• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

But again, it's not argument of why priests need to be perpetually shit because of the hero power. As I pointed out earlier, even with chow+velen's , what people might consider the strongest opening a priest has had, they were still not ruling the ladder, arena and tournaments with an iron fist. If anything those things let them be at least somewhat viable.

Giving priests proper early game would not break them, it would at least make them viable. Right now priests are a joke in pretty much every aspect of the game.

It would break them against certain classes. Paladin for instance has dreadful early game removal and can't do shit, not only that but it becomes counterproductive to use the hero power even.

It would break them against certain classes. Paladin for instance has dreadful early game removal and can't do shit, not only that but it becomes counterproductive to use the hero power even.

Paladins have Equality, True Silver, and Keeper of Uldaman. I beat a Priest with Midrange Paladin after he played turn 1 Cleric, turn 3 Deathlord, turn 4 Deathlord + Cleric by doing nothing until turn 5 where I Equality Consecrated him (with the Coin). It was a slaughter from there on out.

Levi

Banned
It's not coincidence that the weakest classes in the current meta are also the classes with the weakest early game.

Turns 1-3 are where games are won or lost for a lot of the most popular decks.

Paladins have Equality, True Silver, and Keeper of Uldaman. I beat a Priest with Midrange Paladin after he played turn 1 Cleric, turn 3 Deathlord, turn 4 Deathlord + Cleric by doing nothing until turn 5 where I Equality Consecrated him (with the Coin). It was a slaughter from there on out.

So have I, it's not like priest opening like that is auto concede but you can't tell me sitting there doing nothing for 5 turns feels particularly good. Especially if you don't yet have the answer in hand.

frequency

Priest is the ultimate "sit there doing nothing for X turns" class.

I wish it would get an overhaul. It's like 3 years into Hearthstone now and nothing has really worked for Priest so it's long enough to do a class overhaul. The best Priest decks were still only like tier 2.

New UI changes coming in the next patch.

You will be able to see your arena record.
OFcP0Fc.jpg

As well as the rules in a tavern brawl.

Source video.. Starts around 1:00.

So have I, it's not like priest opening like that is auto concede but you can't tell me sitting there doing nothing for 5 turns feels particularly good. Especially if you don't yet have the answer in hand.

It doesn't, but neither does losing to Tunnel Trogg, Totem Golem, Coin + Feral Spirits or Mana Wyrm, Frost Bolt, Flamewaker + Coin + Arcane Missiles. Priest has never had anything close to that strong of an opener.

Salex_

It feels bad when you reflect on a match to see if you could have played better to change the outcome of the match and you can't think of a single thing. Please save me from this stale ass aggro ladder. I'd rather play against control warrior every single match so I could actually play the game and make a meaningful decision.

I'm trying so hard to make a non-warrior control deck to deal with constant aggro decks but they all feel so inconsistent. If I don't draw multiple removals in the first 2 turns, it's game over. If I somehow get through the first 4-5 turns while controlling the board, I need to draw heals because they can still burst you from their hand. It just feels like I have little to no control over the outcome of these games.

I recently crafted the cards I needed to make a good N'zoth Paladin deck after giving up on trying to make Priest work and it's doing a good job clearing the board and winning late game (even against control warrior), but Forbidden Heals are almost always at the bottom of my deck. Or I don't draw my weapon removals in time. Do I really have to use control warrior or join the aggro army?

Apathy

The hell are you talking about? humility, equality, keeper, peacekeeper, rallying blade, truesilver, argent lance. Hell they even got buffs to trade up with blessing of might , seal of champions and divine strength.

So how a priest feels pretty much every game. None of your arguments have been even remotely viable.

The hell are you talking about? humility, equality, keeper, peacekeeper, rallying blade, truesilver, argent lance. Hell they even got buffs to trade up with blessing of might , seal of champions and divine strength.

I fail to see how casting humility on a Northshire Cleric is in any way or form effective.
Equality and any buffs need minions on board to count as removal which is the problem to start, or come online late.
Truesilves costs 4 and Rallying blade more supports my claim than counters it since it's being played even outside of bubble paladin at times specifically to deal with x/3s.
The best removal turn 2 and early in general is Doomsayer and it's being played just for that considering lategame paladin has no way to enable it.

