• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Levi

Banned
Made a disgustingly greedy wild Nzoth warrior and took it from rank 20 to rank 15 without a single loss. Only saw one secret paladin. Mostly faced Mage, both tempo and freeze (and one C'thun freeze mage-hybrid lol).

Turns out resurrecting double Belcher, double shredder is pretty good.

fertygo

Kripp on said he talking to Heartharena owner and he tell him there's card in new set that already dethrone Muster for Battle as most broken card at arena.

Its obviously Flamewreath right..

Hycran

Banned
Think things through. Sometimes a play is obvious but use your turn to plan ahead.

I think this is the overall takeaway. A lot of the time you will only have one play you can make, but the ordering of the okay can literally be the difference between a win and a loss. People have been giving really great advice. I would echo that watching streamers like trump or kibler or Kripp is also good. Analyze their plays and it will make you a better player

Tagyhag

I know Aggro Shaman is frustrating...

...But there is no more frustrating deck than Freeze Mage, you could have board control for the entire game and be healing, but you will die.

Oh and it'll take more than 15 turns every time.

It's a complete waste of your time, and I'd honestly be ok with Shaman being untouched as long as Freeze Mage dies.

Like, even if you win you're guaranteed to not have a fun match doing it.

wiibomb

guys, just a question, how viable is this Priest Basic deck for going online now? it hasn't been going good for me the couple of ones I played with it.

if any has an updated version for a basic priest deck for these days, please post it.

Pooya

got tired of zzz shaman, switched to tempo warrior, it's fun. I tried playing the pre wog version before and it was okish, wasn't too impressed but this iteration in standard is just great.

I actually don't have Malkorok, I play gorehowl instead, I often use it for just 7 to face to end the game. It's an ok replacement I think and like an extra finisher. I'm not use dust on that thing. Happy to see Varian finally having a solid place too, it's so fun playing it.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Yeah. You can HOPE to deal with this card in Constructed, but it's just game over in Arena unless you have the perfect hand.

Flamewreathed Faceless has a pretty huge target on its head, and for good reason, but I still think Call of the Wild is straight up the most powerful and OP card in the entire set. Flamewreathed just has more attention paid to it because Shaman got a whole freaking kit of insane cards this expansion and so it's way more common than Hunter right now. People would back off of Flamewreathed if it was the only OP card that Shaman got this set.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
But Call is epic, its can't made you piss your pant every winning hunter player had that card like muster

Call of the Wild being an epic doesn't diminish its strength or how broken it is. Just means you see it less.

Flamewreathed Faceless has a pretty huge target on its head, and for good reason, but I still think Call of the Wild is straight up the most powerful and OP card in the entire set. Flamewreathed just has more attention paid to it because Shaman got a whole freaking kit of insane cards this expansion and so it's way more common than Hunter right now. People would back off of Flamewreathed if it was the only OP card that Shaman got this set.
I think I agree, just because you get a turn to deal with Flamewreathed, but CotW gets amazing board presence, immediate damage, a taunt, AND it buffs anything you already have.

clav

CoW is like the card Druids wish they had back after FoN nerf.

Buffs the board.
Charge.
Summons a Taunt.

Now in Hunter.

I wonder if Thaurissan works well in Hunter now.

Turn 9/10: Unleash the Hounds + CoW combo.

Hi HearthstoneGAF!

A quick question, do you think is still "profitable" to buy both adventures or is better to spend that money on packs?

I've only bought the old gods preorder but I'm still missing some Classic cards.

This is my collection stats right now (Classic set highlighted)

Ddtt2xA.jpg

What do you guys think I should do? Or what should be my "next step"?

Thanks a lot! :D

PD: my main problem is that I never have enough cards for any hearthpwn deck I see T_T

Hi HearthstoneGAF!

A quick question, do you think is still "profitable" to buy both adventures or is better to spend that money on packs?

I've only bought the old gods preorder but I'm still missing some Classic cards.

This is my collection stats right now (Classic set highlighted)

Ddtt2xA.jpg

What do you guys think I should do? Or what should be my "next step"?

Thanks a lot! :D

PD: my main problem is that I never have enough cards for any hearthpwn deck I see T_T
Dollar for dollar, adventures are the better buy.

Compare:

Packs are $2.99 for 2 packs, but only 200g. So gold is more efficient.
Adventures are $6.99 per wing or 700g, so money is slightly more efficient.

clav

I bought BRM recently, and I don't think it was worth it aside from the first wing, which I purchased with game currency.

If you want to play a better zoo or tempo mage or some form of aggro Shaman or need card draw in a control Paladin that heals a lot, then you can buy the whole set.

Dollar for dollar, adventures are the better buy.

Compare:

Packs are $2.99 for 2 packs, but only 200g. So gold is more efficient.
Adventures are $6.99 per wing or 700g, so money is slightly more efficient.

