• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The ladder representation speaks for itself. When I say "Blizzard is going to push so and so", I don't mean if they're going to make a given class viable, but that they're going to make a class emblematic of some time-period of balance.

Mech Mage, Secret Paladin, Aggro Shaman were "pushed", and to a lesser extent all C'thun decks.

They went out of their way to make sure these decks were going to be played.

JesseZao

I'm pretty sure they nerfed the brawl, so it's a lot easier this time. Didn't the one spell destroy your biggest threat instead of just doing Mechazod's attack damage?

fertygo

Old Gods help us if Blizzard decides to give Hunters the same treatment as Shamans.

Just one viable card draw is gonna made them broke as shit

I think the new netdeck is pushing tier 1, its so damn strong.. every streamer got like 80% winrate trying them

Kodo is so good at this meta

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty air they nerfed the brawl, so it's a lot easier this time. Didn't the one spell destroy your biggest threat instead of just doing Mechazod's attack damage?

Yes it used to. This version is much easier but definitely still easy to lose if your "partner" isn't on board with the plan, or just suicides their divine shields for piddly damage instead of waiting for a huge minion swing.

I'm thinking Hunter is next. They're going to all-in on control hunter next patch. They are probably sick and tired of nobody playing control hunter.

I want to try the Yogg and Load deck. Nearly all spells except Kings Elekk and Yogg so it's an almost guaranteed draw.

As a shaman player for a year and a half I am glad shaman is having time to shine. Also am I crazy to think Draenei totemcarver is a better card than faceless? You almost always have two totems on the board as shaman, so that is at least a 6/6 for 4 with no overload penalty. Guess it is more situational obviously but the lack of overload penalty seems more appealing to me.

fertygo

you can switch Shaman 4 drop to whatever you want n you still winning

their option is sick: Blackguard defender, Master of Evolution, Draenei, or Flamewhreath

its will the most tickling nerf ever if they ever nerf Flamewreath

Infested Wolf gonna took that Dr. 4 spot doe if they nerf Mr. Seven Seven

you can switch Shaman 4 drop to whatever you want n you still winning

their option is sick: Blackguard defender, Master of Evolution, Draenei, or Flamewhreath

its will the most tickling nerf ever if they ever nerf Flamewreath

Infested Wolf gonna took that Dr. 4 spot doe if they nerf Mr. Seven Seven
Infested Wolf is so-so. If it were a 4/3 it would be great, but 3/3 with two 1/1s...I mostly like it because it practically guaranteed Ram Wrangler.

fertygo

Infested Wolf is so-so. If it were a 4/3 it would be great, but 3/3 with two 1/1s...I mostly like it because it practically guaranteed Ram wrangler
Have Beast on board is insane the leftover can buffed or being activator

And the stat is already pretty buff there's no better 4 drop than infèsted other than what shaman haď

And I like how you think guarànteéď wrangler is small think its pretty damn hàrď before wolf its single handedlý bring it to meta

Owzers

anddddddddd rank 5. Beat a renolock easily and then a totem shaman with hunter, the class that ruined my rank 5 totem shaman run over and over. Though i'm mostly running a deck i saw Mr. Yagut run except one less worm for a hunter's mark. I feel a lot of pressure at rank 6, i don't find it enjoyable. Totem shaman made a huge final turn push against my first call of the wild, two of those 5/5 taunts, hero powered a taunt, laid down a flametongue...full board. Unleash the hounds with the 2/4 guy still up :?

Dahbomb

Infested Wolf is almost Shredder quality minion. Every Hunter runs two of it, it's their Dr 4. Great Houndmaster, Huhuran and Ram Wrangler enabler. It's a card that synergizes with a lot of Hunter cards.

Though no 4 drop compares to Faceless so everything else seems meh in comparison.

Have Beast on board is insane the leftover can buffed or being activator

And the stat is already pretty buff there's no better 4 drop than infèsted other than what shaman haď

And I like how you think guarànteéď wrangler is small think its pretty damn hàrď before wolf its single handedlý bring it to meta
It can lead to trading issues.

anddddddddd rank 5. Beat a renolock easily and then a totem shaman with hunter, the class that ruined my rank 5 totem shaman run over and over. Though i'm mostly running a deck i saw Mr. Yagut run except one less worm for a hunter's mark. I feel a lot of pressure at rank 6, i don't find it enjoyable. Totem shaman made a huge final turn push against my first call of the wild, two of those 5/5 taunts, hero powered a taunt, laid down a flametongue...full board. Unleash the hounds with the 2/4 guy still up :?
Rank 6 is such stress. Especially if you lose your streak.

Infested Wolf is almost Shredder quality minion. Every Hunter runs two of it, it's their Dr 4. Great Houndmaster, Huhuran and Ram Wrangler enabler. It's a card that synergizes with a lot of Hunter cards.

Though no 4 drop compares to Faceless so everything else seems meh in comparison.
That's fair.

Mulgrok

Craft 2 sea giants

Next brawl I get a sea giant from the pack

f u bliz

EDIT: if everyone is running doomsayers I will tech in crazed alchemists.

