• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Tacitus_

Good thing we still have reddit

OVPKBlA.png

EU servers have spread

E: now it works.

Probably cloudflare acting up or something like that

Pachimari

Only just started playing this.

Wow, the step from level 20 to level 19 is immense.ive gone from noobs like me to players that have obviously played this game a hell of a lot and/or have paid a great deal of money to open up packs and get immense cards.

It seems that what ever I put down my enemy has the perfect counter.

Hopefully I get lucky and open up a few good packs in the near future. Ive made a couple of decks based on the stuff ive learned in the OP, but I'm getting my ass kicked.

Please add me on Battle.net, I'm not that good either. What's your id?

My aggro beast hunter deck used to be good, but someone must have told the meta to make sure it doesn't win anymore.

My biggest issue right now is that the only decks I've put any work into are Aggro / Midrange, but I don't have the good cards for control decks yet so I've been burning out on grinding.

Next week I may try to make a run and get to rank 10 again, made it to 15 but have been hovering around 15-17 for the last couple of weeks.

Had a winning streak stopped by a control Warrior who played Brann plus Ancient Shieldbearer (+10 armor if C'thun has X stats) to basically act as Reno. Also didn't help that his Ysera refused to attack my Freezing Trap.

wiibomb

guys.. just bothering again..

after a lot of search I was planing to make this deck:

I don't have most of the legends except for Malkork, I saw that Varian can be replace with Faraam which I have also and I also saw that Cairne can be somewhat safe replaced with Arcanite Reaper, so I was planning that route.

but I also would need Gromm and Ragnaros, which I don't have and most probably will never because of their cost... is there a replacement for those?

Rosenskjold

Malko'rok created by Shifting Shade created by Museum Curator :(

Also, this season seems crazy, I'm in rank 12 inching every win out and constantly facing people with legend cardbacks, guess everyone is busy with exams so they don't play as much.

but I also would need Gromm and Ragnaros, which I don't have and most probably will never because of their cost... is there a replacement for those?

I don't know Tempo Warrior all that well, but the thing with Gromm and Ragnaros is that they're really good finishers that you'll really need.

What higher end legendaries do you have? What you'll need are cards that have reach to deal damage to finish off your opponent.

First things to come to mind are Nightblade or Northsea Kracken, since they can deal unavoidable face damage. Nightblade was used in some Warrior decks a while back, but a 4/4 body is pretty terrible. Kraken is a decent card, but it'll come out a turn later than Ragnaros and Gromm.

I don't have most of the legends except for Malkork, I saw that Varian can be replace with Faraam which I have also and I also saw that Cairne can be somewhat safe replaced with Arcanite Reaper, so I was planning that route.

You're basically substituting all of the win conditions in the deck out - it's not going to work.

Consider Pirate Warrior if you're new to the game.

Levi

Banned

Running both Malkorok and Arcanite is a little awkward. Maybe consider running a brawl instead of the reaper.

For Rag and Gromm.. you need a finisher. There has to be a win condition, a big threat you're building towards, or else the deck doesn't work. What legendaries do you have? If you don't have legendaries, you can use North Sea Kraken and Bog Creeper in those slots, maybe a Gorehowl, but the deck isn't going to be as consistent.

fertygo

Maybe I'm just on an unlucky streak, but I feel like almost everyone is playing decks that counter tempo warrior in this seaosn.

I already up to rank 8 with play mostly Tempo Warrior

btw its recommended to switch deck if you encounter 2-4 losing streak, at least it can refresh you

wiibomb

I don't know Tempo Warrior all that well, but the thing with Gromm and Ragnaros is that they're really good finishers that you'll really need.

What higher end legendaries do you have? What you'll need are cards that have reach to deal damage to finish off your opponent.

First things to come to mind are Nightblade or Northsea Kracken, since they can deal unavoidable face damage. Nightblade was used in some Warrior decks a while back, but a 4/4 body is pretty terrible. Kraken is a decent card, but it'll come out a turn later than Ragnaros and Gromm.

