• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

The only time the every minion has 50% chance to artack the wrong enemy has triggered in the brawl was when there was a 2nd one out that also triggered and made it go face again.

And my minions have consistently been affected, negativity bias and all.

ViviOggi

Thanks for the cosmetic changes, Blizzard.

Can we have a decent ranked play mode and more frequent balance adjustments please? Maybe a tournament mode? Some new icons are nice and all, but really they won't affect my actual experience in the slightest.

Like Peter said, the Fireside Gatherings, but I also think our game has, like, if you go to the forums and you ask people ‘what do you think Hearthstone needs the most?’, none of them say the ladder system. They’re all like ‘it needs social features’ or maybe ‘Arena’ or ‘new, great sets’ or something like that. Very few will say the ladder system is their main problem.

I used to play solforge before hearthstone came out. Since then they've had too many expansions for me to care about getting back into it.

Also kinda funny it started early access before hearthstone, and is still listed as early access on steam. Nearly 3 years of early access lol.
Hmm. More expansions are always a good thing for me.

Steam says it's Early Access, but the game officially launched June 1.

Like Peter said, the Fireside Gatherings, but I also think our game has, like, if you go to the forums and you ask people ‘what do you think Hearthstone needs the most?’, none of them say the ladder system. They’re all like ‘it needs social features’ or maybe ‘Arena’ or ‘new, great sets’ or something like that. Very few will say the ladder system is their main problem.
The masses never know what's best. People will create a thousand threads speculating about what characters a fighting game should have, but you can't get anyone but the hardcore base to talk about the netcode. Yet in the end, the netcode is a key component in the game's long-term longevity.

The Blizzard forums, in particular, are a disaster.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06...f-hearthstone?abthid=575a67a741047d9d39000016

c'mon, not even a single mention of shaman, how come they have issues with leeroy still but doom hammer which is essentially a charge minion with same cost doesn't even get a mention in the whole interview.

I guess next year's nerfs will be leeroy, coldblood and PO. PO maybe should cost 2, its drawback is never a concern just like Arcane Golem's

lol what a mediocre response. There was a big post on the reddit side on how crappy ladder was like a couple weeks ago so idk what they're thinking when they say no one cares about it

Dahbomb

Blizzard forums are a special breed of stupid.

Remember when Reno Jackson was revealed and the HS Blizzard forum was whipped in a frenzy because their Face Hunter deck couldn't handle the card? People were just posting threads threatening to quit if Blizzard didn't remove the card.

And this is par for the course when it comes to other Blizzard games too.

Tarazet

Reno Jackson was annoying though, how often did you get to 1 turn off lethal and then bam Reno Jackson ydontu start over again.

You learn to smell him coming. If you go up against a Mage or a Warlock that is playing a lot of random and non-meta cards, you better be prepared to deal with Reno and force him to drop early. If he gets coined out on turn 5, midrange shaman just goes lol bloodlust and ends it.

You learn to smell him coming. If you go up against a Mage or a Warlock that is playing a lot of random and non-meta cards, you better be prepared to deal with Reno and force him to drop early. If he gets coined out on turn 5, midrange shaman just goes lol bloodlust and ends it.

I'm talking bout the early days where he was seemingly in every deck just because for no rhyme nor reason. He was always there.

Before people played with offline Renos for efficiency.

Why don't people play Paletress again?

hearthstonescreenshotvnatq.png

Levi

Banned

Pros hate ladder (last day of the month land-grab for Legend points is unfair and stressful), new players hate ladder (why do they have to face Legend players at the low ranks?), players without a lot of time hate ladder (even a skilled player has to invest A LOT of time to hit legend and face players at their own level. That's hours and hours and hours grinding to get the actual fun part of the game), players who want to face diverse competition hate ladder (the ladder pushes people into the game's fastest decks so they can climb faster), and I hate the ladder...

But If I want worthwhile rewards (golden heroes, golden cards) I have to play the mode I like the least the majority of my time in the game.

