• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

clav

I think the idea fits very well under the theme of brawl.

People would be crafting the lowest degenerate deck.

Play a bunch of 0/X minions and spells that only hit board. It'd be the worst brawl ever.

How many 0/x minions are in the game?

Every game would go to fatigue! Someone would figure out a deck that doesn't have any damage in it and every game would be decided on who went first, as they'd die to fatigue first.

You make it sound like fatigue = bad game.

How many 0/x minions are in the game?

You make it sound like fatigue = bad game.
Fatigue = bad game.

How many 0/Xs are there?

Shieldbearer
Mirror Image
Doomsayer
Dragon Egg (still usable)
Alarm-o-bot
Cho Manawalker
Nat Pagle
Nerubian Egg (maybe)
Target Dummy

Then fill the rest of the deck with board-only AoE like Flamestrike, Blizzard, Arcane Explosion, Cone of Cold, and a few defensive-only secrets like Mage Armor.

You could also include Eerie Statue and Ancient Watcher, potentially.

There you go, the potential for an entire deck with zero offensive capabilities.

OK so what kind of brawl do you people want to see?

Evolve on every turn?
I really liked the 2-card deck Brawl. I want Brawls that are two things:
1) Creatively interesting, even if they are solved in a day.
2) Fast for questing.

I also think a "top deck" Brawl would be cool. Blizzard puts out a list of decks used by top 8 players at the last major event, and you get to pick a deck to use.
Malygos Brawl would be cool.
Growing C'Thun: each turn, an invincible C'Thun gets +1/+1 and fires.
N'Zoth'd: at the end of each turn, all players resurrect all minions (could be terrible)

Dahbomb

There already was a Malygos Brawl. It was one where minions costed 1 mana and we're 1/1. So people would play Alex then play Malygos and Innervate/Prep a bunch of spells. Was a really stupid Brawl.

Play your opponents deck would work if you swapped half of the cards. That way you can't make an unwinnable deck.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
There already was a Malygos Brawl. It was one where minions costed 1 mana and we're 1/1. So people would play Alex then play Malygos and Innervate/Prep a bunch of spells. Was a really stupid Brawl.

You could do some crazy miracle nonsense with priest in that brawl. Gadgetzan plus Shadowfiend to draw into Malygos and Prophet Velen into Mind Blasts.

frequency

I like brawls with pre-made decks because people can't just bring whatever broken deck reddit found on day one of the brawl to ruin the fun for everyone else.

That hearthead article isn't bad. Talks a bit about the WoG release

http://www.hearthhead.com/news=2532...ns-were-axed-herald-volazj-copied-your-oppone

I do kind of wish they had picked a different route w/ blade flurry that they talk about, kind of sucks.

The team definitely thought about nerfing Ice Block and Alexstrasza as most of the community says, but they also thought about tackling Sylvanas Windrunner. Peter says these cards that completely change the way you're playing in the middle of the game are what they looked at.

Herald Volazj actually changed a ton. The initial design for that was 'Become a copy of your opponent.' And so your hero portrait, all of your minions, all of your cards in hand and in your deck would become exact mirrors of your opponent.

fertygo

these cards that completely change the way you're playing in the middle of the game are what they looked at.

this quote sound out of touch af

"change of situation in tactic game? oh noes" seriously..

Dahbomb

"Wanted to make sure Druid felt different year"

*Freeze Mage and Miracoli still the same as the day the game released...

Wonder what magical cards they will release that change that. They claimed that they "fixed" Face Hunter by adding new cards but that's not what happened at all. Face Hunter was "fixed" when they nerfed Knife Juggler, Owl, Leper Gnome and Arcane Golem while moving to standard with Mad Scientist rotating out.

ViviOggi

6cc 5/5 Sylvanas is perfect even with stuff like N'Zoth around, that's just crazy talk. And that meme version of Herald sounds quite a bit more fun than the unplayable pile of garbage we ended up getting.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Man if people think Sylvannas is too strong at 6 mana, were they around when she was 5 mana? Think about that. Only classic cards existed and she was a 5mana 5/5. A true terror even with decks running old 2 mana Owl.

Fishlake

I did a brawl quest today. alarm-o-bot saved the day.

Any of you played that Runescape CCG yet?

I've played it a fair bit it is a far more controlling game then hearthstone. It is all about sabotaging your opponent in so many different ways and the game is just so unique and unlike any card game I've ever played. I'm interested in seeing where it goes.

Hycran

Banned
Finally made it to rank 5 this season, bit of a shit show trying to make it to rank 5 with my own decks, but zoo is just so strong and always has a chance to win. Wish I hadn't crafted Druid legendary but oh well.