I don't have many... just Malkorok, Deathwing, Dragonlord, Sir Finley Mrrgglton, Brann Bronzebeard, Elise Starseeker, Emperor Thaurisan, Reno Jackson, Rend Blackhand, Chromaggus, Arch-Thief Rafaam, Majordomo: Executus, Nefarian and C'Thun.

most of them are from the adventures, got 2 on the packs

may be I need to go back and search for more deck options now that I see those 2 cards are the winning conditions... most of them use a hell load of dust, I just have 180.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
btw its recommended to switch deck if you encounter 2-4 losing streak, at least it can refresh you

I completely agree with this advice. Even for pushing into the higher ranks. People always say they stick with one deck all the way to legend, but that seems insane to me. Don't be crazy and trying to play 10 decks at once, but swap to a different deck once in a while to refresh your mind. Especially during long sessions where you can get tired.

Levi

Banned
What decks would those be? lol

Tempo Warrior loses pretty hard against midrange hunter, control warrior and c'thun control warrior. You can also easily lose vs Tempo Mage or Shaman if they draw better than you do.

It crushes zoo and is generally favored vs Shaman (as much as any midrange deck can be) but it's certainly not as good as was when Standard first started and you saw more Rogues and Paladins and fewer hunters.

may be I need to go back and search for more deck options now that I see those 2 cards are the winning conditions... most of them use a hell load of dust, I just have 180.

If you think you'll enjoy playing Tempo Warrior, I say go for it. Even though Ragnaros and Gromm are win conditions, they are only two cards. I've had decks where I've replaced a card or two to improve it, then I never draw them in 3-5 games. The main thing is, if you have more fun playing a cool deck over just flat out winning, then go for the former.

I would say try it out with Nefarian and another heavy hitter if you have them. Northsea Kraken, Obsidian Destroyer, Force-Tank MAX, Eldritch Horror, or Faceless Behemoth could work. You just have to realize while Ragnaros and Gromm are good cards, they both effect the board the moment they're on it. It's why I would recommend Kraken the most, the four damage being able to hit for lethal or swing for board presence.

But again, if you really want to play a deck, just go for it. And yes, one or two cards can make or break a deck, but I would say it's worthwhile to at least see if it's something you'll have fun playing.

Levi

Banned

Do you have Shield Slams, gorehowl or brawls? You could make a pretty decent control warrior with your legendaries if you have those warrior epics.

wiibomb

If you think you'll enjoy playing Tempo Warrior, I say go for it. Even though Ragnaros and Gromm are win conditions, they are only two cards. I've had decks where I've replaced a card or two to improve it, then I never draw them in 3-5 games. The main thing is, if you have more fun playing a cool deck over just flat out winning, then go for the former.

I would say try it out with Nefarian and another heavy hitter if you have them. Northsea Kraken, Obsidian Destroyer, Force-Tank MAX, Eldritch Horror, or Faceless Behemoth could work. You just have to realize while Ragnaros and Gromm are good cards, they both effect the board the moment they're on it. It's why I would recommend Kraken the most, the four damage being able to hit for lethal or swing for board presence.

But again, if you really want to play a deck, just go for it. And yes, one or two cards can make or break a deck, but I would say it's worthwhile to at least see if it's something you'll have fun playing.

to be honest, I just started yesterday will non-basic cards, I bought the 2 adventures (and won the cards) as well as opening the 24 packs I had unopened, so right now I have a load of cards which I don't know what to do to build a deck, previously I run just the decks Trump put for us in the Basic tier, now that I'm trying to check more options, most of the decks out there have a lot of costs.

I need to check more sites with more non-legend requirements, all sites that people share with me have a lot of legends required

Do you have Shield Slams, gorehowl or brawls? You could make a pretty decent control warrior with your legendaries if you have those warrior epics.

no, no and... no :(

I searched Tempo warrior because it seems like the most approximate deck I could build by dusting a lot of what I have, the other being some weird kinds of zoo decks, but since I had Malkorok I had to ask if I could make substitutes for the others. Not the case, it seems

Tempo Warrior loses pretty hard against midrange hunter, control warrior and c'thun control warrior. You can also easily lose vs Tempo Mage or Shaman if they draw better than you do.

It crushes zoo and is generally favored vs Shaman (as much as any midrange deck can be) but it's certainly not as good as was when Standard first started and you saw more Rogues and Paladins and fewer hunters.

