• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

I just noticed that the Tempostorm lists for Shaman don't have Eternal Sentinel. Even Aggro Shaman uses Lava Shock over Eternal Sentinel in their list. I don't run either in my own deck, but that doesn't seem right to me.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Within the last two games I've had Priests play more Executes against me than I've played Execute myself.

I think I'll just play Miracle for this quest...

Haha this Priest has played 4 Executes this game.

clav

That is the only adventure i have yeah.

l9qm119.png

Took me about 10 minutes.

This would be a decent deck in Arena.

In constructed, eh.

You will notice Paladin loads up a lot on 4 mana drops. Paladin also has an excellent hero power that makes minions on board.

If you get better cards, you can replace the 1 mana cards with 1 mana minions. Selfless Hero is not bad.

Blue Gill is for reach. If you need to remove a 2 health minion right on your turn, it's there. Can combo too later for defeat. I see the deck list you were using uses boar. Could work. This is my list on a spot.

Again, I wouldn't expect much in constructed. This deck lacks card draw since the entire basic card set doesn't have any.

One overall tip: Avoid reading the card text when the board is empty. Sometimes you just need stuff on the board, and this deck isn't built to win as a wait to have combo deck.

Within the last two games I've had more Priests play Execute against me than I've played Execute myself.

I think I'll just play Miracle for this quest...

Haha this Priest has played 4 Executes against me this game.
I wish Thoughtsteal and Shifting Shade were stronger in this meta - I love using people's cards against them. Nothing tops 3 Yseras so far! If I had beaten Dahbomb's Freeze Mage deck, I would count stealing Ice Block, too. :p

fertygo

I just noticed that the Tempostorm lists for Shaman don't have Eternal Sentinel. Even Aggro Shaman uses Lava Shock over Eternal Sentinel in their list. I don't run either in my own deck, but that doesn't seem right to me.

Aggro Shaman prefer guarantee damage, some midrange deck prefer manage their overload

I use 1 sentinel tho

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Confession: I've been playing miracle for 2 years now and this is the second game I've played with a VanCleef in my deck.

SeemsGood
Miracle deck is nearly complete. Missing Vancleef, Acolyte of Pain (if you can believe it) and Nat Pagle. Subbed with Ironbeak, Questing, and Coldlight Oracle.

Fun shit. Feels just like storm. A deck like no other in Hearthstone.
Those halcyon days when you could sub Questing Adventurer for Vancleef, and played Coldlight for card draw. Where did Blizzard go wrong?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
lmao at Reckful's stream. He literally built a priest deck called fuck aggro with double flash heal, the new heal 5 drop, a shit ton of clears, etc. and still lost to a face shaman even though he oozed his doomhammer right after it was played.

SteveWD40

The face deck meta at rank 10+ in EU is ridiculous.

Shaman, Warrior, Hunter, even good old Zoo lock made an appearance.

I refuse to play aggro / face, mainly as it's about as much fun as a urethral swab, so my Yogg Druid is just going to have to put in the hours. Only 15 wins away from the golden portrait though.

Dahbomb

Trick to Tempostorm is to not pay too much attention to their deck lists and their match up charts. Just look at the decks in the tiers and realize that's what you will be playing against on Ladder until that list is updated again. So the deck lists are good at predicting what the opponent would play rather than what you should be playing. Smart ladder players stay ahead of the meta, even smarter players play the best deck.

I don't often see eternal sentinel. It's more often lava shock since that acts faster. Sometimes I see both, but I assume that is because they are using a higher density of overload cards.

Firebrand

Any cheap cards that are useful for longer games (I prefer paladin)? I have no legendaries besides Leeroy and League of Explorers, and find myself running out of steam in longer games. I have no really impressive 8+ mana cards, really. Well, and C'thun.

Getting real sick of C'thun though, heh, while it was nice of them to give one out for free, the minions that buffs it doesn't seem to have any real downsides.

Got a quest to play Hunter, so I take my Beast Hunter out for a spin. Faced an aggro shaman, but his hand wasn't optimal. He drops tunnel trogg. I drop Fiery bat. He drops Flametongue totem and runs into my bat. It does the 1 damage to the totem. I cast explosive trap and sit there with a grin on my face.
A 3/1 trogg with 0/2 flametongue lol. He runs into my face and they died from my trap.
So I drop animal companion and get Leokk. He uses Doomhammer to kill it. Ummm, ok, so I want to see if he'll take more face damage so I drop an Azure Drake. He uses Rockbiter and kills it. Hits me for 5. Alright. I top deck Harrison Jones and I draw 4 cards. So much value. I was sitting at 10 cards, drop another trap. It just snowballed so hard once he lost Doomhammer.

Pooya

face warrior is even worse than face shaman for rogue, it's so dumb. I feel I need to play a taunt but there is nothing good. There are so many chargers in the meta; call of the wild, kork'ron, leeroy etc.

Just had 3 face shamans back to back playing malyrogue, like really most used to be midrange/totem, back to face I guess? Fortunately I had Edwin/prep in all three, won two the other one topdicked earthshock. It's the only way one can win this match up I think. Edwin is probably the best legendary in the game right now.

