• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Owzers

I forgot there are no win streaks once you get to 5 because i usually stop climbing the ladder once i hit there. Won three in a row, give me my bonus stars!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
TIL that if you're playing Magni vs Magni, the introductions go like this.

"For Khaz Modan!"
"YEAH! FOR KHAZ MODAN!" <- Way too excited about that

Ken

TIL that if you're playing Magni vs Magni, the introductions go like this.

"For Khaz Modan!"
"YEAH! FOR KHAZ MODAN!" <- Way too excited about that

yeah i laughed when i got that the first time

I think alleria mirror she just says "i never tremble" or something

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Made it to rank five again. Kind of tempted to try and go higher this month. Tempo Warrior is just a really fun deck to play right now. Has a really quick pace to it but still feels like resource management is important, and the conditional card draw requires a lot of thought in order to really be effective. There is a careful balance that exists with damaging your own cards for draw and saving AOE clears for removals or enrage procs. It's extremely refreshing in the wake of what Warrior was in TGT and LoE, where card draw was nonexistent and the goal was to hero power over and over again while playing high value cards.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
kripps videos are being plugged on battlenet?

man blizzard must really love the promotion they get from him,

A strong community and strong personalities keep people engaged in the game. Not surprising to me that Blizzard wants to highlight the most popular players and streamers in the game.

Not sure what the first one is but don't think it's the second.

Not sure what he used exactly but he buffed all four of his dudes and I think maybe buffed his weapon? Seemed to do more, also had wind fury so he swung twice.
If all 4 dudes got big, it's Bloodlust.
If his character portrait had wind going around it and it hit hard, he used Rockbiter on Doomhammer.

The first of the two things he mentioned, Malygos, gives +5 spell damage, so spells like Lightning Bolt go from 1 mana for 3 damage to 1 mana for 8 damage, which allows for a lot of face burn in short time.

Not sure what the first one is but don't think it's the second.

Not sure what he used exactly but he buffed all four of his dudes and I think maybe buffed his weapon? Seemed to do more, also had wind fury so he swung twice.

so it was rockbiter x2 + doomhammer for 16 and then bloodlust which gives his minions 3 atk for the 14, 12 total + 2 from the two 1 attack totems

Zoggy

so i made the stupid 30 legendary deck kripp showed and queued into wild.

first game turn 1 mage plays cogmaster.

i conceded and nope'd the fuck out of there.

i'm going to wait until a few more expansions die out before i check out wild

so i made the stupid 30 legendary deck kripp showed and queued into wild.

first game turn 1 mage plays cogmaster.

i conceded and nope'd the fuck out of there.

i'm going to wait until a few more expansions die out before i check out wild

GvG decks will still be the most degenerate decks out there.

Yep that sounds right. It sucked to be on the receiving end of it but it looked fun as hell.
I find Shaman fun, personally. I still want to make Control Shaman work somehow. I have two more ideas for a deck: something that was once called Crusher Shaman and would find ways to duplicate Earth Elemental so you had like 4 on the board at once, and N'Zoth Shaman, which I doubt works better than N'Zoth Paladin since Shaman has no deathrattle cards.

I guess the game wants me to play Yogg Shaman with Hammer of Twilight? Wished it was Fandral Staghelm though.
P4QHWDu.png

Inversive

I'm so tired of playing against shaman scum, they are pretty much 60% of my games. Can't remember the last time I saw a paladin, probably because all the shitlords who used the secret deck are playing shaman now. The lack of creativity in the playerbase is ASTOUNDING!

KuroNeeko

#FOREVERRANK11

6jUKrHF.jpg

So I'm going to keep playing, will play until I have zero stars and I'll have to stop before the combination of rage and my hypertension kills me, and then I'll play again tomorrow until I get back to full stars, and then I'll start losing again... the endless cycle.

Yeah, I'm hovering around 13 using N'zoth Priest and Yogg-stone Mage....lol

Ken

Why is yogg saron somehow always killing himself :lol:

My yoggs usually pull the "enemy minion" cards first to clear their board (yay) and then gets into "minions" cards with only my board as targets (boo). Sometimes he'll buff himself to like 30/30 before suiciding too, or giving me a full board and then Twisting Nether it all away.

Ladekabel

Damn, I can't get past Rank 13 this season. I always face C'Thun Druids who have disgustingly good luck against me.

And I've been thinking about Shadow Word: Horror. It's almost good with the targets it can hit. Knife Juggeler, Imp Gang Boss, Northshire Cleric, Doomsayer, Bloodhoof Brave, Vanilla Mana Wyrm, Vanilla Tunnel Trogg, Feral Spirits, all Totems except Totem Golem and Brann on the top of my mind.

KuroNeeko

Damn, I can't get past Rank 13 this season. I always face C'Thun Druids who have disgustingly good luck against me.

