• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

bjaelke

I got hit with double discount card into two Dr.Booms on turn 2.

Just realised they stacked. Brutal. Almost lived the dream.
KGuTzlL.png

Dahbomb

Tempo storm meta snapshot is out. Which means the entire meta is going to turn into the top 4 decks on that list even though the top 20 decks are completely viable.

Tier 1:
  • Aggro Shaman
  • Control Warrior
  • Tempo Warrior
  • Zoolock

Tier 2:
  • Midrange Shaman
  • Midrange Hunter
  • C'Thun Druid
  • Patron Warrior
  • Miracle Rogue
  • Pirate Warrior
  • Tempo Mage
  • Freeze Mage
  • Yogg Druid
  • Dragon Warrior

Tier 3:
  • N'Zoth Rogue
  • Renolock
  • N'Zoth Paladin
  • C'Thun Warrior
  • Beast Druid
  • Malygos Rogue
  • N'Zoth Priest
  • Ramp Druid
  • Dragon Priest

Tier 4:
  • Control Shaman
  • C'Thun Priest

So Tempostorm is just going to be swapping Aggro Shaman and Midrange Shaman for the foreseeable future?

LMAO @ CW in tier 1. Son please.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
So Tempostorm is just going to be swapping Aggro Shaman and Midrange Shaman for the foreseeable future?

Don't worry. Tempostorm have only "EXPERTS" from each class to craft these lists. I'm sure CW is amazing.

Levi

Banned

Don't worry. Tempostorm have only "EXPERTS" from each class to craft these lists. I'm sure CW is amazing.

Maybe control warrior is tier one in the high ranks of legend where you're seeing slower decks... but it's not tier one in the ranks where the actual majority of players are playing.

CW should be tier two, and midrange hunter belongs in tier one. That deck is everywhere on the ladder, has a strong, powerful curve with an explosive finisher, and doesn't have that many bad match ups.

Hycran

Banned
Anyone who thinks CW is bad is nuts. Ravaging Ghoul is one of the single most important cards introduced in the new expansion and destroys zoo and aggro. It counters most of the popular decks as well, including midrange hunter.

I have no dog in the fight, but the meta snapshot has always been good and continues to be correct.

Levi

Banned
Anyone who thinks CW is bad is nuts. Ravaging Ghoul is one of the single most important cards introduced in the new expansion and destroys zoo and aggro. It counters most of the popular decks as well, including midrange hunter.

I have no dog in the fight, but the meta snapshot has always been good and continues to be correct.

No one said CW is bad. Tier two is not bad. Tier two decks are powerful and can take a skilled player to legend.

Control Warrior is not one of the top four decks in standard. It has too many bad match ups and it's not stupid-broken like a tier one deck should be.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
No one said CW is bad. Tier two is not bad. Tier two decks are powerful and can take a skilled player to legend.

Control Warrior is not one of the top four decks in standard. It has too many bad match ups and it's not stupid-broken like a tier one deck should be.

This is correct.

CW is a good deck. It is not dumb-broken the way Shaman is currently.

The Meta Snapshot continues to be "useful" in the way that it tells everyone exactly what decks they will be facing for the next bit, while also sometimes making very questionable tech choices in the decklists. Otherwise its great. If someone just wants to take deckbuilding completely out of the game, they could do much worse than just copying stuff from Tempostorm. However, they would be much better served by learning that side of the game and getting good at it.

embalm

The entire Tempostorm Tier system is completely stupid. It's really inaccurate as a way to measure the best decks. Last month Zoolock was Tier 2, despite the fact it was all over Rank 5+ and Legend.

At best it's a snap shot of the previous 2 weeks meta, but they don't back up any of their stats with actual data. It's just someone's gut feeling.

It's nice to have a list of popular decks, but that's really where it's utility ends.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Well this brawl is...interesting. I got fucking Blingtron, Hemet, Rend, Geddon and N'Zoth. Played my Blingtron, opponent got Doomhammer, I got Cursed Blade.

Easy pack for that guy.

Edit: Second game, I drop two Eydis. Opponent immediately drops two Gormok. That's a Concede.

I played Blingtron turn 2 and my opponent got cursed blade. I won on turn 4.

Tarazet

Went into the brawl blind, chose Hunter. Something told me to keep ETC in the mulligan. I get Offensive Play and get to coin ETC out on turn 1. Game over.

Dahbomb

CW isn't bad but it's not tier 1.

Don't worry, they will adjust it next time like they always do. Just like when they didn't have Midrange Shaman as a tier 1 deck and then they adjusted it next week.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Got back to rank 15, this is my second month, so pretty happy about that. Games seemed harder this month than last month for some reason.

Levi

Banned
Since I've given up on tryharding this season, I'm having a blast playing token druid and, of course, roping every shaman. I'm getting so many friend requests!

Just played a hunter who went face instead of removing my fandral, gadgetzan and violet teacher. That didn't go well for him.

This is the worst Brawl I've experienced so far. I'm sitting here with 8 cards in my hand because I only got 1 Offensive Play, and I never saw that minion again.

I just got Nat the Dark Fisherman and Cho just now. I think these mega-shitty decks are pre-arranged.

Edit: ROFL, my opponent actually played two Dark Nats against me. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?

This guy tried to mill me, but Paletress gave me Y'Shaarj. GG. My other Paletress gave me Zerus. -_-

Tarazet

I just got Nat the Dark Fisherman and Cho just now. I think these mega-shitty decks are pre-arranged.

Edit: ROFL, my opponent actually played two Dark Nats against me. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?

This guy tried to mill me, but Paletress gave me Y'Shaarj. GG. My other Paletress gave me Zerus. -_-

One of my games I got Darkfisher, Lorewalker, Brann, and King Mukla. I couldn't put together a better mill deck if I tried.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
One of my games I got Darkfisher, Lorewalker, Brann, and King Mukla. I couldn't put together a better mill deck if I tried.

Lorewalker is REALLY GOOD in this brawl. It either gives you extra copies of the Offensive Play spell or prevents your opponent from playing it. I wouldn't concede if I got Lorewalker.

Lorewalker AND Pagle though... just concede and start over.

Heropon

Another brawl, another 40 dust I thought, but this one had the last classic common I needed before the nerfs: Loot Hoarder. Now the only ones left are a leper gnome and two owls.

jgminto

Wow, they topped themselves. This is the worst fucking brawl they've made so far. Even though it's sports themed it has less strategy than every other random card brawl. Please never renew this piece of shit brawl in the future.

Wow, they topped themselves. This is the worst fucking brawl they've made so far. Even though it's sports themed it has less strategy than every other random card brawl. Please never renew this piece of shit brawl in the future.
All they need to let you do is:
1) Pick legendaries from the entire card set.
2) Guarantee the -3 mana cost buff once per turn.

Now it's a good Brawl! You suck at game design, Hearthstone team!

clav

You just played me. I used a 0 mana reducing card to play that on turn 2.

I did that. :)

Rest of my hand was 8-9 drops and no card would have turned the tide.

Took me about 15 games until an opponent autoconceded.

Worst brawl ever.

wiibomb

Fastest one was the 2 card combo one.

This one sucks.

this!! I miss that one.

I want quicker ones to make more gold, lol, but so far this one has been really nice, just for the ridiculous amount of legendaries everywhere, the bad part is most of them are high mana cost

Should've done a Golden Monkey style brawl. Your deck has 30 Elise's.

2 card combo was really fun. Fast games, a bit rock paper scissors but also has some strategy. Plus the schadenfreude of Mana Wyrm plus Frost Nova destroying Mechwarper decks.

Top Bottom