• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

bunbun777

Got to rank 6 mostly with tempo warrior. Played a little mid range hunter, and my favorite, yogg mage. Three times today I've got to where my next game will be a win streak to rank 5 but then the rug gets pulled out from under. Really liking warrior, made a gold malkorok. Actually all cards are gold except varian and cairne.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Reynad just erased all doubt that he deliberately plays up his poor RNG luck for YouTube hits. I already suspected as much but the latest Salty Sunday clip that TempoStorm put up just clinched it. He is staring at a 50/50 Rag play and literally concedes before even playing it out.

Not going to be a sucker for this shit anymore.

Levi

Banned
Say Warrior player too, like what you guys bad matchup

I'm doing poorly (sub 50%) against Priest. Midrange shaman. Midrange hunter. Control warrior.

My best match ups are mage, zoo, aggro shaman, rogue and paladin. Not seeing many of those anymore, though.

Its all shaman and hunter lately.

If I had more time to play early this season when zoo, pally and rogue were prevalent, maybe I'd be higher ranked. Sadly, the meta shifted.

ViviOggi

Competitive meta is so much more diverse and interesting (to me) than ladder right now it's not even funny. Say what you want about the ladder system, the key issue is that that ruleset is straight up unavailable to the regular player. After over two years it's time for a proper bo3 ladder.

Dahbomb

Competitive meta is so much more diverse and interesting (to me) than ladder right now it's not even funny. Say what you want about the ladder system, the key issue is that that ruleset is straight up unavailable to the regular player. After over two years it's time for a proper bo3 ladder.
Well of course it's more diverse and interesting when you have to bring in 4 decks and you can ban one. A lot of strategy and decision goes into managing all of that even before a game is played out.

Ladder just rewards using the most efficient single deck.

ViviOggi

Well of course it's more diverse and interesting when you have to bring in 4 decks and you can ban one. A lot of strategy and decision goes into managing all of that even before a game is played out.

Ladder just rewards using the most efficient single deck.
Yeah that's what I'm saying. In any other game you're just a few clicks away from playing with the professional ruleset or at worst a slightly more limited version of it. Even custom tournament modes have been a common feature for decades, meanwhile HS keeps pushing and funding the competitive angle a lot when it's almost a different game from what's available to the actual playerbase.

squidyj

why the fuck that face shaman giving of lethal lmao

13 health with 6 on board and a ton of burn in your deck that you can pick up next turn with life tap.

6 on board, a knife juggler being part of that, play an abusive/dwarf and that's as much as 9, your opponent has been holding a card all game, what if it's PO? 9 + 4 = 13.

You're guessing what's in your opponents hand and there's a card he either couldn't or wouldn't play which means it's 100% a giant or a damage source. if it's a damage source you risk losing on the spot. you run a bunch of damage in your deck and you can get 2 draws to find it.

if you guess that the card is damage and you're wrong you lose some of the time, if you guess giant and you're wrong you lose a lot more of the time.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
You could tell from the video deerjason was trying his hardest to believe in the heart of the cards and it paid off for him at the end of that game 5 aggro shaman v aggro shaman with those amazing top decks.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah that's what I'm saying. In any other game you're just a few clicks away from playing with the professional ruleset or at worst a slightly more limited version of it. Even custom tournament modes have been a common feature for decades, meanwhile HS keeps pushing and funding the competitive angle a lot when it's almost a different game from what's available to the actual playerbase.

This bugs me with so many game, fighters especially. Make ranking actually mean a damn so you can't just one and done through everything.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
How perfect would it be for the quad aggro lineup winning the entire tournament.

fuzzyset

They should really implement a start-when-full always available tourny system like basically every other digital CCG. 3-4 decks, wait for 8 people, 100 or so gold. It'd be such a great way to play the game.

Zoggy

He might go 0-3 with this beast Druid. It sucks lol.

If he wanted 4 aggro decks this is not one of the top 4 lol. Hunter, divine shield pally or tempo Mage?

Papercuts

Oh wow, Duane has double giant + double drake and still was able to turn 6 reno which he needed, that's hilarious.

Apathy

Oh wow, Duane has double giant + double drake and still was able to turn 6 reno which he needed, that's hilarious.

The fact that he was able to mulligan and get one of the giants and one of the drakes (yeah it was in his opening but still) in hand at the start makes me believe hes some sort of warlock .... XD

Apathy

Man, what I would do for an option to check off 1 class to not get paired against, so I never had to see shamans till this shit got rotated out

Tarazet

Man, what I would do for an option to check off 1 class to not get paired against, so I never had to see shamans till this shit got rotated out

I would pick Priest every day of every week. I don't care if they are supposedly shit tier, I don't want to see that smarmy asshole ever again.

Pooya

one of the Blizzard designer commented on tournament mode in the game a few days ago. https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/4jpt2z/a_tournament_mode_would_be_amazing/d393e8f

one thing that stands out here is that it's important (to him at least) to keep the required session time low and that's understandable, this is a casual game in core, you can't expect people to sit and play bo3 for one hour straight.

The closest thing we could get is something like arena for constructed like he suggests.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
People should have the choice of how long they spend on the game.