Oh, goody.

Dahbomb

Guys you can't be taking Vivi's post seriously... he just copy/pasta'd Blizzard's PR response which is basically "welp I guess our forum guys didn't talk about it".

Go ahead and ask any professional HS player/streamer about their opinion on the ladder system and you feel the scathing wrath. There was a twitch archive where Lifecoach went ham/cheese/croissant on the ladder system.

Why don't people play Paletress again?
Because pretty much everything dies in one turn in this game, and Paletress could give you Nat Pagle or something, resulting in no real board effect when it all gets wiped out. Contrast this with Ragnaros or Ysera, and it's clear why she isn't terribly popular, even though she can have great results.
Guys you can't be taking Vivi's post seriously... he just copy/pasta'd Blizzard's PR response which is basically "welp I guess our forum guys didn't talk about it".

Go ahead and ask any professional HS player/streamer about their opinion on the ladder system and you feel the scathing wrath. There was a twitch archive where Lifecoach went ham/cheese/croissant on the ladder system.
Woosh on me, then. I didn't read the Blizzard PR beyond a brief skim.

Levi

Banned

I know where the quote comes from. I am taking it seriously, because Blizzard said it, but I'm not arguing with Vivi. (One just doesn't do that).

I barely play these days. Doing a few games now and then at low ranks, every single deck is C'Thun. Coincidentally, my win rate has never been higher, ehhehheh.

Most of the time it seems like they are ruining a perfectly good deck by adding C'Thun. I played a Zoo who was demolishing me early on until he was playing Twilight Elders and other stuff. I'm like, bruh, you're playing Zoo you probably shouldn't have a 10-drop in there.

patchday

I barely play these days. Doing a few games now and then at low ranks, every single deck is C'Thun. Coincidentally, my win rate has never been higher, ehhehheh.

Most of the time it seems like they are ruining a perfectly good deck by adding C'Thun. I played a Zoo who was demolishing me early on until he was playing Twilight Elders and other stuff. I'm like, bruh, you're playing Zoo you probably shouldn't have a 10-drop in there.

Yeah lots of CThun at low ranks

Guess the Brazilian Hearthstone Facebook page posted something that seems to hint at Pandaria being the next adventure.

Though who knows, maybe it's not actually meant to hint at anything.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/4njh9e/the_brazilian_hs_page_posted_this_image/

Translation: Imagine being surrounded by golden trees and majestic walls, you just crossed the impenetrable Gate of the August Celestials and a waterfall greets you on your way as you explore this exotic land. Open your eyes and feel the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, localized in the heart of Pandaria.

Enjoy these extraordinary sights and the most famous local food: the traditional bamboo sandwich. Enjoy, because it will be a PANDAstic experience.

IceMarker

Heh, I was actually looking at your deck a little bit ago thinking about trying it out. Was wondering how it was performing though since I would have to craft Y'Shaarj.
It's been pretty good to me so far, although maybe that's up to luck I don't know, but it's been consistently successful enough that I haven't deleted it like most decks I experiment with on ladder, which is why I've highlighted it a lot more than a lot of decks I've posted on GAF and HearthPwn.

Guess the Brazilian Hearthstone Facebook page posted something that seems to hint at Pandaria being the next adventure.

Neat!

is soggoth worth playing in priest?
Are you thinking about crafting it?

I'm skeptical about the card in a game where you have to deal with Ragnaros, Sylvannas, C'Thun, Brawl, etc.

I mean, if you've made it to turn 9 as a Priest, haven't you pretty much won, and you should be looking to drop game-winning cards instead of a nuisance?

Are you thinking about crafting it?

I'm skeptical about the card in a game where you have to deal with Ragnaros, Sylvannas, C'Thun, Brawl, etc.

