• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

peakish

Jesus christ, my last pack was Ysera and now

hearthstonescreenshotvkqom.png

Someone at Blizzard must have a crush~ Justicar next, thank you!

Apathy

I think I'm really bad at using Jaraxxus. Being stuck at 15HP makes me feel really vulnerable, and usually I want to try and get the max value out of the Molten Giants.

Well it's a ticking time bomb between you and your opponent. You need to pressure with your 3 damage weapon and with 6/6 infernals every turn.

Apathy

I had to let a Rogue keep his alive for 3 turns.. because he concealed it twice in a row. The miracle turn never came and I still stomped him.

Plot twist, he only had backstabs,conceals, and preps in hand :D

I was watching amnesiac play yesterday, and man does he ever hate renolock .

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Forsen is taking a break from HS til the next expansion.
I think it's a good call, Reynad should also take a break before burnin' out

Dre

Thank you so much for mentioning the pity counter thing.

I realised it had been ages since I got a GvG legendary so I thought I'd buy one more pack. I got Mal'ganis! WOO :D

I know he's going out of standard, but Warlock is my main class and I've wanted Mal'ganis for ages!

Your post actually inspired me to do the same today because like you I hadn't opened a GvG legendary in ages and I got Iron Juggernaut. Not that great of a card but it could be useful in future Tavern Brawls who knows.

Man thijsHSand his astral deck is so good right now ... i can't imagine someone starting from rank 20 playing this. Tempted though .....

Yeah, as Acerac, rank 20 is the best place to experiment mid month. I feel like most decks are still loosely net decked, but people either don't know the exact ways to play optimally or are missing a few key cards.

I always feel guilty though. Sometimes I'm playing a deck with a lot of strong cards against people who have to play with things like Goldshire Footman and Gurubashi Berserker. Here I am, being the jerkface who crushes a new player's Hearthstone dreams.

Acerac

Banned
I always feel guilty though. Sometimes I'm playing a deck with a lot of strong cards against people who have to play with things like Goldshire Footman and Gurubashi Berserker. Here I am, being the jerkface who crushes a new player's Hearthstone dreams.

I recently got my boyfriend back in to the game by crafting him a mysterious challenger deck. It had been a while since he had last played, so he was rank 25.

I felt so bad watching those first few matches.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
That's just another example of why the current ladder system sucks and should be completely overhauled. Dropping high level players back to low ranks every month is unfair to new players. Let the low ranks be for the lowly ranked, and let them build their way up against even competition.

I recently got my boyfriend back in to the game by crafting him a mysterious challenger deck. It had been a while since he had last played, so he was rank 25.

I felt so bad watching those first few matches.
Those poor, innocent noobs!

I really have no idea how new players actually stick with this garbage

The same reason why everyone here who hates the game keeps playing, it's still fun to just play. I remember either talking to someone who worked on the game or hearing from a streamer who said something along the lines of, 'Even when you're getting destroyed, it's still fun to just play out cards.'

If the game didn't feel fun to play and the presentation wasn't there, it would not be as popular as it is now.

Like the ones you basically get from doing achievements? :p

They should make the achievements more transparent though... and not hidden.
No, in addition to those.

Add more achievements.

Add more daily goals.

Add more features and ways for people to get periodic rewards (where is my two-headed giant mode, Blizzard?!).

Pooya

The game needs a mode where it's not about beating each other. 1v1 will always be hard to get into for new players, for any game really.

Dre

So Forsen is taking a break from Hearthstone. I wonder if he'll stay strong or revert back before Standard/WotOG hits.

IvorB

Hey guys, I've just downloaded this on my mac and playing around with it. Trying to keep things free for now. What's the best way to unlock some good cards? I've unlocked the basic deck that I'm using and I've got a bit of gold so what should I do with it? Should I just buy packs or should I save up for the single player adventures?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Hey guys, I've just downloaded this on my mac and playing around with it. Trying to keep things free for now. What's the best way to unlock some good cards? I've unlocked the basic deck that I'm using and I've got a bit of gold so what should I do with it? Should I just buy packs or should I save up for the single player adventures?

Buy Classic packs with your gold at first. The cards will always be relevant and you'll get better stuff than you have now. If you remain absolutely committed to never spending any money you can save up for adventures later, but I wouldn't recommend using your gold that way. If you like the game it's worth paying for the adventures and using gold for packs.

Magnus

It's still fun pointing an 8 attack minion to face and seeing the screen shake violently.

Blizzard nailed the feel of the game. The dust that kicks up when a big hit happens or when a minion lands on the board. The effects that go off on a board when something cool happens. The various sound effects that accompany spell effects and legendary minions. The voice overs and other yells/screams/battle cries when cards do their thing. They nailed it. It really is fun to just watch and hear matches unfold. Huge part of the success of this game.

If they streamline the Collection interface further (Recipes and 18 deck slots were huge gains - more of that please, in a cleaner/sortable UI!), add at least one more game mode like Tavern Brawl, add in more Easter eggs/discoverable goodies on a regular basis (more achievements!) and keep new cards/adventures coming at the same pace (or faster!) this game'll soar for years IMO.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Absolutely. Hearthstone spoiled me for other digital card games. Boot up anything else whether it's Spellweaver, Solforge, Magic Duels, Duelyst, Eternal (judging by videos) and they just feel horrible by comparison. Hearthstone is slick as hell in almost every aspect of the presentation.

Dre

At 700 gold it's expensive for new players, but I would at least unlock the first wing of Naxxramas for future use.
In 4-5 weeks Standard mode will hit and the Naxxramas cards will rotate out and only be playable in Wild format. The adventure will vanish from the shop and you won't be able to get those cards with gold/real money anymore. Some of them are really good and it would suck to waste so much dust on them.

Absolutely. Hearthstone spoiled me for other digital card games. Boot up anything else whether it's Spellweaver, Solforge, Magic Duels, Duelyst, Eternal (judging by videos) and they just feel horrible by comparison. Hearthstone is slick as hell in almost every aspect of the presentation.

Wow, I am looking these up, and why do Spellweaver and Magic Duels use that horrific camera perspective?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Wow, I am looking these up, and why do Spellweaver and Magic Duels use that horrific camera perspective?

I'd guess it's because of the need for a wider angle to show a lot more stuff on the board, but I'm not sure.

It's a shame Magic Duels isn't better. It's improved a ton from when it launched and I still play, but it doesn't measure up. Shame because Magic as a game is orders of magnitude better than Hearthstone.

No new card for a whole day and I feel withdrawal. :-O

I'd guess it's because of the need for a wider angle to show a lot more stuff on the board, but I'm not sure.

It's a shame Magic Duels isn't better. It's improved a ton from when it launched and I still play, but it doesn't measure up. Shame because Magic as a game is orders of magnitude better than Hearthstone.
Dahbomb told me that it takes much, much longer to grind Magic Duels packs, which is why I haven't even bothered. How do they handle things like Counterspell in Magic Duels?

I REALLY like how Duelyst lets you cycle a card each turn to prevent bad hands.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Dahbomb told me that it takes much, much longer to grind Magic Duels packs, which is why I haven't even bothered.

I'm guessing that was before a couple weeks ago when they significantly boosted the gold gain rate. Quests used to offer like 20-60 gold and now are 60-100.

Rockyrock

just finished a mage arena run at 3-3 because some dude top decked my 11/12 on the board when he was staring down lethal.

screw this, never playing this game again!

*opens arena pack*

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-03%20at%204.52.12%20PM_zpshvndb0ss.png

Top Bottom