• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
So when is Leeroy Jenkins getting his next nerf? Miracle Rogue is one thing. But I just did 24 Burst to this mid-range shaman. Everything drew into my hand in the first few turns, one Thaurissan tick and a turn later, 8 Mana 24 Damage combo. Dude had the board controls with a few 7 mana minions and everything too. It almost just... did not feel good. Felt like cheating. We all know how much Blizzard hates charge now too.

too bad bliz removed the sorry emote eh???
The other guy said "That's incredible!". So that's why I'm still playing it...
They're waiting for Thaur to rotate.
Yup, they won't be nerfing it, their response will just be "wait till it rotates"
Death to Freeze Mage too then I guess.

So when is Leeroy Jenkins getting his next nerf? Miracle Rogue is one thing. But I just did 24 Burst to this mid-range shaman. Everything drew into my hand in the first few turns, one Thaurissan tick and a turn later, 8 Mana 24 Damage combo. Dude had the board controls with a few 7 mana minions and everything too. It almost just... did not feel good. Felt like cheating. We all know how much Blizzard hates charge now too.

too bad bliz removed the sorry emote eh???

scarlet

Nothing's worse than losing to bad connection.

Why don't people use reckless rocketeer to replace Leroy if they don't have him?

Shamanstone?
Basically. Everything else is either an old goodie (Zoolock, Freeze Mage, Miracle Rogue) or a N'Zoth deck. There's been talk about Tempo Warrior, but I still haven't fought one, so I won't comment on its strength. I believe it got banned at today's tournament, so there must be something good there.

jgminto

Nothing's worse than losing to bad connection.

Why don't people use reckless rocketeer to replace Leroy if they don't have him?

The one mana difference is pretty big. For Warlock, you'd need to hit two combo pieces instead of one with Thaurissan to play it at ten mana and you can't play Rocketeer/Faceless without a buff like you can with Leeroy. Warrior that runs Leeroy would also require Thaurissan if they used Rocketeer. The higher mana cost makes it clunkier to combo with spells in Rogue and it would probably be better to play the Southsea Deckhand variant of Miracle if you don't have Leeroy.

scarlet

So Shaman got Innervate now? lol

https://tempostorm.com/hearthstone/decks/aggro-shaman-standard-meta-snapshot-may-18-2016

Looks similar to the older aggro shaman =/

Isn't that druid only?

The one mana difference is pretty big. For Warlock, you'd need to hit two combo pieces instead of one with Thaurissan to play it at ten mana and you can't play Rocketeer/Faceless without a buff like you can with Leeroy. Warrior that runs Leeroy would also require Thaurissan if they used Rocketeer. The higher mana cost makes it clunkier to combo with spells in Rogue and it would probably be better to play the Southsea Deckhand variant of Miracle if you don't have Leeroy.

Thanks. Yeah I think it'd be that 1 mana difference too.

Cat Party

For all the talk pre-release about how good Cho'gall was, it occurred to me today that I have never seen one played. That's gotta be the card the community overrated the most.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I keep seeing these Priests run Forbidden Shaping and I don't get it. Seems like every time I see it the Priest just holds it for a random 8 drop. If you always hold it for 8 mana why even play the card?

For all the talk pre-release about how good Cho'gall was, it occurred to me today that I have never seen one played. That's gotta be the card the community overrated the most.

I told you guys!

Apathy

I'm surprised it didn't find a home in reno. But yeah, even I was guilty of thinking that card would be great for locks

jgminto

I said when it was first revealed that it probably would have been good enough if all spells were effected that turn but the effect just isn't consistent enough otherwise. Maybe if Warlock gets better high cost spells that don't ruin your board in the future, but if you have to play your Siphon Soul before you draw Cho'gall you basically just put a War Golem in your deck.

squidyj

Basically. Everything else is either an old goodie (Zoolock, Freeze Mage, Miracle Rogue) or a N'Zoth deck. There's been talk about Tempo Warrior, but I still haven't fought one, so I won't comment on its strength. I believe it got banned at today's tournament, so there must be something good there.

what rank are you? saw plenty of tempo warriors when I was rank 5-4, they've fallen off a bit now that I'm pushing on 2.

fertygo

Chogall not played because no one played slower lock that not Reno, lack of healing make it hard.. only 1 spell per each made it hard to get use from Chogall

Won't surprised if someday he enter the meta like Varian tho, still 2 year in-between!

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
It's surprisingly easy for a new player to dismiss the possibility of poor play and assume that it is the quality of cards your opponent has that causes losses.