I also saw how it had a very hard time against miracle rogues

Levi

Banned
no, no and... no :(

I searched Tempo warrior because it seems like the most approximate deck I could build by dusting a lot of what I have, the other being some weird kinds of zoo decks, but since I had Malkorok I had to ask if I could make substitutes for the others. Not the case, it seems

I also saw how it had a very hard time against miracle rogues

I played a janky tempo warrior on my EU account with lots of substitution, including North Sea Kraken, and I had a lot of fun. I think you should at least experiment. Add me in NA or EU Levi#1147 and I can spectate you playing the deck and maybe give you a few tips. I'm not the greatest HS player but I do have a golden warrior portrait and experience with playing cheap versions of tempo and control warrior.

scarlet

I played a janky tempo warrior on my EU account with lots of substitution, including North Sea Kraken, and I had a lot of fun. I think you should at least experiment. Add me in NA or EU Levi#1147 and I can spectate you playing the deck and maybe give you a few tips. I'm not the greatest HS player but I do have a golden warrior portrait and experience with playing cheap versions of tempo and control warrior.

I added you too

wiibomb

BTW, I had to ask:

I opened in some packs some golden cards that I though I might be as well dust to create others I might use, this is the list, if they are not used at all, I should dust them for something better, do you think I should dust them?

Blood Warriors (Epic)
Spawn of N'zoth (common)
Blackwater Pirate (Rare)
Frothing Berserker (Rare, that's one I know I shouldn't be dusting)
Temple Enforcer (Common)
Defias Ringleader (common)
Deathwing, Dragonlord (Legend), This is the only card I don't want to dust

that's a hell lot for me, I added you... do you have some cheap versions you personally use? I could use that help

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Dusting golden cards you don't currently have a use for to craft cards you do have a use for can't be wrong.

It is the normal cards you should often hold back from dusting even if you don't currently need them.

Dahbomb

Classes that are in a terrible spot right now:

*Rogue: The Miracle playstyle is getting slaughtered on ladder as it just can't hold back the aggression and tempo plays. With Miracle getting whooped, there's no strong Rogue deck to use anymore.

*Druid: All of their decks are sub par now and get beat by all kinds of decks. Can't hang against control decks, can't hang against aggro/midrange decks. Slow class with bad removals and AOE clears.

*Priest: Enough said.

*Paladin: Nzoth Paladin figured out, Aggro Paladin doesn't cut it much when the other classes are also dumping their hand as fast as you are.

*Hunter: People are on that Hunter high right now when they are forgetting that Hunter just like Shaman remains a terribly designed class and is ONLY seeing play right now because of how broken Call of the Wild is. If you took out Call of the Wild, then Hunter would be trash.

Shaman is still a terribly designed class that plays the exact same way that it always has... put stuff on the board and then win more. If they can't do that then they are dumpster tier... if they can do that then they are god tier. The only class that Blizzard succeeded in making a diverse class with the Standard format and nerf was Warrior.

Mage and Warlock have historically been two of the most versatile classes but now they feel limited and shoehorned into playing the same stuff as everyone else.

Next adventure/expansion doesn't have advantage of having a format switch PLUS nerfs to bring about change to the game... Blizzard has to actually worthwhile cards for a bunch of classes or actually start re-designing stuff because this whole "new way to play" PR they were spinning is definitely not panning out as advertised.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I personally don't dust gold cards until they get rotated out of standard. If you are on a budget you should probably DE all spare golds but if you care about shinies I think it is better to hold on in case you ever do find a use for them. Gold cards are crazy expensive to craft so having regrets on dusting one is not something you want.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Classes that are in a terrible spot right now:

*Rogue: The Miracle playstyle is getting slaughtered on ladder as it just can't hold back the aggression and tempo plays. With Miracle getting whooped, there's no strong Rogue deck to use anymore.

*Druid: All of their decks are sub par now and get beat by all kinds of decks. Can't hang against control decks, can't hang against aggro/midrange decks. Slow class with bad removals and AOE clears.

*Priest: Enough said.

*Paladin: Nzoth Paladin figured out, Aggro Paladin doesn't cut it much when the other classes are also dumping their hand as fast as you are.

*Hunter: People are on that Hunter high right now when they are forgetting that Hunter just like Shaman remains a terribly designed class and is ONLY seeing play right now because of how broken Call of the Wild is. If you took out Call of the Wild, then Hunter would be trash.

Shaman is still a terribly designed class that plays the exact same way that it always has... put stuff on the board and then win more. If they can't do that then they are dumpster tier... if they can do that then they are god tier. The only class that Blizzard succeeded in making a diverse class with the Standard format and nerf was Warrior.

