• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Tarazet

Fuck yeah, broke my streak of no golden legendaries since open beta (when I opened Grommash). Got a golden Rag and a reg Tirion on the same day.

Levi

Banned
How fucking hard is it to understand that playing Milhouse on curve in this brawl loses you the game? Or that Trading in all your minions means every attack is guaranteed to go face? Jesus Christ Shaman mains shouldn't be allowed into Co OP modes.

manhack

Been seeing a lot of newer players on here recently. Thought this might be of interest:

Sheng's Budget Standard Decks for All 9 Classes

Budget Restrictions
These Standard decks are constructed with only Commons and Rares from the Basic, Classic, and Wrath of the Old Gods card sets. In order to build these decks, you need to fulfill the following requirements:
Reach Level 10 to unlock all of the Basic cards for each class.
Have from 880 to 1600 Dust available to craft a particular deck.

• Budget Standard C'Thun Druid
  • Budget Standard C'Thun Mage
  • Budget Standard Aggro Paladin
  • Budget Standard C'Thun Priest
  • Budget Standard C'Thun Rogue
  • Budget Standard Midrange Shaman
  • Budget Standard Zoo Warlock
  • Budget Standard Combo Warrior

I also saw this A guide for new players trying to get into HS

Ladekabel

Do you have to win the brawl this time or is it like the first time were participating was enough? Don't remember how it was with Druid x Mage.

Levi

Banned
After 45 minutes I get a good Co op partner and I get disconnected one turn before we win.

Fuck this brawl and fuck the mentally challenged people I get matched up with.

How is 40 dust worth going through this garbage.

EDIT: reconnected in time to finish him off. As predicted, 40 dust.

Not looking forward to doing this all over on my EU account. Hopefully they are smarter on that side of the ocean.

embalm

A lot of new guys in here, so this reddit thread came at a great time. It's Sheng's Budget Decks for Standard. They are decks created using only Basic, Common, and Rare cards; they also serve as the framework for some of the best decks in the game. So you never feel like you wasted your dust.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/4jxtw1/shengs_budget_standard_decks_for_all_9_classes/

Each deck links to a break down of strategy, reasons for the cards, and lots of other really great information.

If you are a new player, make sure to check it out!

Edit:
@Manhack, what a great post and a great link to such great information :)

image9ezyh.png

Hilarious. Dropped N'zoth and he summoned 3 Xarils and I shadow stepped N'zoth and I had an azure drake on board. Obvious flames strike is played and I play N'Zoth again and now 6 Xarils come down. Nice. It's nice to know that the shadow copy card that gives you a 1/1 copy for 1 mana comes back as a full body with N'Zoth. This is awesome.

After 6 games I finally got someone who knew that Prioritize doesn't INSTANTLY KILL the highest attack minion, it just deals attack damage. So if you put divine shield on my going to be massive holy champion and not your arcane golem it wont die!!! wow!!!

After 45 minutes I get a good Co op partner and I get disconnected one turn before we win.

Fuck this brawl and fuck the mentally challenged people I get matched up with.

How is 40 dust worth going through this garbage.

EDIT: reconnected in time to finish him off. As predicted, 40 dust.

Not looking forward to doing this all over on my EU account. Hopefully they are smarter on that side of the ocean.
Why even have two accounts where you have to double-grind all the time?

image9ezyh.png

Hilarious. Dropped N'zoth and he summoned 3 Xarils and I shadow stepped N'zoth and I had an azure drake on board. Obvious flames strike is played and I play N'Zoth again and now 6 Xarils come down. Nice. It's nice to know that the shadow copy card that gives you a 1/1 copy for 1 mana comes back as a full body with N'Zoth. This is awesome.
Oh snap. :-O

Started the brawl the minute it got live, sculpted my hand perfect for Lorewalker Cho then bounced back and forth 5 pump spells, my co op partner played milhouse and I finished the zoid with a 58/1 squire. He even healed himself to 7 to outlive the face damage at 1.

Got lucky with just 2 attack increases. Any more and you can pretty much concede on the spot.

4W6a7sg.gif

Literally 40 dust tho, got an equality as the only rare of which I already have a golden and a regular one.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah this one just really feels a lot harder to control than the Druid version did. That said, the change from Assassinate to just dealing damage to the minion makes the paladin actually able to be useful this time instead of just waiting for a huge minion to buff with Blessed Champion.

Pooya

I've had very good coop partners actually, only one of them was stupid and coined out millhouse then roped out. The rest were great and won every time, I'm 11-1 so far finishing up some paladin/priest quests. People learned how to play it after previous times.

wiibomb

Been seeing a lot of newer players on here recently. Thought this might be of interest:

Sheng's Budget Standard Decks for All 9 Classes

• Budget Standard C'Thun Druid
  • Budget Standard C'Thun Mage
  • Budget Standard Aggro Paladin
  • Budget Standard C'Thun Priest
  • Budget Standard C'Thun Rogue
  • Budget Standard Midrange Shaman
  • Budget Standard Zoo Warlock
  • Budget Standard Combo Warrior

I also saw this A guide for new players trying to get into HS

A lot of new guys in here, so this reddit thread came at a great time. It's Sheng's Budget Decks for Standard. They are decks created using only Basic, Common, and Rare cards; they also serve as the framework for some of the best decks in the game. So you never feel like you wasted your dust.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/4jxtw1/shengs_budget_standard_decks_for_all_9_classes/

Each deck links to a break down of strategy, reasons for the cards, and lots of other really great information.

