• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Dahbomb

Face decks basically keep tempo and midrange in check and give control decks an archetype to beat up. So Secret Paladin and Midrange Druid would just be even more dominant than they are now.
Exactly. They also keep Combo decks in check.

They are an essential part of card games. A check and balance if you will.

Apathy

How can a Priest main even complain about face decks? lol

Oh i didn't know you played the priest version that healed for 20 each turn, my bad. Even hoping to get double deathlord to stop them, hey, they just always have owl in their hand

Face decks basically keep tempo and midrange in check and give control decks an archetype to beat up. So Secret Paladin and Midrange Druid would just be even more dominant than they are now.

I'd rather face secret paladins or druids over face decks any day. Specially since I've gotten really good at stopping secret paladins.

Acerac

Banned
Oh it should happen. Rather it be midrange and up. Requires no skill to dump your hand out every turn cause you don't curve higher than 5.

Hate every face deck. And I mean face, not zoo.

I find stuff like control priest or patron warrior easier to win with than agro shaman, secret paly, or any of the other decks many cite as brainless.

I think something is wrong with me.

Oh i didn't know you played the priest version that healed for 20 each turn, my bad. Even hoping to get double deathlord to stop them, hey, they just always have owl in their hand

I'd rather face secret paladins or druids over face decks any day. Specially since I've gotten really good at stopping secret paladins.
In case you aren't aware, Priest has a strong advantage against face decks.

Apathy

shaman looks like to be the next most hated class, I already hate face shaman as is...

well they still got a lot of other class cards to reveal, I'm sure they'll give paladins more things to make us hate them, or mages with a new rng "corrupted" portal

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
This is me about 2 hours after Blizzard shows a card.

N6UBkWI.gif

"BLIZZARD! I NEED ANOTHER CUP!"

Ikkarus

I really want to see Kibler's card reveal but I'm more than satisfied with the cards being revealed at the moment especially the shaman cards.

peakish

Wow, never met so many dragon decks on the ladder until now that I made one. Dragon priests, dragon paladins, even a dragon druid just now. Better than running into the same decks every time, but did everyone get Ysera in the recent brawl, lol?

well they still got a lot of other class cards to reveal, I'm sure they'll give paladins more things to make us hate them, or mages with a new rng "corrupted" portal

corrupted portal:
add a random legendary minion to your hand (it costs 1 more)

also i don't understand why secret keeper isn't just a paladin class card. i guess maybe a hunter could keep it around for a turn with snipe or freezing trap or something but those would be such a waste of a turn 2 that they would basically never be decent plays

I don't think face decks are as brainless as people think. They just tend to have fewer options once they start running out of cards.

face decks aren't brainless at all, in many cases they require even more strategy than many of the popular decks. tempo is generally more mindless since you're just slapping down on curve minions. something like face hunter actually requires a pilot who knows exactly when he's planning on winning (totally different vs a priest vs a renolock vs a zoo etc) and uses his hand efficiently. a crap face hunter player will either run out of cards, or will end up with too many in hand. or mulligan poorly for the matchup. or won't know the meta at his range making him mulligan for say (easy example) renolock when his rank is more full of zoolock.

aggro shaman is a little more brainless because the hero power is very poor compared to face pally or hunter for instance but its also heavily influenced by mulligan and playing overload correctly. honestly the most brainless face decks in the game involve druid and pally (i'd argue their style of play is the most brainless regardless of deck type, you can slap together anything you want in druid with combo and be decent, and pally has an obscene amount of OP cards available atm)

i've taken aggro priest to single digit ranks, there's a lot more to face decks than meets the eye. hell mind games (not the card) can win you 10% of games alone. nothing better than having a snake trap out with an empty board on your side versus a zoolock who has a whole side full of 2 health minions, spamming 'my apologies', then watching him pass on his turn when he could have done mad damage.

jgminto

I've got serious respect for a Face Hunter player that can keep up against a Control Priest or Warrior. Less so for Aggro Shaman since their amount of burst is insane but both of those take more skill than Secret Pally.

fertygo

If Secret Paladin player not met their curve most of time you can see how bad they're, bad misplay or confused when opponent made unusual play to play around their trap..

their play that goddamn consistent that made them hard to beat, you pretty much fucked if not drawing high hp minion of your choice in turn 1-2

Pretty much the match is about surviving 2 wave of avenge

Pachimari

So we got 27 members in the Discord channel, but only I am online currently. What card can make me summon more gaffers to the Discord board?

