• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Blessing of Kings into Lorewalker Cho

My partner just played his Cho on turn 2, like what the fuck am i supposed to do with that dude.

We somehow still (barely) won, Priest and paladin have plenty of healing to eek out a win.

So after initially loving N'Zoth Rogue I started to struggle with it big time. Then I made a version with Reno Jackson and still struggled (1 of everything can be tough given Rogues removal tools). Banging my head against the wall and losing...a lot, I then decided to rework the deck and add C'Thun. I really was looking for a good Taunt option and nothing beats Twin Emp, that plus Crazed worshiper and Infested Tauren are my other taunts.

So now I got a N'Zoth, Cthun, Reno Rogue deck that has certainly stopped my losing streak, and all together is just way more fun to play. Especially when you can shadow step any of those back to your hand.

Edit: Have I mentioned how crazy Journey Below is? It has given me a legendary deathrattle nearly every time.

UT still reigns champion of broken cards ever introduced into the game. Even the original unleash the hounds, as cancerous as that was, was not undertaker.

I wouldn't complain if they nerfed tunnel trogg and/or mana wyrm's health to 2, but I'm don't think it's really necessary either.

Also, just opened the wrong 10 drop legendary... deathwing dragonlord, instead of n'zoth...

I loved the idea of journey below when it was revealed, but I haven't actually used it yet lol. I gotta fix that. Perhaps a n'zoth miracle rogue.

I have received Chillmaw, Xaril, Sylvanas, Deathwing Dragonlord, Cairne, and Anub'arak from it and at times I am literally picking between those. It is almost a better substitute for running a legendary deathrattle because it is sure to give you one and you pick the one that fits your situation.

Also don't sleep on undercity Huckster. It can yank class legendaries and high quality spells as well.

I have received Chillmaw, Xaril, Sylvanas, Deathwing Dragonlord, Cairne, and Anub'arak from it and at times I am literally picking between those. It is almost a better substitute for running a legendary deathrattle because it is sure to give you one and you pick the one that fits your situation.

Also don't sleep on undercity Huckster. It can yank class legendaries and high quality spells as well.

Huckster is a maybe. I'll probably try him out again because I very much want to like the card. Depends on how many deathrattles I put in, because he is close to last and might not be played over loot hoarder.

FeD.nL

Was trying out renounce and this was kinda a bummer. Was playing a control pally and I knew he didn't have his healing, he's on 12 and I had a fireball so I thought let's look for a fireball or some burn with Conjurer to kill him. Well...:

Can't fool the Conjurer I guess.

Dahbomb

I had a Dragonlord sitting around and I made a Nzoth Dragon Priest.

It worked better than I thought it did. Won 3 games in a row at rank 9. Two win conditions in the game to close out games. Chillmaw MVP.

I got Ysera and Nefarian twice from Dragonlord LMAO! Concede was instant.

Crosseyes

Banned
I had a Dragonlord sitting around and I made a Nzoth Dragon Priest.

It worked better than I thought it did. Won 3 games in a row at rank 9. Two win conditions in the game to close out games. Chillmaw MVP.

I got Ysera and Nefarian twice from Dragonlord LMAO! Concede was instant.
I've always wanted dragon paladin to work but can never get too far. I absolutely have lived the dream though of a free deathwing from dragonlord and it is phenomenonal.

Sylvanas, hex, and entomb have probably crushed more dreams than I've lived though.

clav

In case people missed it, Google claims Hearthstone will work on Chromebooks.

https://chrome.googleblog.com/2016/05/the-google-play-store-coming-to.html

So, we're bringing Google Play (the most popular app store in the world) to Chromebooks. This means you’ll be able to download and use Android apps, so you can make a Skype call, work with Office files and be productive offline -- or take a break with games like Minecraft, Hearthstone or Clash of Clans.

Dahbomb

I've always wanted dragon paladin to work but can never get too far. I absolutely have lived the dream though of a free deathwing from dragonlord and it is phenomenonal.