If they have to dissuade newbies from getting put off by tournament mode then they can gold gate it but also give it gold rewards.

Papercuts

Imagine the high level strats.

Everyone bans shaman so the shaman players can never find a match, so you actually think ahead and ban another class instead.

Apathy

Imagine the high level strats.

Everyone bans shaman so the shaman players can never find a match, so you actually think ahead and ban another class instead.

unless shamans are banning shamans as well. Besides a class would never be banned 100% of the time because they are people with classes and decks that are favorable vs shaman that wont ban them or people that hate priest more and ban priest so they will still face shamans

Levi

Banned
I would ban Priest. They may not be good vs fast decks but they still have more than enough tools (I.e. Entomb) to do very well vs control decks.

Apathy

Oh i missed the control vs aggro debate. Please. Play aggro paladin and tell me that requires any amount of brain. It's spit your whole hand and go face

Oh i missed the control vs aggro debate. Please. Play aggro paladin and tell me that requires any amount of brain. It's spit your whole hand and go face

Nope. Even as aggro paladin you one consideration you have is whether you play around AOEs or play fast to get high divine favor value.

And then what about mirror matches against other aggro decks? You'll lose often if you always go face and divine favor won't bail you out of poor choices.

Apathy

Nope. Even as aggro paladin you one consideration you have is whether you play around AOEs or play fast to get high divine favor value.

And then what about mirror matches against other aggro decks? You'll lose often if you always go face and divine favor won't bail you out of poor choices.

riiiiight. you know just because you say nope doesn't make it true.

I just faced a aggro paladin, all face, he didnt care, just flood the board, because your opponent only has so many clears

riiiiight. you know just because you say nope doesn't make it true.

I just faced a aggro paladin, all face, he didnt care, just flood the board, because your opponent only has so many clears

I explained where aggro paladin has to make a decision other than going face. I didn't just say nope and leave it at that.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Its just the good old scummy tempo mage
I know I've asked before but what's the hate for Tempo Mage again? Flamewaker doing 15 damage suck yes. But is that the chief complaint? Secrets are gone. Flamecannon is gone. RNGPortal is gone. Hell, the newer Tempo Mage actually runs more minions. It'll all be over next year anyway. Except for the whole Cabalist Tome thing. God I love that card. Even if it does give me Shatter WAY too often.

Just ran into a Control N'zoth Shaman. So... #NotAllShaman?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Would love to see this 4 deck line up that beats Shaman.

Tempostorm says Zoolock, N'Zoth Paladin, Tempo Mage, Control Warrior and I at least agree on Zoolock and N'Zoth paladin, especially if the paladin is teched with things like refreshment vendor and farseer and Senjin to maximize early game survivability.

I don't have experience with the other matchups to comment on those.

Dahbomb

Tempostorm says Zoolock, N'Zoth Paladin, Tempo Mage, Control Warrior and I at least agree on Zoolock and N'Zoth paladin, especially if the paladin is teched with things like refreshment vendor and farseer and Senjin to maximize early game survivability.

I don't have experience with the other matchups to comment on those.
Nzoth Paladin and CW only do well against Aggro Shaman, not against Midrange Shaman.

Midrange Shaman can easily beat both Nzoth Paladin and CW. And IMO that's the more consistent Shaman deck as it has the fewest bad match ups.

Out of those decks listed, Zoolock has the best chance but a Midrange Shaman with Lightning Storm can steal away wins pretty easily from Zoolock with the appropriate draws.

fertygo

I know I've asked before but what's the hate for Tempo Mage again? Flamewaker doing 15 damage suck yes. But is that the chief complaint? Secrets are gone. Flamecannon is gone. RNGPortal is gone. Hell, the newer Tempo Mage actually runs more minions. It'll all be over next year anyway. Except for the whole Cabalist Tome thing. God I love that card. Even if it does give me Shatter WAY too often.

Just ran into a Control N'zoth Shaman. So... #NotAllShaman?

Its exaggeration, deck is a lot weaker now.. but losing to them in snowball fashion still frustating but yeahh..
Nzoth Paladin and CW only do well against Aggro Shaman, not against Midrange Shaman.

Midrange Shaman can easily beat both Nzoth Paladin and CW. And IMO that's the more consistent Shaman deck as it has the fewest bad match ups.

Out of those decks listed, Zoolock has the best chance but a Midrange Shaman with Lightning Storm can steal away wins pretty easily from Zoolock with the appropriate draws.

N'zoth pally is beatable

but my record said Control Warrior is borderline unbeatable

Shaman this shaman that but you look at deck, you only had 4 high attack minion there.. CW easily can remove it as soon it hit board.. bloodlust usually out of range

I dunno, maybe my deck doesn't run doomhammer not helping tho

Damn, 7/10 of my last matches vs shaman. (4-3 vs it playing c'thun mage)

Would love to see this 4 deck line up that beats Shaman.

Why don't you think it can't be done? But that is also besides the point. And if you're asking for a line up that beats aggro and shaman midrange, that is also besides the point since those are different decks. You don't target classes, you target decks.

Top Bottom