• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

I guess Reno Control Mage? You know, because you need another board clear AND a minion with awkward as hell stats.
That makes sense.

On the note of poorly designed cards: thank you to whoever in this thread brought up Herald Volazj. I forgot that he was my only legendary in 50 WotOG packs, and I kept him on the off-chance that someone discovers an amazing use for him.

DE'd.

scarlet

I don't have a lot of wotog. Only 13 free packs and bought 3 packs with coin. But got happy rag from one of it.

I'm focusing on making my classic collection larger first.

I decided to play some Wild, and it's pretty chill. I'm happy to see Piloted Shredder back over 50% Shaman matches after a Shaman killed me twice in a row on 5 turn tonight.

Why did they have to make everything about Wild so UGLY, though? Even your Wild pages are this horrible shit-brown color.

I don't have a lot of wotog. Only 13 free packs and bought 3 packs with coin. But got happy rag from one of it.

I'm focusing on making my classic collection larger first.

That's wise. I still only buy Classic packs.

Dahbomb

I bought $100 in stuff a month ago, and I think quitting would piss me off even more. If I hadn't been a fool and pre-ordered WotOG, I think I would quit with ease and never look back.
Man I did tell you not to pre-order lol.

I think we should be coming up on the next adventure/expansion though in a few months. Probably an Adventure mode. Blizzard at least tries to make impactful, deck defining cards with adventures because they need to make some impact with fewer cards.

Man I did tell you not to pre-order lol.

I think we should be coming up on the next adventure/expansion though in a few months. Probably an Adventure mode. Blizzard at least tries to make impactful, deck defining cards with adventures because they need to make some impact with fewer cards.
I didn't listen. :(

Never again!

Oh yeah, my Solforge account is up to like a 500 card collection already - that Legendary-only draft is really efficient and fun.

ZeroX03

Banned
Opponent gets three Dreams in a row with Ysera for the win. Infuriating.

Bye Faceless
Bye Faceless
Bye Faceless

One of those days.

squidyj

I just don't know what type of deck it's supposed to even go in. Freeze Mage?

You'd think they would give Mage a N'Zoth-synergy minion, but Anomalous arguably has negative synergy with N'Zoth.

n'zoth mage Kappa

Yeah I'm saving up for the next adventure. Haven't been buying packs at all and I'm back up to 1900 gold. Think I'll take it up to 2800 then start buying packs again.

Pooya

We should get more cards in like 40-50 days, early August probably. Adventures are far more exciting too and they don't have long marketing drag.

wishlist:
- some cards for rogue that make flurry nerf sensible. I want to see a board clear spell, they have to add something and a taunt.

- control warlock cards, it was one of the most beautiful and fun decks in the game, even playing against it was so much fun and interesting unlike cw or priest or paladin. it was a proactive control deck, now with no good heals and no molten, it's pretty much dead. I miss it a lot. They said they don't want same decks to be in the meta forever but that turned out to be hypocritical at best.

- shaman needs to get awful awful totems, like totems with a down side something like that.

- a 2 drop for paladin.

jgminto

Early game minions for Priest would be the main thing I want. 2 and 3 drops that can help maintain the board against aggressive openings would elevate them out of the bottom tier class range.

wiibomb

guys... do you think you could help me?

I have a problem, since the release of WotOG I was playing only with basic cards, I managed to accumulate 24 packs between WotOG and Classic packs up until today, I bought the 2 adventure expansions and now I opened all packs, but since then I have no idea what to do with all these cards, do you think you could help me build a deck or two from these?

I tried to find some recipes to at least learn a basic deck I could build, but so far they need a lot of dust to craft rares/epics/legends and I only have 180 dust. The Budget decks included also about 600 dust or something like that.

I made a list of the things I got (besides all the adventure cards), do you think you could help me somehow?
ltJVQ4R.png

EDIT: they are indexed by mana cost, I listed them in the order they appear on the game

Dahbomb

My wishlist.

*Good on curve 2 drop for Priest.

*Handlock/Renolock support cards. Please no more god damn aggressive/flood cards for Warlock.

*Good neutral heals and taunts.

*Good removal and/or AOE for Druid.

*Actual card draw for Hunter.

*Beefy weapon or weapon buff for Rogue.

*A 3 drop dragon for Mages, Dragon Mage has been kinda neglected as of late. Though Mages don't actually "need" much of anything at the moment.

Nothing significant for Warrior because they have everything at the moment, maybe a mid sized board clear that's somewhere between WW and Brawl.

