• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

ViviOggi

YASSSSSSSS another amazing Warrior common

Pretty much confirms they're not going to reprint Death's Bite, alas... talk all you want about it being op, badly designed or w/e but this leaves a massive gap in Warrior's 4-slot. I assume Blizz realizes this as they've done a good job on Warrior and Shaman so far.

Apathy

Yeah, there's not going to be a Death's Bite replacement if they're moving the effect onto a minion.

I'm pretty suspicious that Tentacles For Arms will actually be the Warrior's only new weapon this set.

I guess you could argue the pirate card as a weapon

That card is like mini Dread Infernal which is already pretty good, getting the damage on Battlecry instead of deathrattle is way better and more reliable.

Warrior still needs a decent Death's Bite replacement though.

ViviOggi

Punishing Paladin shitlords' coined Muster in arena

Dahbomb

ravaging-ghoul.png

Revealed by blizzpro.
Much, much, much needed card for Warriors to retain the Patron Warrior deck.

Glad Blizzard printed this card.

Great in Arena too as it's a common.

Oh and Tempostorm has reached maximum "the word that shall not be spoken" with their tier list. Secret Paladin not in top 2 decks of the game means you can automatically ignore that and continue to play your Secret Paladin.

They do this every now and then to try to throw off the meta on purpose.

FeD.nL

What is interesting is how the emphasis on powerful class cards seems to be even bigger than before. I haven't seen a single Sea Reaver tier class card so far. Hopefully this keeps up.

Owzers

I'm patiently waiting for decks to take a hit, starting with control warrior, hoping for freeze Mage, and then blizzard making a few more anti aggro cards so pure face doesn't fill the gap. Control warrior on top, I played a lot against them to rank 5 last season, hope this is the last at current strength.

V-Faction

That card is blowing up my nerd sensibilities. Corrupted ghouls do not make sense. They're already undead. You can't (or so I presumed) just toss 'old god funk' on stuff willy-nilly to corrupt it if it's already corrupt. Go corrupt some kobolds or bear asses. Consistency, Blizzard!

The actual card: This effect is so smart. Makes Sea Reaver look like a piece of shit.

Pooya

That card is good but wild pyro still makes more sense for patron, you can always play both.

The question is if you want to play patron still, the viability of the deck depends on the meta more so than others. It's good now because we're in this tempo/midrange meta. It's not good if control decks are more popular. This card is a good control and activator in general, not just for patron.

Ketch

The ferocious beast recipe for Druid is not terrible. I took out jungle panther and the two wild knights for 2 Druids of the fang and nature's wrath.

I find that you don't really need as much card draw with the tomb spiders and mounted raptors. But wild knight is terrible, it's not even a beast.

Also, tomb spider is a really good card.

Pooya

The problem with tomb spider is that it can't discover druid cards and those are the best beasts druid wants to play, it's a lot better in hunter.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Secret pally tier 2 now? Yeah, I guess rank 17 to 5 in 3 hours wasn't good enough to retain tier 1.

ViviOggi

It can't discover Druid of the Claw/Flame which is what I assume miladesn is getting at, however there's still some pretty good Druid beasts with Mounted Raptor and Savage Combatant (Moonkin can be crazy in specific situations but otherwise sucks, Malorne is from GvG)

Should I just once before it's not the same deck break down and build this? Just so I can see what it's like.
Just watch a random "New Hearthstone player rank 25 Secret Paladin play" video on YT, there's literally nothing more to the Secredin experience

Should I just once before it's not the same deck break down and build this? Just so I can see what it's like.
You can still play it in Wild whenever you want, I'm sure it'll still be super strong barring some nerfs(though I don't know if any cards in that deck are getting nerfed).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Want to get golden epic as a reward for free before it gets erased from the game? If yes, do it.

Then again, wild will still be wild

No, it can't
Shouldn't it be able to discover any Druid cards with the Beast tribe on it? For example, Savage Combatant, Mounted Raptor, Malorne, etc.

Of course, it can't discover transformation beats like Bear Form, Hawk Form, etc, since those are non-collectable.

