• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

scarlet

Got 2 rare and 1 epic, I guess it's my best luck opening deck so far.

Yeah I don't see myself playing Naga or Djinni

It's better disenchanted for 2 feral spirits or 1 doomhammer

Is it worth getting into this game at this point if you are new and don't plan on spending any money?

Depends how opposed you are to extended grinding and being disadvantaged against people that have built their collection until you're able to get enough cards to be competitive at a higher level.

scarlet

Is it worth getting into this game at this point if you are new and don't plan on spending any money?

I just played because the free packs from WoTG.

Don't touch arena, just grind and do quest every day. Each time you got 100 G, just buy pack.

It depends how much you want to spend your time tho.

clav

Compared to when I started playing?

Absolutely.

You can build a cheap deck from the cards given to you.

I also suggest learning arena since it'll help you explore every card in the game and learn how to trade effectively. Arena games are not based on card collection.

Tarazet

Man, your salt is unreal haha.

I swear I almost never get the perfect Shaman curve either. It's part of why I play midrange instead of aggro.

I get the perfect curve sometimes, but it's also the game where I'm against Rogue and he has 2 Backstabs and SI:7 Agent in his opening hand and he's on the coin.

The nastiest, and hardest to deal with opening is like this:

T1 Argent Squire
T2 Trogg, Trogg
T3 Feral Spirit
T4 Flametongue or Totem Golem

You get that monstrosity together, and come hell or high water you have that game won.

fertygo

I still don't know what you call as perfect curve play as shaman, turn 3 after overload play always sucked

didn't matter tho because trogg + golem first 2 turn already cancer mwahahaha

fertygo

I expect Shaman nerf after blizzcon btw

these pros banning each other shaman isn't pretty lmao

Tunnel Trogg
Doomhammer
FF

pls

I hope they not touch Thing from Below, pls? lol

I think its OK if they nerf the other aggressor and Below stay intact

Tarazet

Its will be 1/2 if they do it but its will kill the card already I think

Trogg isn't the problem, it's the Doomhammer/Rockbiter combo. It was already a problem before when we had Sludge Belchers to help stall, now we have, I dunno, Master Jouster? Sunwalker?

fertygo

Trogg isn't the problem, it's the Doomhammer/Rockbiter combo. It was already a problem before when we had Sludge Belchers to help stall, now we have, I dunno, Master Jouster? Sunwalker?

I think' they should remove overload made it 2/4 windfury, thing maybe not as fucked if mofo actually holding the shit because waiting the combo

the combo is POGCHAMP yeah but its 3 card combo, shit just annoy me when fucker already swing that thing 4 times and combo arrive at topdeck

but made it that way seem hypocrite because they nerf druid combo, they should do the same for this

absolute garbage idea.

Got an actual opinion why?

Then why didn't anybody play it for two years? It only became a problem when high damage troggs became a thing. Before that it was good damage, but it was coming off the back of nothing.

After all, double lava burst does 10 too.

Pooya

Kolento v Ostkaka series was so good, those rogue plays. Godlento is about to win CN vs EU again.

Chinese spend a LOT on esport, this has far better productions than Blizzcon.

scarlet

z8HHyBP.png

Me before opening pack:

OMG 2 rares, 1 epic, and 1 legendary. Today is the best day!

Me after opening pack:

NccOnl3.gif

WWWWHHHHHHHHHYYY?

Should I just dust him instantly?

I enjoyed the Midrange Shaman discussion because I wanted to play it for ages and now it's really strong.

Also mildly interested in Midrange Hunter as well. Are there a ton of tech choices in that deck or are they mostly the same list?

jgminto

I doubt we'll see any Shaman nerfs. The point where Blizzard nerfs things from a pure power standpoint is much higher than where Shaman is now. Heck, I'd say Secret Pally was higher than current Shaman.

Xanathus

I enjoyed the Midrange Shaman discussion because I wanted to play it for ages and now it's really strong.

Also mildly interested in Midrange Hunter as well. Are there a ton of tech choices in that deck or are they mostly the same list?
A lot of tech choices for the early game cards, and the 5 mana cards. Doomsayers, Flame Jugglers, Fiery Bats and Huge Toads for the early game, and choices between Ram Wrangler, Stranglethorn Tigers, Stampeding Kodo and Tundra Rhino for the 5 drops. Oh and also what secrets you run if any.

Tarazet

Then why didn't anybody play it for two years? It only became a problem when high damage troggs became a thing. Before that it was good damage, but it was coming off the back of nothing.

After all, double lava burst does 10 too.

It just takes the right streamers introducing the broken shit to the right audience. FoN + Savage Roar was in the game from the beginning, and at the time they did the nerfs the deck was still pretty close to what you could've built on day one.

Mulgrok

#brawltales

Silly shaman plays alarm-o-bot on turn 5. I get him down to low hp. On turn 6 it pulls his reno out of his hand. I /oops him and he concedes.

Top deck my 2nd rampage on turn 7 when I have a stealthed raging worgen on the board and 1 charge of death's bite. Buff up the worgen to 14 damage which allows me to kill the opponent from 30 hp. 2 turns before the rogue burnt his sabotage to kill my acolyte of pain. hehe

clav

Me before opening pack:

OMG 2 rares, 1 epic, and 1 legendary. Today is the best day!

Me after opening pack:

http://i.imgur.com/NccOnl3.gif

WWWWHHHHHHHHHYYY?

Should I just dust him instantly?

Works in a 30 card legendary deck.

Your opponent gives you spells.

I guess you never played when Shredders were around. Every time this card came out of a shredder, both players would be sad. I think it changes the game board instantly and uncomfortably.

Just went 12-2 with this disgusting Mage draft. This is about the most ridiculous top end you can have as a mage without having flamestrike in the deck.

http://i.imgur.com/6RiM5O8.jpg

The only reason I didn't go 12-0 is because of the deathlord. I faced back-to-back rogues at around 10 wins where I dropped deathlord on Turn 3 and it pulled out ridiculous 6 drops. Boulderfist Ogre first, then Piloted Sky Golem.

Congrats.

Greedy, but you got the 12 wins.

Somehow Conjurer never really worked out for me when I had more than 1 in arena. I'm usually dead by then.

Take all the Faceless Summoners though. That card is broken.

Thanks.

I don't have Yogg so I'll probably dust him.

I did get a 'Blood of the Ancient One' too but it seems kinda useless if you don't have two.

clav

Playing against the same person twice in a row. What are the chances?

Happened to me in arena.

Added the person as a friend afterward and turns out he/she didn't have any losses while I was facing my elimination game.

I thought that was weird.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Somehow Conjurer never really worked out for me when I had more than 1 in arena. I'm usually dead by then.

Take all the Faceless Summoners though. That card is broken.

The Ethereal Conjurers did way more for me than the Faceless Summoners did. I was able to fish for lethal with those things in like 4-5 of my runs.

clav

My last arena deck didn't play out that way. Usually Conjurer was in a top decking scenario where as a Faceless Summoner was always No board? Now you have board.

Top Bottom