Nothing for Shaman either unless it promotes a control archetype. Please no more curve god cards for them.

patchday

I wish I had those cards so much right now, just so I could get to rank 5 and stop playing this shitty game for the rest of the month.

just take a break. no point in forcing yourself to play a game you're starting to hate. I know I cut back on League of Legends massively myself

It's weird that they come out with cards so infrequently
They're kind of lazy/cheap in general.

n'zoth mage Kappa

Yeah I'm saving up for the next adventure. Haven't been buying packs at all and I'm back up to 1900 gold. Think I'll take it up to 2800 then start buying packs again.
Blow up your board twice!

I will start saving up, too.

We should get more cards in like 40-50 days, early August probably. Adventures are far more exciting too and they don't have long marketing drag.

wishlist:
- some cards for rogue that make flurry nerf sensible. I want to see a board clear spell, they have to add something and a taunt.

- control warlock cards, it was one of the most beautiful and fun decks in the game, even playing against it was so much fun and interesting unlike cw or priest or paladin. it was a proactive control deck, now with no good heals and no molten, it's pretty much dead. I miss it a lot. They said they don't want same decks to be in the meta forever but that turned out to be hypocritical at best.

- shaman needs to get awful awful totems, like totems with a down side something like that.

- a 2 drop for paladin.
2-drops for everyone!

typical poor life decisions
You have a weird obsession with me.

I liked how the game was shaping up pre-WotOG. I think the only thing I really hated back then was combo Druids.

just take a break. no point in forcing yourself to play a game you're starting to hate. I know I cut back on League of Legends massively myself
Maybe I will. I'm playing Wild right now and feeling a little better. I'm not saying Wild has a better meta, but the meta feels less...swingy for some reason. I wish I could articulate my thoughts on why it feels different.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

I have a problem, since the release of WotOG I was playing only with basic cards, I managed to accumulate 24 packs between WotOG and Classic packs up until today, I bought the 2 adventure expansions and now I opened all packs, but since then I have no idea what to do with all these cards, do you think you could help me build a deck or two from these?

I tried to find some recipes to at least learn a basic deck I could build, but so far they need a lot of dust to craft rares/epics/legends and I only have 180 dust. The Budget decks included also about 600 dust or something like that.

I made a list of the things I got (besides all the adventure cards), do you think you could help me somehow?

EDIT: they are indexed by mana cost, I listed them in the order they appear on the game

Sheng has decks that are basic only that give you a base to build from. Time to start grinding.

http://hearthstoneplayers.com/hearthstone-starter-basic-deck-collection-all-9-classes/

squidyj

This might just be me but when I'm playing I sometimes catch myself pretending my ladder match is being cast and what the casters would say about my play decisions.

I know everyone hates Shaman these days but what I'd like to see for them throughout the rest of the year would be;

A control oriented low mana cost minion so I'm not forced to run Tunnel Trogg and Totem Golem in every single deck.

A class dragon. How long have I been begging for this?

A high cost legendary that isn't completely reliant on comboing with other cards for it to be worthwhile.

fertygo

Good 1/2 drop for Warrior that not synergy oriented could've sweet

Warrior had the best 2 drop minion in the game but can't be used if not running dragon, fuck

I think you can make an alright hunter deck since you pulled one highmane, bow, and trap. Check out icy-veins http://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/hunter-standard-decks. They got lists for basic 0 dust and cheap <1000 decks.

My wishlist.

*Good on curve 2 drop for Priest.

*Handlock/Renolock support cards. Please no more god damn aggressive/flood cards for Warlock.

*Good neutral heals and taunts.

*Good removal and/or AOE for Druid.

*Actual card draw for Hunter.

*Beefy weapon or weapon buff for Rogue.

*A 3 drop dragon for Mages, Dragon Mage has been kinda neglected as of late. Though Mages don't actually "need" much of anything at the moment.

Nothing significant for Warrior because they have everything at the moment, maybe a mid sized board clear that's somewhere between WW and Brawl.

Nothing for Shaman either unless it promotes a control archetype. Please no more curve god cards for them.

Yea I'd agree I'd like a more proactive two drop for priest for how the game is, but curator still isn't have bad since you can pull a shade or infested tauren for turn 4. Or even a huge toad if you need something earlier.

Yea I'd agree I'd like a more proactive two drop for priest for how the game is, but curator still isn't have bad since you can pull a shade or infested tauren for turn 4. Or even a huge toad if you need something earlier.

The problem with Curator is that you need actual board presence by turn 2 when facing Shaman. Like I said a page ago, I had two Shaman in a row kill me on turn 5. If you're planning for the 4-drop, you're on the verge of dying in this meta.