RIP Xaril too, it's phasing out. Welcome back, Violet Teacher. The meta is too fast for Xaril. I really like Fibonacci's malyrogue list, you play all the cycling rogue has, it's very consistent and it can beat aggro, at least hunter, very well. I think it's pretty good. Against miracle though, I think you get rekt if they have it every time.

Trick to Tempostorm is to not pay too much attention to their deck lists and their match up charts. Just look at the decks in the tiers and realize that's what you will be playing against on Ladder until that list is updated again. So the deck lists are good at predicting what the opponent would play rather than what you should be playing. Smart ladder players stay ahead of the meta, even smarter players play the best deck.

The other option is to stay behind the meta. Often the best decks are "improved" by streamers and become much worse.

Rosenskjold

Should I always expect the secret to be 'counterspell' against aggro/flamewaker mage? Lost a game now because I played brawl into counterspell, thinking I need to play another spell to check next time, but it's super costly to delay brawl a full turn just for that.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I don't often see eternal sentinel. It's more often lava shock since that acts faster. Sometimes I see both, but I assume that is because they are using a higher density of overload cards.

I like Sentinel a lot in lists that use elemental destruction since the lava shock would often get tossed to face in a clunky fashion, compared to putting down a body on the fresh board. Just feels better unless there's some sticky minion in play(which is less common now a days).

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
So here I am with a small excess of dust. I think to myself, "Hey, I'm just a couple of cards short of playing freeze mage. What if it's actually fun to play?". I craft freeze mage. I go into casual to test it out. Warriors armor up out of range. Everyone else dies. There's no real decision making to be made other than how much you value your board clears. Keep stalling for Tharussian. Have nice block up the same time he's up. Tick. Do you have Lethal? Yes. You win. No. Keep stalling. The only reason I ever lost was because of bad draws or Warriors.

Everytime I won, it felt hollow. Like, I didn't even let my opponent play the game. That was barely fun for me. I barely played the game.

I say screw it and take my Beast Druid to Ladder. IMMEDIATELY queue into a Freeze Mage. Turn 7, I have 16 damage on board, And have to use savage roar to pop ice block. Then he concedes because guess what, he drew badly. He needed one of 6 cards in the rest of his deck and he'd been feverishly cycling for the last two turns with Acolytes.

About the only decision I made as an opponent was committing 3 cards to take down a Doomsayer to preserve 2 minions early on. Freeze Mage is actually anti-fun. But everyone already knew this.

---
I need some positivity... Renolock is a super fun deck and anyone with enough cards could throw their own thing together and have success with it. You can theme it however you want too. C'thun, N'zoth, Combo, Fatigue. Give it a shot if you want something that challenges your deck making skills.

Tacitus_

Should I always expect the secret to be 'counterspell' against aggro/flamewaker mage? Lost a game now because I played brawl into counterspell, thinking I need to play another spell to check next time, but it's super costly to delay brawl a full turn just for that.
Not always, but it's probably the 2nd most common after Mirror Entity. Or at least was, haven't played tempo in standard.

bunbun777

Whew hit rank 5 in standard yesterday. Probably going to mess around in wild for the rest of the month, maybe even not play for a week...

yea right

lmao at Reckful's stream. He literally built a priest deck called fuck aggro with double flash heal, the new heal 5 drop, a shit ton of clears, etc. and still lost to a face shaman even though he oozed his doomhammer right after it was played.
That's my experience, too! :-O

Poor Priests. :(

Fair enough.

Yep, they always have it in their opening hand. It needs nerfing to 4 health so we can Siwpe / CoH / viable trade etc...
Zoo isn't even tier 1 and you want to nerf it?

Zoo is secret tier 1.
It might be bottom tier 1.

Freeze mage needs to go away. Its the worst deck in the game by far.

Zero interaction.
Nerf Alex!
So I can get my dust back.

face warrior is even worse than face shaman for rogue, it's so dumb. I feel I need to play a taunt but there is nothing good. There are so many chargers in the meta; call of the wild, kork'ron, leeroy etc.

Just had 3 face shamans back to back playing malyrogue, like really most used to be midrange/totem, back to face I guess? Fortunately I had Edwin/prep in all three, won two the other one topdicked earthshock. It's the only way one can win this match up I think. Edwin is probably the best legendary in the game right now.

RIP Xaril too, it's phasing out. Welcome back, Violet Teacher. The meta is too fast for Xaril. I really like Fibonacci's malyrogue list, you play all the cycling rogue has, it's very consistent and it can beat aggro, at least hunter, very well. I think it's pretty good. Against miracle though, I think you get rekt if they have it every time.
Why doesn't Fibonacci run Conceal? Malygos is and Edwin are sitting ducks, right?

