• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Rosenskjold

It's definitely rough. I'm at 13 right now, and the climb has had many, many close calls. I've only lost one Shaman mirror, though, and it was a Crusher Shaman deck! :-O That was exciting, because I want to run that deck.

I can't get past 17. I keep running into people with legend cardbacks, or just really solid players. Back and forth all the time for me.

I can't get past 17. I keep running into people with legend cardbacks, or just really solid players. Back and forth all the time for me.
Rank 17 is around where the rank 5 players play, so everyone has solids decks. If you're getting absolutely crushed, just wait a week and it'll be easier.

Levi

Banned

Because it's incredibly rude? Because I want to know if someone has the quest because I'll switch to a better deck or play the innkeeper? Because I feel like an asshole trying to communicate with someone who is ignoring me?

I'm happy to help people with quests. Just don't be a jerk.

Probably a good time to mention I freed up some friends list room recently:

Levi#1147 on EU and NA.

Because it's incredibly rude? Because I want to know if someone has the quest because I'll switch to a better deck or play the innkeeper? Because I feel like an asshole trying to communicate with someone who is ignoring me?

Levi#1147 on EU and NA.
Sometimes I spectate while on my phone, and I don't get the message because Hearthstone erases your chat messages too quickly.

Levi#1147 on EU and NA.

Added you, have the watch quest atm. Schreckstoff#2168 is the battletag in EU.

Rosenskjold

Rank 17 is around where the rank 5 players play, so everyone has solids decks. If you're getting absolutely crushed, just wait a week and it'll be easier.

I don't want easier, I want to be better :D !

edit: Randomage is like freeze mage now with aggrovating RNG going their favor.

Rosenskjold

Seriously, what is going on with this Yogg-Saron rng? Such a blatantly stupid card, and I lose two games in a row to it threatening lethal. That card seriously makes me want to just quit and find a game where you don't lose as often to straight up luck.

Tarazet

Seriously, what is going on with this Yogg-Saron rng? Such a blatantly stupid card, and I lose two games in a row to it threatening lethal. That card seriously makes me want to just quit and find a game where you don't lose as often to straight up luck.

Compared to Piloted Shredder and Unstable Portal, I'm pretty OK with a 10 mana legendary who could do literally anything.

squidyj

Compared to Piloted Shredder and Unstable Portal, I'm pretty OK with a 10 mana legendary who could do literally anything.

there is nothing that can reach the potential of this card, the fact that you can play this card in a situation where you lose with literally every other card in the game and it just casts you a million spells and can turn that can't win into a can't lose is kind of fucking stupid. You want to talk about fun and interactive? fun and interactive is one card that coin flips an entire fucking game you thought you won.

wiibomb

Levi#1147 on EU and NA.

may be I'm see it wrong, but I feel that being mad at it is like being mad at someone checking a video of one of your playthroughs without leaving a comment..

it's not like you are doing something so private

This was an insane match

lvEd5Ow.png

Started with secret keepers on both ends which is always tough to play and when I eventually was behind due to my top end taking its time, I heal for 20 from forbidden healing then another 8 from Lightlord, then I topdeck sludge belcher, sludgebelcher, tyrion in short succession all the while NZoth in hand. In the end it just came down to 2 damage / 1 attacker for me to lose. Very well played by my opponent I must say.

there is nothing that can reach the potential of this card, the fact that you can play this card in a situation where you lose with literally every other card in the game and it just casts you a million spells and can turn that can't win into a can't lose is kind of fucking stupid. You want to talk about fun and interactive? fun and interactive is one card that coin flips an entire fucking game you thought you won.
Timmies love it, though.

fuck timmy.
Hahaha. Well, as Dahbomb says, this is the game you play.

That said, I've encountered ~30 Yoggs, and not one has done anything noteworthy to the state of the game. He's been 10 wasted mana every time I see him. One day he'll flip the game on me, but I'll remember the other 30 that cast a bunch of spells without targets or buffed my minions.

clav

Doesn't really matter as it's the quality of cards you get either makes you win or lose.

Had one game with Warrior who had Brawl, Ragnaros the Lightlord, Ragnaros, and Tirion.

My cards were shit.

Levi

Banned
may be I'm see it wrong, but I feel that being mad at it is like being mad at someone checking a video of one of your playthroughs without leaving a comment..

it's not like you are doing something so private

It's my friends list. If they can't be arsed to write me a 2 letter response they aren't my friend.

Dahbomb

Hahaha. Well, as Dahbomb says, this is the game you play.

That said, I've encountered ~30 Yoggs, and not one has done anything noteworthy to the state of the game. He's been 10 wasted mana every time I see him. One day he'll flip the game on me, but I'll remember the other 30 that cast a bunch of spells without targets or buffed my minions.
Oh don't worry, you will still remember the one time where Yogg was played and it was the only way they could've come back in the game and then they win from it.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Oh don't worry, you will still remember the one time where Yogg was played and it was the only way they could've come back in the game and then they win from it.

All you guys talking about that Mythical time that Yogg wrecked you? Here it is, it happened to me.

I was playing Token Druid and was doing not bad. Opponent was Tempo (?) Mage or I dunno, some kinda mage that had lots of spells and Yogg. We were trading back and forth and I had finally established a board with a Savage Roar in Hand. He had a couple cards and then slams Yogg, while I have about 5dmg over lethal in hand.

