• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

jgminto

Fiery Win Axe is on a different level though, it wouldn't surprise me if there was some code in the game that meant a Warrior always had it by Turn 2 like Rafaam always drawing a Staff Piece if it wasn't in his opening hand in the Brawl.

fertygo

I love playing Warrior those pesky aggros might feel already won with have 5 minion

Whirlwind turn came, no minion, no card. ASTOUNDING

fertygo

Baron Geddon BRM adventure is broken, he is supposed to use his hero power to deal 10 damage to you if you have any unspent mana left but he no longer does it. Nice regression testing you got there Blizzard.
https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/4ne206/baron_geddon_brm_hero_power_broken/

Maybe they just made it easier like that mech brawl?

Edit: nvm its truly broke, man its kinda piss me if this gonna made quick patch.. on mobile we download the whole game again

Zoggy

Baron Geddon BRM adventure is broken, he is supposed to use his hero power to deal 10 damage to you if you have any unspent mana left but he no longer does it. Nice regression testing you got there Blizzard.
https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/4ne206/baron_geddon_brm_hero_power_broken/

time to get that heroic card back

not really that card back's ugly anyways

also, hey guys, thrall here on turn 4

RXiJr74.jpg

scarlet

Had 40 spells quest.

Made a custom mage full of spells and 2 minions, cuz I've no intention to win.

1st match, I forgot to use my quest mage instead of using my tempo mage and I almost win, but I accidentally gave her Sylvana a 10/10 artifact from Rafaam instead of polymorph. Conceded instantly of embarrassment.

2nd match using my custom mage against priest, I destroyed all of his minion every turn. And I actually wanted to concede literally in my next turn, cuz I thought I already had 40 spell. But surprisingly maybe he felt frustrated, so he conceded.

Now to grind the rest of my gold playing brawl.

clav

KT + Taunt can break the computer in a lot of adventure wings.

Opponent stops attacking and passes on every turn.

FeD.nL

I've been wondering if Blizzard should just introduce multiple hero powers per hero to the game to up the deck diversity. Like we're now three years down the road and most of the classes still haven't had 3 diverse decks that are competitive during a specific point in the game.

With hunter they've tried to give them substitutes/more utility for their hero power but they failed (steamwheedle sniper, explorer's hat) because they are cards. What if explorer's hat was a proper choice as a hero power for hunter. Steady shot - marksmanship / Hat - survival / something - beast mastery. And that for every class?

I've been wondering if Blizzard should just introduce multiple hero powers per hero to the game to up the deck diversity. Like we're now three years down the road and most of the classes still haven't had 3 diverse decks that are competitive during a specific point in the game.

With hunter they've tried to give them substitutes/more utility for their hero power but they failed (steamwheedle sniper, explorer's hat) because they are cards. What if explorer's hat was a proper choice as a hero power for hunter. Steady shot - marksmanship / Hat - survival / something - beast mastery. And that for every class?

Can't make money with that and would cost a ton to develop and balance.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Pooya

I played 40+ games with c'thun druid this season to rank 4.

I do really well against any kind of shaman with c'thun druid, am surprised, that innervated out spider tank does a LOT of work.

but I can't win against control warrior oddly enough, I run out of gas, those morons always have perfect everything and I lose the brawls in the most brutal way even when not playing more 3 dude at a time. I probably have to play doomcaller or something to beat control warrior and I don't have an answer to their sylvanas, tempo warrior is seemingly falling off, I either see dragons, regular or cthun control warrior.

Rogue is really really bad too, yeah....even tempo mage isn't great. Against zoo with wild pyro tech, it is very reasonable. I saw Kolento doing it a month back in his deck and I picked it up, it's good to be not at the mercy of drawing swipes. You have so many cheap spells, it's always alive.

Hunter is ok, depends on if they run freezing trap or not, it's close.

I run over priests but who doesn't.

Overall I think the deck is pretty ok to play in current meta, against shaman/zoo/hunter majority with some tech choices and reasonable brawl luck it should beat control warrior too. When the set came out I thought the deck was really bad but some tech cards make it much much better, like playing a wild pyro, Sylvanas and Harrison. The first iterations had awful cards like Beckoner of Evil instead.

Levi

Banned
Had a Priest quest this morning, decided to try Kibler's greedy Dragon N'zoth deck, won three in a row very handily.

Of course, I always win when I play in the morning. For some reason the meta at 6am is very beneficial to me. If I can win with it at 6pm will be the real test!

Levi

Banned
Just had to kill a Warrior with 1/1s took forever.

Paladin is traditionally a very bad match up for Warrior.

