• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

scarlet

Finally!

Got 300 gold from my 1000th win and it's in the 1st pack!

7cqZV37.png

So far I got Happy Rag, Cho (dust) and Sylvanas.

Now I need grumpy Rag

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Is it even worth trying out a freeze mage without any doomsayers, pyroblasts and only one ice block? I do have an alexstraza and thaurissan.

Levi

Banned
Well, today is Shaman day again. The perfect day to get a Rogue daily! That is, if I want to drop 3 ranks before I finish it, which apparently I did.

Hello, rank 13!

Rogue is by far my least played class (only 13 ranked wins and barely level 30 with it) so I shouldn't have done my daily in ranked, but you know what? Doing quests in casual is for the weak. Getting those ranked wins towards a golden hero someday is more important than protecting my ranking, especially since I've already hit 10 and I'm not going to bother trying to get 5 because I hate the braindead Shaman meta we've been gifted with in standard, thank you Based Brode.

Pooya

tempostorm is saying control warrior is #1, prepare for residentsleeper.

with this many hunters on ladder I wouldn't recommend it...

Dahbomb

Tempostorm back in troll mode again like the time they put Concede Mage at top. That's when you know meta has gotten stale.

I see no reason to use CW when you can get farmed by Midrange Hunters and Shaman.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Use promo code TEMPO to save 20% off your brain cells looking at the meta snapshot.

Levi

Banned
tempostorm is saying control warrior is #1, prepare for residentsleeper.

with this many hunters on ladder I wouldn't recommend it...

Tempostorm is dumb as hell. No way CW is #1.No way Midrange Shaman is tier 2. They are high as hell.

Tempostorm back in troll mode again like the time they put Concede Mage at top. That's when you know meta has gotten stale.

I see no reason to use CW when you can get farmed by Midrange Hunters and Shaman.

For real. When the two most played decks on ladder are bad match-ups... it's not like the ladder is all aggro Paladin and Zoo, which would make CW the best choice.

Wins in the arena should count towards the 3 wins get 10 gold quests.

people who are very good at arena are already making a profit on gold, dust and packs. Why give 'em even more? If you aren't at that level, it gives you something to work towards.

Wins in arena should count towards golden heroes, or some other kind of cosmetic reward (Platinum heroes?)

Pachimari

So I haven't been playing Hearthstone since they updated the game, as I were also on vacation, but now for some reason, I am terrified to jump back in. Is it easy to get into again after a 2 month break, and which mode should I be playing? I only just started up 3-4 months ago.

And will I be okay if I buy the Whispers of the Old Gods expansion with just 7 packs?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
So I haven't been playing Hearthstone since they updated the game, as I were also on vacation, but now for some reason, I am terrified to jump back in. Is it easy to get into again after a 2 month break, and which mode should I be playing? I only just started up 3-4 months ago.

And will I be okay if I buy the Whispers of the Old Gods expansion with just 7 packs?

You get 13 packs free.

Cthun is free also, makes it easy to make a basic deck for really cheap.

Dahbomb

It's easy to get back into.

You get free packs for playing Standard right off the bat and you will have enough to play a Cthun Druid (just need to craft Twin Emperors).

Even then you can play Midrange Shaman with 0 legendaries and mostly common rares and one Epic then easily get to rank 5 for the month.

fertygo

Tempo Mage better than Call of the Win Hunter?

Anyone remember the last time you see Tempo Mage in tourney?

Anyone remember the last time you lose Tempo Mage with the orcs?

patchday

Question #2: Is it okay to delete these basic builds that were already installed? Running out of deck space. I'm assuming people must be deleting the auto decks

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Thoughts on my current tempo mage and ways to improve it in the future? I'm poor so stuff like Thalnos and Archmage are fairly unrealistic at the moment, though if one was critical i could save up.

Miletius

Thoughts on my current tempo mage and ways to improve it in the future? I'm poor so stuff like Thalnos and Archmage are fairly unrealistic at the moment, though if one was critical i could save up.

Arcane Blasts seem like the obvious choice. They are epics, so it might be more budget friendly than Thalnos or Antionidas.

Other than that, I think a Cabalists Tome is a pretty solid choice improvement as well. I honestly don't know for sure, but Alex seems too slow for this deck. Feel like current tempo mage is a deck that fizzles out before turn 10 (I think a lot of Yogg variants play Yogg for that reason). So, Alex doesn't really do much, you ought to be out of steam by then, so you should probably look for more ways to win prior to Alex 9 - Burn.

Maybe replace Alexwith some other high value legendary that you do have. Nef?

Yogg-Saron's getting old quick. I know it's a novelty card but losing to a no skill, YOLO card is just so depressing and demoralising.

I know it was already RNGStone but this is some Xzibit "Yo Dawg" meme level shit.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I swear ever since Old Gods dropped my playing skills has drastically fallen.

I'm not near as good as I use to be either in ranked or arena. Maybe I was never that good to begin with though.

Yogg-Saron's getting old quick. I know it's a novelty card but losing to a no skill, YOLO card is just so depressing and demoralising.

I know it was already RNGStone but this is some Xzibit "Yo Dawg" meme level shit.
I think it's amazing how the game is so successful under such incompetent developers.

I swear ever since Old Gods dropped my playing skills has drastically fallen.

I'm not near as good as I use to be either in ranked or arena. Maybe I was never that good to begin with though.
I think pretty much everyone is feeling that way, because skill matters less now in the game than it ever has before.

I'm up to like 8 and 1 with this secret paladin deck, only lost to a c'thun priest.
I wish I had those cards so much right now, just so I could get to rank 5 and stop playing this shitty game for the rest of the month.

Dahbomb

I wish I had those cards so much right now, just so I could get to rank 5 and stop playing this shitty game for the rest of the month.
Or you can just uninstall and never have to play the game again.

Pulled Anomalous today, seems like it could be useful?
Nope. The card is pure garbage - Blizzard can't even figure out 1 legendary per class that's worth playing.

Somehow, folks at Blizzard thought you'd really want to spend mana on that crap. Can you even imagine sitting down and arguing for it?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Nope. The card is pure garbage - Blizzard can't even figure out 1 legendary per class that's worth playing.

Somehow, folks at Blizzard thought you'd really want to spend mana on that crap. Can you even imagine sitting down and arguing for it?

Does it entertain you to be so relentlessly negative?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Anomalous truly is garbo, though.

Why would you put a deathrattle board clear on a big minion that doesn't have taunt. Whyyyyyyyyyyy

Anomalous truly is garbo, though.

Why would you put a deathrattle board clear on a minion that doesn't have taunt. Whyyyyyyyyyyy
I just don't know what type of deck it's supposed to even go in. Freeze Mage?

You'd think they would give Mage a N'Zoth-synergy minion, but Anomalous arguably has negative synergy with N'Zoth.

Top Bottom