• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Zoggy

really disheartening when someone on your friends list is randomly spectating you. you try to talk to them about the game after your win and they just ignore, leave the spec and you see them on the sidebar opening packs.

ViviOggi

really disheartening when someone on your friends list is randomly spectating you. you try to talk to them about the game after your win and they just ignore, leave the spec and you see them on the sidebar opening packs.
It's just rude, ez friendlist purge though, I have a bunch of randoms that added me after games and whatnot and when they pull that they're gone. At least throw a quick "thx for pack" or w/e when you leave.

If it's an online friend I talk with on other occasions I don't mind it much, we all know what's up with that quest and sometimes you wanna clear your log but don't care for discussing a random match.

Heropon

Three aggro Shamans back to back while I was trying to clear a Paladin quest. I don't how I won against two of them when my starts weren't exactly good, I suppose Paladin is good at neutralizing turn 4 7/7 minions while putting pressure on board. Also first time I got to use Tirion effectively, I was already starting to regret crafting him because I don't really have a strong Paladin deck at the moment and maybe I should have used dust to craft Justicar or another neutral legendary.

scarlet

Playing ranked right now.

It's been few minutes since my enemy's last move. And I'm still waiting for my turn.

It's still his turn now. But I guess he's disconnected? The problem is the timer isn't working. It just stopped.

Should I restart my app? Am I gonna lose? I'm on my winning streak :(

zoukka

Cthun warrior seems to work pretty well. I eliminated all card draw and put in 2 brawls so control mirrors are pretty much autowins. Against aggro decks the generic cthun activators + shieldbearers are pretty reliable.

Barom geddon is amazing in standard. I don't play Grommash.

scarlet

XVZ5YTi.gif

https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS/status/733975698986172416

bjaelke

I lost :(

But there's no notification saying that I lost for reasons

Ah well

Edit: OMG same thing happened again. Is this a bug?

Yes. EU server isn't exactly stable. It is possible to reconnect if you notice it right away but by the time you wrote your post you had already disconnected.

yarden24

Hi guys!
first post in the thread, I played for like a month 2 years ago, and I started again 2 weeks ago, im stuck on rank 10 though, any advice on how to improve?

also, just opened a pack and got my 3rd Golden legendary!

Aylinato

The add me on hearthstone and I'll talk your ear off for multiple games :p

NA

It's just rude, ez friendlist purge though, I have a bunch of randoms that added me after games and whatnot and when they pull that they're gone. At least throw a quick "thx for pack" or w/e when you leave.

If it's an online friend I talk with on other occasions I don't mind it much, we all know what's up with that quest and sometimes you wanna clear your log but don't care for discussing a random match.

This mentality is so bizarre to me. I usually spectate while at work to get the pack and come back to open it 30 minutes later.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Man fuck this daily, I only have basic Mage and Shaman and keep facing mirrors with full decks, can't get my wins. Just faced a Mage who had about 8 taunts and he won by 3hp, so sad. I really fucking hate people who play those sorts of decks, is my hate for them justified?

clav

KriVAu8.png
Taunt is cheating.
KriVAu8.png

I usually try to align dailies in three batches and use a character for arena, not ladder, with a low collection. Should be able to get at least 2 wins with the crappiest deck although that is highly reliant on drafting ability.

Other than that, spend money.

Man fuck this daily, I only have basic Mage and Shaman and keep facing mirrors with full decks, can't get my wins. Just faced a Mage who had about 8 taunts and he won by 3hp, so sad. I really fucking hate people who play those sorts of decks, is my hate for them justified?
Taunts aren't even strong in this game. Unjustified overall, but at your level it's definitely frustrating - I remember.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Taunts aren't even strong in this game. Unjustified overall, but at your level it's definitely frustrating - I remember.

