• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Apathy

seriously fuck everything about shamans, fuck them in the ass, i fucking hate that class and the bullshit of them being able to evolve shit. Not even close to fair

Rosenskjold

seriously fuck everything about shamans, fuck them in the ass, i fucking hate that class and the bullshit of them being able to evolve shit. Not even close to fair

Yup came to post this basically. Playing against shaman right now is like one long struggle to win the game. It's like every single card beats yours, so you either have to be lucky or hope they misplay :/

Dahbomb

Been playing midrange hunter a bit at high ranks and I can tell that it's very likely going to be a tier 1 deck after the next expansion. All it needs are better early game cards, the fact that people have to put in Doomsayers into some decklists shows how bad the early game cards available are.
Yeah that's what I said week one of the expansion.

I experimented with Firebats, Huge Toads, Hyenas, Jugglers, King Elekk, Flame Jugglers, Bear Trap. Nothing really had that oomph and it seemed I was playing from behind until turn 3. I guess the rest of the players came to the same conclusion and started using Doomsayer.

Dahbomb

I don't think the community will survive if Priests are the best in the game.

That's the only class that has never been number #1 in the game, even when MC was 8 mana.

Druid had Combo
Rogue had OG Miracle
Paladin had Secret MC
Mage has OG Freeze Burn where Pyro was less mana as we're the Freeze spells
Warriors had OG Grom Patron
Shaman have the current meta
Warlock had OG Handlock/Zoolock
Hunter had Undertaker and Sunshine

Apathy

That's the only class that has never been number #1 in the game, even when MC was 8 mana.

Druid had Combo
Rogue had OG Miracle
Paladin had Secret MC

I would rather live in a world where priest were the top than any world where shaman are the top.

Shamans at the top are bullshit because it doesn't matter if they are face, evolve, control, it all revolves around stupid bullshit. Oh hey want a full board buff + heal, you got it for 1, you want to evolve just 1 super big minion into another one and have a yeti, go for it, oh and lets not forget the bullshit that is doomhammer + rockbiter. Early game, mid game, late game, it's ridiculous right now and we have to suffer from this for another 2 years, fuck that.

JesseZao

Druid had Combo
Rogue had OG Miracle
Paladin had Secret MC

And here I am playing almost nothing but Volazj Priest since OG release.

Apathy

blizzard should not into an expansion with the intent to boost 1 class over the others. They need to make cards and see where shit lands. It's stupid that they had full intentions to fuck over every other class with giving shamans all the bullshit they did.

inky

blizzard should not into an expansion with the intent to boost 1 class over the others. They need to make cards and see where shit lands. It's stupid that they had full intentions to fuck over every other class with giving shamans all the bullshit they did.

The last time they did that we got Murloc Shaman. It used to be my favorite class up until that point.

They probably felt they owed it to Shaman players or something.

I would rather live in a world where priest were the top than any world where shaman are the top.

Shamans at the top are bullshit because it doesn't matter if they are face, evolve, control, it all revolves around stupid bullshit. Oh hey want a full board buff + heal, you got it for 1, you want to evolve just 1 super big minion into another one and have a yeti, go for it, oh and lets not forget the bullshit that is doomhammer + rockbiter. Early game, mid game, late game, it's ridiculous right now and we have to suffer from this for another 2 years, fuck that.

Evolve isn't even a good card and is barely run. Master of Evolution is being cut in a lot of lists because of it's unreliability. Hardly two cards worth complaining about.

I don't get this "Shaman is broken" stuff. Sure, aggro Shaman is overtuned because of how Hearthstone is designed, but that's about it. Midrange is good right now but probably not even a tier 1 deck in my opinion. Control Shaman is as bad as it's ever been against anything not N'Zoth.

Just don't get why people go off the deep end about a class that probably isn't even as strong now as Paladin was 3-4 months ago.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Even still I find Priest to be a more frustrating matchup than Shaman. Shaman has a number of matchups that aren't that great for it. I would be surprised if it was considered to be the absolute top deck for the entire expansion.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum

Druid had Combo
Rogue had OG Miracle
Paladin had Secret MC

Not correct, way back in beta when MC was 8 mana priest was king. See the first blizzcon tourny, the one where kripp lost in the finals to leper gnome.

