• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Danj

He got really off his game when he couldn't remember what his last card was and had to decide to play Sylvanas or burn a card. Then it just went downhill from there.

Though he did play Yogg druid to top 20 legend... yesterday or the day before it.

This is why people should use Hearthstone Deck Tracker. No more not knowing what cards you've got left.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I just had someone self immolate in front of me.

Someone was playing a reno jackson rogue deck and for some reason they were running gang up.

At some point during the game they targeted my sylvanas with gang up. On turn 10 they played reno jackson and healed for 0. They realized how dumb that was and conceded.

flat,800x800,070,f.jpg

Zoggy

I just had someone self immolate in front of me.

Someone was playing a reno jackson rogue deck and for some reason they were running gang up.

At some point during the game they targeted my sylvanas with gang up. On turn 10 they played reno jackson and healed for 0. They realized how dumb that was and conceded.

flat,800x800,070,f.jpg

sylvanas will forever be the best "your opponent will will fuck up trying to deal with this" card.

so many missplays and bad trades....

Zoggy

that's why they don't play minion on first 2 turn, they play freezing trap and doomsayer, toad and elekk actually fine tho

turn 3 above, they unstoppable

my record as shaman against them is 4-14 worst matchup by far

i can account to this.

midrange hunter is way stronger than people assume.

It can wreck midrange or aggro shaman, if it can hold its own by turn 8-9 when the call of the wilds come in.

the only issue is that its a midrange deck and they have no business in this meta except for specific matchups.

honestly its being carried by infested wolf and call of the wild, which are both pretty good cards.

aggro is always better for climbing and control will beat you.

but again, i'm saying it now

Rexxar will return. The next adventure will bring hunters back to dominance...

call of the wild is imo the best 1 for 1 card in the game, so any slightly OP cards will turn hunter into an unstoppable force.

this makes me happy because i love hunter and its my favorite class. its the first class i reached 500 wins with and i love how its dominant playstyle (smorc smorc eat shit) goes against everything all players advise against and hate.

i wish i was playing during the undertaker hunter days that card pre-nerf seems ridiculous lol.

cHinzo

Took 45 minutes to wrap up two games against a warrior and a priest. Who even likes to play these games? They were boring as fck. 😴

Xanathus

HS players make way more money much more easily being a well-known streamer than wasting time playing tourneys. The only (profitable) reason one should do tourneys is to get recognition and then capitalize on that to be a streamer. Firebat mentioned that Ostkaka wasted his championship by not doing that and instead remained on the down low.

HS players make way more money much more easily being a well-known streamer than wasting time playing tourneys. The only (profitable) reason one should do tourneys is to get recognition and then capitalize on that to be a streamer. Firebat mentioned that Ostkaka wasted his championship by not doing that and instead remained on the down low.
Says a lot about competitive HS that you can "waste" a championship.

jgminto

Noob question incoming..

Just played against expert Mage, using Mage, how do I get the secret cards?

You get them the same way you'd get any other unlockable cards, craft them, open them in a pack or play the adventures if they're exclusive to that. Paladin, Hunter and Mage are the classes with secrets btw.

zoukka

Flamewreathed in arena WTF was blizzard thinking. This shit the is the most OP fuckery in the history of HS. There are no counters to it in arena. It's a fucking 4-mana common that ends the game there on turn 3 or 4.

I'm out of arena until they nerf it.

patchday

just wanted to say I've enjoyed these posts about streamers and such the last couple pages. I love watching Hearthstone on Twitch.tv, I think Hearthstone is perfect for streaming (besides the fact the actual streamer can be sniped) since you can see the entire board. Granted, you cannot see the opponent's cards though (unless its a tournament)

Still pretty much brand spanking new but winning quite a bit these days using a rogue deck I found online.

Flamewreathed in arena WTF was blizzard thinking. This shit the is the most OP fuckery in the history of HS. There are no counters to it in arena. It's a fucking 4-mana common that ends the game there on turn 3 or 4.

So you're out of arena forever then

Shaman arena isn't even that strong honestly, you basically need an insane deck to do really well otherwise it's a subpar class.

clav

What do you guys think is the arena class ranking now? I'm still picking paladin or mage when offered but don't know outside of that.

Rogue = Mage > Paladin

If you don't play top 3 classes, then yeah, it sucks.

It's also a reason why you should double check if you have any taunts in your deck when drafting. Sometimes, one taunt no matter the stats of the card can be all the difference.

So you're out of arena forever then

Shaman arena isn't even that strong honestly, you basically need an insane deck to do really well otherwise it's a subpar class.

Yeah Shaman still kinda sucks when you don't have any weapons.

Same goes for Hunter + Warrior, which is why I always rank Druid above them. Someone thought that was weird when I said that.

