• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

scarlet

I'd never approved people from my last match instantly. Cuz I'm afraid they're just gonna start argument.

So I'd approve them few days later. Maybe when they're already forget

lol I had a dude call me a retard because I was running Acolytes in my Tempo Yogg deck alongside Arcane Intellect and Azures (which Hotform runs in this list) since apparently it doesn't make sense to run that much card draw in this meta. This meta dominated by Aggro Shaman and Zoolock...doesn't need card draw where you lose if you don't have early clears. And of course, this guy was playing shaman if you hadn't guessed that already.

Edit: Oh, I forgot that he also Sir Finley'd for Lifetap that game but draw isn't important in this meta.
Some people are so salty they don't care about what's going on.

I am still not sold on Finley for Aggro Shaman. I get that the totems aren't great, but I can count on my hand the number of times I've gotten real use out of Finley's hero power switch. Maybe others have differing experiences, though.

Why would you ever though? Maybe against Priest. Maybe.
I had a guy pop it vs. my Freeze Mage. Ice Barrier had prevented early game damage, so it provided him some nice burst to start in on me, and Freeze Mage doesn't have many other targets for the spell.

scarlet

My last watch was against a mage that keep spamming emotes.

He thought he had lethal. Little that he knows that I've lethal first and of course I ended it with an emote.

I hate the emotes. Seriously it's annoying

Razakin

My last watch was against a mage that keep spamming emotes.

He thought he had lethal. Little that he knows that I've lethal first and of course I ended it with an emote.

I hate the emotes. Seriously it's annoying
Love matches like that, feels so good to drop same emote back when you beat the opponent spamming emotes.

Especially when I mostly always are watching something when playing HS, so emote spam doesn't much matter.

I'd never approved people from my last match instantly. Cuz I'm afraid they're just gonna start argument.

I love it when people send me messages to talk shit after I beat them. It may be my favorite part of the game.

I wish the game didn't have so much nastiness. On numerous occasions I have tried to friend people just to say "Sick play", "That was an epic match", or "What deck are you using?" I've only had two people accept my invitation because they think it will be nasty. :-/

KuroNeeko

So people BM you, and you try to teach them a lesson by switching to the worst class in the game?

Sure, because it's not about winning or losing, but about stealing as many of your cards as I can. The people I do beat will probably quit Hearthstone forever.

I wish the game didn't have so much nastiness. On numerous occasions I have tried to friend people just to say "Sick play", "That was an epic match", or "What deck are you using?" I've only had two people accept my invitation because they think it will be nasty. :-/

About 1/4th of my friend list is made up of people I've invited after I lost a game (or won and liked something about their decks.) The majority of the players I've played against just care about winning or BMing when things don't go their way (which at rank 14 happens a lot.)

It's a game. Who gives a shit. I don't know why people have to BM or go postal over it. I've got a good job, two kids, a great wife...winning or losing in Hearthstone doesn't mean anything. Why is everyone so serious. lol

Having said that, Shadowverse came out in Japan (and other countries), so I've been playing a lot more of that than Hearthstone recently.

Fuck Yogg Saron ended his chain with a mass silence getting rid of all the buffs it gave my creatures and my taunts, buffed his yogg to 11 which was exactly enough the next turn to hit me for 24!...

Opponent was at 9 with no board and ended with an 11/5 a 5/3 taunt and a 2/3 taunt. Gods fuck that card.

Piloted Shredder gives me Cho when I have 4 spells in hand, come on, and I just had a winstreak going.

scarlet

Using my custom zoo against warrior

Turn 1 Argent squire

Turn 1 warrior used coin and axes

Turn 2 ooze

Warrior concedes. I laughed.

But in my next match I had lethal and lost my connection and can't reconnect.

edit: oh apparently I won!

edit 2: OMG another legendary LOL

Nx36Iu4.png

Free 400 dust

Considering to buy a the rest of BRM so I can dust Chromaggus/Nefarian & Rend to craft Grumpy Rag.