Yeah, what ViviOggi said.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The ghoul seems too expensive for Patron. Seems more like the kind of card you put into some kind of Enrage Warrior. I think Fierce Monkey might just be more general purpose than the Ghoul.

Pooya

Shouldn't it be able to discover any Druid cards with the Beast tribe on it? For example, Savage Combatant, Mounted Raptor, Malorne, etc.

Of course, it can't discover transformation beats like Bear Form, Hawk Form, etc, since those are non-collectable.

Druid cards as in druid of ----, those are the best beasts in a beast druid :p

tomb spider can give you savage combatant which is okay and jungle moonkin which is awful. I'm not a fan of raptor personally, it's ok card but if I'm playing a 3/3 discover a beast I expect better average outcomes, best outcome from it for you is tiger. It's better to just play card draw which druid is getting one now.

ViviOggi

The ability to impact the board and spawn Patrons around turn 5 without using up a billion cards is what let the deck live on as a crippled midrange variant, I really don't see it surviving the loss of Death's Bite. You won't be able to make 4 Patrons before turn 6 now, it'll cost you at least 3 cards and there's no effect on the board beyond the whirlwind effect, so there'll be leftover minions to trade down your Patrons. And if the meta really shifts towards midrange, which in turn means higher value of board clears, then things become really ugly.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looks like a cool card. I'm hoping we get some more enrage cards, since Classic the only one has been the godawful warbot.

I keep wanting cards to make Axe Flinger Viable, but this will most likely just be used in Patrion decks to proc patrons, armor smiths, acolytes, ect.

Who cares about remaking the patron warrior deck. This card is good just for control. It's a fan of knives that draws and plays a 3/3 instead of drawing a card. The fact it hits your own minions is just extra synergy in control warrior. It's pretty insane for a 3 drop, sorta like muster for battle was in gvg.

I play much less warrior these days but still seems like something that could become auto-include in most warrior archetypes.

--

I somehow got 5 wins with my bloodlust/doomhammer midrange shaman deck... and only played bloodlust once and never even drew doomhammer.

ZealousD

Looks like a cool card. I'm hoping we get some more enrage cards, since Classic the only one has been the godawful warbot.

I keep wanting cards to make Axe Flinger Viable, but this will most likely just be used in Patrion decks to proc patrons, armor smiths, acolytes, ect.

Dragon Egg and Axe Flinger are both kind of like Enrage cards. I made a deck that ran both and it was comical how much it crushed face hunter. You dealt with their bodies so easily and you could race them too. Seeing a Face Hunter use KC on a frothing berserker is a beautiful sight.

ZealousD

Who cares about remaking the patron warrior deck. This card is good just for control. It's a fan of knives that draws and plays a 3/3 instead of drawing a card. The fact it hits your own minions is just extra synergy in control warrior. It's pretty insane for a 3 drop, sorta like muster for battle was in gvg.

I play much less warrior these days but still seems like something that could become auto-include in most warrior archetypes.

Whirlwind is losing a lot of usefulness with Muster and Implosion going away. This card competes with Bash, fierce monkey, and Frothing berserker. I don't see it being an auto-include in all that much. Maybe Reno Warrior would pick it.

Ridli

New warrior ghoul is super nice. I don't think it'll do much to keep patron in standard but it's great to have a whirlwind effect that also puts a body on the board.

rukland

Want to get golden epic as a reward for free before it gets erased from the game? If yes, do it.

Then again, wild will still be wild

Hmmm I am so close to pulling the trigger on crafting what I need. Just dunno if I am going to regret this down the road.

Dahbomb

How the fuck then is this Legendary?

22389.png
Similar statline, is a Beast, effect can occur multiple times versus once and is in Hunter vs Warrior.

Warrior needs a lot of these WW effects, Hunter doesn't. It's a very unique effect for Hunter and synergizes with Acidmaw.

Dreadscale is more like a mini Baron Geddon.

If Cho'gall isn't the alt Warlock hero then I'm at a loss.

Teron'gor? Another evil orc? That would be kind of lame. The only ones left are extremely powerful demons like Archimonde or Kil'Jaeden.

Top Bottom