've used any pre-existing art for Old Gods. I guess it is possible they could be in this instance, but considering the day, probably fake.

I don't know if you can use the pre-existing art thing as justification. They do it all the time. I'm not as familiar w/ the WoW tcg to know for sure if it hasn't been used this xpac or not, but I wouldn't rule it out for this reason. Either way, if I was going to make a believable fake, I guess this is what I would do.

Pachimari

Well, you start at rank 25, you go down to 1. After rank 1 is "legend" rank. Your legend rank is your actual position compared to everyone else in legend. So legend rank 1 is the 'best' player that month, basically.

If you make it to rank 20 or higher, you get a free card back and some other rewards. Getting rank 20 is really easy.

http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Ranked
Oh wait. I thought I had to get a hero (Mage in this case which is lvl 14) to lvl 20 in order to get access to the tavern and get a free pack a week? Is still the case?

And if I make it to Rank 20 as a player, I'll get a free pack and other rewards, correct?

I realized I was missing too many classic cards to be saving up for OG and opened a bunch of packs.

Got King Krush, not the best legendary ever but pretty nice to have. I still haven't gotten any trash legendaries which is nice. Sadly have only gotten 3 total though.

Oh and also I never realized how broken Krush was, pls nerf
So I can dust.

peakish

I've seen people use "lower" to mean both higher and lower for the ranking system, lol. I personally use it in the sense of climbing a ladder, where "higher" means a better (ie. lower) rank.

georly

Oh wait. I thought I had to get a hero (Mage in this case which is lvl 14) to lvl 20 in order to get access to the tavern and get a free pack a week? Is still the case?

And if I make it to Rank 20 as a player, I'll get a free pack and other rewards, correct?

Yeah, heroes can level up to 60, but you need at least one hero at lvl 20 to access tavern brawls, I believe. I think you need all heroes to lvl 10, also? I could be wrong.

Monthly rank rewards don't give packs. At rank 20 you get a card back, 1 gold card (higher chance of being common, but it could be anything), and like 5 dust?

The 'better' your rank (closer to rank 1 = better), the better your rewards. I think you're guaranteed to get epic or better at 'better' ranks? Other people have posted their rewards.

Rank 4. Could be worse I suppose.
hearthstonescreenshot54lbv.png

I got that 1-mana epic murloc-killing crab for my Ranked reward. Zero guilt about dusting that one. :-/

I also got my THIRD golden Bash in the last week. What is that about?!

Pachimari

Okay thanks! Well, I'm still working on getting all of my heroes to lvl 10, and mage to lvl 20 but I am doing progress, even though I lose all of my matches against the AI on expert. I think all of my decks must suck..

georly

Okay thanks! Well, I'm still working on getting all of my heroes to lvl 10, and mage to lvl 20 but I am doing progress, even though I lose all of my matches against the AI on expert. I think all of my decks must suck..

Yeah, it's possible. Just swap in a lot of those better cards that we suggested. Class cards are usually better than commons, for the most part. Yeti is really strong, too. Also takes getting used to the game. Once you can reliably beat each expert AI, you should be good to go out in the wild.

Apathy

OK, you know you've been playing too much when you start dreaming about hearthstone.

Woke up today after I dreamt about a new card, some sort of "good guy" version of acolyte of pain that was wearing some white armor. That was just weird.

Anilones

Madridista have you watched these videos on Youtube? They helped me immeasurably when I first started, it may make you realise why Nightblade isn't a good card.

Pachimari

Yeah, it's possible. Just swap in a lot of those better cards that we suggested. Class cards are usually better than commons, for the most part. Yeti is really strong, too. Also takes getting used to the game. Once you can reliably beat each expert AI, you should be good to go out in the wild.

But I only have 2 cards of each. Should I just get one deck to lvl 10 and take the cards from that deck (like Yeti, Raptors etc.) to put in another deck?

Madridista have you watched these videos on Youtube? They helped me immeasurably when I first started, it may make you realise why Nightblade isn't a good card.

Thanks! I'm gonna take a look at that video now.

georly

But I only have 2 cards of each. Should I just get one deck to lvl 10 and take the cards from that deck (like Yeti, Raptors etc.) to put in another deck?

Uh. I'm confused. Are you assuming that if you have 2 yeti in one deck it means you can't put 2 yeti in another? The limit is PER deck. You can put (the same) 2 yeti in every single deck if you want.

And yeah, use the trump teachings. Super fundamental stuff, teaches you solid decks w/ just basic (and lvl 10 class) cards.

I can't get this obsession over creating a Blood Imp-based deck out of my head. What cards would even go with that?

Gang Boss Imp
Acolyte of Pain
Mistress of Pain

Who else significantly benefits from Blood Imp's buff? I know folks say that he dies to any kind of 1-damage AoE, but I've experimented with putting Demonfire on him, and he sticks for the entire game against most decks.

Pachimari

Just watch that episode 00, and it seems very thorough. I'm gonna watch more, but I assume I should copy all of his decks into my game.