Brawl is the dumbest RNG card wildly played, 1/6 chance of ending unfavorably for me, ofc opponent gets to keep his Cairne while I lose my entire board.

On the other hand racing Hunter feels good. 1/3 chance Sylvanas doesn't get my taunter and I live another turn, I didn't get another turn. Stupid negativity bias. Next game 2/3 chance not to get the stupid turn 1 secret keeper out of truesilver range... Done for today, too much stupid RNG.

Daigoro

hah most of the people on my FL are from doing this

well that's just not true. a competitive FPS where you are just outclassed for instance. of course the original quote isnt true either...

Sure, because it's not about winning or losing, but about stealing as many of your cards as I can. The people I do beat will probably quit Hearthstone forever.

About 1/4th of my friend list is made up of people I've invited after I lost a game (or won and liked something about their decks.) The majority of the players I've played against just care about winning or BMing when things don't go their way (which at rank 14 happens a lot.)

It's a game. Who gives a shit. I don't know why people have to BM or go postal over it. I've got a good job, two kids, a great wife...winning or losing in Hearthstone doesn't mean anything. Why is everyone so serious. lol

Having said that, Shadowverse came out in Japan (and other countries), so I've been playing a lot more of that than Hearthstone recently.
ROFL, you are onto something there. Some people have awful life situations that lead them to be hurtful toward others for no reason on the internet. I remember reading an article about a married man that was unhappy in his marriage, but the wife had no idea. He was perfectly kind to her, but would go online and post on random sites calling girls whores and such. Some of my in-laws are those kinds of people, I suspect.

I looked up Shadowverse, and this image showed up:

So...yeah, I'll give it a try.

In all seriousness, if cool card games release, folks here should let others know. There's no real "Digital Card Game OT" on GAF, so this is the best we have for sharing info. I know posts by others made me aware of Solforge and Spellweaver, and I appreciate that knowledge being shared.

C'Thun Warrior
Dragon N'zoth Priest
C'thun Priest
Midrange Hunter (not a counter per se, but often a tough matchup)
So Warrior and Hunter, then?

Only in Hearthstone can you get destroyed by a guy then play him immediately after and then destroy him in return.
Not true, but I understand the sentiment. It's actually my favorite moment because I want to believe it teaches them how dumb the game is, and not to take it so seriously.

Brawl is the dumbest RNG card wildly played, 1/6 chance of ending unfavorably for me, ofc opponent gets to keep his Cairne while I lose my entire board.

On the other hand racing Hunter feels good. 1/3 chance Sylvanas doesn't get my taunter and I live another turn, I didn't get another turn. Stupid negativity bias. Next game 2/3 chance not to get the stupid turn 1 secret keeper out of truesilver range... Done for today, too much stupid RNG.
Agreed on Brawl. How the community has let Blizzard get away with some of these cards...

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Decide to try and run spell slinger

Get anyfin and sacrificial pact in consecutive games which are dead cards

Seriously Blizz? This is how you gonna do me?

Went 5-3 in arena with a Rogue deck. Got 100 gold and a pack. Pack gave me this:

This is my 2nd legendary from a pack (I have so many!), and it is also useless to me. My other legendary is Edwin VanCleef.

I also have 1120 gold. Only adventure I have is first wing of Naxxramas. Should I buy the first thing of Blackrock or League, or just do arena like I usually do?

Vanillalite

On the subject of having a general CCG topic thread I'd be down.

I'd love to explore more games in the genre.

I'll admit Hearth has me spoiled though. I can't go back to something that doesn't have cloud saves so I can play on PC, Tablet, and Phone. Hard to go back to games that don't.

Decide to try and run spell slinger

Get anyfin and sacrificial pact in consecutive games which are dead cards

Seriously Blizz? This is how you gonna do me?
Spellslinger should read: "Instantly lose the game." That's pretty much my experience with that card, and it's a blessing whenever my opponent plays it, too.

I'm absolutely convinced that Spellslinger has some AI behind it, because the cards it gives me have always been contextually amazing when my opponent plays it.

