• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Tips on good budget improvements for this midrange hunter deck? I know i need a second CotW, but that's expensive. I have gotten no value out of the cult master but that could be a result of playing poorly.

WzvYwoF.jpg

Eaglehorn with no Secrets?

While it gets better with Secrets, Eaglehorn is fine as removal, especially with a lot of Aggro decks running around.

However, I would actually look into getting some Traps in there regardless. Freezing or Bear do well last I knew.

Also, my advice for playing Hunter is always count how much damage you have in hand. I always forget and I've missed lethal plenty of times.

Tarazet

While it gets better with Secrets, Eaglehorn is fine as removal, especially with a lot of Aggro decks running around.

However, I would actually look into getting some Traps in there regardless. Freezing or Bear do well last I knew.

Also, my advice for playing Hunter is always count how much damage you have in hand. I always forget and I've missed lethal plenty of times.

In this meta I can't imagine why Explosive Trap isn't used. Just seems like a no-brainer.

fertygo

Starting to think Tempo Warrior isn't tier one either, its pretty damn good against aggro but feel too many bad matchup against midrange deck, its favorable against Shaman, lose to Hunter and C'thun deck, not really shine against heavy Control either
In this meta I can't imagine why Explosive Trap isn't used. Just seems like a no-brainer.

You easily get bad value from Explosive, Freezing is better.. explosive isn't helping much if you swarmed badly anyway

Tips on good budget improvements for this midrange hunter deck? I know i need a second CotW, but that's expensive. I have gotten no value out of the cult sorcerer but that could be a result of playing poorly.

WzvYwoF.jpg

I'm a big fan of deadly shot. I do think it's pretty useful as a removal for big minions like rag and such

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
What are the weak spots to switch out if I want to add some freezing traps or deadly shot? The dwarf and cult master?

Carrion grub only seems good if you can hound master it.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
People are saying this brawl is terrible but I think it's a nice treat for the new and f2p players who may not have many legendaries.

KuroNeeko

Turn 7 Dragonlord.

Opponent kills Dragonlord.

Three Dragonlords and two Nozdormos hit the table...

I think "Offensive Play" + Hogger is still the NUTS.

Tips on good budget improvements for this midrange hunter deck? I know i need a second CotW, but that's expensive. I have gotten no value out of the cult master but that could be a result of playing poorly.

WzvYwoF.jpg
You play Cult Master with Unleash the Hounds and sacrifice all the hounds for card draw. Hold back on your plays until there's a good turn to combo.

Slashlen

Turns out 3x Sylvanas on turn 2 is pretty good.

Had 2 in hand, got the minion reduction on turn 1, drew the third Sylvanas on 2, tapped into second reduction.

Step 1) Set card back to Legend.

Step 2) Use Golden Priest

Step 3) Build a Tempo Priest deck

Step 4) Enjoy all the new friends who add you asking what the hell kind of deck you're playing and is it posted anywhere online.

Step 5) Post that deck on Neogaf:

2x Circle of Healing - Hold for big card draws with northshire, or play it when you can heal a minion by +4 health.
2x Forbidden Shaping - Play it on curve if you have no other options. You want the board so fight for it.

2x PW: S
2x Northshire Cleric - Don't play this on turn 1 unless you are up against aggro or tempo
2x Light Warden - Always play this. On turn 1 it will probably draw removal. If it survives into mid-game it can wreck.

2x SW:p
2x Wild Pyromancer - Hold for a combo vs Zoo or Shaman.
2x Flame Juggler - Always play it.

2x SW:D
2x Injured Blademaster - 4/3 is sometimes good on curve, so don't be afraid to play it. Heal it as much as you can and use him for trades
2x Shattered Sun Cleric - Buff those early drops.

2x Holy Champion - A win condition. If it sticks and you get a good Pyro + Circle Heal combo you can easily win the game.

2x Holy Nova - Typically one of the worst clears in the game. When you actually have a minion on the board left from turns 1 to 4, it is actually really great.

2x Cabal Shadowpriest - Insanely high tempo card. Every popular deck is playing great minions to steal. Bloodhooves, Imp Gang Boss, Argent Squires, and so many more. Take them all.
1x Cairn - This guy fights for the board. You want the board. Use him to fight for it.

1x Ragnaros - This guy finishes up games. You want to finish the game. Use him to finish it.

Been trying this deck out. So far, so good. Very fun!

This Tavern Brawl is absolute shit. Lorewalker Cho + Nat Pagle. What a great help. 3 straight losses because I couldn't get anything that could do damage on the board.

Tarazet

Personally, I'm really enjoying this brawl for some reason.

I'm liking it too. There are some one-sided blowouts, and some cards like Dr. Boom, Kel'thuzad or Tirion are almost guaranteed game winners. But there are also a lot of drawn out strategic epics. It's like a Golden Monkey fight on crack.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I unpacked a King Krush...
I almost forgot he was collectible.
Do I even keep it? I could do with a Malygos. Heck, a Ysera even. I just need more dust. Then again I don't know what Epic he would turn into so probably not a good choice.

I'm liking it too. There are some one-sided blowouts, and some cards like Dr. Boom, Kel'thuzad or Tirion are almost guaranteed game winners. But there are also a lot of drawn out strategic epics. It's like a Golden Monkey fight on crack.

I actually got double gruul value on the game I won. Finally he gets played

Xanathus

I've cut traps completely from my Midrange Hunter list. They're bad for the same reason all secrets were bad prior to Mad Scientist, they're only situationally useful and are tempo losses most of the time. If no one played secrets in any tempo lists prior to Naxxramas, there's no reason to do it now in Standard.

tomasdk

This brawl can be really fucking stupid when I'm getting 7+ mana cards and opponents s can play something almost every turn. I have yet to reach turn 8 before getting killed

Sande

Cool brawl on paper, but in practice it's just a coinflip most of the time. I don't think any other brawl has been this luck based.

scarlet

Grind for what? You getting daily quests every match or something or you got 120 gold now for 10gold every 3 wins?

100 gold for 30 wins.

Quest 40-60, with this brawl I could get 140-160 each day

And in 2 days, I could open up to 3 packs, for a new player like me, it means a lot.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Do the different expansions have separate pity timers? I've never gotten an old gods legendary and probably have around 25 packs opened. It is 40 packs for the pity timer isn't it?

Top Bottom