So how a priest feels pretty much every game. None of your arguments have been even remotely viable.

That's well possible considering my distaste for the class.

Apathy

I fail to see how casting humility on a Northshire Cleric is in any way or form effective.
Equality and any buffs need minions on board to count as removal which is the problem to start, or come online late.
Truesilves costs 4 and Rallying blade more supports my claim than counters it since it's being played even outside of bubble paladin at times specifically to deal with x/3s.
The best removal turn 2 and early in general is Doomsayer and it's being played just for that considering lategame paladin has no way to enable it.

That's well possible considering my distaste for the class.

We're not discussing northshire clerics though, we're discussing hypothetical strong early game for priests which you claimed would destroy some classes like paladin that had no way to deal with strong early game from a priests if priest got it.

You're trying to bring up situations where "omg you can't do anything but hero power until 5", but moments like that don't often happen. Even right now, if you claim that a paladin can't deal with a priest if they get stronger early game, than look at this way, how does a paladin deal with early shaman game right now? The same way it would with early priest game if priest got it.

Zoggy

only golden paladin and rexxar here. have mage warrior and shaman at 250+ wins.

the other classes are sub 100.

Guldan is the coolest looking tho.

We're not discussing northshire clerics though, we're discussing hypothetical strong early game for priests which you claimed would destroy some classes like paladin that had no way to deal with strong early game from a priests if priest got it.

You're trying to bring up situations where "omg you can't do anything but hero power until 5", but moments like that don't often happen. Even right now, if you claim that a paladin can't deal with a priest if they get stronger early game, than look at this way, how does a paladin deal with early shaman game right now? The same way it would with early priest game if priest got it.

Northshire Cleric is the baseline to strong early game right now. Why do you think paladin is down all the way to Tier 3 by now. Paladin can't deal with heavy aggression early right now, especially if the opponent can rebuilt faster than you.
But even then damage is at least permanent meaning a turn 4 consecration might actually clear the board up, for a turn.

I'm sure that's not the only thing that's coming. In the video they're hiring a new UI designer, so they showcased some of the kind of stuff a UI designer could expect to create at Blizzard.
I expect:
Replays
Win History (last 10 matches)
Ranked History
Various Player Stats (longest win streak, etc.)

Duelyst has all of that, and they're a tiny studio. -_-

I expect:
Replays
Ranked History

Of this list, I mostly care about replays. Unless they have stats for the last 10k games I've played, then I'll just use HDT for the rest of that stuff. HDT even has replays but I'd rather the replays be in game, and watchable as if you watched the game being played live.

Dahbomb

I expect:
Replays
Ranked History

All of this plus a mode where you can give CPU a deck and play against it.

Like this is all minimal day 1 stuff for an online card game.

Fishlake

Did a priest quest today. Inner fire and Scaled nightmare won me 3 of the 5 games. It helps that inner fire is just generally good in dragon priest as well.

Got a shifter zerus from my pack debating disenchanting it.

Of this list, I mostly care about replays. Unless they have stats for the last 10k games I've played, then I'll just use HDT for the rest of that stuff. HDT even has replays but I'd rather the replays be in game, and watchable as if you watched the game being played live.

I mostly play on a tablet, so HDT isn't really an option for me. It would be nice if Hearthstone would implement all of this stuff in the game so that I can use these features.

Did a priest quest today. Inner fire and Scaled nightmare won me 3 of the 5 games. It helps that inner fire is just generally good in dragon priest as well.

Got a shifter zerus from my pack debating disenchanting it.

I don't like disenchanting anything that I don't have spares of, but yeah, Zerus doesn't look to have any real purpose since it's so random that you can't count on it for anything. I can't even see him being useful in Adventures like some mostly terrible cards are.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I have to win three more warrior games for my current 60 gold quest. My best warrior deck is quite crappy. It feels like warrior and rogue are super expensive to make good decks for.

I tried out Solforge, and I am really enjoying it. The four digital card games I'm enjoying right now are:
1. Duelyst
2. Infinity Wars
3. Solforge
4. Hearthstone

In that order of enjoyment so far. IMHO, nothing else is worth playing, or it has a ridiculous grind.