I mean, if you've made it to turn 9 as a Priest, haven't you pretty much won, and you should be looking to drop game-winning cards instead of a nuisance?

most of those cards can be taken care of w/ entomb or swp, and brawl isn't that huge of a deal b/c priest rarely floods the board. The main threat if you're running nzoth is just sylvanas and nzoth. You hope for good things from shapling and curator

Ideally soggoth would be a card you can just play on 9 whereas most of the priest cards are reactive so even if you get to turn 9 you still can be behind.

it strikes me as a problem that you wouldn't be able to heal him. I think you'd rather play Bog Creeper. I think he would work better against priest.

yea I didnt think about that

Hmm. More expansions are always a good thing for me.

Steam says it's Early Access, but the game officially launched June 1.

Of course it's a good thing, until you fall far behind and top rarity cards in that game you might need to get 3 of them. Not to mention for a long stretch they didn't even have crafting. I remember them also doing some other odd stuff. By the time they got things sorted, I had already moved on. Only so much time for card games too.

I might give it another try though I kinda dread using their card management UI after hearthstone tbh.

Of course it's a good thing, until you fall far behind and top rarity cards in that game you might need to get 3 of them. Not to mention for a long stretch they didn't even have crafting. I remember them also doing some other odd stuff. By the time they got things sorted, I had already moved on. Only so much time for card games too.

I might give it another try though I kinda dread using their card management UI after hearthstone tbh.
I think their card management UI is pretty decent - I think it got revamped recently. Not as good as Duelyst's and Hearthstone's (Duelyst copied Hearthstone's), but waaaay better than Infinity Wars, which is pretty miserable, and the greatest flaw in the game.

I feel you on all the legendaries (there are like...20 per class?), but you get to keep your Draft decks in Solforge, so that helps. When drafting, I definitely draft for my collection instead of an effective deck, lol.

Zoggy

you know...

I STILL don't get the nerf for blade flurry.

it fucking sucks and kills the card.

making it 4 mana but keep it effects would have been fine.

leaving it at 2 mana but make it a shadowflame would have been fine.

but they did BOTH!?!?! made it 4 mana and take away its face damage. its useless because rogue only has 2 weapon buffs (and one is situational).

imo all of their nerfs were OK, but this one was warsong commander level.

you know...

I STILL don't get the nerf for blade flurry.

it fucking sucks and kills the card.

making it 4 mana but keep it effects would have been fine.

leaving it at 2 mana but make it a shadowflame would have been fine.

but they did BOTH!?!?! made it 4 mana and take away its face damage. its useless because rogue only has 2 weapon buffs (and one is situational).

imo all of their nerfs were OK, but this one was warsong commander level.
They had to nerf Blade Flurry so that all the new weapons Rogues got wouldn't be imbalanced.

Really, the Rogue Hero Power just needs to get revamped. If not for Deadly Poison, it would hardly get any use at all. And Deadly Poison is basically Fiery War Axe for 1 additional mana...how is Rogue the weapons class? The fact that Pirate Warrior, AKA Weapons Warrior, is a thing, but Weapons Rogue isn't, is a pretty damn sad fact.

Dahbomb

Blade Flurry nerf was meme tier bad.

The Rogue hero power is fine (it's actually insanely good as shown by Arena), what it's missing are weapon buffs. They lost Oil from GvG without a suitable replacement.

The Rogue hero power is fine (it's actually insanely good as shown by Arena), what it's missing are weapon buffs. They lost Oil from GvG without a suitable replacement.
I feel like it should do something if you already have a weapon. Like...Poison Blade should be the default, or something. The first time you use the power, get a 1/2 weapon. Every subsequent power gives you +1 attack. Given that Poison Blade isn't worth including in any deck ever, I feel like this would be a reasonable buff. >_>

Dahbomb

I feel like it should do something if you already have a weapon. Like...Poison Blade should be the default, or something. The first time you use the power, get a 1/2 weapon. Every subsequent power gives you +1 attack. Given that Poison Blade isn't worth including in any deck ever, I feel like this would be a reasonable buff. >_>
That's how it used to be originally and it was broken.