And I've been thinking about Shadow Word: Horror. It's almost good with the targets it can hit. Knife Juggeler, Imp Gang Boss, Northshire Cleric, Doomsayer, Bloodhoof Brave, Vanilla Mana Wyrm, Vanilla Tunnel Trogg, Feral Spirits, all Totems except Totem Golem and Brann on the top of my mind.

I tried SW: Horror for a bit and it was not good.

You often struggle against aggro Shaman, and SW: Horror does NOTHING to help you (except maybe take out a feral spirit.)

I dooooon't know, mayne...

Ladekabel

I tried SW: Horror for a bit and it was not good.

You often struggle against aggro Shaman, and SW: Horror does NOTHING to help you (except maybe take out a feral spirit.)

I dooooon't know, mayne...

I said almost.

But with a few exceptions of Excavated Evil I feel the same about every other "board clear" Priest has. Most of the time Nova or Evil are 1 damage short and Horror doesn't remove the biggest threats. Oh Lightbomb, where art thou?

Priest still has some of the best board clear capabilities, yet still complain about light bomb missing...

Wild pyro is still uniquely good in priest.

Excavated evil, 3 damage aoe for 4 is really good.

Circle of healing can be turned into 4 damage aoe for 2-4 mana.

jgminto

Priest still has some of the best board clear capabilities, yet still complain about light bomb missing...

3 damage aoe for 4 would be really good, EE isn't that though and against agreessive decks the game can easily be decided before you play it on turn 5. The bigger problem is that priest can't clear a midrange board like Warrior or Paladin (who have the superior Pyro use) can. Lightbomb was a great tool against Midrange just as Brawl is for Warrior but now Priest can do very little against a board of high statted minions that you'll see from Shaman and Hunter. Of the three big control classes in Standard, Priest is easily behind Warrior and Paladin as board clears go.

Ladekabel

EE is the board clear that you want use as prìest and wild pyro combo

They did fix EE+Pyro though.

EE is 5 mana. CoH plus Auchenai/Embrace is good but in my experience you won't get it if you need it. Pyro is alright.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Redid my Mage deck and now I've gone from rank 18 to rank 10. Still climbing too.

Only card I don't have that I would like is the 5 mana 3/6 c'thun card for this deck.

My biggest problem is still fast aggro. I can handle shaman OK. Hunter owns me if he gets the jump on me cause I don't have good early card draws.

Yeah, EE 3 damage for 5 mana is still really good. It's also often a dead draw when your opponent gets it from their deck.

Priest really doesn't lack AOE. And I am glad that AOE as good as lightbomb is gone from the standard rotation. Priest still remains as pretty much the best AOE capable class in the game, despite even equality existing.

fertygo

Priest really doesn't lack AOE. And I am glad that AOE as good as lightbomb is gone from the standard rotation. Priest still remains as pretty much the best AOE capable class in the game, despite even equality existing.
This is BS tho lol

Paladin and Warlock had superior board clear. Shit shaman is better too

Priest will cry for Enter the Colliseum and pally not even use it

Wild Pyro is solid, but right now the game is focused on sturdy minions. Most classes are dropping X/3s early on, which means you need a really specific hand to make the Wild Pyro work.

Excavated Evil caps out at 3 damage on turn 5, and I've died many times by turn 4 to Mages and Shaman.

Circle of Healing is fantastic with Auchenai, but that's a turn 4 play, and I'd say you only get the combo by the time you need it 1/3 the time.

The fact is that Priest just lacks opening options. There needs to be a good 1-drop or 2-drop. Deathlord was pushing it before, and there are plenty of matches where I tore through that guy because I already had the board to take him down pre-Standard and gained an overwhelming advantage through him pulling a Savannah Highmane or Piloted Shredder.

Priest has the best late game, but Blizzard can't balance that with zero early game options. The only thing out there is dragons, which is why I'm going for that.

Yeah, EE 3 damage for 5 mana is still really good. It's also often a dead draw when your opponent gets it from their deck.

Classes with better board clears than Priest:
Paladin
Mage
Shaman
Warlock
Warrior

Levi

Banned
The game gave me a Warlock 5 win quest, and then this is the pack I open that same day:

WgM18PD.png

I guess I'm playing some zoo!

KuroNeeko

I used to think I liked Rogue. I played Mech Rogue, Pirate Rogue, and some Oil.

But if Miracle is the Rogue standard, then I'm done with that class. Rank 10-13 is just mindless aggro shaman and dumb miracle rogue.

Time to start playing Patron, I guess.

The "funny" thing is that before Whispers, my three favorite classes were Priest, Rogue, and Shaman in the order. Now that two of them have become tier one, I don't want anything to do with them. I guess super efficient, tier one lists just aren't that much fun.

Top Bottom