• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Milennia

I want to play some wild for fun after my legend climb this season, but i hate secret pally so i might as well just call it there i guess.

Can maybe play patron idk, paladin with nzoth and secrets seems so ridiculous to me

or even just nzoth with belchers and shredders, cringe worthy shit.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
It's always funny to play decks with like 10 legendaries in them at Rank 18. There often isn't even a rhyme or reason to their inclusion.

Still kicks my ass because I'm terrible, but still. Makes me laugh.

squidyj

Better than healing the other side.

.... Well you only really play yogg when you're behind so no? I would rather it heal my opponent than damage me since my life total is usually relevant when I drop yogg while theirs often isn't. sometimes their health is relevant and I would like yogg to just lethal them over a wall of taunts, etc, but that's not common.

I've become a huge fan of Fireguard Destroyer in midrange Shaman. Even at 4/6, it's a great 4-drop, and since it only has overload 1, you can play a Flamewreathed Faceless on your next turn. If it gets a big buff, you have a 7/6 followed by a 7/7 in two turns, and it's only turn 5. That's a pretty huge board to deal with.

squidyj

why am I seeing so many priests? did someone popularize a new deck?

I guess it's a deck kibler was playing? they all play loot hoarder and I've seen reno from one and shadowform from another.

I guess it's a deck kibler was playing? they all play loot hoarder and I've seen reno from one and shadowform from another.

nah I just started seeing them today, all the same deck I'm pretty sure.
Kibler has been playing Reno Shadowpriest for a while. You get tons of value from the 2-damage pings because Reno heals you back to 30 to cover your losses.

squidyj

Kibler did put out a new video of him playing a Shadow Priest Reno deck, but I highly doubt that's what people are playing.

4 separate priests, all had loot hoarder early on. one played shadowform, one played reno, one played herald. I think they might be playing that deck.

4 separate priests, all had loot hoarder early on. one played shadowform, one played reno, one played herald. I think they might be playing that deck.

Interesting, I never thought Shadowform was that popular with people, even when played by streamers, but there you go. It does seem like a fun deck to me though.

bjaelke

He was playing a similar deck before standard which performed much better. No idea why he decided to bring it back - we all know Reno Rogue is the future.

Tarazet

With so few taunts in the game, yeah. Add in Mortal Strike and Heroic Strike and you're pushing lethal damage very quickly.

I beat an Aggro Pirate Warrior earlier today who attacked face with his Arcanite AND THEN cast Heroic Strike. Once he realized he couldn't attack *again* with his hero he conceded. One of the easiest decks in the game to pilot and he still figured out how to misplay.

Probably new, I made that mistake once or twice early on back when Reynad Aggro Warrior was a thing. Truth be told, it's very similar now to how it was before the expansions, and I've been tempted to go back to this deck that is over 2 years old now.. it looks like it should still work. Argent Squire is fairly pointless with N'zoth's First Mate out there now, but I can't shake the feeling that it's time Argent Commander re-entered the meta.

http://www.hearthhead.com/deck=23836/reynad-warrior-aggro

KuroNeeko

There are two "big" priest decks out there right now: Shadow N'zoth Reno Priest (popularized by Kibler who just unleashed his latest standard-compatible list) and C'thun (which is being advertised on Hearthpwn as an "easy rank 5").

Kibler's list is fun, but people forget that he's an awesome player and the reason it really wins at all is a) the unexpected factor and b) he's just a good player.

Also, maybe some people just want to take a break from hyper competitive lists (probably not.)

jgminto

I wish there was a better anti-aggro taunt, been trying Cyclopian Horror in Control Priest but I feel like the chances of getting good value with it is lower than I'd like.

squidyj

Pirate warrior is ayyyyyyyyyyyyy.

