• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Malice215

That Shaman card is more interesting than these old gods. I like it.

I also like the direction they're going in with these class specific minion cards. Hopefully it works out.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The really sad part about Master of Evolution is that it still has anti synergy with Overload.

Biblethump

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Blizz seems to not want every class to play the same neutral minions in every deck anymore so they just make the neutrals situational and make the strong minions exclusive to their respective classes. We'll see how this actually pans out.
Yes, they've been explicitly signaling this for a while.

StayDead

Thank you so much for mentioning the pity counter thing.

I realised it had been ages since I got a GvG legendary so I thought I'd buy one more pack. I got Mal'ganis! WOO :D

I know he's going out of standard, but Warlock is my main class and I've wanted Mal'ganis for ages!

greepoman

Keeper is also unfair as fuck, theres no point in comparing any card to that broken mess, lets compare it to actual fair cards.

Yeah keeper of uld is going to be so annoying in a slower meta...every pally will run 2 ...basically gonna be the bgh problem all over except it works on all all big dudes. What was blizz thinking? They already had great tools like aldor and equality. Sorta like giving lock more draw with dark peddler and DOOM.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Blizz seems to not want every class to play the same neutral minions in every deck anymore so they just make the neutrals situational and make the strong minions exclusive to their respective classes. We'll see how this actually pans out.

Of course now this means when multiple classes need the same tool they'll have to design separate cards to serve as that tool for each class. And they'll be in trouble if certain tools don't fit a class thematically.

Like, rogue is in desperate need of a strong healing tool. Blizzard probably won't give it to them because healing doesn't fit Rogue thematically at all. So Rogues will be throwing in ERF's into their decks from now until the end of time.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Of course now this means when multiple classes need the same tool they'll have to design separate cards to serve as that tool for each class. And they'll be in trouble if certain tools don't fit a class thematically.

Like, rogue is in desperate need of a strong healing tool. Blizzard probably won't give it to them because healing doesn't fit Rogue thematically at all. So Rogues will be throwing in ERF's into their decks from now until the end of time.

Some classes are meant to just not have a tool.

Still hard to believe those new Shaman cards are real. Master of Evolution is more than I ever could have expected for Shaman so I'm pretty happy.

Three cards revealed for the class and all of them are decent at the very least. Can't wait to see what else Blizzard came up with. Maybe Shaman will finally get a decent weapon?

Though I do wonder if Shaman is pretty much getting the GvG Paladin treatment and a year from now it's going to be despised just he same way Paladin is.

ZealousD

Found in the April Fools patch notes for WoW.

The /laugh voiceover audio for all races has been replaced with a recording of Ben Brode. Including the Gnome Female. Especially the Gnome Female.

Apathy

Funny you say that, cause Blizzard did give rogues some healing in cataclysm

This is what I want. Individual silence options. Give Owl to Hunter, Spellbreaker to Mage or Paladin.

Apathy

Really? Did they remove First Aid from the game or something?

Nope, first aid is still in, they just gave them healing. Don't ask me, it somehow fits the fantasy. SO there is a slight possibility that hearthstone gives rogues a heal (in wow it's small).

They could give rogues a weapon that heals. That probably fits "lore" just fine. There are hundreds of weapons in WOW, I am betting one heals on hit and rogue can use. Just saying ;)

They could give rogues a weapon that heals. That probably fits "lore" just fine. There are hundreds of weapons in WOW, I am betting one heals on hit and rogue can use. Just saying ;)
kyfZ6SZ.png
One of my favorite looking axes in the game.

JesseZao

Just got invited to the battle.net alpha which adds voice chat to the desktop client. Anyone else get this? Maybe they'll finally get voice chat right after failing with WoW.

Not April Fools.

All of a sudden I am seeing hunter on ladder. Got rekt by my homebrew control paladin though.

One of my favorite looking axes in the game.

Even I know rogues can't use axes!

I think.

Just got invited to the battle.net alpha which adds voice chat to the desktop client. Anyone else get this? Maybe they'll finally get voice chat right after failing with WoW.

Not April Fools.

I read about it but why would one use this over other PC VOIPs that are popular like teamspeak or mumble. I guess it kinda makes sense if you don't have a server...

I forgot when, but they added Axes into Rogue's arsenal at some point. I think it was Wrath because I remember using them in TotGC. For the most part, they function the same as sword.

That's news to me. Always seemed odd that they could use them.

Every expansion for HS I hope for a nice new weapon for rogue... every expansion I am burned.

That's news to me. Always seemed odd that they could use them.

Every expansion for HS I hope for a nice new weapon for rogue... every expansion I am burned.

I keep hoping for some new and interesting weapons too, something like Sword of Justice where it's used more for than just hitting stuff with your face.

But so far, nothing too interesting has really come up. Coghammer was kind of cool I suppose.

Dahbomb

As I mentioned, someone got around to making the evolution table

http://imgur.com/u7PYqAw

The jump from 3 to 4 is pretty good, so it looks like the shaman meta is upon us

Kappa
It's going to be insane when you play a Tuskar Totemic, get a healing Totem or a Mana Totem and then play this card on that Totem.

Or you play it on Tuskar Totemic which still counts as a 3 mana body.

I was late to comment on this but this card is quite insane. Though I am not sure why they needed to give Shaman yet another 4 drop.

JesseZao

All of a sudden I am seeing hunter on ladder. Got rekt by my homebrew control paladin though.

Even I know rogues can't use axes!

I think.

I read about it but why would one use this over other PC VOIPs that are popular like teamspeak or mumble. I guess it kinda makes sense if you don't have a server...

Less programs and more streamlined to start/join since it's built in. I agree that most built-in voice solutions fail to perform better than existing services. That said, if it works well, it would be easier to get my more casual friends to use it than it would be/is to suggest using mumble/discord.

