• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Pooya

why they are so many hunters suddenly. I even get super lucky face warriors, like that deck draws like that only against me.

Apathy

What are all the infinite value cards in this game? I really enjoy playing decks that try and abuse these features, like Explorer's Hat, Obsidian Destroyer, and the upcoming Tentacles for Arms.

I want a full board silence.

Ravenholdt Assassin should be able to bypass taunts or something.

Anub, malorne

FeD.nL

I was kinda let down how flavourless and uninspired the Old Gods are. Well C'thun is okay but I really expected more from the others. So since it's weekend I made an alternate Y'Shaarj that functions the same but is more flavourful.

tVmMGEG.png
2d4NHAY.png

m9P83NT.png
du54b0W.png

zFmkbDu.png
u4mEwmD.png

uXASTvD.png
PUTtChQ.png

9lOhnOa.png
ZZpMufP.png

GZWIcec.png
uDXcmJ4.png

Attempted to at least make the card more flavourful and have the Sha's affect their God.

ViviOggi

There's no relevant synergies with Anub'Arak except for pulling him from Monkey so you don't have to play a gimped Rogue deck. His single purpose is to rekt CWs because they cannot answer him and games against them can actually go to turn 9.

There's no relevant synergies with Anub'Arak except for pulling him from Monkey so you don't have to play a gimped Rogue deck. His single purpose is to rekt CWs because they cannot answer him and games against them can actually go to turn 9.

I've gotten unearthed raptor synergy with anubarak. It creates an endless cycle of raptors, 4/4s, and anub's. lol

why they are so many hunters suddenly. I even get super lucky face warriors, like that deck draws like that only against me.

enjoying the last days of mad scientist, glave, leper gnome, creeper, and knife juggler. the face hunter archetype is going to change a lot next month. esp since none of the shown cards for the new expansion seem to be face. plus with mad sci gone the secrets take a huge hit as well. i guess explosive trap is sort of still worth it but hounds and snake might be more trash depending how knife juggs gets nerfed. i guess bear trap is a little more enticing solely because the whole deck is being watered down, bad news overall though so far i think

honestly the deck might only see competitive play in wild with all of those cards gone or nerfed, and leper/knife nerfed means it will be even weaker in wild unless there's some good stuff hidden in this new expansion

meanwhile aggro shaman is literally losing only one card. you're going to see a lot more of that deck after the update, ugh. i find it a lot more boring to play than FH, although i guess it has more tech choices you can choose from, but not many.

Apathy

I was kinda let down how flavourless and uninspired the Old Gods are. Well C'thun is okay but I really expected more from the others. So since it's weekend I made an alternate Y'Shaarj that functions the same but is more flavourful.

Attempted to at least make the card more flavourful and have the Sha's affect their God.
So wait, your 10 cost sha is an instant win?
Actually nvm, it's just a more powerful malganis

huh.. seems I found my go to decks for this season

MidRange Pally is beast I gotta say! :D moved up like 3 ranks currently at 17.

Anyfin from last season was actually great for me except I made a lot of mistakes that just cost me games against aggro decks

Control Warrior is still my fave deck so far. Love stacking that armor but it's all base largely on decision making and bluffs with the war axe early on and also learning to armor up each turn by turn 4 and so forth.

RenoBursLock; this deck is 50/50 in my opinion. I just gotta mulligan smarter. and Reno really fucks a lot of aggro decks especially face hunters

I think I might have picked the damage option from archthief rafaam only once before. And this time I chose because I thought I could damage down this warlock with a weapon, but he kept hovering 1-2 damage out of range. At one point he finally manages to get 3 minions on board, and this is after reno so that option was getting worse and worse anyway, and I use the thing and 6 hits go to face....

Luckily he was playing a reno jackson/elise deck and it just lost to itself. He was like 5-6 cards ahead of me in draw, in fatigue with 3 cards... He conceded. I was barely even damaged with at least 1 more keeper of uldaman in deck.