Apathy

Seems there was a clarification on reddit about the evolution card. The battlecry won't be go off on a molten giant. So you can't heal it up.

If Secret Paladin player not met their curve most of time you can see how bad they're, bad misplay or confused when opponent made unusual play to play around their trap..

their play that goddamn consistent that made them hard to beat, you pretty much fucked if not drawing high hp minion of your choice in turn 1-2

Pretty much the match is about surviving 2 wave of avenge
Last night while playing Patron Warrior, I had TWO Secret Paladin players try to counter Grim Patron by using Juggler + Muster.

Tarazet

I've got serious respect for a Face Hunter player that can keep up against a Control Priest or Warrior. Less so for Aggro Shaman since their amount of burst is insane but both of those take more skill than Secret Pally.

Yeah, any difficulty that Shaman players encounter with awkward Overload curves is pretty well countered by the fact they almost never have a dead hand, and their early curve is equally as ridiculous as Paladin's while being more flexible.

I've been playing that deck to deal with the rough early-season meta, and I swapped out one Ancestral Knowledge for a Bloodmage Thalnos to get even more reach. Seems pretty legit. But ladder doesn't know if it wants to go midrange, aggro, or control right now. Seeing a pretty decent mix of everything. For all the shitting people do on the meta as-is, it seems healthy to me that you can have all the cards to play the top meta decks and still get outplayed. Knife Juggler is pretty irritating, but he's an anti-aggro tool so I have to respect that.

Apathy

According to the hearthstone Twitter account, if you silence the 1/1 copies herald volazj makes they get their original stats back

This card is all over the place

V-Faction

According to the hearthstone Twitter account, if you silence the 1/1 copies herald volazj makes they get their original stats back

This card is all over the place

That actually makes sense and something I was predicting. There's no 1/1 equivalent to every minion in the game. The copies aren't transformations but simply the same cards with a new coat of paint layer on top.

ZealousD

You know looking closer at that Sylvester gif I never noticed he was such a chain smoker. Dude's got like 5 cigarettes in his mouth.

ZealousD

Lol did you miss all the other ones in the ashtray?

I never really paid attention to the gif aside from the coffee. But yeah when I looked closer I saw all the ones on the table and in his mouth.

Apathy

I never really paid attention to the gif aside from the coffee. But yeah when I looked closer I saw all the ones on the table and in his mouth.

Old cartoons are the best, so much stuff they can't get away with anymore.

Hell, pepe le pew is a straight up rapist.

Heropon

It feels so good watching a Druid waste their combo against Al'Akir. I love Shaman sometimes, the other times the opponent is usually secret paladin and I feel like scratching the furniture.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
This Brawl has made me realize the Corrupted Hogger really is going to end up as the Boom of this Expansion. He is looking like he will be the strongest Neutral 7 drop.

Currently, the other other Standard legal Neutral 7 drops are Baron Geddon, Captured Jormungar, Core Hound, Chillmaw, Ravenholdt Assassin, Rend Blackhand, Skycap'n Kragg, Stormwind Champion, and War Golem. So you got Baron Geddon, who sort of only works in control, two tech cards for dragon decks, and a ton of poorly stated shit.

What are all the infinite value cards in this game? I really enjoy playing decks that try and abuse these features, like Explorer's Hat, Obsidian Destroyer, and the upcoming Tentacles for Arms.

Enemy minions only

Wailing soul in wild though

Or just run silence
I want a full board silence.

This Brawl has made me realize the Corrupted Hogger really is going to end up as the Boom of this Expansion. He is looking like he will be the strongest Neutral 7 drop.

Currently, the other other Standard legal Neutral 7 drops are Baron Geddon, Captured Jormungar, Core Hound, Chillmaw, Ravenholdt Assassin, Rend Blackhand, Skycap'n Kragg, Stormwind Champion, and War Golem. So you got Baron Geddon, who sort of only works in control, two tech cards for dragon decks, and a ton of poorly stated shit.
Ravenholdt Assassin should be able to bypass taunts or something.

Top Bottom