A Paladin with Justicar? Game over, man, game over.

I'm tinkering with a Paladin build I'd like to try out in wild. It's basically the traditional, GVG-era midrange Paladin but with N'Zoth as a closer. All the benefits of the Standard N'zoth Paladin but with a much, much stronger early game and better deathrattle minions.

Pooya

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06...f-hearthstone?abthid=575a67a741047d9d39000016

I don’t love the fact that it is still somewhat non-interactive and it just kills you on one turn with Leeroy Jenkins, that’s always been a thing that we’ve spoken out against. But it’s cool that there’s different decks. Freeze Mage is cool too, in moderation, and Miracle Rogue is cool in moderation. If every deck was the same Hearthstone would be a less rich game.

Mike Donais: [Look at] the Rogue deck that Orange posted yesterday. It was a minion-based Rogue deck, but it still has Auctioneers and Prep, so you still get to do awesome Rogue things, like drawing lots of cards and having Rogue-style action, but in addition to that you kill people with minions. They put minions on the board you kill them, which is a really healthy direction. If we can get closer to that I’d be very happy.

c'mon, not even a single mention of shaman, how come they have issues with leeroy still but doom hammer which is essentially a charge minion with same cost doesn't even get a mention in the whole interview.

I guess next year's nerfs will be leeroy, coldblood and PO. PO maybe should cost 2, its drawback is never a concern just like Arcane Golem's

Kornflayx

Okay, losing to Yogg Saron which gives the opponent a Fiery War Axe & Kor'kron Elite for exact lethal is infuriating. Goddamn, I'm done for at least week from this bullshit

Paladin is traditionally a very bad match up for Warrior.

A Paladin with Justicar? Game over, man, game over.

I'm tinkering with a Paladin build I'd like to try out in wild. It's basically the traditional, GVG-era midrange Paladin but with N'Zoth as a closer. All the benefits of the Standard N'zoth Paladin but with a much, much stronger early game and better deathrattle minions.

In Wild it's manageable thanks to Nzoth. Still have to craft Justicar for standard but I'm not sure I have room for her in my Wild list.

I'm Running secret paladin with NZoth

Steward is great but only as a combo piece barely ever as an on curve card

You have to be careful not to clutter the deathrattles for NZoth since Dr. Boom adds 2 more you have a total 10 deathrattles that could push others out. I'm not sure how it is determined the order they come back.

Apathy

2 nesingwary in my opening hand that I mulligan, just to see 2 nesingwary again followed by next 2 cards that I draw being nesingwary. WTF

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Ideally in Wild you would want 1-2 Sludge Belchers, 1-2 Piloted Shredders, Sylvannas, and then maybe a Haunted Creeper or something.

You defintely do not want Zombie Chow. So if you need to play Chow to make it to the late game (and you probably do), then definitely be extra careful throwing it down later on. Ideally, the Chow and Creepers get pushed out of Nzoth's effect in favor of the better stuff, but knowing the Hearthstone RNG you are very likely to get 2 Chow, 2 Creepers and a Shredder instead of the minons you want.

It could be an argument for throwing down N'Zoth much earlier, instead of waiting utnilt you have played all the best pieces.

Levi

Banned
You defintely do not want Zombie Chow. So if you need to play Chow to make it to the late game (and you probably do), then definitely be extra careful throwing it down later on. Ideally, the Chow and Creepers get pushed out of Nzoth's effect in favor of the better stuff, but knowing the Hearthstone RNG you are very likely to get 2 Chow, 2 Creepers and a Shredder instead of the minons you want.

I thought N'zoth pulled the most recently deceased cards first, so a turn one Chow isn't that much of a liability. I feel like any midrange or faster deck in wild needs a one drop. I guess I could run that 1/1 with Divine Shield instead, although it doesn't trade evenly with Trog or Mana Wyrm the way Chow does.

Dahbomb

Blizzard said:
The meta feels super fresh, tonnes of new decks are being played and lots of different decks are being played. People are still experimenting, with the Championships that are happening this weekend, all kinds of different decks are being played. And the same on ladder, a lot of people playing different decks and having a lot of fun with those decks too.
Typical Blizzard PR at work here.

Apathy

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06...f-hearthstone?abthid=575a67a741047d9d39000016

c'mon, not even a single mention of shaman, how come they have issues with leeroy still but doom hammer which is essentially a charge minion with same cost doesn't even get a mention in the whole interview.

