• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Apathy

so many legendaries, and here i am stuck with smiths in every pack, i got 9 of them

Fuck they need to never every ever every ever make cards that do x-y variable damage. It's so much bullshit rng. People don't like that. It should just a set amount of damage so you can know exactly what to expect

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Finally got to level 20 in wow, it was fun to see how much I could recognize from hearthstone

CfJf6K8UsAAfljL.jpg

IvorB

Buy Classic packs with your gold at first. The cards will always be relevant and you'll get better stuff than you have now. If you remain absolutely committed to never spending any money you can save up for adventures later, but I wouldn't recommend using your gold that way. If you like the game it's worth paying for the adventures and using gold for packs.

Oh okay. The main reason I was looking at the adventures would be to unlock new cards though obviously playing them should be fun also. But if buying packs is the best bang for my buck I'll go with that.

I don't know if I'll ever spend money on this. I was really feeling for some card game action but since Magic Duels is still MIA on PS4 I downloaded this and having fun so far doing the single player and even wining a few matches against real opponents. I'll see how it goes but so far I really like how slick it is and only wish WotC could learn from this.

At 700 gold it's expensive for new players, but I would at least unlock the first wing of Naxxramas for future use.
In 4-5 weeks Standard mode will hit and the Naxxramas cards will rotate out and only be playable in Wild format. The adventure will vanish from the shop and you won't be able to get those cards with gold/real money anymore. Some of them are really good and it would suck to waste so much dust on them.

Yikes 700 gold is a lot for me right now. It seems a bit of struggle getting gold and I just want the best route to unlocked some good cards.

Finally got to level 20 in wow, it was fun to see how much I could recognize from hearthstone

CfJf6K8UsAAfljL.jpg

When I did it, I went to westfalls. And by chance I ran into old murk eye... for perhaps the only time doing the promotion, I was having a moment. Seeing him run across the beach, I was going to kill him. Put him down for good, like standard. I ran straight at him. I'm a monk so I am about to punch his lights out... and some douche on a mount tags him and kills him from nowhere.

Just reminded me of how dumb WOW actually is.

Hycran

Banned
I have two ideas for fixing hearthstone:

1: Make some buffs unsilenceable. This way you keep the power of silence affects but limit some of the buffs that are affected, thereby lowering its efficacy

2: Make BGH only target minions that have a base attack stat of 7 or higher such that he cannot be used against minions who have received buffs or are subject to increasing returns on their power level (micro machine, gruul, gaz, etc). This way he can still be a removal card, but his efficacy is further limited

discuss.

Apathy

Oh okay. The main reason I was looking at the adventures would be to unlock new cards though obviously playing them should be fun also. But if buying packs is the best bang for my buck I'll go with that.

I don't know if I'll ever spend money on this. I was really feeling for some card game action but since Magic Duels is still MIA on PS4 I downloaded this and having fun so far doing the single player and even wining a few matches against real opponents. I'll see how it goes but so far I really like how slick it is and only wish WotC could learn from this.

Yikes 700 gold is a lot for me right now. It seems a bit of struggle getting gold and I just want the best route to unlocked some good cards.

http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Quest

The secret (or unique) quests are some that are not advertised and that can reward you with gold or packs.

It'll always be good to spend gold on classic packs, and any packs from any in standard expansion. Arena is not usually recommended for new players till you get familiar with cards and their interactions with other cards, but if you get good at it (ie. get 5 wins on average) you end up paying for the arena with the gold reward you get from that arena (which in turn gets you at least a free pack).

We're also always here to help, so you can always ask questions, we're generally really nice, just high levels of sodium.

I have two ideas for fixing hearthstone:

1: Make some buffs unsilenceable. This way you keep the power of silence affects but limit some of the buffs that are affected, thereby lowering its efficacy

2: Make BGH only target minions that have a base attack stat of 7 or higher such that he cannot be used against minions who have received buffs or are subject to increasing returns on their power level (micro machine, gruul, gaz, etc). This way he can still be a removal card, but his efficacy is further limited

discuss.
I would rather silence just be class-based.

BGH shouldn't autokill anything. It's stupid.

fertygo

Made BGH Can't kill Legendary is good nerf I think

He still usable against giant or shit like that

Hell I don't even mind if he can kill ALL giant on enemy board, I mean they can play like 3 of them with 3 mana or something

its still fair

Made BGH Can't kill Legendary is good nerf I think

He still usable against giant or shit like that

Hell I don't even mind if he can kill ALL giant on enemy board, I mean they can play like 3 of them with 3 mana or something

its still fair
I would like to see Earth Elemental and Obsidian Destroyer become playable.

Ketch

Couldn't they just mess with the stats a bit on bgh? Like a 2/2 that kills 10 atk minions. Or something like that?

Zoggy

priest was healing his shade of naxxramas even though it was still in stealth.

wtf is that shit? stealthed minions can't be targeted by anything except priest's hero power?

wtf is that shit? stealthed minions can't be targeted by anything except priest's hero power?
Stealthed minions can't be targeted by the enemy, you can target your own stealth minions with anything you want.

Apathy

The opposing player can't target stealthed minions, you yourself can. The ones that can't be targeted by spells or hero power are stuff like spectral knight/laughing sister/faerie dragon. That mechanic is called Elusive ( http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Elusivehttp://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Elusive )

speaking of elusive, I'm surprised more legendaries (or minions too) don't come with it

Owzers

Oh. Well, at least I only did it for two Eviscerates.

when i started and was huntering, i caved and crafted an unleashed the hounds, helped a lot and i never drew it from a pack. But ideally....

edit: Seems like i'm never going to round out my standard legendaries i need from packs, getting one legendary every once in awhile and having it be lorewalker cho doesn't help my alex, ysera, deathwing, ragnaros, grommash needs.