Went 5-3 in arena with a Rogue deck. Got 100 gold and a pack. Pack gave me this:

This is my 2nd legendary from a pack (I have so many!), and it is also useless to me. My other legendary is Edwin VanCleef.

I also have 1120 gold. Only adventure I have is first wing of Naxxramas. Should I buy the first thing of Blackrock or League, or just do arena like I usually do?
Oh no, who did this to you Nami? :-(

Arena is ALWAYS the best bang for your buck for expanding your collection in this game. That said, the real answer depends on what you want to do in this game. Blackrock Mountain, I think, doesn't have many useful cards in the current meta. Outside of Flamewaker, I can only think of dragon decks.

fertygo

The only thing that I dislike about Brawl is its not made any sense why my minion"brawling" among themselves its weird and jank as shit.

If its Rogue card and called Crowd Manipulation or False Rumor its will actually made sense.

I'd recommend League over Blackrock, it has more useful standalone cards.
Yeah, I was seeing that from the deck lists I was looking up. A lot of them had League cards in them. The parts of League also seem to give more cards, so that makes the gold spend easier.

Oh no, who did this to you Nami? :-(

Arena is ALWAYS the best bang for your buck for expanding your collection in this game. That said, the real answer depends on what you want to do in this game. Blackrock Mountain, I think, doesn't have many useful cards in the current meta. Outside of Flamewaker, I can only think of dragon decks.

Haha, did what to me?

Right now my average arena is 4.29 wins. I only have 17 arenas recorded, but I probably still average below 5 at best. Arena is the mode I enjoy the most. This is probably because I can't make great decks in Constructed. Best I did was rank 15 some season with a Paladin deck before Minibots and stuff were gone.

I know some streamers I watch say to get the first part of Blackrock and then get League. I believe this is for Emperor Thaurissan. I don't see him being super useful in decks I am able to make, though.

The only thing that I dislike about Brawl is its not made any sense why my minion"brawling" among themselves its weird and jank as shit.

If its Rogue card and called Crowd Manipulation or False Rumor its will actually made sense.
Brawls are notorious for friendly fire.

Yeah, I was seeing that from the deck lists I was looking up. A lot of them had League cards in them. The parts of League also seem to give more cards, so that makes the gold spend easier.

Haha, did what to me?

Right now my average arena is 4.29 wins. I only have 17 arenas recorded, but I probably still average below 5 at best. Arena is the mode I enjoy the most. This is probably because I can't make great decks in Constructed. Best I did was rank 15 some season with a Paladin deck before Minibots and stuff were gone.

I know some streamers I watch say to get the first part of Blackrock and then get League. I believe this is for Emperor Thaurissan. I don't see him being super useful in decks I am able to make, though.
Got you into Hearthstone. :p

Thaurissan is only useful in combo decks - I don't think he's worth getting in this meta, especially. Freeze Mage is not very reliable right now.

Got you into Hearthstone. :p

Thaurissan is only useful in combo decks - I don't think he's worth getting in this meta, especially. Freeze Mage is not very reliable right now.

I guess technically my brother told me about the game. I've been playing since shortly after it was fully released, just not often. I mostly play a bunch multiple times throughout the year, and then not play at all. I did play a decent amount on the bus last year, but I eventually became too tired to even want to play.

I guess I could possibly get the first part of League. I would still have a decent amount of gold left.

wiibomb

ok so I made a budget Mage C'Thun deck that has been working wonders for me, thanks to Levi I made some more work to get some cards I needed, I have won 3 out of the 3 matches I have played, with some very interesting classes, one control warrior and 2 C'thun druids. I used this Budget C'Thun Tempo Mage deck I have been seeing everywhere

I didn't had some cards, so I replaced them with others I had of similar value, I also took out the Sen'jin Shieldmasta here's my deck:

any suggestions? I thought I might had added Emperor Thaurissan instead of Boulderfist Ogre, but I kept it because I thought the extra body of the boulderfist could work better than the effect of thaurissan

Vanillalite

I'd personally drop Ogre and add in another Faceless.

With so much tempo and aggro having two bodies on the board for one play is the better move IMO.