Anilones

Just watch that episode 00, and it seems very thorough. I'm gonna watch more, but I assume I should copy all of his decks into my game.

Pretty much although some may be slightly dated now but Trump is a professional Hearthstone player so he knows his stuff. Some of the more advanced decks which he suggests to work towards would now be out of date, especially with the imminent arrival of Standard.

georly

Pretty much although some may be slightly dated now but Trump is a professional Hearthstone player so he knows his stuff. Some of the more advanced decks which he suggests to work towards would now be out of date, especially with the imminent arrival of Standard.

What he has will definitely help you lvl your guys up to 20, and definitely get you to rank 20. Either way, the core concepts he teaches you are still valuable to this day.

I'll just copy those basic decks he showed in Episode 00 then.

Gotta get to lvl 10 w/ each class, first. Just play against the AI until you're 10 :). Win or lose, you get exp.

Dre

I can't get this obsession over creating a Blood Imp-based deck out of my head. What cards would even go with that?

Gang Boss Imp
Acolyte of Pain
Mistress of Pain

Who else significantly benefits from Blood Imp's buff? I know folks say that he dies to any kind of 1-damage AoE, but I've experimented with putting Demonfire on him, and he sticks for the entire game against most decks.

Dragon Egg
Angry Chicken
Echoing Ooze
Wild Pyromancer (lol the synergy)
Imp Master
Grim Patron
Bolf Ramshield

You mentioned the rest.

Honestly, I think it's stupid as shit that Blizzard split Murlocs between Paladin and Shaman despite Shaman being the "Murloc class" for a longer period of time... and then to top it off, throw the best Murloc cards to Paladin.

I mean, seriously, at this point I can only hope they completely stop giving Murloc cards to Shaman because none of them are ever even remotely as good as what Paladin is getting. The Shaman Murloc cards end up being a wasted class card.

Dahbomb

Gang Boss Imp
Acolyte of Pain
Mistress of Pain

Blood Imp sucks (pun intended).

Imp Master gets the most benefit though. Each additional health means one extra Demon Imp and if an Imp gets one HP that's fine too.

Dre

Honestly, I think it's stupid as shit that Blizzard split Murlocs between Paladin and Shaman despite Shaman being the "Murloc class" for a longer period of time... and then to top it off, throw the best Murloc cards to Paladin.

I mean, seriously, at this point I can only hope they completely stop giving Murloc cards to Shaman because none of them are ever even remotely as good as what Paladin is getting. The Shaman Murloc cards end up being a wasted class card.

Well every Murloc card Paladins get, can also be obtained by a Shaman through Neptulon.
Not in Standard obviously, but that's probably Blizzard's reasoning behind all those OP Paladin Murlocs.

Apathy

We want shamans to be the murloc class, but you get nothing useful to accomplish that. Like I have no idea how they can say one thing and do another so blatantly. Just say paladins are the murloc class and give shamans something else

georly

We want shamans to be the murloc class, but you get nothing useful to accomplish that. Like I have no idea how they can say one thing and do another so blatantly. Just say paladins are the murloc class and give shamans something else

I miss warlock being the murloc class. Loc Lock.

ViviOggi

It's not just that Blizz keeps giving Paladin the better Murlock cards, this one in particular is April fools' levels of stupidity since they gave it to the class with a top tier hero power over the one with the worst in the entire game

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Shaman Murloc needs some ridiculously broken card draw like the Warlock Hero Power or Divine Favor to work. Stupid shit like Siltfin Spiritwalker or Cult Master is not going to cut it.

Well every Murloc card Paladins get, can also be obtained by a Shaman through Neptulon.
Not in Standard obviously, but that's probably Blizzard's reasoning behind all those OP Paladin Murlocs.

True, but Paladins can also get Shaman Murlocs through Murloc Knight. Siltfin Spiritwalker was a terrible Shaman Murloc card that was amazing when it popped out of Murloc Knight for 2 mana.

Funny how the card does not synergize at all with Anyfin and is great with Everyfin but they wanted to give it to Paladin anyway.

I can almost see Brode giving the stink eye to anyone on the dev team suggesting they give this card to Shaman.

Edit: people are so mad about it not being shaman that they're hoping that it being a Paladin card is an April fools joke.

georly

Funny how the card does not synergize at all with Anyfin and is great with Everyfin but they wanted to give it to Paladin anyway.

I can almost see Brode giving the stink eye to anyone on the dev team suggesting they give this card to Shaman.

Edit: people are so mad about it not being shaman that they're hoping that it being a Paladin card is an April fools joke.

it'll re-enter the meta once the 2015 cards leave standard :p

you can get it with grand crusader :p

200px-Grand_Crusader%2822326%29.png

Shaman strat: Survive to turn 6, play grand crusader, concede if you don't get it.

Apathy

it'll re-enter the meta once the 2015 cards leave standard :p

you can get it with grand crusader :p

200px-Grand_Crusader%2822326%29.png

Shaman strat: Survive to turn 6, play grand crusader, concede if you don't get it.

So many concede shaman variations, theres a flavor for everyone!

Top Bottom