I bought BRM recently, and I don't think it was worth it aside from the first wing, which I purchased with game currency.

If you want to play a better zoo or tempo mage or some form of aggro Shaman or need card draw in a control Paladin that heals a lot, then you can buy the whole set.

Ok, I think I'll buy both and start playing them. Maybe when I've finished both the meta is more "stable"? haha

Thanks a lot! :)

KuroNeeko

I can made midrange hunter with crafting call, but man.. does I want another damage glory deck.. another option is crafting 2 cabal, but I 2 legendary away for decent priest deck.

I few piece away from dragon priest netdeck tho, help me decide guise.

Craft what you want to play!

If you're looking at playing Priest, then I would say that two Cabals are mandatory, but recently, some people have been trimming one or two out of their lists (I still run two in everything except...N'zoth Priest maybe?)

If you're looking to rank up, then midrange Hunter is a good bet. The only epics in the deck are Call of the Wild and maybe Doomsayer if you're running them.

Priest doesn't require a lot now, maybe....the cabals are pretty important. Shaping is shaping up (hah) to be decent, but not required. None of the class legendaries are important. Rather, the legendary cost IS there depending on the variant you want to play. For normal control priest, you probably want Justicar Trueheart and Sylvanas. Dragon you'll want Ysera and maybe Chillmaw (though you can try to get by with Nefarian.) N'zoth needs N'zoth, Sylvanas, and sometimes Cairne.

As for rares, you will absolutely need two Auchenai Shadow Priests UNLESS you're only planning on playing Dragon Priest (in which case, you'll need Twilight Guardians.)

Good luck!

Priest never feels easy to play. You always feel like it's an uphill battle. Some games though, you'll utterly dominate the other player.

KuroNeeko

guys, just a question, how viable is this Priest Basic deck for going online now? it hasn't been going good for me the couple of ones I played with it.

if any has an updated version for a basic priest deck for these days, please post it.

Unfortunately, it's not very good.
You're missing Shadow Word: Death which is one of Priest's signature removal cards.

Instead, you have a Priest list that is looking to compete with minions, but most basic set minions are not strong enough to compete with non-basic minions.

If you're looking to improve the list, you should absolutely unlock SW:D, then look at getting or crafting Auchenai Soul Priest + Circle of Healing.

Other useful rares are Injured Blademaster (which works well with Circle of Healing), Wild Pyromancer (though a little less so now with 3-toughness creatures so rampant), and maybe Azure Drakes? The drakes are good in other classes as well; the blademasters...not so much.

If you don't have the adventures and are not planning on buying them, then maybe crafting Entomb (common) or Excavated Evil (rare) would be helpful. A copy of Thoughtsteal (common) might be nice but isn't necessary.

As for the basic deck, I'd look to dump the Raptors, Crocolisks, and Razorfin Hunter, and probably SSCs ASAP (few 2 drops for SSCs.)

Try to add SW: Death (basic), Holy Nova(basic), and Injured Blademaster + CoH or ASP + CoH. If you add ASP, then drop the Darkscale Healers.

fertygo

Craft what you want to play!

If you're looking at playing Priest, then I would say that two Cabals are mandatory, but recently, some people have been trimming one or two out of their lists (I still run two in everything except...N'zoth Priest maybe?)

If you're looking to rank up, then midrange Hunter is a good bet. The only epics in the deck are Call of the Wild and maybe Doomsayer if you're running them.

Priest doesn't require a lot now, maybe....the cabals are pretty important. Shaping is shaping up (hah) to be decent, but not required. None of the class legendaries are important. Rather, the legendary cost IS there depending on the variant you want to play. For normal control priest, you probably want Justicar Trueheart and Sylvanas. Dragon you'll want Ysera and maybe Chillmaw (though you can try to get by with Nefarian.) N'zoth needs N'zoth, Sylvanas, and sometimes Cairne.

As for rares, you will absolutely need two Auchenai Shadow Priests UNLESS you're only planning on playing Dragon Priest (in which case, you'll need Twilight Guardians.)

Good luck!

Priest never feels easy to play. You always feel like it's an uphill battle. Some games though, you'll utterly dominate the other player.

I can play zoolock and Shaman for laddering grind so I'm not sure want to craft tool for similar deck (Midrange Hunter)

I can craft maybe 2 epic and one legendary so N'zoth Priest still out of question because I can only craft one of Sylvanas or Justicar

I already craft 2 Guardians tho because I play somewhat incomplete Dragon Priest before

I leaning toward crafting 2 Cabal and Sylvanas but I'll wait the result of end season reward and after I exhaust TGT's pity tracker.

holy shit, i played beneath the grounds and the nerubians were literally the bottom 3 cards of his deck what the fuuuuuuck

not only that but...

on the turn in which he drew the 4th to last card in his deck, he played doomcaller. i was so incredulous that instead of playing my like 39/39 cthun i just passed my turn and his next turn he drew cthun???