Mage and Warlock have historically been two of the most versatile classes but now they feel limited and shoehorned into playing the same stuff as everyone else.

Next adventure/expansion doesn't have advantage of having a format switch PLUS nerfs to bring about change to the game... Blizzard has to actually worthwhile cards for a bunch of classes or actually start re-designing stuff because this whole "new way to play" PR they were spinning is definitely not panning out as advertised.

I just lost to like all of these lol

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Holy fuuuuuck. I just got my first ever 12 win run !!!

bifL39w.png

Of course it was with Rogue. Cause what else gets to 12 wins these days, lol? The amount of tempo plays I had at any one time was stupid. Honestly, it probably would've been a crime if I didn't do 12 wins with this. I'm just gonna savor this, complete my quests, and I'm done with Hearthstone for a couple of days. I saw a Hunter and Druid up at 10 wins too!

Final boss was a Mage that I had to play around Flamestrike for like 5 turns on. They had two Cone of Colds and got Armor Up! from Finely. If I didn't topdeck my last Eviscerate I definitely would have lost.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Play against Yogg?

Always get total bullshit spells and lose.

Decide fuck it yolo if you can't beat'em join'em

Craft Yogg

Only get garbage spells that don't help me

:|

Pooya

decks that won dreamhack for RDU, aka your ladder experience, last hero standing format is closer to ladder experience unlike conquest that's entirely different.

http://imgur.com/a/ThWOQ

tempo mage is back in a big way for like a week now and evolving still I guess.

look at the new slowed down standard meta with fresh new archetypes unlike what we had before, just as Blizzard foretold.
Emoticon_laugh.gif

Fishlake

Made it to rank 10 today with my custom warlock deck. In the wild as well.

I'm amazed how much more enjoyable the wild is compared to standard.

Very few net decks in the teens.

For comparison I'm at rank 19 in standard playing probably around the same amount of games.

You get to face the same people so rematches are common.

It's so much fun to win against someone you just lost to.

I have made lots of friends here.

squidyj

reminds me of

Hey [STREAMER], I want to play control warrior but I'm missing: Grommash, Alexstrasza, Harrison, Sylvanas, Baron Geddon, Shield Slam, Brawl, Naxx, and the Hearthstone game. Can you suggest replacements?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
why isn't my golden paladin hero portrait show up? I got it a few days ago and realized just now that it's not showing up..

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
When I got my golden warrior I had to delete my warrior decks and remake them.

Gotcha, thanks!

Edit: rank 5 secret pally this month as well. 42-16. Much slower than last time but 72% is still an insane win ratio.

Just fought Tempo Warrior with Kel'Thuzad in Wild - rofl.

Desert Camel is kind of an odd choice in this meta. Do you really want to pull a Fiery Bat vs. Mana Wyrm or Tunnel Trogg?

KuroNeeko

Man, what's with the BM'ing?

Played three games with N'zoth Miracle Rogue that I felt were really tight games. Lost all three times to top decks and just random shit. I mean, it's not like we're playing in the Diamond Leagues or anything, we're rank 14 scrubs--who gives a shit if you win or lose.

That's it. You guys want to BM, I'm just going to go back to playing Priest. I'll just roulette between N'zoth, Control, and Stealyourshit Randuin. YOU DID THIS TO YOURSELVES!

Man, what's with the BM'ing?

Played three games with N'zoth Miracle Rogue that I felt were really tight games. Lost all three times to top decks and just random shit. I mean, it's not like we're playing in the Diamond Leagues or anything, we're rank 14 scrubs--who gives a shit if you win or lose.

That's it. You guys want to BM, I'm just going to go back to playing Priest. I'll just roulette between N'zoth, Control, and Stealyourshit Randuin. YOU DID THIS TO YOURSELVES!
So people BM you, and you try to teach them a lesson by switching to the worst class in the game?

jgminto

lol I had a dude call me a retard because I was running Acolytes in my Tempo Yogg deck alongside Arcane Intellect and Azures (which Hotform runs in this list) since apparently it doesn't make sense to run that much card draw in this meta. This meta dominated by Aggro Shaman and Zoolock...doesn't need card draw where you lose if you don't have early clears. And of course, this guy was playing shaman if you hadn't guessed that already.

Edit: Oh, I forgot that he also Sir Finley'd for Lifetap that game but draw isn't important in this meta.

Top Bottom