• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

scarlet

Bought S7 edge, so I don't have to bring my iPad to play it outside home. And I got 3 free packs yaay, I haven't opened it tho

edit: Only got 1 epic lol, but got 1 armorsmith which is my 1st one

Asbel

Man wish I started doing Brawls sooner. I didnt know they gave a free card pack til last week when I did my first Brawl :(

And its tons of fun.
This brawl is the most fun I've had in this game in a long time. Most brawls are just ok and laddering gets boring. Getting to play Blade of Cthun, Shadowstep, Blade of Cthun or Cthun, Duplicate, Cthun, Cthun is really fun. Unfortunately, everytime I tried these setups with Yogg, he loses me the game.

patchday

Yeah Weekly Brawl is a blast.

time to upgrade my iPhone. Been avoiding getting wrapped up in another 2 yr contract but Hearthstone wont run on my iPhone 4. It seems I need to be on iphone 4s at least

The cold part about it is it let me install the game but refuses to run

scarlet

time to upgrade my iPhone. Been avoiding getting wrapped up in another 2 yr contract but Hearthstone wont run on my iPhone 4. It seems I need to be on iphone 4s at least

I was using Galaxy S4 and it was a torture. So I bring my iPad everywhere.

Do you get free packs and card back too from new iPhone?

Still at 15, had a loss streak and then a win streak. Have only been putting in like 15 minutes a day though.

I played a Paladin mirror who's deck seemed to be made to hard counter Paladin / Aggro decks. First time I've seen it.

Ladekabel

I was playing Hearthstone occasionally on a iPhone 4S until a few months ago. If you want to do more than checking quests I'd recommend a newer model.

scarlet

The reason why I wasn't playing since launch cuz it runs like shit on my s4.

Playable but frustrating.

And to think someone's playing on older phone than mine.

clav

My S4 ran this game really well. I just don't play on it cuz of the memory size and battery drain.

If manufactures sold phones with low resolutions like 720p or 1080p, then battery life would last a lot longer.

This dumb push of making 2K/4K/8K/ over 9K screens is killing the environment. Energy and resources.

I think the HTC 10 has a feature of running the game at 1080p rather than 2K to save some battery, so it's start. However, the phone is still running at 2K for other things. Not like the screen flickers on a desktop/laptop monitor.

People would have Hearthstone running longer on the go.

I think the insistence on using higher res. is pushing an agenda of video codec hardware SoCs on new screens, but that topic is not Hearthstone related.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Dat feel when you're in the Brawl and you play Yogg and you get Mal'Ganis off Bane of Doom into Conceal.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I've opened over 70 Old Gods packs now and still only one Legendary. And it was the Boogeymonster.

y u do dis to me Blizzard

Less than 10 to go for your second legendary.

bunbun777

It is so satisfying pummeling a shaman as warrior. Both his faceless, both his lightening storms, watching him hex my bloodhoof brave right before I drop cairne, "that was an error", killing everything on his side while armoring up and finally playing Varian for that insta concede.

Dre

I love this Brawl it makes my Herald Volazj look like a good card. I even pulled off an Ancient One once because of him.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
welp, time to go for that monthly rank 5 in wild.

Was bored so I decided to make an Arena run.

Got a half decent, but not great Mage deck going.

My first game is against a Paladin with all the answers - Muster, Rallying Blade, Truesilver, Keeper of Uldaman, etc. Should get to 10 wins easy.

Spellslinger gives me Cabalist's Tome, which gives me Flamestrike and Flame Lance, letting me clear board while he has to topdeck an answer. My Snowchugger freezes his face for 6 turns while I eke out a win.

Lol Hearthstone.

ZealousD

In arena.

My Curve:
Turn 1: Clockwork Gnome
Turn 2: Shielded Minibot
Turn 3: Coin Evil Heckler
Turn 4: Tazdingo

Now I know what you're thinking. "Zealous, why are you so cancerous?". Well, let me tell you about a little thing called his curve. As a warrior.

His Curve:
Turn 1: Nothing
Turn 2: Flame Juggler (kills my Clockwork Gnome)
Turn 3. Spider Tank
Turn 4: Death's Bite + Free Dread Corsair

I got wrecked. This was at 0-0.

Ladekabel

It was probably said enough times, but the nerf for Knife Juggeler didn't do jack shit with the problem of the card. That juggles are still game deciding.

Yes, it is worse on curve. But even as a 3/2 it was rarely played on turn 2.

ZealousD

It was probably said enough times, but the nerf for Knife Juggeler didn't do jack shit with the problem of the card. That juggles are still game deciding.

Yes, it is worse on curve. But even as a 3/2 it was rarely played on turn 2.

You would be seeing a whole lot more of the card if it hadn't been nerfed.