OK, it just feels like a really boring way to play to me, it just drags out the game whether they win or lose. Something about that turtling playstyle just really rubs me the wrong way. On the plus side I just beat a Mage who used Reno on like 4hp so I had to kill him twice, then he pulled Reno back with the panda card but luckily he didn't get to use it a second time. One more win for the daily then I can go back to my Hunter which isn't quite as terrible ;D

On a 5 win streak in the Brawl. :-O,

OK, it just feels like a really boring way to play to me, it just drags out the game whether they win or lose. Something about that turtling playstyle just really rubs me the wrong way. On the plus side I just beat a Mage who used Reno on like 4hp so I had to kill him twice, then he pulled Reno back with the panda card but luckily he didn't get to use it a second time. One more win for the daily then I can go back to my Hunter which isn't quite as terrible ;D
You weren't around for when the best taunt minion in the game was ubiquitous: Sludge Belcher. Look him up.

cHinzo

On a 5 win streak in the Brawl. :-O,

You weren't around for when the best taunt minion in the game was ubiquitous: Sludge Belcher. Look him up.
I miss Sludge Belcher. Most of the taunts nowadays are weak AF. It's also gonna be a sad day for dragon decks when they remove Blackrock Mountain from the standard mode. :/

clav

I miss Sludge Belcher. Most of the taunts nowadays are weak AF. It's also gonna be a sad day for dragon decks when they remove Blackrock Mountain from the standard mode. :/

There needs to be a substitute for an early game taunt.

Those Deathlord decks were hilarious back in the day. I remember watching Day[9] running them in a duplicate Mage deck that makes every game go to fatigue.

Now everyone runs Doomsayer for taunt replacements.

Priest is so annoying, steal this, copy that aaaaargh

As I said before, you can join the struggling team. It'll improve your understanding of the game when you play against a Priest.

fertygo

Mage with taunt annoy you lmao

wait till you face mage that made you can't attack after 4 turn

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Mage with taunt annoy you lmao

wait till you face mage that made you can't attack after 4 turn

It's just the feeling of "oh I'm going to win" *enemy plays taunt*, when this happens 8 times in a match and you end up losing by 3hp it's frustrating as hell.

I just spectated an old WoW buddy and high level play really is like a totally different game, it's insane what you're able to do with the absolute best decks and legend skill level.

fertygo

I.

I just spectated an old WoW buddy and high level play really is like a totally different game, it's insane what you're able to do with the absolute best decks and legend skill level.

Nahhhhhh man, your current hunter deck may curbstomping peep to legend after you know all card to play around at this game.

Sludge Belcher is single-handedly responsible for Owl being everywhere. Blech.

When BRM rotates out, I might go to Wild. It'll be stupid to lose so many deck archetypes.

fertygo

Sludge Belcher is single-handedly responsible for Owl being everywhere. Blech.

When BRM rotates out, I might go to Wild. It'll be stupid to lose so many deck archetypes.

Wild is so sad atm decide to take a look of it a bit, just found peep with lack of card playing dead deck like face hunter

mode will completely dead soon I think

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Nahhhhhh man, your current hunter deck may curbstomping peep to legend after you know all card to play around at this game.

That's good, I'm still trying to complete the deck but I'm out of everything. Still need 1x Heart, 2x Doomsayer, 2x Toad, 1x Freezing trap. Currently using Fiery Bat instead of Doomsayer, Raptor instead of Toad and an extra Rhino instead of the second Heart which isn't really ideal. I'm also using Fire trap instead of Freezing which I think is OK? I don't have a Freezing trap and I see some builds preferring Fire.

clav

That's not really a crazy deck. Lacking in 4 mana cards.

I lost to a deck that played 3-5 Faceless Summoners in a row.

Another is 3-5 Murloc Knights + Keeper of Uldamans.

Reno is not that good in Arena.

clav

WOOOHOO! My wife got two surveys for a dollar today, and that just bought me the last adventure! :-D Dragon Priest get!

Prepared to be disappointed.

Oh, you mean LoE? LoE is decent.

BRM is eh.

really? i though't he'd be one of the better arena legendaries

He's pretty bad because even though you recover health, you don't have board, and you're still dead.

Tried it once when it was offered.

What were your other choices for a legendary?

clav

I'd pick Justicar.

I guess don't worry about it.

A lot of times you won't even draw the card which is why sometimes goldshire footman or Murloc Tinyfin are OK choices in some situations.

im already at 2-1 so not a great start but im pretty bad at arena anyways

2/2 now, got ruined by an opponent secret... thought it was counterspell but it was effigy, which gave them coldarra drake when they had maiden of the lake on the board

Xanathus

Been playing midrange hunter a bit at high ranks and I can tell that it's very likely going to be a tier 1 deck after the next expansion. All it needs are better early game cards, the fact that people have to put in Doomsayers into some decklists shows how bad the early game cards available are.

Top Bottom