Cat Party

The opposing player can't target stealthed minions, you yourself can. The ones that can't be targeted by spells or hero power are stuff like spectral knight/laughing sister/faerie dragon. That mechanic is called Elusive ( http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Elusivehttp://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Elusive )

speaking of elusive, I'm surprised more legendaries (or minions too) don't come with it

It would fuck up deck building. Spells are what really make the classes different, but if you had powerful elusive minions being a big part of the meta, you'd have to focus on battlecry minions to deal with them (off the top of my head, most of the minion destroying/disabling battlecries are on neutrals).

Zoggy

ethereal conjurer is hands down the best discover card.

mages spells are so good, you can always pick one that will really help you out in whatever situation you're in mid-late game.

its not fair goddamnit ;/

2nd is museum curator, but sometimes you'll pick a deathrattle minion that won't help you out whenever you're ready to play it.

manhack

mages spells are so good, you can always pick one that will really help you out in whatever situation you're in mid-late game.

2nd is museum curator, but sometimes you'll pick a deathrattle minion that won't help you out whenever you're ready to play it.

Yeah whenever a mage drops ethereal conjurer I'm like "uh oh" because there is a good chance they are gonna get something good and secrets are harder to play around from conjurer as well.

I still feel Azure Drake is an all around better card for consistency sake, but one off conjurer is pretty great.

manhack

Force is fine as long as Roar is nerfed. Ironbeak Owl is the other piece of shit that belongs with those other two.

I love the suggestion of making savage roar work on beasts only because it would keep Force on Nature intact and would help push the beast theme.

giapel

What about dark peddler? I feel it's at least better than museum curator.

Pooya

oh look new metasnapshot...

control warrior is now tier 1, secret paly tier 2. urggghghg RIP to my rogue adventures. I hate t/s.

If that's their ranking, zoo should be #1. It beats zoo and control warrior actually, patron is very winnable too. A lot better than druid vs patron or patron vs cw.

...secret paly vs * is better than all of those match ups...

ViviOggi

I do agree CW is strong right now, borderline tier 1 but not with Secredin in tier 2 LMAO
Tempostorm being Tempostorm

And yeah last season I had one of the easiest climbs ever with vanilla-ass Zoo

Peléo

Blizzard has more or less 3 weeks to reveal the last ~90 cards. They will probably keep up with their current pace, 2-3 per day, and then reveal the last 40 in a single bomb.

I would prefer I they just revealed a little bit everyday. It sucks to have dry weekends.

Pooya

Its artwork is quite wide and horizontal, wouldn't go so well on the card with most of it getting cropped or zoomed out.

IvorB

http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Quest

The secret (or unique) quests are some that are not advertised and that can reward you with gold or packs.

It'll always be good to spend gold on classic packs, and any packs from any in standard expansion. Arena is not usually recommended for new players till you get familiar with cards and their interactions with other cards, but if you get good at it (ie. get 5 wins on average) you end up paying for the arena with the gold reward you get from that arena (which in turn gets you at least a free pack).

We're also always here to help, so you can always ask questions, we're generally really nice, just high levels of sodium.

Thanks. I'm working my way through the single player quests now just unlocking cards for all the decks and chipping away at the daily quests. I've used the priest deck against human beings and so far won 2/lost 2 but I think I will swap over to the mage deck as that seems good. I really wish I could choose my own avatar for this though. :-(

I'll definitely pop back in if I have any more questions!

Played a guy that was playing exactly Kibler's concede Shadowfrom Reno Priest. He plays Reno, I'm like whatever I got 30 damage, I forgot I had 9 mana not 10, couldn't play Frostbolt, had to gamble on arcane missiles.

He lives on 1hp, but whatever right it's not like he can Reno again? He brews back the Reno and plays it again, fml. I actually won that game even though I had to do like 100 damage to his face.

Force is fine as long as Roar is nerfed. Ironbeak Owl is the other piece of shit that belongs with those other two.
I think Force just needs to say "These minions may not attack heroes", and the combo is fine.

Ironbeak Owl should just become a Hunter card. Let each class have a silence that fits it thematically.

That's why Keeper of Uldaman needs to be nerfed!
*nods* Definitely the most annoying Arena card, too.

Played a guy that was playing exactly Kibler's concede Shadowfrom Reno Priest. He plays Reno, I'm like whatever I got 30 damage, I forgot I had 9 mana not 10, couldn't play Frostbolt, had to gamble on arcane missiles.

He lives on 1hp, but whatever right it's not like he can Reno again? He brews back the Reno and plays it again, fml. I actually won that game even though I had to do like 100 damage to his face.
Mage playing Control Reno.
Drops Reno.
I kill Reno and sigh.
Duplicate procs.

@#%^!

They already stated earlier that they have narrowed it down to 10-12 cards.

I actually didn't see that, so I'm pretty interested in seeing what changes then. Hope it has a big impact so that the meta shifts a lot.

I feel like they'll look at Force of Nature over Savage Roar first. Different classes and all, but you never see Shamans run Bloodlust, or it's not for very long. I think a card that rewards keeping a full board is fine. Hard to say what will happen though.

As for Owl, I'd actually be surprised if that gets changed. It's a tool for both aggro and control decks, and it's very important for the former. I know people don't like aggro decks but I feel like everyone would hate a heavy control meta more.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Yeah, there's not going to be a Death's Bite replacement if they're moving the effect onto a minion.

I'm pretty suspicious that Tentacles For Arms will actually be the Warrior's only new weapon this set.

Top Bottom