• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
that brawl was dope as hell

that feel when you get that Millhouse Manastorm alley-oop into blessing of kings + 2x blessed champion

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I just faced a guy who had nearly all golden cards, and all the most expensive Warrior cards and he barely beat me. I mean how the fuck do you spend that much money on the game and still be stuck at rank 20?

Levi

Banned
These co-op brawls seem awesome but I generally get teamed up with terrible team-mates. Last time it got to the point where I would just resign after the first misplay from my partner in a desperate attempt to find someone competent so I could get my dang pack. Took over an hour.

Levi

Banned
I just faced a guy who had nearly all golden cards, and all the most expensive Warrior cards and he barely beat me. I mean how the fuck do you spend that much money on the game and still be stuck at rank 20?

He's not "stuck" at rank 20, he's deliberately conceding games to stay there to get easy wins. After 500 ranked wins you get a golden portrait for your hero, which leads to cheesy tactics from pathetic people.

Yep, it's Wednesday.

I like most brawls, even the webspinner one. This one is really the one I loathe.

These co-op brawls seem awesome but I generally get teamed up with terrible team-mates. Last time it got to the point where I would just resign after the first misplay from my partner in a desperate attempt to find someone competent so I could get my dang pack. Took over an hour.

it's not even the co op partner it's that you have to hope for mechazoid, or whatēver it's called, to whiff on its first couple hero power activations or it's already over.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
He's not "stuck" at rank 20, he's deliberately conceding games to stay there to get easy wins. After 500 ranked wins you get a golden portrait for your hero, which leads to cheesy tactics from pathetic people.

Oh, that's even more sad. I guess you can't avoid smurfs no matter the bloody game.

I like most brawls, even the webspinner one. This one is really the one I loathe.

it's not even the co op partner it's that you have to hope for mechazoid, or whatēver it's called, to whiff on its first couple hero power activations or it's already over.

Yeah, it's hard to play around Bomb Salvo hitting someone three times in the face.

Levi

Banned
I get the brawl quest so often on Tue/Wed/Thu that I'm starting feel it's rigged.

I think I've only gotten that quest twice since they introduced (and I always reroll, I don't particularly like Brawls).

I do keep getting Shaman quests, though. 3 of the last four days I've rerolled into a Shaman quest. :(

I have nothing but good things to say about this brawl.

5a6iJaa.png

ViviOggi

Today arena was successful with my 2x Flamestrike, 3x Faceless Summoner Mage at 9 wins but my goodness some of my opponents were crazy. Super Shaman with Totem Golem, Framewreathed Faceless, Fire Elemental and Hallazeal; Pyroblast SMOrc mage and "I only have giant minions when you have Flamestrike in hand/minion flood when you waste it" Paladin as the last one.

When the average Mage is as fucking ridiculous at it is now after tons of op commons every single expansion, with options no other class but (arguably) Rogue can ever dream of, then that's what it takes to get to 9+ wins.

Today arena was successful with my 2x Flamestrike, 3x Faceless Summoner Mage at 9 wins but my goodness some of my opponents were crazy. Super Shaman with Totem Golem, Framewreathed Faceless, Fire Elemental and Hallazeal; Pyroblast SMOrc mage and "I only have giant minions when you have Flamestrike in hand/minion flood when you waste it" Paladin as the last one.

I played against a Druid that went 8/8 taunt into 8/8 taunt into Ragnaros. I was able to deal with the first two 8/8s then disconnected and came back to dying. Drawing Deathwing would have been so good :(

wiibomb

omg... I love this brawl..

I know it's slow, but it becomes so chaotic... and best of all, it has an improvised co-op. I never thought that was possible in HS

Yeah I actually get it pretty often as well on brawl days.

I've been in HS all days since the WotOG and never got a quest like that :/

inky

I'm starting to feel like Kripp in that people would just lose to snipe me even though I don't stream, lol.

This is a deck I faced at 1-2 in Arena:

31231qvxe2.png

Minibot into Muster into Minibot + Juggler (to kill my minion of course) into Scarlet Crusader into Murloc Knight (which gave him a charger of course) into bullshit. I killed that corrupted Healbot, the Murloc and the Smith and didn't even dent his face. At 1-2. (Golden Paladin as if that makes any difference).

I just don't know man. What the fuck is going on. At 1-2!. I mean, my Warlock deck was crap, sure, but it shouldn't be this lopsided.