Sylvanas, hex, and entomb have probably crushed more dreams than I've lived though.
I don't run the other Deathwing though.

That deck already has enough Hex/Poly targets that you can bait them out then Deathlord. That would result in a weaker Deathrattle but it will still bring out some smaller dragons and feed into your Nzoth.

Crosseyes

Banned
I don't run the other Deathwing though.

That deck already has enough Hex/Poly targets that you can bait them out then Deathlord. That would result in a weaker Deathrattle but it will still bring out some smaller dragons and feed into your Nzoth.
I should consider lumping in N'zoth with that pally deck. Instead of going all in with deathrattle I opt for some more early game with some divine shield synergy. Turn 3 steward into turn 4 twilight drake can pretty pretty awesome. Usually the dream is crushed because the dragon decks are prone to slow starts.

Plus old deathwing is just too fun for me to keep out since I pulled him so long ago. Just an ultimate contingency plan.

God, this salty af n'zoth paladin keeps conceding vs me twice in a row now. I get slightly ahead, maybe steal his rag using sylvanas + shadowstrike, gadgetzan start comboing, this guy is out the door lol.

Got 2 sylvanas off journey below already though lol

edit:
Journey below score already
Sylvanas 3
Infested Tauren 1
Bloodmage Thalnos 1
Anubarak 1

I hate this game sometimes.... get a guy down to 7 health + 1 card in hand, ive 5 minions on the board and doomhammer. His last card 1 is only fooking Harrison Jones!!! draws 5 cards clears my board and im done.

N'zoth rogue is funny. I just beat a control priest, presumably n'zoth priest. He even managed to get anubarak off thoughtsteal minion. And I just sapped it. My two journey belows were majordomo (played and he entombed) and chillmaw (nice extra n'zoth value).

I thought I was gonna lose til I pulled off a miracle with gadgetzan, double coin, prep, sap... etc..

I hate this game sometimes.... get a guy down to 7 health + 1 card in hand, ive 5 minions on the board and doomhammer. His last card 1 is only fooking Harrison Jones!!! draws 5 cards clears my board and im done.

Life of a shaman where everyone knows your name... and by name I mean you deck, and then try to counter it.

I don't mind them having counters, but when they are down to one card / dead the next turn, i think its ok to feel a little bit jipped when that last card happens to be the only possible card for them to win the game.
It helps me to remember that:
1) They chose to put the card in their deck.
2) They had to draw it sometime.

Mulgrok

Carrion grub mvp versus all the druid and paladin at rank 9ish. Turn 4 swipe and truesilver can't deal with it, and because of that I win.

Third golden hero get! Even though the class kind of sucks at the moment I'm having a hard time pulling myself away from it, it's more difficult than ever to stabilize but if you do manage it you know your opponent has no hope of winning which is so satisfying.

fertygo

Third golden hero get! Even though the class kind of sucks at the moment I'm having a hard time pulling myself away from it, it's more difficult than ever to stabilize but if you do manage it you know your opponent has no hope of winning which is so satisfying.

what the decklist bro!

what the decklist bro!

It started off as Kibler's shadowpriest deck but then I had to make a few replacements based on my collection and standard coming in so it's quite janky but very fun when it works. Since (almost) everything is a one of it's easy to tech things in and out as desired.

Reno Shadow Priest said:
Circle of Healing
Power Word: Shield
Shadow Word: Pain
Doomsayer
Garrison commander
Museum curator
Wild Pyromancer
Shadow Word: Death
2x Shadowform (only 2 of in deck)
Thoughtsteal
Acolyte of pain
Shadow Madness
Auchenai Soulpriest
Cyclopian Horror
Elise Starseeker
Shifting Shade
Tournament Medic
Excavated Evil
Holy Nova
Darkshire Alchemist
Stampeding Kodo
Entomb
Cabal Shadow Priest
Kodorider
Reno Jackson
Sylvanas Windrunner
The Black Knight
Confessor Paletress
Mind Control