Levi

Banned
Rank 11, full stars. Of course I get an unfavorable match up AND he's getting the god draw.

I never, ever ever get a favorable match up or even a 50/50 on a promotion match. Plus this fucker is already rank 10, it's bullshit that I have to face him when I'm at a dumpster rank and he isn't.

BabyRage!!!!

Edit: EU smarter than US confirmed. Won the brawl first try. So easy when the other player has a brain.

Edit2: Just got Hunter's Marked by a Mage. I got a sac pact from that spellslinger.

Edit3: Mage at 2, no cards, ive got two fatties for guaranteed lethal next turn. Mage top decked Yog which cleared my board of Malkorok and Grom healed the mage for 6. Brb eating my gun. You better believe when I finally got lethal I roped while spamming emotes before the killing blow. Keep that Yog garbage at rank 20 where it belongs.

Edit 4: Back at my promotion match, midrange Shaman. Flamewreathed on curve, free totem golems, bloodlust right when they need it for lethal,yada yada. At this second if I met Iksar I would punch him in the dick.

Pooya

Primal fusion is really good and best thing about it is that no one plays around it or expects it, they can't play around it really. Blessing of Kings for 1? I take it. sleeper hit of the set.

Dahbomb

Primal fusion is really good and best thing about it is that no one plays around it or expects it, they can't play around it really. Blessing of Kings for 1? I take it. sleeper hit of the set.
When I was talking about Primal Fusion I said something along the lines of "its probably the worst card Shaman got in this set but it's still damn good".

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
When I was talking about Primal Fusion I said something along the lines of "its probably the worst card Shaman got in this set but it's still damn good".

Shaman got so many amazing cards that people are cutting Fire Elemental.

Fire Elemental is getting cut.

The hell, man.

inky

Feels bad when you draft a nice deck that can go the distance and end up at like 3 wins. Then you get 7+ with whatever crappy decks.

Still can't believe the bullshit decks I saw today. Warrior with Gorehowl, then Malkorok that gave him Doomhammer. Guy who Kraken'd me 3 turns in a row, I didn't even get 1 Kraken over 7 or 8 arenas I played today!

At least got Xaril out of a pack, but I suspect that was the pity timer.

Levi

Banned
Arena really brings out the best in players.

Constructed makes me way angrier. Arena losses: just variance, plus a 50% win rate feels pretty decent.

Some fucker prevents me from ranking up with some OP bs?? My win rate is under 60%?? I want to murder someone.

clav

You know, I usually laugh but today I truly sympathize. So many bullshit decks today, and you face them at 1-2 or 2-2. It's madness.

Sometimes I rage post here, too, and some people who are also laughing have told me, "You drafted too greedy."

Constructed makes me way angrier. Arena losses: just variance, plus a 50% win rate feels pretty decent.

Some fucker prevents me from ranking up with some OP bs?? My win rate is under 60%?? I want to murder someone.

Inverse for me.

I don't have a card collection, so I usually blame my constructed losses on that.

Mulgrok

Shaman got so many amazing cards that people are cutting Fire Elemental.

Fire Elemental is getting cut.

The hell, man.

I had a very successful totem deck last season that used no fire elementals. Gotta synergize man!

Feels bad when you draft a nice deck that can go the distance and end up at like 3 wins. Then you get 7+ with whatever crappy decks.

Still can't believe the bullshit decks I saw today. Warrior with Gorehowl, then Malkorok that gave him Doomhammer. Guy who Kraken'd me 3 turns in a row, I didn't even get 1 Kraken over 7 or 8 arenas I played today!

At least got Xaril out of a pack, but I suspect that was the pity timer.

Bog Creeper was finally offered to me after 15 drafts. I faced it almost every match during those runs. Annoying to the max.

inky

Sometimes I rage post here, too, and some people who are also laughing have told me, "You drafted too greedy.".

Too greedy and too deep? ;P

I don't think I draft greedy, I could post my decks, but without showing the choices I think it's a bit of a moot discussion.

Usually the first 15 cards or so I go for card quality, then I try to round up the deck either for control, or early game or patch some holes. There are some cards that you really can't ignore sometimes.

But lately the amount of times I'm offered top cards like Bog Creeper or Kraken is 0. Let's not even talk about board clears. One run I didn't get offered a minion higher than 5, so OK, I draft low curve then I run into Mages that can control the board easily and then drop 2 Piloted Sky Golems and Dr. Boom. You just can't compete sometimes.

Bog Creeper was finally offered to me after 15 drafts. I faced it almost every match during those runs. Annoying to the max.

Exactly. I don't get those cards, yet my opponents at low wins drop 3 back to back in 15 cards. It's enough to make one go insane sometimes.

fertygo

you angry if don't get 60% winrate? lol

I'm happy enough with this

zJVFFNR.png

missplayed several game tho, could win some if I not hop into board clear or specific removal

wiibomb

can't believe last brawl I had. I had 4 useless cards in hand and my partner didn't had a single card in hand, used leeroy jenkings and a 17 Thadius, attacked and got it to 10hp, but me and my co-op partner were at 3 and 4 hp each, just a single blow and we were lost.