The only other idea would be to drop bolder for Sylvanas.

Also run two Mana Wyrms if you got them. You need another 1 drop anyways.

wiibomb

I'd personally drop Ogre and add in another Faceless.

With so much tempo and aggro having two bodies on the board for one play is the better move IMO.

The only other idea would be to drop bolder for Sylvanas.

Also run two Mana Wyrms if you got them. You need another 1 drop anyways.

I really want to add those 2, but I don't have the dust for that yet, I'll have to wait a little more to get something out of my packs. I had to spend my dust for 1 C'Thun's Chosen, 1 Azure Drake and 1 Mana Wyrm

well, that or dust my cards, which I'm not so fond of because of how little dust I get from them

frequency

Hearthstone became pretty fun again after Whispers of the Old Gods was released. Had fun with it until these last few weeks. It seems now everyone just has stupid burst damage and there aren't enough board clears or healing or anything to keep up anymore. Losing half my life by turn 4-5 is a common occurrence and I feel like there's nothing I can do about it. It feels really bad losing to people who ignore my minion and just punch and soulfire my face because I just can't stabilize or if I do then there's like 14 damage burst out of hand anyway.

It's just endless frustration now. Probably time to take another extended break.

Vanillalite

I really want to add those 2, but I don't have the dust for that yet, I'll have to wait a little more to get something out of my packs. I had to spend my dust for 1 C'Thun's Chosen, 1 Azure Drake and 1 Mana Wyrm

well, that or dust my cards, which I'm not so fond of because of how little dust I get from them

It's all good! Your deck isn't a bad setup, and you are smart enough to have some card draw.

br3wnor

Tempo Warrior really is something else. I've been playing pretty much since launch and never made it past Rank 12, finally cracked Rank 10 this season.

Granted it took a win streak to go from 13-10, but when this deck draws right it's really strong. A lot of win conditions, way to stave off aggro early on, some RNG goodness w/ Varian. I had a game before where Varian pulled: Cairne, Rag and the 3/4 Monkey Taunt, it was beautiful. Gonna see how far I can rank up the rest of this season, would love to hit 5 or better.

wiibomb

It's all good! Your deck isn't a bad setup, and you are smart enough to have some card draw.

That's one of my main concerns, I always forget to do something about the card draw or usually don't pay much attention to that and then on the later turns I get starved to death

Tempo Warrior really is something else. I've been playing pretty much since launch and never made it past Rank 12, finally cracked Rank 10 this season.

Granted it took a win streak to go from 13-10, but when this deck draws right it's really strong. A lot of win conditions, way to stave off aggro early on, some RNG goodness w/ Varian. I had a game before where Varian pulled: Cairne, Rag and the 3/4 Monkey Taunt, it was beautiful. Gonna see how far I can rank up the rest of this season, would love to hit 5 or better.

I would love to make that deck someday, but I'll need to get Gromm and Varian for it to work (not an easy task by any means)

MMaRsu

guys.. just bothering again..

after a lot of search I was planing to make this deck:

I don't have most of the legends except for Malkork, I saw that Varian can be replace with Faraam which I have also and I also saw that Cairne can be somewhat safe replaced with Arcanite Reaper, so I was planning that route.

but I also would need Gromm and Ragnaros, which I don't have and most probably will never because of their cost... is there a replacement for those?

If you're gonna run that deck, at least put two grims in or something

MMaRsu

Hearthstone became pretty fun again after Whispers of the Old Gods was released. Had fun with it until these last few weeks. It seems now everyone just has stupid burst damage and there aren't enough board clears or healing or anything to keep up anymore. Losing half my life by turn 4-5 is a common occurrence and I feel like there's nothing I can do about it. It feels really bad losing to people who ignore my minion and just punch and soulfire my face because I just can't stabilize or if I do then there's like 14 damage burst out of hand anyway.

It's just endless frustration now. Probably time to take another extended break.

Imo it took a turn for the worst. I hate C'thun and how basically almost everyone runs a c'thun deck.

Top Bottom