The problem with Curator is that you need actual board presence by turn 2 when facing Shaman. Like I said a page ago, I had two Shaman in a row kill me on turn 5. If you're planning for the 4-drop, you're on the verge of dying in this meta.

which is why I said i'd like a more proactive two drop. I agree that you need board presence by turn 2 against shaman. The only way I win as priest against shaman right now is if they get bad hands or if I have a circle combo by turn 3 or 4. Forbidden shapling also helps out the curve by giving you something you can drop on turn 3 and later

which is why I said i'd like a more proactive two drop. I agree that you need board presence by turn 2 against shaman. The only way I win as priest against shaman right now is if they get bad hands or if I have a circle combo by turn 3 or 4. Forbidden shapling also helps out the curve by giving you something you can drop on turn 3 and later

Have you tried using Embrace the Shadow for turn 2 clears to punish Shaman that do Trogg, Coin, Wolves?

Might as well just run Doomsayer if you need a god damn board clear on TURN 2 of the game.
Priest turn 1: Northshire Cleric
Shaman turn 1: Trogg.
Priest turn 2: Curator.
Shaman turn 2: Coin + Spirit Wolves.

That's 7 damage on the board on the Shaman's end - Doomsayer will get crushed.

Let's say the Shaman doesn't coin, and just does Totem Golem. That's still 5 damage on the board, and all it takes is a Rockbiter or Lightning Bolt to help clear the Doomsayer.

Doomsayer is borderline worthless against a Shaman player with a solid starting hand, unfortunately.

Leezard

Priest turn 1: Northshire Cleric
Shaman turn 1: Trogg.
Priest turn 2: Curator.
Shaman turn 2: Coin + Spirit Wolves.

That's 7 damage on the board on the Shaman's end - Doomsayer will get crushed.

Let's say the Shaman doesn't coin, and just does Totem Golem. That's still 5 damage on the board, and all it takes is a Rockbiter or Lightning Bolt to help clear the Doomsayer.

Doomsayer is borderline worthless against a Shaman player with a solid starting hand, unfortunately.

Gotta play Doomsayer turn 2 instead of the curator, as shitty as it might feel.

That's why you run out doomsayer turn 2. Still removable but requires many resources to clear. Gotta be on the play though.

Gotta play Doomsayer turn 2 instead of the curator, as shitty as it might feel.
I've gotten hit by too many Earth Shocks. :-/

Personally, I've become less and less of a fan of Doomsayer.

I think Embrace the Shadow is nice because you don't have to hope it isn't countered. You just...need its combo card.

bjaelke

Earth Shock isn't even that popular anymore. Most of the competitive Shaman's this weekend ran Hex (slower decks) or nothing at all. Then again, not many decks were running Doomsayer, so there was little use for it.

rahji

why does everyone play the same decks? I am only seeing those "premade" tier 1 blabla decks, nothing else. If I am facing a hunter on ladder right now, I know exactly what cards he will have. That's a bit dull. Does no one experiment any more with new decks? Or is just the ladder not the right place for it?

scarlet

Earth Shock isn't even that popular anymore. Most of the competitive Shaman's this weekend ran Hex (slower decks) or nothing at all. Then again, not many decks were running Doomsayer, so there was little use for it.

I use 2 earth shock and 1 hex lol

bjaelke

why does everyone play the same decks? I am only seeing those "premade" tier 1 blabla decks, nothing else. If I am facing a hunter on ladder right now, I know exactly what cards he will have. That's a bit dull. Does no one experiment any more with new decks? Or is just the ladder not the right place for it?
It's just easier to look up a pre-made deck on the Internet than to experiment and tinker with your own creation, unfortunately. Personally I prefer the latter. Makes for a much more enjoyable experience (even if your winrate could've been higher). At least when you finally crack the formula.

I use 2 earth shock and 1 hex lol

Hopefully not aggro then.

Mulgrok

went from rank 6 to rank 11

worst losing streak since wotg release

almost every opponent has perfect curve or answers for everything I play

Maximus P

Only just started playing this.

Wow, the step from level 20 to level 19 is immense.ive gone from noobs like me to players that have obviously played this game a hell of a lot and/or have paid a great deal of money to open up packs and get immense cards.

It seems that what ever I put down my enemy has the perfect counter.

Hopefully I get lucky and open up a few good packs in the near future. Ive made a couple of decks based on the stuff ive learned in the OP, but I'm getting my ass kicked.

Tacitus_

Did twitch die for anyone else? Luckily I stream with VLC so I'm not beholden to their site but my chat disappeared completely. The main site won't open any channels either.

Top Bottom