Paladin, too, to a certain extent. You can have a really good Paladin deck or a really shitty one if it doesn't have any Truesilvers, Muster for Battles, Keepers, Shielded Minibots, Cog Hammer, Consecration, or Murloc Knight.

Tarazet

Ironically, the rise of Tempo Warrior has improved my winrate as Patron, because Patron is heavily favored in that matchup. Adding a Wild Pyromancer and Ragnaros also helped.

clav

Rexxar will return. The next adventure will bring hunters back to dominance...

call of the wild is imo the best 1 for 1 card in the game, so any slightly OP cards will turn hunter into an unstoppable force.

this makes me happy because i love hunter and its my favorite class. its the first class i reached 500 wins with and i love how its dominant playstyle (smorc smorc eat shit) goes against everything all players advise against and hate.

Best golden animation although Warrior's Garrosh is pretty, too.

clav

If you get to top decking phase, Y'Shaarj just makes Arena dead.

Had that happen too many times with a "Hello/Well Met/ Pleasure is mine" emote on top of that.

Paladin, too, to a certain extent. You can have a really good Paladin deck or a really shitty one if it doesn't have any Truesilvers, Muster for Battles, Keepers, Shielded Minibots, Cog Hammer, Consecration, or Murloc Knight.
Uldaman, aldor, seal of Champions, divine strength, etc. If a Paladin somehow has none of their broken cards then yeah they're in trouble, you're just not gonna see a lot of them.

That was someone here who played against a shaman that played Flamewreathed on turns 4,5 and 6 right? That's my favorite arena story

Hycran

Banned
That was someone here who played against a shaman that played Flamewreathed on turns 4,5 and 6 right? That's my favorite arena story

Turn 4: Flamewreathed
Turn 5 (3 mana): Coin + Flame Wreathed
Turn 6: Flamewreathed?

It doesnt work an other way, unless you far sighted a flamewreathed for turn 5.

hollomat

Banned
I always play arena over ranked, but will play ranked at the end of the month to get up to 15 for the free gold rare.

I feel bad playing against some of these players though. When a person drops goldshire footman turn one, you know it isn't going to be a fun game for them.

just had some of the biggest bullshit arena games of my life, big ol 0 - 3

this priest had a holy champion that was starting to get out of control in part due to an anubisath sentinel. i decide to take drastic measures to kill it, by using a taunt spare part on on of my VERY few 5+ mana minions. i either do loatheb, or a boulderfist. fearing entomb and wanting to save the better statted boulderfist, i taunt up loatheb. priest has a fuckin reckless rocketeer, and then follows it up with a faceless shambler that gets 14/7

clav

Once Holy Champion is played, opponent should remove it on the next turn.

Game over if you can't.

Also the anti Truesilver card because the card will buff itself before Paladin hits it.

Levi

Banned
Playing Shaman because they keep giving me that 60g quest.

I was gonna bitch that I never get the OP opening draw, like every other Shaman on ladder, but it doesn't matter.

Barely paying attention, don't even remember what's in the deck, winning anyway.

Kornflayx

Turn 4: Flamewreathed
Turn 5 (3 mana): Coin + Flame Wreathed
Turn 6: Flamewreathed?

It doesnt work an other way, unless you far sighted a flamewreathed for turn 5.

Yeah, that was me. And it exactly as Hycran said. Me and a friend that was sitting beside me were like:

5lX38LP.gif

Levi

Banned
The salt is so real :D

Are you on EU or NA?

I play on both, Levi#1147. Happy to add friends. My NA account has every competitive card on it. My EU account is pretty barebones, as it is 100% F2P, but I have a couple of good decks. A control priest and a control Mage that are decent, and a midrange Warrior that is very competitive:

W7mxixJ.png

ViviOggi

What do you guys think is the arena class ranking now? I'm still picking paladin or mage when offered but don't know outside of that.

Mage => Rogue >>> Paladin > Warrior ~ Shaman ~ Warlock > Druid >>> Hunter >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Priest

snack

​Hey hearthstone gaf. I started getting back into this game recently. The hype got to me. It mostly had to do with traveling to Korea and seeing all these people playing Hearthstone on the subway. I got so interested in all these new cards that I was seeing, especially that CTHUN legendary - I literally lost my shit and immediately downloaded the game on my iPhone once I got back home.

Last time I played was when the hunter aggro rush deck with Leroy Jenkins and hounds before the nerf. Good times... But now with these adventures that are out and offering exclusive cards, I'm in a tough spot. I don't wanna spend any more money but would like to build a decent deck to hopefully get to legendary! I've ran into a brick wall at rank 10.

I have around 2900 dust to spend on new cards but I wanna optimize what I spend stuff on.

My deck I'm using now is here: http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/558106-cthun-mage

My total collection of cards is here: http://www.hearthpwn.com/members/randyor/collection

Any suggestions as to how I can improve this deck? Thanks and cheers.

Top Bottom