Ketch

So here I am with a small excess of dust. I think to myself, "Hey, I'm just a couple of cards short of playing freeze mage. What if it's actually fun to play?". I craft freeze mage. I go into casual to test it out. Warriors armor up out of range. Everyone else dies. There's no real decision making to be made other than how much you value your board clears. Keep stalling for Tharussian. Have nice block up the same time he's up. Tick. Do you have Lethal? Yes. You win. No. Keep stalling. The only reason I ever lost was because of bad draws or Warriors.

Everytime I won, it felt hollow. Like, I didn't even let my opponent play the game. That was barely fun for me. I barely played the game.

I say screw it and take my Beast Druid to Ladder. IMMEDIATELY queue into a Freeze Mage. Turn 7, I have 16 damage on board, And have to use savage roar to pop ice block. Then he concedes because guess what, he drew badly. He needed one of 6 cards in the rest of his deck and he'd been feverishly cycling for the last two turns with Acolytes.

About the only decision I made as an opponent was committing 3 cards to take down a Doomsayer to preserve 2 minions early on. Freeze Mage is actually anti-fun. But everyone already knew this.

---
I need some positivity... Renolock is a super fun deck and anyone with enough cards could throw their own thing together and have success with it. You can theme it however you want too. C'thun, N'zoth, Combo, Fatigue. Give it a shot if you want something that challenges your deck making skills.

Yea Reno Cthun lock is super fun and so is shadow step gang up nzoth rogue. Not as consistent as freeze Mage, but there rediculous BS is a lot more entertaining. Tap+ Reno when your under 10 hp or three nzoth turns in a row can't not make you laugh.

Something about Sylvanas makes me turn into the biggest retard whenever she's played against me.

It's that midriff

Yea Reno Cthun lock is super fun and so is shadow step gang up nzoth rogue. Not as consistent as freeze Mage, but there rediculous BS is a lot more entertaining. Tap+ Reno when your under 10 hp or three nzoth turns in a row can't not make you laugh.
LOL, that does sound great. GOD why did I spend all my dust on the wrong stuff. -_-

Levi

Banned
I kind of want to ladder with Shaman just so I can say "SEE? EVEN A CRAP PLAYER LIKE ME CAN RANK UP" but what if I don't rank up?

I think I'd rather just seethe about how unfair Shaman is and assume it's an easy mode deck for morons. ;)

I had a fun game this morning where a Shaman had a full board against my no minions, and after he attacked he evolved his minions. One of them ended up as Acidmaw, which means on my turn I had a 1 mana spell, Whirlwind, which cleared his board and gave me control of the game from that point on. Even his dumb 0 mana 5/5 Taunt minions didn't save him.

Levi

Banned
Only reason Zoo isn't top tier is because other cancer like shaman exists.

Zoo has a few too many bad match-ups to be the top meta deck, but it's still really strong. Warlock is in a good place with zoo and renolock. I really miss demon handlock but I think once I get my golden Warrior I'm going to switch to Renolock and zoo to make Warlock my third golden hero.

Aylinato

I kind of want to ladder with Shaman just so I can say "SEE? EVEN A CRAP PLAYER LIKE ME CAN RANK UP" but what if I don't rank up?

I think I'd rather just seethe about how unfair Shaman is and assume it's an easy mode deck for morons. ;)

I had a fun game this morning where a Shaman had a full board against my no minions, and after he attacked he evolved his minions. One of them ended up as Acidmaw, which means on my turn I had a 1 mana spell, Whirlwind, which cleared his board and gave me control of the game from that point on. Even his dumb 0 mana 5/5 Taunt minions didn't save him.

But I enjoy watching ur warrior games

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
l9qm119.png

Took me about 10 minutes.

This would be a decent deck in Arena.

In constructed, eh.

You will notice Paladin loads up a lot on 4 mana drops. Paladin also has an excellent hero power that makes minions on board.

If you get better cards, you can replace the 1 mana cards with 1 mana minions. Selfless Hero is not bad.

Blue Gill is for reach. If you need to remove a 2 health minion right on your turn, it's there. Can combo too later for defeat. I see the deck list you were using uses boar. Could work. This is my list on a spot.

Again, I wouldn't expect much in constructed. This deck lacks card draw since the entire basic card set doesn't have any.

One overall tip: Avoid reading the card text when the board is empty. Sometimes you just need stuff on the board, and this deck isn't built to win as a wait to have combo deck.

Thanks very much for the time you took setting that up for me. I will be sure to give that a try tonight.

Apathy

Just played a control/cthun warrior that only used 2 beckoner of evil to activate a 10/10 cthun just to get shield bearer procs (with bran) that was basically playing for fatigue I guess cause he had an alex and grom. Either way, the weird thing was he ran zero weapons, not even fiery war axe. I was so shocked.

Regardless, dude used both brawls before n'zoth, bad move when I did 24 from board and he had no steam left

Levi

Banned
But I enjoy watching ur warrior games

Warrior is my favorite class, I'll always play warrior games. :D Plus in this meta there is so much variety in Warrior it'd be tough to get bored. Even in wild there's ton of cool Warrior decks no one is playing. I'm convinced that once my Warrior is golden my win rate is gonna go up at least 2 points.

Top Bottom