Wonder what magical cards they will release that change that. They claimed that they "fixed" Face Hunter by adding new cards but that's not what happened at all. Face Hunter was "fixed" when they nerfed Knife Juggler, Owl, Leper Gnome and Arcane Golem while moving to standard with Mad Scientist rotating out.

yea that struck me as odd lol. "We fixed it by adding more cards, and not nerfing any cards". Idk what kind of face hunter they were playing

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Encountered a patron warrior for the first time. Boy is that a pain in the ass.

Dragon priests have been giving me some issues too with my Cthun mage. I really lack end game damage because i think I'm brutally misusing my Cthun or something.

Pooya

A little bit like Savagery except it destroyed [the weapon] so we could make it even cheaper and put it in a class like .

sounds like blade flurry could have been even worse.
Emoticon_facepalm.gif

savagery is like the worst card in classic set, it's like utterly worthless.

Rogue that's very, very good at buffing their weapon

deadly poison and? As the weapon class, rogue actually has very little that interact with the daggers right now. Very good? people are playing 1 deadly now, your hero power doesn't have much value past the first 4-5 turns, it's often better to not dagger up these days later in the game, you can end up giving your opponent 2 cards. So much for that class identity.

scarlet

Trying to play warrior. It's fun. I had quick match, 5-1 before turn 6. Granted, I have lower ranked warrior so maybe I'm against newbie too.

Still need to collect more cards if I want to play warrior consistently. Still don't have brawl, and some armor cards

clav

You are never going to compete with Warsong Patron but Patron is still pretty strong thanks to it being such a strong counter to rush.

I always wanted to see the Dreadsteed combo with Undertaker + Warsong in a tournament.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYHEdbBYML0&t=3m55s

A Patron Warrior once killed me through 2 Sludge Belchers in a single turn. Most if not all cards from hand too.

Yeah, we are never getting that back.

Death's Bite is a really great card that all the Warriors want back.

I remember when I first started playing, I knife juggler + uth against a patron player. Conceded right there lol

Similar experience. KJ + Muster. Oh...

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
How does it play against Rogue? It's like Miracle City for me here at Rank 9.
I was playing N'zoth last night. It's my "serious" deck. But it was just Rogue after Rogue after Rogue. A whole den of them...
Ummm... If they miss a turn you can win the game by turn 7. Pump out 3/2's and as long as they don't do an Backstab/SI move, you're golden. Even if they do, just Wrath and keep putting down threats. Basically out tempo their early game removal.

Any of you played that Runescape CCG yet?
Oh, it came out today - I'll download it now. :)

Edit: I tested the Runescape game. It seems rather awful. You spend 5 turns playing cards that attack you, and you have to beat them. Then you engage in a 1v1 duel with your opponent that is just you both taking turns attacking each other. There's almost no interaction with your opponent. The only effects you have on him are the side-effects of the cards you play. For example, I played against an archer, and I played 3 cards that deal damage to my opponent when I kill them. He was stupid and played a big minion that took his health low, so I happened to kill him. It was basically a happy accident, and I don't feel like I'm really engaging with my opponent in a test of skill. I'm surprised someone made such a game.

clav

Making a poor midrange Paladin.

Need to improve 2 drop quality.

Yes, I went 600 wins without Tirion.

Blessing of Wisdom really screws with people. You can tell which opponents are actually thinking when used.

I think I should add back Lay on Hands and a Silence.

Schnauzer

So is N'Zoth Dragon Priest the only viable priest deck currently? It seems to be the only one I have had remote success with, and it's nothing compared to the range jesus shenanigans you can pull of with aggro shaman.

clav

Having some tough rolls against Shaman.

That Trogg gets out of control with perfect draws and you have zero answers.

Also why do people have to do the "Thank You" BM at the end? Are people so shitty?

Lyng

Having some tough rolls against Shaman.

That Trogg gets out of control with perfect draws and you have zero answers.

Also why do people have to do the "Thank You" BM at the end? Are people so shitty?

Mostly people playing face shaman. Somehow playing the most face roll deck ever makes them feel super good about themselves.

clav

Mostly people playing face shaman. Somehow playing the most face roll deck ever makes them feel super good about themselves.

Starcraft 2 had a reporting system.

How come this game doesn't have one at all?

edit: I just realized the deck I was using doesn't even have Consecration at all.

Too much arena I suppose.

Guess the midrange deck is not very good. By the time Paladin can do anything, the game's already ending.

Zoggy

edit: I just realized the deck I was using doesn't even have Consecration at all.

report someone for playing aggro and spamming emotes? are you kidding me?

clav

Only the spamming emote thing is annoying and passive aggressive behavior.

Don't need to jump to conclusions and twist the truth.

Guess the midrange deck is not very good. By the time Paladin can do anything, the game's already ending.
Reporting for what? Hopefully not taunting.

You can just squelch.

Top Bottom