Maybe some of you guys would enjoy expanding your tastes to other options out there right now? I'm in a happier place now that my card-gaming joy doesn't solely rest on RNGstone.

Dahbomb

He forgot to do one thing....

07968c5a3b4023a6eca481351710facdcedf598759a0e8cfb415d68427b4ae78_1.gif
LMAO @ the cheating on display...

Dude transmuted his hand into god damn Exodia.

I need to watch some YGO Arc V though.

I haven't played enough of Infinity Wars but mechanically it's a very solid game with a lot of potential to out play your opponent. I have also heard good things about Netrunner.

Duelyst is the closest to HS and Duelyst is just better than HS. Both of these games are centered around minion trading and minion HP management which is something that separates them from other games. That was the main defining pro point of HS but Duelyst just does that but better.

YGO is it's own thing, there isn't really a card game like it. Other card games usually have some form of resource that prevents you from summoning something massive on turn 1 and stealing a game... nah YGO is all about summoning massive stuff early on. Game is it's own type of fun though and has a different pace/flavor than most card games. It's the Marvel 2/3 to Magic's SF.

The biggest con of YGO is that there isn't really a good online version of it. You can play the F2P YGOPro but that has the most minimal UI imaginable and everything is manual which means that if you don't know what you are doing you are in for a world of hurt. The PS4 is great for getting your feet wet into YGO mechanics and game play but the online play is barren as pro players don't play on it because it's not completely up to date with the cards. Konami has a gold mine under their belt if they make a proper F2P PC YGO game but they are just fine sitting on their butts collecting cash from the TCG version of YGO.

I tried out Solforge, and I am really enjoying it. The four digital card games I'm enjoying right now are:
1. Duelyst
2. Infinity Wars
3. Solforge
4. Hearthstone

In that order of enjoyment so far. IMHO, nothing else is worth playing, or it has a ridiculous grind.

Maybe some of you guys would enjoy expanding your tastes to other options out there right now? I'm in a happier place now that my card-gaming joy doesn't solely rest on RNGstone.

I used to play solforge before hearthstone came out. Since then they've had too many expansions for me to care about getting back into it.

Also kinda funny it started early access before hearthstone, and is still listed as early access on steam. Nearly 3 years of early access lol.

Salex_

Konami has a gold mine under their belt if they make a proper F2P PC YGO game but they are just fine sitting on their butts collecting cash from the TCG version of YGO.

Man, I've been wishing for this right after I played HearthStone for the first time. Can you imagine how many 90s kids would try and play Yu-Gi-Oh again if Konami released a PC cilent with as much polish as HearthStone? They could be the equivalent of Dota 2 in terms of player base for the digital TCG market.

fertygo

I feel as good as Shaman currently is, its still feel like the weakest strongest meta archetipe. felt top 3 pre WOG would still quite above of it. but Face Shaman already tier 1 back then so I maybe off, but Secret Paladin, pre WOG Zoolock, freeze mage, seem much more frustating than current shaman crop.

Btw Dahbomb, ARC-V's hype.

Dahbomb

Man, I've been wishing for this right after I played HearthStone for the first time. Can you imagine how many 90s kids would try and play Yu-Gi-Oh again if Konami released a PC cilent with as much polish as HearthStone? They could be the equivalent of Dota 2 in terms of player base for the digital TCG market.
Damn straight. Especially if they put in stuff like Tag Dueling and a proper Arena/draft/seal play format.

But it's god damn Konami.

I've been looking for this for a while, all they have is a janky af mobile game that wasn't worth my time(let alone my money). I can't believe almost none of the big TCGs are jumping on the online train properly.

I've been looking for this for a while, all they have is a janky af mobile game that wasn't worth my time(let alone my money). I can't believe almost none of the big TCGs are jumping on the online train properly.

Wizards is rumoured to have a Magic online successor in the works. They recently got a new CEO that was an IT engineer from MS.

Codename is digital next.

Levi

Banned
Thanks for the cosmetic changes, Blizzard.

Can we have a decent ranked play mode and more frequent balance adjustments please? Maybe a tournament mode? Some new icons are nice and all, but really they won't affect my actual experience in the slightest.

Top Bottom