It's kind of sad to watch zoo struggle to stick something to the board. Like watching a dying insect struggle.

cHinzo

Holyshit the RNG in Brawl is so frustratingly bad for me to finish my quests. Made a Yogg Mage deck and I'm having fun again. :D

fertygo

blowing the garage
elI0tAw.jpg

rip 8100 dust

rip 8 legendary, multiple golden epic, and rare

Edit : crap I forgot about acolyte

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It's absolutely pathetic how terrible some players are. I have a complete shit deck, I'm at 2 wins, 2 losses and I get to play against this paladin with the following deck:

Ooze
Muster x3
Seal of Champ
Steward of Darkshire (notice the synergy)
Consecration
Truesilver
Murloc Knight
Piloted Shredder x2
Sylvanas

Like, how fucking terrible could one possibly be at a kid cards game?

Xanathus

Holyshit the RNG in Brawl is so frustratingly bad for me to finish my quests. Made a Yogg Mage deck and I'm having fun again. :D

Eh I've had a 100% win rate with Warlock in brawl in 10 games. I get bad players who just go face and don't take value trades.

Pooya

went 10-0 with c'thun druid. beating zoo, tempo warriors and shamans even. still needs refining but I'm playing wild pyro, seems good. I had very good draws though. zoo is still very hard but tempo warrior seems fine, two executes is all they have to deal with all of you big stuff.

Levi

Banned
g4Dro4s.png

My EU pack luck is disgusting. It's a free to play account--last season I opened three legendaries in 25 packs (Prophet Velen, Nat Pagle and Golden Y'Shaarj, which turned into Ragnaros and half of a Grommash)

The day I opened the account I got an Antonidas, and within the first month I also pulled a Sylvanas. I was playing decks with 90% basic cards and two legendaries on a brand new account.

The day Old Gods came out I got a Malkorok in one of the packs I got just for logging in.

I also can't complain about the luck on my p2w NA account. Averaged one legendary every 20 packs on OG launch day (and all good ones) and I've pulled 4 golden legendaries on that account. (Antonidas, Hemet, Mimiron's Head and Toshley).

You'll never catch me complaining about my pack luck.

embalm

A pretty cool breakdown of what's being played out there by vS. They have breakdowns of legend and Rank 5 to 1 as well.

DRR3_Overall_Games.png

Looks like Zoo is pretty popular. It's a pretty great deck and they have a chance to win every match up.

I love that warrior has so many viable decks. I wish that was the case for other classes as well.

Miracle Rogue continues to trend down. It's a hard deck to play and there are too many fast decks for it to truly shine.

embalm

Zoo will always be popular because it's probably the cheapest competitive deck.
That used to be true, but the net deck Zoo runs 2 legendaries now. The deck requires twice as much dust as some other competitive decks.

Mid-range Hunter & Aggro Shaman are the kings of cheap decks now. You can go pure netdeck for under 2,000 dust which is pretty good for decks being played at top legend.

Zoo is getting popular again because it's really good. The Legend only games has Zoo being played 5% more than any other deck. That's a pretty wide gap and it's in Legend, which means most players can probably build just about any deck they want.

Levi

Banned
That used to be true, but the net deck Zoo runs 2 legendaries now. The deck requires twice as much dust as some other competitive decks.

Nah, you can sub Dark Iron Dwarf for Gormok and Doomguard for Leeroy and the deck is probably 98% as effective. The only real disadvantage to Doomguard is that if you play it and your board is empty, you may discard the power overwhelming you need for lethal.

I played a few Zoo games this morning and I finally got to Crazed Alchemist a turn 2 Doomsayer. Felt good.

fertygo

Damn tempo warrior is fun I don't think I hit +50% win rate with it tho, lose few game because terrible play (and of course some terrible luck, fuck tempo mage) still a lot to learn

It's always funny to play decks with like 10 legendaries in them at Rank 18. There often isn't even a rhyme or reason to their inclusion.

Still kicks my ass because I'm terrible, but still. Makes me laugh.
There just aren't many good late game stand-alone legendaries in the game. It's why you see Ragnaros over and over again.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so somebody a few pages back mentioned making a hunter deck that is all spells and weapons

just dumped all my spells and traps and eaglehorn into a deck and threw yogg at the end

this deck is stupid as hell, but it's also hilarious

also more effective than you'd think, but not really good enough to go high in the rankings or anything

Top Bottom