Yogg gives him a secret (Iceblock), and then CALL OF THE WILD. It does some other irrelevant stuff too like buff one of my guys' attack, give him a couple cards and something else that didn't matter. The extra turn and Huffer gave him enough damage to kill me over the extra turns he got for free from Yogg. Such bullshit. Won game into lost game.

Dahbomb

I already had that mythical Yogg game. I wasn't even mad.

I do think people use Yogg improperly. Card isn't that good when you use like 20 spells but it's much better with like 4-5 spells while in a losing position. Then again people who play Yogg don't play to win, they play to have fun.

Levi

Banned
Had a Warlock daily today so I broke out the zoo list I was tinkering with. Oh my gosh, it's so powerful. I'm winning games I'm very disadvantaged it with ridiculous top decks. It feels good putting the questions on the board for once, instead of being forced to always find an answer for my opponents plays.

Zoo isn't my preferred way to play the game, but it is my favorite style of "fast" deck.

TIL that Addled Grizzly (give a summoned minion +1/1) and Steward of Darkshire (give a 1 health minion Divine Shield) don't stack because the 1-health minion becomes 2-health first. I guess you have to play the Steward first but you'll lose the Grizzly buff on the Steward.

I combo'ed it with Forbidden Ritual at 10 mana for 4 tentacles.

squidyj

I already had that mythical Yogg game. I wasn't even mad.

I do think people use Yogg improperly. Card isn't that good when you use like 20 spells but it's much better with like 4-5 spells while in a losing position. Then again people who play Yogg don't play to win, they play to have fun.

it's pretty great at 20 spells. but it always needs to be held until you're losing, neve ryogg when you're ahead. More spells = more chances to roll for board clear, healing, card draw, damage, etc. More spells gets you more like mean yogg value as each individual spell roll becomes less of an issue. If you only cast 4-5 spells you're REALLY praying to rngesus.

Tempo Mage
Miracle Rogue

Both decks cast a bunch of spells and really only need to find the space for one yogg as an oh shit mechanic. You can literally run the deck as is and find one slot to swap a yogg in and it can save games. Might be tough to slot into miracle.

Then there's Yogg druid which is the same idea, it's sort of like miracle, a lot of spells, draw through your deck into combos and then if everything still goes tits up cast yogg and maybe somehow still win the game.

Then there

Dahbomb

By the time you have a 20 spell Yogg, the game is going into the late stage and at that point more card draw is a liability.

You don't need a 20 spell Yogg to clear board, much fewer spells accomplish that and once a board is cleared that means there's more chance of whiffed/useless spells plus a dead Yogg (though you expect Yogg to die in 90% of cases anyway). Maybe you could've won if the Siphon Soul/Shadow Flame hit a valid target etc.

I don't deny that you can use Yogg in Tempo Mage as a hail mary comeback mechanic, in fact that's more of an appropriate use of Yogg than the 20 spell deck + Brann + Yogg decks you see some streamers try to play.

By the time you have a 20 spell Yogg, the game is going into the late stage and at that point more card draw is a liability.

You don't need a 20 spell Yogg to clear board, much fewer spells accomplish that and once a board is cleared that means there's more chance of whiffed/useless spells plus a dead Yogg (though you expect Yogg to die in 90% of cases anyway). Maybe you could've won if the Siphon Soul/Shadow Flame hit a valid target etc.

I don't deny that you can use Yogg in Tempo Mage as a hail mary comeback mechanic, in fact that's more of an appropriate use of Yogg than the 20 spell deck + Brann + Yogg decks you see some streamers try to play.

Yeah that's how I like to use him in my shitty mage deck, in 90% of games he just sits in hand and once in a while when I need a miracle I play him and see what happens. Worst case you lose a game that you weren't going to win anyway.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Leeroy is basically the last big charge minion left in the game that isn't a Warrior card (I still don't understand why Warrior gets a 10 dmg charge but w/e). He's very viable atm simply because there is basically no burst damage in the game outside of Class specific cards. So decks looking for burst will happily pick Leeroy for that extra dmg to get lethal. He's pretty good at that (as long as they don't have a taunt).

Levi

Banned
If Divine Favor was a warrior card, Warrior would be the best face deck in the game. I played around with an aggresive pirate warrior list and unless Finley gives you Lifetap you're really reliant on topdecks to close out games.

If Divine Favor was a warrior card, Warrior would be the best face deck in the game. I played around with an aggresive pirate warrior list and unless Finley gives you Lifetap you're really reliant on topdecks to close out games.
It would probably be the best deck in the game period. My winrate with it is already <50%. If you get one of those sick 8/3 Arcanite Reapers, it's pretty much over.

well the card would just kill control and combo altogether if it were clasic.

Levi

Banned
It would probably be the best deck in the game period. My winrate with it is already <50%. If you get one of those sick 8/3 Arcanite Reapers, it's pretty much over.

With so few taunts in the game, yeah. Add in Mortal Strike and Heroic Strike and you're pushing lethal damage very quickly.

I beat an Aggro Pirate Warrior earlier today who attacked face with his Arcanite AND THEN cast Heroic Strike. Once he realized he couldn't attack *again* with his hero he conceded. One of the easiest decks in the game to pilot and he still figured out how to misplay.

Top Bottom