• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Some of these players are dumb and wouldn't be able to win with a class that requires decision making, exhibit #321: This dummy is way head on tempo and has a full board, he could easily trade, decides to ignore my two Frothing Beserkers and sends everything to face, expecting his dumb 2/3 taunts to protect him.
Ravaging Ghoul, slam, a weapon attack and double execute gives me an easy lethal and I win a game that I had almost no chance in otherwise.
WHO IGNORES TWO FROTHING BESERKERS WHEN YOU"RE FACING A WARRIOR AND YOU HAVE AN EASY WAY TO KILL THEM BOTH WHILE PROTECTING YOUR TAUNTS?
Nu4UVHc.jpg

Feels good after dealing with Shaman bullshit all day.
Like, whats the play here?
Or what's the play here?
Oops, guess I forgot to play around Bloodlust!
And while I'm posting pictures, my EU co-op arena was bugged. My screen was dimmed the whole game, like I had my mulligan choices up or something.
So you had 4 cards that you had to use to get rid of 2 minion for lethal. I would have made the same play. He had two turn lethal. Taunts are for protecting yourself, not really the other way around (most of the time) imo.

Acolyte -> Armor Up

Blooodhoof -> Whirlwind. Either or really.

Can't tell what you didn't and didn't play. Did you not clear the Totem maker dude with your weapon? Yes you play around Bloodlust. It's even an archetype.

Levi

Banned
So you had 4 cards that you had to use to get rid of 2 minion for lethal. I would have made the same play. He had two turn lethal. Taunts are for protecting yourself, not really the other way around (most of the time) imo.

I had a war axe equipped. I only had to clear one taunt. The other spells were to buff my beserkers. I don't think the executes were even necessary.

Acolyte -> Armor Up

Weak turn, and mana inefficient, and my best play is a 1/4 against a 7/7? Seems fair.

Blooodhoof -> Whirlwind. Either or really.

I made this play. My Bloodhoof was then hexed.

Yes you play around Bloodlust. It's even an archetype.

I was being sarcastic. How do I play around bloodlust in that game? I was steamrolled from turn one. I don't think I had any chance to win.

Tarazet

I was being sarcastic. How do I play around bloodlust in that game? I was steamrolled from turn one. I don't think I had any chance to win.

Shaman's got a pretty high winrate against most decks if it gets on the board fast, and Tempo Warrior is no exception. That's why Doomsayer is getting so much play in the meta now... It's one of the few ways to effectively shut down their early game. Warrior has an inherent weakness in that it doesn't establish itself easily in the early turns. You have to use your control tools to keep things from getting out of hand, and that is another tool to help plug the hole.

squidyj

Damn card. It's about as fun as a Flamewaker being behind a Mirror Image.

....what a strange definition of fun you have. I recognize the sarcasm but I fail to see what is "not fun" about having a flamewaker behind a mirror image. it impedes your path to victory?

squidyj

I am in full on rage mode. I'll be embarrassed tomorrow but better to vent here than smash my mouse to pieces. Super frustrating to spend my whole evening trying to get to 10 and to keep missing it by inches. Frustrating to be so free against players I have zero respect for.

fuck you too buddy =D

This crappy dragon paladin deck I threw together at rank 10 is working well.
Random side note, I followed the Dragonfire Mage deck recipe for a quick daily and it works out a lot better than I expected. Then again, I'm only around rank 15. More surprised that deck recipes are decent once again.

Dahbomb

Flamewaker is in the same category of design garbage RNG enablers as Juggler that steal games early on. Just going to be around for a year and then good riddance. Though the card will still terrorize Brawls forever.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Pack opened Keeper of the Grove

I suppose Silence is still important and I'm not sure if it's worth calling it strictly worse than Owl or Spell breaker. Also got that Fandral synergy.

I wouldn't mind opening one in a pack since I currently have none after dusting my old ones. At least it'd be better than the 5 dust common duplicates.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
aggro/midrange shaman is probably the weakest and least dominant top deck HS has since i've started playing.
What aggro and midrange Shaman has that other power decks in the past have not had is just reliability and consistency. It's also one of the hardest power checks that the game has probably seen to date. Shaman's threatening early game has to be matched efficiently and immediately. Not only does it have the potential to do loads of damage on its own, but Shamans with board control have an excessive amount of damage they can play from hand, and it's really a challenge for most decks to wrest that control away. In many ways its reminiscent of what certain Druid decks used to do, but at a new level of early game power and with more tools to work around damage negation through things like Lava Burst and Hex.

not even flamewaker, flamewaker, coin, arcane missile turns?

Nope. It's not even always a great combo and it's not like the flamewaker is guaranteed to survive at 4hp. If it does, they had a great hand and you had a bad one. You can't sweat the matches where everything doesn't go your way. You'll have many matches where everything does.

It's also because spells tend to have smaller impacts in the early game, whereas minions have a bigger impact because of their capability of doing face damage and trading. So simply, spamming minions > spamming spells generally speaking, in the early game at least.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Is the game finally dead or what? Playing the same people over and over again, unranked

Ladekabel

"Okay, I can burst down this Jaraxxus if I draw my Auchenai. There two left and I have only 6 cards left in my deck. Otherwise I'm dead."

Draw the Sylvanas I entombed the turn before.

cHinzo

Seems that if I'm on Priest, put down minions (especially an early Lightwell) and don't trade unless I can do 6+ damage, we don't lose. Easy.
I like to mulligan hard for those coldlights and arcane golems to ramp up the paladin as a priest. 11 wins already! :D Also had a win win 5 games as priest and win 3 games as a paladin as quests, so this Brawl came at such a perfect time.

Fishlake

Got the brawl quest today and went 5-0, easy quest.

Without assassinate divine shield becomes so powerful compared to last time this brawl came up.

This is definitely one of my favorite brawls. I hope we get to see more co-ops with new decks.

Tarazet

I've been impressed with how effective mill rogue is now. Cult Apothecary and Shadowcaster really put it over the top I think. I win a lot of matches without ever attacking the enemy's face directly, just fatigue damage. It's especially strong against those greedy C'thun decks.

Its dumb as hell. Even without mad scientist its completely stupid.
Its the opposite of fun and interactive but for some reason blizz dont touch it anymore.

Freeze mage is one of the least oppressive archetypes right now and we've been over this multiple times in this thread.

Freeze mage gives you ample time to win or react while they have to hold back and sculpt the perfect hand.

Top Bottom