Heropon

When the average Mage is as fucking ridiculous at it is now after tons of op commons every single expansion, with options no other class but (arguably) Rogue can ever dream of, then that's what it takes to get to 9+ wins.

Do you really think the state of Arena is that difficult right now? I haven't played too much but it doesn't seem much more ridiculous than before apart from having less ways to come back. Maybe I'm just a having a lucky streak, my Old Gods average is 6.29 and I'm surprised.

I played against a Druid that went 8/8 taunt into 8/8 taunt into Ragnaros. I was able to deal with the first two 8/8s then disconnected and came back to dying. Drawing Deathwing would have been so good :(

That sucks. :(
I remember drafting Ragnaros once and it never appeared, that's when you remember that curve is king in Arena.

Spent a ton of dust today making a N'Zoth rouge deck. So glad I did. Don't care about how competitive this deck is but is a ton of fun.

Under city huckster and Journey below are awesome (and cheap!) cards.

This Brawl is really cool, though if you don't get the right cards it could be impossible. I was lucky to get Blessing of Kings + Lorewalker Cho and me and my partner passed it back and forth for a few turns. I had this beefy 17/14 with Divine Shield that took him down.

Also, amusingly enough, the boss specifically has a card to kill Lorewalker Cho.

This Brawl is really cool, though if you don't get the right cards it could be impossible. I was lucky to get Blessing of Kings + Lorewalker Cho and me and my partner passed it back and forth for a few turns. I had this beefy 17/14 with Divine Shield that took him down.

Also, amusingly enough, the boss specifically has a card to kill Lorewalker Cho.

Yeah I think he had it last time too, and he uses it almost immediately every time. I guess it was needed for balance.

Apathy

I enjoyed this brawl, was very fun.

I still dont get how everyone gets amazing brawl decks every week and I get just crappy shit

I enjoyed this brawl, was very fun.

I still dont get how everyone gets amazing brawl decks every week and I get just crappy shit
Just confirmation bias. Only the folks who get good packs will post them. I got my 4th Mindgames. -_-

At least it's 100 more dust toward Dragon Priest.

Haunted

Holy shit, finally beat Skelesaurus Fucking Hex on heroic. At least they attack with their strongest minion first so he ram his 24 attack Gahrzilla into the divine shield of my Sunwalker and and his Scar with Humility did one damage to it. Allowed me to play my Kelthuzad and use the glitch of them not attacking.

I just hope Blizzard doesn't do shit like that in the next adventure.
Good job!

One of the most luck-based bosses they've put in the game, I agree.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I made it there and I'm so nervous to touch that ranked button... I've been ignoring it for a week and a half

I ranked up, ranked down, ranked up and I'm currently at 19 0*. The game is too stressful lol.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Grats! :)

You can't lose your monthly rewards by ranking down. It goes by the highest rank you achieved during the season - fear not.

Oh really? My friend told me it was the rank you were at when it ended, well that's even better then. At least I'll get a little more at the end of the month.

Levi

Banned
Oh really? My friend told me it was the rank you were at when it ended, well that's even better then. At least I'll get a little more at the end of the month.

Each increment rank you go up inside the 5s (for example, 20-19) you get a little bit more dust. Each multiple of 5 you go up (15, 10, 5, Legendary) is either an additional gold card or one of the gold cards is replaced with one of a higher rarity.

So there's an incentive to keep ranking up and no penalty for losing rank.

bjaelke

Only "penalty" is that your end of season ranking carries over to the start of next season - you're given stars based on the position you finish on.

wiibomb

no, you get the chest from the highest rank you mnaged to get in the season.The game even tells you so.

You can't lose your monthly rewards by ranking down. It goes by the highest rank you achieved during the season - fear not.

still.. it becomes quite stressful when battling for ranks that go up and down.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I see the priest still has arcane golem even after the nerf, lol.

I mean the nerf didn't really alter the reason that it is included in the brawl. In a co-op situation the drawback is not a drawback, whether pre-nerf or post-nerf.

This has always been in the co-op brawl. Gives you an opportunity to survive another turn because he'll prioritize Cho right after you play it.
Good to know! This is my first co-op Brawl, and I like it outside of not being able to choose my class for quests. :-/

:)

Only "penalty" is that your end of season ranking carries over to the start of next season - you're given stars based on the position you finish on.
Yeah, and that hardly matters. It's +-1 rank.

I mean the nerf didn't really alter the reason that it is included in the brawl. In a co-op situation the drawback is not a drawback, whether pre-nerf or post-nerf.
Ohhhh, that IS neat!

Top Bottom