If you are a new player, make sure to check it out!

Edit:
@Manhack, what a great post and a great link to such great information :)

thank you for the tips, they will come very handy when I start building decks-

for now I'll be playing only with basic cards until I buy the first expansion (I'm 900 away!)

Levi

Banned
Why even have two accounts where you have to double-grind all the time?

I like having a F2P account. It's a completely different feeling than my P2W account. Building decks with a limited collection in order to complete dailies uses a different part of my brain and is a different kind of challenge than laddering on an account where I have access to (nearly) all of the cards.

Also, laddering on my main account is stressful, and every loss is frustrating. On my f2p account, I don't feel that pressure to perform. Losses don't bother me, because I'm already an underdog, and wins are more satisfying. Beating someone with a meta deck when I'm playing a cobbled together homebrew deck feels great!

Ketch

nice I had one game where I coined out the shadow step xeril poison my nzoth, and then played him for 8 next turn which let me use gang up on my nzoth the same turn. ended up with 3 nzoth turns in a row.

wiibomb

I won the brawl first try. :)

it isn't that difficult if you know what to do and plan carefully, I lost for the first time after I won 6 matches.

It just takes time, but I won already 7 matches. I'll be farming it for gold, like the past brawl. Loved these last 2

I like having a F2P account. It's a completely different feeling than my P2W account. Building decks with a limited collection in order to complete dailies uses a different part of my brain and is a different kind of challenge than laddering on an account where I have access to (nearly) all of the cards.

Also, laddering on my main account is stressful, and every loss is frustrating. On my f2p account, I don't feel that pressure to perform. Losses don't bother me, because I'm already an underdog, and wins are more satisfying. Beating someone with a meta deck when I'm playing a cobbled together homebrew deck feels great!
Huh, interesting. Personally, I hate being restrained - I want every resource available. I just got a $120 bonus from work and already my head is to buying some packs so I can finish my Priest deck experiments. -_-

scarlet

Brawl:

My 1st partner conceded in 2nd turn

Couldn't get more better partner than my 2nd partner

Won, open pack, got disconnected.
I've no idea what cards I got or didn't get from my brawl, cuz I've a lot of new cards from other packs.

rahji

that brawl is superb! Never played the coop brawl before, neat idea!

In the pack i got an ancient of war! YES

edit: I also decided to go on the long gold grind for the LoE adventure. already got 250 gold. arena is really tempting, but I think I am not good enough to make profit.

squidyj

I feel bad for druids when I'm playing shaman.
I can flood the board with impunity and they just don't have the tools to punish me for it. Kinda sad really. Closest thing was one guy running geddon.

I didn't know that in this Brawl Mechazod destroys your entire side of the board if there's no space for him to "fly" to on your side.

...well, now I do.

Apathy

Really hate that it's so clear they set out to just make shamans overpowered as fuck this expansion.

Every design meeting must have been "ok what crazy op shit can we give shamans today"

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
That's cause Shaman was the laughingstock of this game for the longest time. Last expac was Pallies' turn to shine. Now it's Shaman's.

We WoW patch cycles now.

Haly

I'm thinking Hunter is next. They're going to all-in on control hunter next patch. They are probably sick and tired of nobody playing control hunter.

Pooya

the other thing helping shaman is that other classes lost a lot. With that gvg paladin early game, shaman wouldn't be good still. minibot and muster contest trogg and totem golem and with overload you never get back on board. Same thing still happens with zoo vs shaman to some extent but zoo minions are very weak now and shaman can brute force them out.

I'm thinking Hunter is next. They're going to all-in on control hunter next patch. They are probably sick and tired of nobody playing control hunter.

hunter is actually pretty good now, they are only weak in early game that hurts them against shaman/zoo but against everything else they are really good, lists are running doomsayer now. People are underestimating it.

Next set I think think it's priest's turn, it's just an awful class with pile of reactionary cards and the cards this set don't have any direction whatsoever. It's a mess.

Druid needs a lot of help too, they need some flexible board control tools and comeback mechanics, not more pile of stats. I suspect they'd want paladins to be able to play more than just control too.

Right now warrior is the most healthy and well rounded class and can do everything really.

fertygo

Hunter running doomsayer now, and their play from turn 3 above is hella tilting.. even Shaman is overwhelmed

Shaman own 1-4, Hunter own 3-8 (10 if they run N'zoth)

Haly

Druid needs a lot of help too, they need some flexible board control tools and comeback mechanics, not more pile of stats. I suspect they'd want paladins to be able to play more than just control too.
Nah Druid has had its turn. It's never had a bad year since the game started.

They'll probably push Divine Shieldadin next year.

Old Gods help us if Blizzard decides to give Hunters the same treatment as Shamans.
That seems silly. Hunters are good aside from their class 1 and 2 drops being weak. They just need to done down Shaman. I never felt like my Hunter cards weren't doing enough in the midgame.

Top Bottom