I pressed the end turn and I closed my eyes , all lost until I heard

"BY THE HOLY LIGHT!"

that co-op paladin somehow managed to draw an Icehowl

managed to summoned it, and we won the match.

Why do most N'Zoth rogue decks not run Journey Below? Thing is almost a guaranteed legendary, got chill maw twice and Xaril once. I guess you could just replace it with the legendary of your choice but you could end up with two Xarils or two Slyvanas in your deck.

Also strange most don't run under city huckster.

Both those cards are insane. Huckster gave me two mind controls from an Elise priest that played a golden monkey that I stole, and just now it gave me the legendary warrior that equips a random weapon. I guess most would rather have the big death rattles to come back but it's hard to pass on these. Also by turn 10 I have only played 3 or 4 death rattle minions.

This is the most fun I have had in hearthstone in some time. Losing a bit more than I did with evolution shaman, but even the losses have been down to the wire finishes.

Levi

Banned
Some of these players are dumb and wouldn't be able to win with a class that requires decision making, exhibit #321: This dummy is way head on tempo and has a full board, he could easily trade, decides to ignore my two Frothing Beserkers and sends everything to face, expecting his dumb 2/3 taunts to protect him.

Ravaging Ghoul, slam, a weapon attack and double execute gives me an easy lethal and I win a game that I had almost no chance in otherwise.

WHO IGNORES TWO FROTHING BESERKERS WHEN YOU"RE FACING A WARRIOR AND YOU HAVE AN EASY WAY TO KILL THEM BOTH WHILE PROTECTING YOUR TAUNTS?

Nu4UVHc.jpg

Feels good after dealing with Shaman bullshit all day.

Like, whats the play here?

Or what's the play here?

Oops, guess I forgot to play around Bloodlust!

And while I'm posting pictures, my EU co-op arena was bugged. My screen was dimmed the whole game, like I had my mulligan choices up or something.

fertygo

Ravaging Ghoul, slam, a weapon attack and double execute gives me an easy lethal and I win a game that I had almost no chance in otherwise.
yeah because you usually anticipate 3 removal in a turn bro

Its pretty understandable he think you not drawing your removal that made you falling tempo that much

yeah because you usually anticipate 3 removal in a turn bro

Its pretty understandable he think you not drawing your removal that made you falling tempo that much

Probably this. I wouldn't expect a warrior to be able to remove 2 taunts at 3 health from hand either. Sometimes playing around everything is a worse move to make. Setting you at 7 health was probably set up for rockbiter + doomhammer finish. Even if you did have removal, that doesn't mean you necessarily will have lethal either @ 22hp.

Levi

Banned
Probably this. I wouldn't expect a warrior to be able to remove 2 taunts at 3 health from hand either. Sometimes playing around everything is a worse move to make.

I had a War Axe equipped, so I only had to get through 1 taunt with removal from hand. Leaving a full board means double whirlwind plus any ping gives me an OTK. That's not unlikely. There are many combinations of cards I could have been holding that would have given me lethal in that situation.

I didn't even have a second whirlwind effect but the slam and the weapon attack were enough to buff my beserkers to otk range anyway.

Ignoring the Frothing was a terrible play. I don't know how I win otherwise. My Rag was hexed, my Malkorok was dead, my only bombs left were Varian and Cairne. Where do I get enough damage to win if he trades?

Levi

Banned
That Shaman salt is a WEEE BIT over the top.

I am in full on rage mode. I'll be embarrassed tomorrow but better to vent here than smash my mouse to pieces. Super frustrating to spend my whole evening trying to get to 10 and to keep missing it by inches. Frustrating to be so free against players I have zero respect for.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
its just me or Feral Spirit is the card that made Shaman so strong right now, its the one that enabling other OP card shenanigan
Yeah yeah quoting a super old post. I remember a conversation a while back where it was a super duper shitty card. "Two 2/3's for 5 mana? Crap!". This was even after Tunnel Trogg. But now it's a staple that stands between you and the important minions. Damn card. It's about as fun as a Flamewaker being behind a Mirror Image.

Speaking of Flamewaker, Tempo Mage doing good for getting back into Rank 10 after my Miracle Rogue growing pains. I started at 15 and streaked to 12 before getting unlucky with Rag.

Yogg is a true MVP staple. Clear the board, draw cards. Every. Single. Time. There's no other card that's not DOOM! that can do anything like it. If I'm super lucky, it'll even summon a board presence for me! I don't have Archmage so it has single-handedly given my Tempo Mage a late game. Spellslinger along with Cabalist Tome. Is also putting work in too. My favorite interaction so far had to be Spellslinger -> Redemption. Tome -> Effigy. Then I played those both on Turn 7. Rag on Turn 8. Extreme heartache for that poor control Warrior on Turn 9.

Top Bottom