I guess next year's nerfs will be leeroy, coldblood and PO. PO maybe should cost 2, its drawback is never a concern just like Arcane Golem's

Nice to know priest will forever be screwed out of any strong early game cause of the hero power and in turn will always suck

I thought N'zoth pulled the most recently deceased cards first, so a turn one Chow isn't that much of a liability. I feel like any midrange or faster deck in wild needs a one drop. I guess I could run that 1/1 with Divine Shield instead, although it doesn't trade evenly with Trog or Mana Wyrm the way Chow does.

Pretty sure it's full random what N'Zoth rezzes. He might bring back your Chows even if they were the first minions played and you've played more than 6 deathrattles since then.

Nice to know priest will forever be screwed out of any strong early game cause of the hero power and in turn will always suck

Priest + Zombie Chow was bad enough already.

Today is weird again. Lost to Pirate Warrior in Wild thanks to a god awful draw while my opponent didn't not have a weapon from turn 1 to the end.

ViviOggi

'[...] Priest has a number of cards from the basic and classic set that are very powerful in ways that tend to feel bad for your opponent, that are highly reactive.'

Reactive cards feel bad for your opponent, HS design in a nutshell

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

Pretty sure it is random out of all your deathrattles that have died. Similar to Anyfin Can Happen, but it doesn't include the opponent.

Apathy

Priest + Zombie Chow was bad enough already.

Today is weird again. Lost to Pirate Warrior in Wild thanks to a god awful draw while my opponent didn't not have a weapon from turn 1 to the end.

Even with chow and velen's chosen they were not setting the ladder on fire and being menace to everyone else.

It seems like theres no point in hoping they fix priest because they don't seem to know or care of what priests need. They are patting themselves on the back int hat interview that they gave priest dragon cards. Great, lets give them cards that depend on a specific tribe to actually be good, so they not only have to build decks out of that tribe whether they like the play style or not or have them be unlucky to not draw the tribe to get the synergy and let those cards be trash in their hands if that happens.

Yet zero issues with giving shamans 1, 2 and 4 drops that can go and bully everyone else.

Levi

Banned
Pretty sure it's full random what N'Zoth rezzes. He might bring back your Chows even if they were the first minions played and you've played more than 6 deathrattles since then.

Pretty sure it is random out of all your deathrattles that have died. Similar to Anyfin Can Happen, but it doesn't include the opponent.

Well, I might run chow as a one-of regardless of any negative Nzoth synergy as it did really well for me back when I was playing a lot of midrange pally.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I might run chow as a one-of regardless of any negative Nzoth synergy as it did really well for me back when I was playing a lot of midrange pally.

Oh I still think you gotta run the Chows. Put in 2 if you need to. Having something to trade with early is super important. You just have to be extra careful if you don't get them early about playing them later. Maybe just treat them as dead cards even when drawn later in the game.

Heropon

People hating on Shamans all the time and I only find Warriors, Warriors and more Warriors with their perfect answers every single turn. I think I should take a break to see if the salt levels go down,

Even with chow and velen's chosen they were not setting the ladder on fire and being menace to everyone else.

It seems like theres no point in hoping they fix priest because they don't seem to know or care of what priests need. They are patting themselves on the back int hat interview that they gave priest dragon cards. Great, lets give them cards that depend on a specific tribe to actually be good, so they not only have to build decks out of that tribe whether they like the play style or not or have them be unlucky to not draw the tribe to get the synergy and let those cards be trash in their hands if that happens.

Yet zero issues with giving shamans 1, 2 and 4 drops that can go and bully everyone else.

The class is utterly flawed in that it's unfun to play against. Making it good won't change that. Case in point I just got my Lightlord Ragnaros and my Tyrion mind control'd.

It's too easy to run over Priests if they get a bad start (which is common because they have no early game). They used to have Lightbomb to take care of big, threatening boards. Now the best they can do is Excavated Evil, which is a joke compared to Lightbomb, or Auchenai + Circle, a two card combo so it's inherently less reliable. Midrange decks basically have nothing to fear from Priests. It's hard for them to clear a board with 5 health minions and you just have to avoid giving them value steals with Cabal. Entomb costs them a full turn and only removes 1 minion. They need better early game and better comeback mechanics.

Apathy

Shamans currently are, most of the unfun stuff Priest has he had since classic.

But again, it's not argument of why priests need to be perpetually shit because of the hero power. As I pointed out earlier, even with chow+velen's , what people might consider the strongest opening a priest has had, they were still not ruling the ladder, arena and tournaments with an iron fist. If anything those things let them be at least somewhat viable.

Giving priests proper early game would not break them, it would at least make them viable. Right now priests are a joke in pretty much every aspect of the game.

Top Bottom