fertygo

Yeah that broken as shit, btw Blizz never release set that enable Tempo Rogue didn't they, I can only imagine its will unleash hell

Lyng

Pros hate ladder (last day of the month land-grab for Legend points is unfair and stressful), new players hate ladder (why do they have to face Legend players at the low ranks?), players without a lot of time hate ladder (even a skilled player has to invest A LOT of time to hit legend and face players at their own level. That's hours and hours and hours grinding to get the actual fun part of the game), players who want to face diverse competition hate ladder (the ladder pushes people into the game's fastest decks so they can climb faster), and I hate the ladder...

But If I want worthwhile rewards (golden heroes, golden cards) I have to play the mode I like the least the majority of my time in the game.

Oh, goody.

You Sir speak the damn truth!

I feel like it was only broken because of envenom, which didn't even make the cut anyway.

184px-Envenom.png

I think spending 4 mana to get a 2/2 or 2/1+1/1 weapon would be okay. Just make it so it doesn't stack with non-hero power weapons.

And while we're buffing rogue, lets make kidnapper a 6/3 or non-combo.

FeD.nL

Oh, goody.

Yup, said it before but it's just crazy that three years down the road, ladder is still the only way to play competitve for 99% of the playerbase.

Its seem they still print C'thun card, I likey

Gotta keep pushing until it breaks, blizzard style.

fertygo

Maybe Blizz afraid tourney mode will scare new player to invest in the game

"oh god I need 5 netdeck to play this, how much money and time is that"

Seem one of the most attention that they give is how the game appeal to casual.

And tbh even me will feel little down if there's tourney mode that require 5 deck, because I can't play it competitively straight away.. sure I simply just not play it, but its give the vibe of "I can't have fun like the other have" motivation killing.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

The thing is, when you look at Tinker's Oil in a vacuum it looks like a terrible card because it appears to have poor value relative to its cost. What made it good was how well it comboed with Blade Flurry for some insane burst. Blade Flurry scaled better than almost any other card in the game. It was a serious obstacle for introducing cool new weapons for Rogue. They could never print a Rogue card like Arcanite Reaper in a pre-nerf world.

It definitely looks like a really bad nerf now, since we have neither a suitable replacement for Oil nor do we have a powerful weapon for it to work with independently, but in the future where we have those things it could be used in some kind of slower Rogue archetype. It basically works like Shadowflame now but without stronger weapons or weapon buffs it doesn't reach that level in practice.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
15 pages away from needing a new thread. Trying to come up with new OT titles.

Hearthstone |OT7| Shamans: Criminals. Rapists. And some, I assume, are good people
Hearthstone |OT7| Bow down before the God of RNG
Hearthstone |OT7| I taste the essence of your salt
Hearthstone |OT7/7| 4 mana

Raxus

Hearthstone |OT7| Shamans: Criminals. Rapists. And some, I assume, are good people

LOL, 50 post per page pleb.

:p

Hearthstone |OT7| Overloaded on Shaman Hate
Hearthstone |OT7| Praise Yogg

Maybe it was broken in that context, but no way would it be broken now.

Maybe Blizz afraid tourney mode will scare new player to invest in the game

"oh god I need 5 netdeck to play this, how much money and time is that"

Seem one of the most attention that they give is how the game appeal to casual.

And tbh even me will feel little down if there's tourney mode that require 5 deck, because I can't play it competitively straight away.. sure I simply just not play it, but its give the vibe of "I can't have fun like the other have" motivation killing.
I think it's fine. New players shouldn't be able to access everything within the first day. It's something to build toward. It'd be even better if Blizzard let players host tournaments with prizes that they themselves put up for grabs. Packs of cards, etc.

I like OT7/7 4 mana.

Something mocking the recent interview and Blizzard's lack of awareness (or deceit) about their own game would be good, too.

Top Bottom