But it is really hard for me to figure out what it is I'm doing wrong. Playing Shengs basic no dust paladin deck. Put down minions on the first three turns. Sometimes it gives me board control and sometimes they wipe me out and have my health well on its way down. It feels random and not in my control whether or not i do well.

I know it isn't random, and I'm going to go back over Trump's beginner videos. But it is tough not to resort to the idea that if i just had more cards i would be better.

I did buy LOE, but i don't really know where to fit those cards into my decks when i lack so many classic cards.

squidyj

you said you got the whole LoE?

Keeper of Uldaman is a damn good card for turning small dudes medium or turning your opponents huge minions into something far more manageable. I don't know what the decklist is exactly so I don't know what you'd want to cut for them but they should be able to do some work.

Depending on the number and purpose of battlecries in your deck you might also want to slot in brann bronzebeard.

jgminto

You could try recording your games and reviewing them for misplays that aren't obvious in the moment. Obviously that won't help when your opponent has a godhand but in closer games it might be useful.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
you said you got the whole LoE?

Keeper of Uldaman is a damn good card for turning small dudes medium or turning your opponents huge minions into something far more manageable. I don't know what the decklist is exactly so I don't know what you'd want to cut for them but they should be able to do some work.

Depending on the number and purpose of battlecries in your deck you might also want to slot in brann bronzebeard.

Thanks for the tip, I'll look into those cards.

It's surprisingly easy for a new player to dismiss the possibility of poor play and assume that it is the quality of cards your opponent has that causes losses.

But it is really hard for me to figure out what it is I'm doing wrong. Playing Shengs basic no dust paladin deck. Put down minions on the first three turns. Sometimes it gives me board control and sometimes they wipe me out and have my health well on its way down. It feels random and not in my control whether or not i do well.

I know it isn't random, and I'm going to go back over Trump's beginner videos. But it is tough not to resort to the idea that if i just had more cards i would be better.

I did buy LOE, but i don't really know where to fit those cards into my decks when i lack so many classic cards.

A big part of success in constructed is understanding what your opponent is playing. Maybe you don't have the cards to play the top netdecks, but it is still very much worth your time to look up the top meta decks and check some videos on how they are played, so you can better play around them.

At lower ranks where people just run whatever sometimes, yeah it can feel kinda random though. That feeling can be overcome with experience, and just better understanding the cards in the game. I played a lot of Arena just to get used to all of the cards in the game, I still recommend it even if you can only win 2-3 games.

Zoggy

add me zoggy #1207,

i suck at the game but i'll watch you and give you suggestions

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
If you're trying to climb ladder past rank 17-18 with a no dust list, don't expect much.

Where's the deck?

https://manacrystals.com/deck_guides/73-sheng-s-starter-basic-token-paladin-0-dust

I'm not necessarily expecting much, and if it is a case where the deck just can't get past a certain rank i can deal with that i suppose. I just couldn't tell what i was doing wrong when things were going super bad early. And i don't want to assume it is just the cards because I'm guessing someone who is way better than me could do better than i was doing.

what rank are you? saw plenty of tempo warriors when I was rank 5-4, they've fallen off a bit now that I'm pushing on 2.
I was rank 5, but I've fallen to rank 7 trying to make Dragon Priest work. -_- No tempo warriors on the journey up or down, though.

The bolded is not untrue.

Apathy

Just post the deck, we can tell you where to add cards, but yeah, keeper should 100% be in your paladin deck. specially with so many flamewreaths and huge cthuns going around

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I was rank 5, but I've fallen to rank 7 trying to make Dragon Priest work. -_- No tempo warriors on the journey up or down, though.
Really surprised. Tempo Warrior is probably the second most popular deck in my experience around that range.

bjaelke

I would ban Priest. They may not be good vs fast decks but they still have more than enough tools (I.e. Entomb) to do very well vs control decks.
xDhWfr4.png

Apathy

love late night ladder but sometimes you gotta know when to call it quits. Had a fatigue game vs a reno, cthun, monkey warrior, and I didn't realize it was reno till he actually played reno, cause I am falling asleep.

I won in the end, but reno was just a surprise.

clav

https://manacrystals.com/deck_guides/73-sheng-s-starter-basic-token-paladin-0-dust

I'm not necessarily expecting much, and if it is a case where the deck just can't get past a certain rank i can deal with that i suppose. I just couldn't tell what i was doing wrong when things were going super bad early. And i don't want to assume it is just the cards because I'm guessing someone who is way better than me could do better than i was doing.

Hmm. This will be a fun experiment.

So you only have LoE?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Losing to control priest/c'thun druid as tempo warrior

cry.gif

Top Bottom