ViviOggi

You know your game is busted when half of the playerbase runs fucking DOOMSAYER in order to deal with the other half playing Shaman

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Been trying out a Rafaam warror. It's pretty good but not too different from tempo warror

Just need to figure out when to play sir finley
If you are running a slower deck with Rafaam in it I don't know that you should even be playing Sir Finley. I don't really know what a "Rafaam warrior" is right now though, because he only shows up in Tempo as a tech against control.
You know your game is busted when half of the playerbase runs fucking DOOMSAYER in order to deal with the other half playing Shaman
There are loads of classes and decks that have good to decent matchups against Shaman. Doomsayer is not even that great at stopping Shaman.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I think people are running Doomsayer now because it just doesn't get silenced anymore. People just stopped running Owl, very few decks switched over to Spellbreaker, and card quality is so high in Shaman now that they aren't running Earth Shock even though it's arguably the best silence in the game.

Dahbomb

At least before Mages had option to play Explosive Sheep, Priests could play Deathlords and Warriors could play Ghoul.

Now everyone just has to play the best anti aggro early game tool available to buy a turn to have a chance at the game.

Shaman can easily shut it down if they wanted to with more Shocks but why bother when they will follow up Doomsayer with Faceless anyway.

fertygo

Shaman can easily shut it down if they wanted to with more Shocks but why bother when they will follow up Doomsayer with Faceless anyway.

err doesn't this sound like terrible game losing play?

I most likely not gonna do this play

Example

If I pull this against Hunter, they most likely have enough to kill FF with just quickshot, and one up minion. I lose on the spot

yeahhhh this very terrible play and gonna lose me most of the time

Dahbomb

Most control decks don't have much to play on turn 3-4 anyway so after Doomsayer they just hero power and Shaman player Faceless.

Midrange Hunter Doomsayer is quite an anomaly. Hard to day if its a fad or something legit.

Even if Faceless dies you don't lose on the spot. Shaman can get back in the game and even with that overload.

clav

Played against someone who had double mind control tech in arena.

So disgusting.

I thought after one, there wouldn't be another.

Doomsayer is a way to buy 7 health for 2 mana and drawing removal and you get first stab at an empty board again. I have seen people play it on an empty board just to force the other player to stall a turn. Also it is really valuable in paladin as their main draw card is cheaper for every minion that died and since doomsayer activates at the start of your turn....So yea it has plays outside of slowing aggro.

Dahbomb

I don't think Trogg is particularly better than Mana Wyrm at just winning the game immediately with the perfect start.
I didn't think so at first but when Mana Wyrm is getting buffed up there are rarely that many minions alongside it. Usually it's just Mirror Image.

With Trogg they can put down Totem Golem, Feral Spirits and Faceless... two of which overload by two. In addition to Doomhammer which also overloads for two. Shaman can play one card and buff Trogg up by two.

I think they are roughly about the same and have the "must remove" tag on them.

Pooya

Tunnel Trogg is way stronger than Mana wyrm. Shaman is a board oriented class while mage isn't. You play minions it buffs tunnel trogg and snowball, hello undertaker. With Mana wyrm, you don't want to just burn spells to buff your mana wyrm for 1, spells are valuable, generally it's not worth it to waste a frostbolt to face to buff a mana wyrm. Trogg's downside is overload, which is not very relevant to aggro decks.

fertygo

Tempo mage not burning frostbolt tho they burning Arcane misille om turn 2

Wyrm usualĺy the one that kill Trogg face to face

Esportal gone tho so wyrm got weaker now

Trogg will just gonè with Goĺem

Ketch

so after hitting 15 with reno cthun lock, I've been messing around with some decks and dropped back down to 18, and then I made a ramp druid with innervates, wild growths, 2x darnassus aspirant, 2x mire keeper, and nourish... and then I won like 4 in a row and am right back at rank 15 again.

I feel like chromaggus (and thistle tea by extension) are underrated cards... pulling multiples of a card out of your deck feels like cheating.

Top Bottom