Dahbomb

Not correct, way back in beta when MC was 8 mana priest was king. See the first blizzcon tourny, the one where kripp lost in the finals to leper gnome.
Nah Priest wasn't even the best back then. That was back when Freeze Mage had 5 mana Blizzards, 3 Mana Cone of Cold, 2 mana Frost Nova and 8 mana Pyroblast.

And yeah I saw that tournament live. Priest was probably still tier 1 but OG Handlock, OG Freeze Mage, OG Miracoli.. all too much for that Priest.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I recall cards were evaluated based on whether they hit the magic 4 that rendered them resistant to Priest removal.

It was around when Argent Commander was considered OP at 4/3 and nerfed.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Nah Priest wasn't even the best back then. That was back when Freeze Mage had 5 mana Blizzards, 3 Mana Cone of Cold, 2 mana Frost Nova and 8 mana Pyroblast.

And yeah I saw that tournament live.

Freeze mage wasn't even a deck yet. Reckful brought the first iteration of that deck that anyone had seen to the tournament and it was less than refined.

I recall cards were evaluated based on whether they hit the magic 4 that rendered them resistant to Priest removal.

It was around when Argent Commander was considered OP at 4/3 and nerfed.

And yeah exactly this, cards were good if priest couldn't remove them due to the 4 attack.

Dahbomb

Freeze mage wasn't even a deck yet. Reckful brought the first iteration of that deck that anyone had seen to the tournament and it was less than refined.
That tells you how powerful Freeze Mage was back then when it finished game by turn 8/9 when it just stalled with cheap freezes and then burned you down with double Fireballs double Pyroblast (cheap).

A lot of stuff that worked in that tournament didn't work right after because game was still new. Once people refined Handlock, Freeze Mage etc. Priest was done for even with 8 mana MC. Of course then they nerfed MC and Priest was done for after that but they nerfed half of that Freeze Mage yet it still carried on with business as usual (same with other classes).

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
That tells you how powerful Freeze Mage was back then when it finished game by turn 8/9 when it just stalled with cheap freezes and then burned you down with double Fireballs double Pyroblast (cheap).

A lot of stuff that worked in that tournament didn't work right after because game was still new. Once people refined Handlock, Freeze Mage etc. Priest was done for even with 8 mana MC. Of course then they nerfed MC and Priest was done for after that but they nerfed half of that Freeze Mage yet it still carried on with business as usual (same with other classes).

I guess you weren't playing the game then?

Rosenskjold

Look at this shit. Trying to get past rank 10 and it's just constant shamans with one lame win after another, latest iteration

nBD0sZ9.jpg

Lightning bolt in hand? Of course. He was spamming the "that's incredible" emote all game long because I kept winning board control and then this...

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
These casters thinking Heroic Strike gives the attack bonus to both Arcanite Reaper swings...wow.

Levi

Banned
Chakki with the role-playing.

I hate his line-up (smOrc decks are boring as shit to watch) but at least he's having fun.

Dahbomb

These casters thinking Heroic Strike gives the attack bonus to both Arcanite Reaper swings...wow.
Their math was still right, it's still 14 damage over two turns.

Otherwise it would be 18 damage.

LMAO @ Chakki dressing up as a pirate with the rusty hook and BMing like the aggro player he is at heart!.

Apathy

ever since the archon cup, chakki has won me over. Hes good at commentary, makes fun decks, is funny (his pirate hook, lol). I'm glad hes getting more exposure

Complistic

I made a deck that included 30 out of my 31 legendaries w/ warrior just for fun.

I've won 2 out of 3 games lol.

Varian MVP. Nothing beats playing 40 mana in one turn.

Dahbomb

Ahahahahahahahahaha Chakki with the turn 3 win with the Violet Teacher Druid dream.

We thought the Rogue would get farmed but it's the Hunter that is getting farmed.

Instead Chakki's Aggro Shaman gets farmed.

Really don't like Nerubian Prophet and Master in that deck, you want faster minions than that in the deck if you are playing Face Shaman.

Ashodin

fucking arena

mage near death

guy pulls out of his ass a rafaam from the portal

proceeds to make zombies and win the game

the fuck man

Top Bottom