ViviOggi

Kripp on said he talking to Heartharena owner and he tell him there's card in new set that already dethrone Muster for Battle as most broken card at arena.

It's Malkorok, wouldn't have guessed that one but I can see it. With it being a legendary their dataset is obviously rather small and it doesn't impact the average arena run either way.

KuroNeeko

holy shit, i played beneath the grounds and the nerubians were literally the bottom 3 cards of his deck what the fuuuuuuck

not only that but...

on the turn in which he drew the 4th to last card in his deck, he played doomcaller. i was so incredulous that instead of playing my like 39/39 cthun i just passed my turn and his next turn he drew cthun???

Shoulda been playing Beneath the Grounds x 2, mayne!

Dahbomb

It's probably Faceless. Though on paper it's actually Call of the Wild but Faceless (like Muster) is going to decide far more games.

It's just like Muster for Battle vs Dr Boom back in the day.

fertygo

It's probably Faceless. Though on paper it's actually Call of the Wild but Faceless (like Muster) is going to decide far more games.

It's just like Muster for Battle vs Dr Boom back in the day.

Its Malkorok lmao

btw how long realistically to have 10k dust?

KuroNeeko

Its Malkorok lmao

btw how long realistically to have 10k dust?

A long time.

If you don't buy any packs, you get roughly 40 dust x 2 every week. (spectator quest and brawl)

If you hit rank 5 every month, you get roughly 500 dust (gold epic and commons?)

That's about 780 dust a month on average? The actual number is probably higher. How yo use the gold you get from quests will likely increase your dust as well.

Rosenskjold

I have just the dust needed to craft this deck, so now I spent all my dust crafing malkorok, Varian, Grommash and Cairne. But I've always wanted to play a more control type of deck and never had the cards for it, so really look forward to this deck :D

I don't have LOE so I'm replacing the monkey but I'm not sure if I should go with grizzly 3/3 or squirming tentacle 2/4, both have taunt.

edit: first game and already loving planning the turns and thinking through the different options.

ViviOggi

I have just the dust needed to craft this deck, so now I spent all my dust crafing malkorok, Varian, Grommash and Cairne. But I've always wanted to play a more control type of deck and never had the cards for it, so really look forward to this deck :D

I don't have LOE so I'm replacing the monkey but I'm not sure if I should go with grizzly 3/3 or squirming tentacle 2/4, both have taunt.

It's both about the taunt and the statline, would rather play Spider Tanks than those pieces of crap

Ladekabel

Step 1: Play Sylvanas
Step 2: Keep her alive until your next turn
Step 3: Play Herald Volazj + Shadow Word: Horror
Step 4: Steal ???
Step 5: Profit

Rosenskjold

It's both about the taunt and the statline, would rather play Spider Tanks than those pieces of crap

I was just thinking that the taunt is an essential part of it, but maybe it's better to run spider tank, even though it won't stop aggro dmg from going face.

edit: I'm just loving this kind of gameplay so much, man... I wish I had, had cards, or spend the money necessary, for control decks way earlier.

ViviOggi

I was just thinking that the taunt is an essential part of it, but maybe it's better to run spider tank, even though it won't stop aggro dmg from going face.

edit: I'm just loving this kind of gameplay so much, man... I wish I had, had cards, or spend the money necessary, for control decks way earlier.
It's tough for sure, Monkey and the Tauren guy are so good because they impact the board on their own and protect your Frothing. I win a lot of games against classes like Hunter and Paladin because they simply can't reach my Frothing for multiple turns once the taunts come down. You can give Tentacle a shot and see how it compares but it's never Grizzly, just trades so poorly with basically anything.

It's not a control deck though, it's pure midrange or Hearthstone's first honest tempo deck.

Rosenskjold

It's tough for sure, Monkey and the Tauren guy are so good because they impact the board on their own and protect your Frothing. I win a lot of games against classes like Hunter and Paladin because they simply can't reach my Frothing for multiple turns once the taunts come down. You can give Tentacle a shot and see how it compares but it's never Grizzly, just trades so poorly with basically anything.

It's not a control deck though, it's pure midrange or Hearthstone's first honest tempo deck.

Are you on EU, would love to spectate some games of this deck and get to know it better :)

Xater

Sorry for late respond, here's my deck

Y3QBRFH.png

Its missing some optimal card that I don't have like Doomhammer, 2nd Manatide, and maybe 2nd Thunderbluff

Btw @Danj

its a strong deck but at very minimum you should read opponent turn too, like anticipating board clear.. put minion that not die with specific removal and all that

I have those missing cards you mention. So I guess I would replace Azure Drake with the second Manatide and Doomhammer instead of Hammer of Twilight?

Top Bottom