• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

Levi

Banned
BMing an opponent every time Yogg casts a negative impact spell is so fun. This Mage's Yogg drew their whole deck, then discarded their whole hand with astral communion, buffed my Twin Emperor twice, and hit themselves in the face three times.

"that's incredible!"

BMing an opponent every time Yogg casts a negative impact spell is so fun. This Mage's Yogg drew their whole deck, then discarded their whole hand with astral communion, buffed my Twin Emperor twice, and hit themselves in the face three times.

"that's incredible!"

I played against a Yogg Hunter today that played turn 8 Call of the Wild, turn 9 Call of the Wild, and turn 10 Yogg that played Call of the Wild as the first card. Every other spell it played helped him out too. It was disgusting.

Raxus

"that's incredible!"
You must start every Yogg summon with the chant "Praise Yogg" or he will turn on you.

Lyng

Man I used to like Shaman. I just think losing either Tunnel Trogg or Faceless would do an awful lot to bring them down a peg. Overload is fine. Blizzard just needs to balance it correctly. Totem Golem was perfect. Flamewreathed Faceless and Tunnel Trogg were overcorrections.

Yeah Faceless and Trogg are too strong.
I played alot of shaman before they turned into what they are now.

So this just happened. Started brawl. Got yoggsauron and a bunch of other high cost legends, plus hemet. I thought I'd lose.

.eJwNzEsOgyAQANC7sBdmQD56Avc9gCE4ARMFA9NV07u37wDvI979EqsozM9YlTrOkVo_5ODWYyaZW8sXxeccMrVbReaYyk2Vh0KHaP0MABZtgEUHhQvOBiC4JczgjUavNoqdy7-rtL9SJ6qjNN7BTagndDugtEailk_N4vsDM54sjg.J75VfDb8Dr4fWj2Lst_zb29yvbQ.png

Turn 1 mulka? How about a turn 1 hemet... lmao.

I'm 9-1 so far this brawl. I only lost once because I actually got every bad low cost legendary in the same hand. nat pagle, perverted nat pagle, lorewalker cho... I didn't even get a draw off pagle, and he got a draw off perverted pagle. I just conceded.

fertygo

Its better if experienced player like me and you save dust for whole netdeck that you desire IMO, its ensure card that you craft have whole synergy.

Its better if experienced player like me and you save dust for whole netdeck that you desire IMO, its ensure card that you craft have whole synergy.

Yeah, by now he should know what decks he likes to play and craft the cards to build them. Early on when you don't know what you want to play, I reccommend just going with good cards that you want to use. Later down the road when you're in the deeper end, spend dust to craft decks, less focus on specific cards.

Danj

Yeah, by now he should know what decks he likes to play and craft the cards to build them. Early on when you don't know what you want to play, I reccommend just going with good cards that you want to use. Later down the road when you're in the deeper end, spend dust to craft decks, less focus on specific cards.

Oh OK. So for example, the new TempoStorm meta snapshot is out and they are recommending Aggro Shaman which needs 2 Doomhammers, but I only have one, so I should spend some of this dust to craft the other Doomhammer?

pixelish

could anyone here please give me tips on improving this hunter reno deck to the extent where i'm able to use it competently till about rank 10 or so (currently at rank 16)? i'm a f2p-er so i only have a modest amount of rares and epics but i have just completed league of explorers and have about 2k dust at my disposal so i'm willing to craft good cards.

a few cards that i think could go: gnomish inventor (in the deck for the card draw), captured jormunger (it's my best 7-cost beast) and brann (thinking of swapping it with elise).

fertygo

Oh OK. So for example, the new TempoStorm meta snapshot is out and they are recommending Aggro Shaman which needs 2 Doomhammers, but I only have one, so I should spend some of this dust to craft the other Doomhammer?
Up to you. Personally I'll just wait getting 2nd from pack tho because at this case Aggro shaman use 2 doomhammer not because they hoping they gonna use 2 of the card they just want bigger chance draw doomhammer

I think you can play aggro just fine with 1 doomhammer with replace ìt with Idunno more of that 7/7 dude or you have leeroy perhaps? Put that shit in

Xanathus

Have to say that Doomsayers are surprisingly useful in Midrange Hunter. I initially thought they'd be dead cards against control decks but I've won several games by reversing tempo with them because the opponent lets them blow up thinking it's worth stalling a turn, but this allows me to play Highmane or COTW on an empty board.

It's also so useful for clearing the opponent's minions without spending burn damage in them. Makes me wonder if Doomsayers would be good in a Tempo Mage deck as well.

Eddie Bax

Another free 40 dusts from pack. Now I have 210 dusts. Time to craft 5 commons or 2 rares or wait for epic

Don't craft commons. Or rares, for that matter. Extremely inefficient way to use dust considering how many commons you open if you're a regular player.

scarlet

Don't craft commons. Or rares, for that matter. Extremely inefficient way to use dust considering how many commons you open if you're a regular player.

Ah good idea. But somehow I still don't have a lot of common cards.

Just saving it for call of the wild then

Eddie Bax

This is impractical advice for new players.

I disagree. Between the free old gods packs, the solid cards that you get in the basic collection, daily quests, tavern brawl packs, the gold from those initial 'hidden' quests, and (admittedly inferior) substitutions that can be made for a lot of cards, there's a solid core of stuff there to work with and a new player can build a decent deck or two without crafting commons.

Slashlen

I think crafting commons should be generally avoided, but that it's not an absolute rule. It's a waste of dust in the long term because you'll get all of the commons and most rares eventually. However, if you're new and you need a common to put together your first semi-competitive deck, you can probably get that 35 dust back via an improved win rate.

Crafting in general should probably be avoided for newer players as you usually don't know what you really need. But if you're trying to build a netdeck such as one of the Shaman decks and you just happen to be missing a Tunnel Trogg, that's probably worth it.

clav

This is impractical advice for new players.

Depends on the player.

If a new player buys many packs, then they need to adhere to this rule.

If a new player plays arena only or doesn't spend real money on packs, then this strategy doesn't work.

Had a shitty Paladin run yesterday that went 3-3. Zero True Silvers. No consecration. No Keeper of Uldaman. No Shielded Minibot. No Muster for Battle. No Coghammer. One Murloc Knight that never showed up in those 6 games.

Rest of the cards were OK but not overpowering neutrals. No Zombie Chow.

No weapons + No powerful class cards = 3 wins.

Nordicus

Yeah, the better advice is "don't blow all your dust on an epic or two". Because of what I've learned from early Hearthstone crafting, I was competitive in Duelyst and Solforge within a week of playing.
I hear ya... but I'm gonna make the most out of those 800 dust I dumped on Renounce Darkness :p
Something varied to play while I'm too poor for arena.

Top Bottom