Hycran

Banned
It's going to be insane when you play a Tuskar Totemic, get a healing Totem or a Mana Totem and then play this card on that Totem.

Or you play it on Tuskar Totemic which still counts as a 3 mana body.

I was late to comment on this but this card is quite insane. Though I am not sure why they needed to give Shaman yet another 4 drop.

The other 4 drop cards seem to belong to other archetypes. This and Fireguard are probably the only truly viable 4 drops, so having two when you consider paladin has 8000 seems reasonable.

As for tuskar totemic, if he drops a totem golem, you would get a favourable trade and the ability to morph it into a three drop, the value is unreal...

V-Faction

Though I do wonder if Shaman is pretty much getting the GvG Paladin treatment and a year from now it's going to be despised just he same way Paladin is.

Feh, let them despise it, I say. They already hate Aggro Shaman, despite being the only viable deck they've had in years when the majority of classes have at least 2 tournament-viable decks.

Speaking on that note, the new Shaman cards have gotten me so excited. I couldn't help myself -- I went ahead and conjured up some fakies that have been sitting on a doc of mine just because I wasn't able to hold back any more. Here's some card ideas I hope might be on the horizon.

jgminto

The new Shaman cards definitely seem promising, what do you guys think Midrange Shaman still needs after these additions?

The new Shaman cards definitely seem promising, what do you guys think Midrange Shaman still needs after these additions?

For other classes not to get their own more broken shit.

For example if Paladin still has divine favor and druid has combo? Well it will still not be good enough.

But it seems a lot closer and a good board clear is the only missing piece. Lightning storm will be a bit better with some death rattles out, but 2 OR 3 is still not going to cut it in the world of 4 health minions.

Yeah... you know shaman have a windfury weapon with 8 swings right? maelstrom weapon would be beyond insanely broken. Over two turns you're pumping out 20 damage from 6 mana.

Also, shaman have had mech shaman, since you mentioned tournament viable deck, for a while.

Feh, let them despise it, I say. They already hate Aggro Shaman, despite being the only viable deck they've had in years when the majority of classes have at least 2 tournament-viable decks.

Speaking on that note, the new Shaman cards have gotten me so excited. I couldn't help myself -- I went ahead and conjured up some fakies that have been sitting on a doc of mine just because I wasn't able to hold back any more. Here's some card ideas I hope might be on the horizon.

Just saying, I dig the ideas of Maelstrom Weapon and Echo of the Elements. I'd like to see more diversity in Shaman stuff considering they have three different specs, it's kind of sad.

A good hero power.

It could stay random, but if Shaman has to deal with a random hero power, everything it summons should be better than the equivalent of other classes. For example, the Searing Totem shouldn't just be equivalent to the Paladin's 1/1. All of the totems need to be improved.

Levi

Banned
Arena gave me GVG packs 2 of the last three games. Fuck me, right?

Golden Toshley, Golden Hemet. What pity timer?!

I'm very close to 20,000 dust if I "push the button" and dust these GVG golds.

I don't remember matches being this difficult last month - is it because people are trying to climb the ladder again?

Can't get a streak going to save my life, but I am building up some Arena gold...

V-Faction

Yeah... you know shaman have a windfury weapon with 8 swings right? maelstrom weapon would be beyond insanely broken. Over two turns you're pumping out 20 damage from 6 mana.

Also, shaman have had mech shaman, since you mentioned tournament viable deck, for a while.

Indeed. They've got a ton of low-Attack/High-durability weapons. You're also still being Overloaded from Doomhammer and all those Lightning Bolts. 6 damage per 2-mana + 2 Overload = a Fireball from Mages. And Mages get Antonidas which is potentially infinite while weapons have durability.

You're right about mech Shaman. I completely forgot.

Apathy

That will never happen.

And it should never happen either.

Oh it should happen. Rather it be midrange and up. Requires no skill to dump your hand out every turn cause you don't curve higher than 5.

Hate every face deck. And I mean face, not zoo.

KuroNeeko

Looking to take a break from Priest and was considering Rogue or Shaman this month.

I think I'll run a standard mid / totem build to get ready for the Shamaissance coming with new the set! Been trying to make totem work forever! "Elements I like...totems I LOVE."

Acerac

Banned
Had consecutive people rage add me after using my silence druid deck. Feels wonderful to whoop on somebody with an unorthodox deck and have them get upset about your win. Sorry I'm not running secret paly or forceroar druid?

My favorite comment was when the one repeatedly called me a child then asked "seriously, do you have any parents?" It threw me off pretty hard, I genuinely didn't expect somebody to use that as evidence that I was a child.

Mulgrok

that tiki fetish is way OP

turn 2 double totem golems followed by turn 3 double totem golems into tuskarr totemic or mana tide for even more totems.

Had consecutive people rage add me after using my silence druid deck. Feels wonderful to whoop on somebody with an unorthodox deck and have them get genuinely upset about your win. Sorry I'm not running secret paly or forceroar druid?

My favorite comment was when the one repeatedly called me a child then asked "seriously, do you have any parents?" It threw me off pretty hard, I genuinely didn't expect somebody to use that as evidence that I was a child.

It's time to STOP, OKAY!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k0SmqbBIpQ

Speaking of stopping, I've been on a steady 50/50 win loss cycle all day. Gonna call it a night, but at least I made it to 19.

ZealousD

Oh it should happen. Rather it be midrange and up. Requires no skill to dump your hand out every turn cause you don't curve higher than 5.

Hate every face deck. And I mean face, not zoo.

Face decks basically keep tempo and midrange in check and give control decks an archetype to beat up. So Secret Paladin and Midrange Druid would just be even more dominant than they are now.

Top Bottom