Dahbomb

What are all the infinite value cards in this game? I really enjoy playing decks that try and abuse these features, like Explorer's Hat, Obsidian Destroyer, and the upcoming Tentacles for Arms.
Hogger
Ysera
Dreadsteed
Lock n Load (pseudo infinite, it's possible that you can keep getting Hunter's Mark)
Poison Blade
Most Inspire based minions that generate something:
: Saraad, Kodorider, Siverhand Regent, Murloc Knight, Confessor Paeltress etc.
Anubarak
Malorne
Skeleton Knight (if it wins every Joust AYY LMAO!)
Imp Master in Priest (keep healing and it will it always spawn a Imp)
Deal damage at end of turn minions:
Ragnaros, Demolisher etc.
Holy Champion, Gruul and Light Warden (infinite scaling of attack).
Antonidas (Fireballs infinitely create Fireballs)
Illuminator, Lightwell (infinite healing as long as they are alive or meet the condition)

peakish

Really fun laddering tonight, I've seen tons of variation in decks. The only recurring one that sticks to mind is mech mage, which I have like a 90% win ratio against with my current deck so keep those coming, hah.

Even saw a Justicar Druid, which was cool.

manhack

Secret paladin with perfect start into mysterious challenger. Before conceding I decide to try and take out his piloted shredder. Doomsayer drops and all is right in the world.

Typical example of some of the most overpowered card being super strong or losing you the game, but you have to run them because on average they are so good.

Nachos

Just started playing about two weeks ago, and I'm having a lot of fun. I do have a question: I know people here are saving up gold for the new expansion, but would it be a good idea to start investing in it once it launches? So far I've just been focusing on some core classic cards to round out my deck without fear of them losing relevance. I don't know how much of a step up cards from other packs are, though.

Don't have any friends that play hearthstone anymore and got the spectator quest, can I add anyone to watch?
I just got the quest myself and don't have anyone around me who plays. Wanna swap info? I'm Parkreiner#1852.

Owzers

Just started playing about two weeks ago, and I'm having a lot of fun. I do have a question: I know people here are saving up gold for the new expansion, but would it be a good idea to start investing in it once it launches? So far I've just been focusing on some core classic cards to round out my deck without fear of them losing relevance. I don't know how much of a step up cards from other packs are, though.

I just got the quest myself and don't have anyone around me who plays. Wanna swap info? I'm Parkreiner#1852.

i'd invest in classic packs until you start filling out the commons/rares, then migrate over to old gods perhaps. Ideally you don't want to ever waste 40 dust crafting a common.

manhack

just saw this: I think it is because the rise of zoo has made face hunter a decent choice for laddering again. Warrior, Priest and face shaman are a bit rough, Reno decks are a crap shoot, but it does well enough against Paladin, zoo and druid to be viable for quick laddering.

manhack

Tomb spider giving you a tomb spider is such a great feeling. Add that to the list of "infinite value" cards.

I think I saw Kripp do tomb spider, tomb spider, jeweled scarab.

That is approaching Piloted sky golem, piloted shredder, Millhouse shenanigans

Getting back I tot his game. Finished league of adventures and am working on a Reno warrior deck.

Black rock is going to be in standard right?

Game is damn fun

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Am I the only one who wishes there was a way to turn off golden heroes? I think the gold tray and hero power look overly gaudy.

Eddie Bax

Got 1st turn raven idol, discovered a Dr. 7, had coin and innervate in hand. Drew 2nd innervate on turn 2. Lived the dream!

...still lost. :(

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think I'm really bad at using Jaraxxus. Being stuck at 15HP makes me feel really vulnerable, and usually I want to try and get the max value out of the Molten Giants.

Moonlight

Banned
Two Musters for Battle just won me a game, and I wasn't even the one playing Paladin, lol. Dude overwrote the second charge on his Truesilver with his first one, then on the second broke his Ashbringer without even using it. He wasn't even about to lose, but he just conceded out of shame.

It's possible they shut off the purchase-ability before the launch of the expansion. I think this is a sign that the expansion is not coming out before the 26th, but could still come out afterwards.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Warrior loses his weapon if he uses hero power or something? I keep on randomly losing my gorehound with like 5 attack left on it.

NM didn't read card text correctly.

Top Bottom