The card is called Knife Juggler. There was never going to be a point where it didn't juggle knives.

clav

You would be seeing a whole lot more of the card if it hadn't been nerfed.

The card is called Knife Juggler. There was never going to be a point where it didn't juggle knives.

Maybe if it chose friendlies and hurt itself as well, then it would be balanced.

Another Paladin, another win in Arena. 2-0 so far, but barely.

0ItVkdt.png

iMp2Po9.png

Also fuck playing on mobile. I had like 4 disconnects that almost lost me the game.

clav

Yeah, never playing ranked / arena on cell data again. On my phone, it's gotta be Wi-Fi or bust.

Wi-Fi TCP performance on those devices is terrible although most games run UDP, so I assume both protocols suck.

Again, latencies are bad compared to a laptop/desktop. Always get 100+ ping here regardless of distance.

Playing Warrior at Rank 16 with Zoolock.

-He plays Elise and then Brawl. The survivor is my Sea Giant.
-I topdeck Doomguard with my hand empty, and immediately Tap out another Doomguard. I almost concede out of shame.
-After playing the Doomguard, I run my Flame Imp into his Bloodhoof unnecessarily. Still tilted.
-Opponent plays Sylvanas and equips Fiery Axe. I'm at 9 HP.
-I stupidly Tap the next turn. He now has lethal.
-Next turn he runs Sylvanas into Doomguard (why) and steals an Imp.
-Next turn I top deck Abusive and use it with PO on my Imp Boss for lethal.

I didn't deserve that win.

br3wnor

Varian is amazing in this brawl.

I had Varian pull Ysera, Rag and Grommash on turn one only to get Deathwinged, still got the 12 damage off on him but went from insta win to a drawn out game. Put Deathwing in my own pack afte that as insurance, won me a couple of games that would have went south real fast otherwise.

I had Varian pull Ysera, Rag and Grommash on turn one only to get Deathwinged, still got the 12 damage off on him but went from insta win to a drawn out game. Put Deathwing in my own pack afte that as insurance, won me a couple of games that would have went south real fast otherwise.

I just want Varian to pull two Blood of the Ancient Ones, is that too much to ask for?

Welp, my run ended due to yet again another Paladin.

Pick weapons, y'all. It wins. He had two Argent Lances, a Muster For Battle, and two Truesilver Champions.

That right there is like 15 damage alone.

Hey look, another pack of 5 cards I already have. Thanks for the dust.

*EDIT* Oh look, lost a perfectly won game to a Yogg-Saron. Alright, I'm done for tonight.

ZenaxPure

Got a gold Herald Volazj from a pack. I don't really follow the meta or anything, has this guy been useful in any good decks or should I dust him and craft another legendary?

Also hilariously enough I got a Deathwing Dragonlord in the same pack. Not golden though so I will just hang on to him.

Got a gold Herald Volazj from a pack. I don't really follow the meta or anything, has this guy been useful in any good decks or should I dust him and craft another legendary?

Also hilariously enough I got a Deathwing Dragonlord in the same pack. Not golden though so I will just hang on to him.

That's a pretty sick pack.

Personally I'd dust the Volazj though, unless of course your collection is nearly complete and you don't really need anything.

squidyj

I have 19 hp and my zoo opponent has 2 cards in hand, my play is between using savage roar to set him to 1 with my board or play yogg to hopefully clear his board.

I do the math and I'm not dead to 2xPO, he already played leeroy to clear my cenarius, and he won't be able to tap.
he has 3 minions on board.
he plays peddler which gets him a mortal coil
mortal coil draws him gormok which is activated with the peddler on board
his other 2 cards are PO.

My druid can't repel RNG of that magnitude.
:/

Levi

Banned
xpbVBfs.png

Got the Brawl quest on my EU account, built this Rogue deck that went 5-1. My EU card count is pretty limited but Rogue has some sick tempo cards that means facing a slow deck I can keep sapping or assassinating what they play while I develop my side of the board with taunts and winning the tempo/value game.

Against fast decks I drop big taunts and big minions they can't deal with and then I kill them with fatties.

Only game I lost was when my turn 1 Ragnaros was Facelessed, and then killed by the opposing Rag, and I didn't have sap or assassinate yet.

Even beat a Paladin who Alex'ed me to 15 on turn one and BM emoted me after. You better believe when killed him I BMed him right back.

Didn't face one Varian Warriors, which I assume I'd auto lose to unless I had both Vanishes in my opening hand.

Dust Volajz the moment you can.

Levi

Banned
1-1 in arena, my opponent plays double innervate Y'Sharaj on turn fucking six.

So happy I wasted my gold to get offered garbage cards and face constructed ramp druid at one and fucking one.

Top Bottom