• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Oh and I'm assuming the Elemental has no text? I'd think it'd say something about that on the weapon.

It would yeah. Think Sludge Belcher. It mentions how the 1/2 Slime has Taunt.

7749.png

georly

I bet the 4/2 Elemental has a Deathrattle too!

Deathrattle: Overload for (3).

What if the deathrattle re-equips the weapon and laughs at all new warrior weapons.
It would yeah. Think Sludge Belcher. It mentions how the 1/2 Slime has Taunt.

Are there any cards that summon minions that don't describe what the minions do? I feel like it exists. Maybe it summons a named minion, and that's how it gets around that rule?

Animal companion summons leokk. I doubt it's a named elemental, though. Unless it's one of several random 4/2 named elementals.

Szadek

Hm... not sure what to think of this card.
This one is really hard to predict. Although, if it fails, it's probably because of the pretty bad stats of the elemental.
This card probably would be better if it had overload 1 and cost 4 mana, since you can kill all the 3 mana cards.

Portugeezer

My guess is Ironbeak Owl's text will be changed to "Silence a Beast". Basically, making it a very narrow tech choice as opposed to the "bypass all taunts" tech it is right now.

With ridiculous shit like Belcher, I don't blame people that use Owl to bypass taunts.

However, if they nerfed it as you wish, then it would have to become a 3/2 minion, similar to Lights Champions in mana:stats.

Are there any cards that summon minions that don't describe what the minions do? I feel like it exists. Maybe it summons a named minion, and that's how it gets around that rule?

Animal companion summons leokk. I doubt it's a named elemental, though. Unless it's one of several random 4/2 named elementals.

Outside of Animal Companion, there's this guy;

It falls under the same idea that there are four AWESOME Inventions. I guess the idea is that after playing with the card enough, you'd get to know what possibilities there are.

Outside of those two cards, it looks like anything that summons anything else mentions the stats and any effects it has.(Taunt, Charge, Deathrattle, etc)

Edit: Actually, I was always a little disappointed in Dragonling Mechanic and Razorfen Hunter. They explicitly say what the name of their add is, but the actual minions on the board have generic names! (Mr. Bitey and Tuskerr respectively.)

Pooya

t1: tunnel trogg/
t2: totem golem
t3: coin tuskarr totemic.
t4: master of evolution on the useless 3 mana 3/2 body of tuskarr. OR thing from below.
t5: this weapon, absolute board control
t6: fire elemental plus a 4/2 summoned on board.
t7: pending
t8: Al'Akir

seems good to me.

Any reason?

Only fits in a hyper-aggressive deck, in my opinion. Based on current Shaman cards, I'm not sure a 4/2 vanilla card is going to help much with anything but maybe being lucky to go face on the following turn.

But, if we're talking aggro Shaman, there are better 4-drops or cards that can get around Taunt. And, since aggro shaman usually already has a Doomhammer, it'd be quite a lot of weapons to have both Doomhammer and this.

I don't know, I could be wrong, but I'm just not a fan, especially when Doomhammer is so much better for face due to the benefit it gets from Rockbiter.

Dahbomb

That card screams "being designed around Harrison Jones!"

Card is alright, I would say it's balanced. Maybe that's not good enough to see play. I think most people are just waiting to see how Blizzard approaches the Rockbiter plus Doomhammer combo.

Tarazet

Card is alright, I would say it's balanced. Maybe that's not good enough to see play. I think most people are just waiting to see how Blizzard approaches the Rockbiter plus Doomhammer combo.

Yeah, it trades with Harrison but Ooze also gets a favorable trade with it. If only Bloodsail Corsair were a 2/1.. what a terrible card that is.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Wild growth plus you get an 3/3 for 2 more mana. That's actually pretty crazy. And if your opponent is hyper aggressive you still can get 2 bodies as a kind of better version of dragonling mechanic.

Turn 4 is right on the fringe of it being worthwhile to sacrifice tempo for ramping so it's not exactly a 2 mana 3/3.

However it does lead to dreams like turn 2 wild growth or Darnassus into turn 3 this, which is far better than doubling up on wild growths or Darnassuses.

4 mana 3/3 + 2/2 isn't great synergy with a ramp deck but I guess it's good enough if you draw it late game or really need it to counter aggro.

I could also see 4 mana 3/3 + 2/2 being very good in the token decks. I think it's actually quite a bit better than Dragonling Mechanic on its own with that stat distribution, and that's already seen some play in those druid token decks.

Sheroking

I'm not sure Ramp Druid has a real 4 drop at this point anyway. Keeper of the Grove is a situational card and Savage Combatant is basically a 6 drop. Shredder is gone. Would that deck play a 3-3 that ramps over a vanilla 4-5 like Yeti?

I think so.

CoolOff

I liked Noxious idea of stripping the overload and making it 7 mana. The problem right now is that it comes out too early. Maybe 6+1?

Danj

So I have 56% winrate over 104 games with miladesn's SMOrc paladin deck. Is that bad, or just average? I'm at rank 16 and it's back to win-lose-win-lose now.

ViviOggi

So I have 56% winrate over 104 games with miladesn's SMOrc paladin deck. Is that bad, or just average? I'm at rank 16 and it's back to win-lose-win-lose now.
If that's starting from the trench and already getting closer to 50% around rank 15 it's... not too great. I don't know the list but any decently built aggro Paladin should make for a smooth ride to 5.

How to become a living meme

Danj

If that's starting from the trench and already getting closer to 50% around rank 15 it's... not too great. I don't know the list but any decently built aggro Paladin should make for a smooth ride to 5.

No, that includes a bunch of last month's games too. I started from Rank 20 this month. Here it is:

miladesn said:

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I'm not sure Ramp Druid has a real 4 drop at this point anyway. Keeper of the Grove is a situational card and Savage Combatant is basically a 6 drop. Shredder is gone. Would that deck play a 3-3 that ramps over a vanilla 4-5 like Yeti?

I think so.

Ramp usually plays Tazdingo. This is probably more valuable as it allows you to Ramp into your more significant taunts like Ancient of War, or maybe Sunwalker comes back. Turn 4 Sunwalker is pretty scary. Or maybe Master Jouster instead?

My guess is Ironbeak Owl's text will be changed to "Silence a Beast". Basically, making it a very narrow tech choice as opposed to the "bypass all taunts" tech it is right now.
I hate the fucking owl but I have no problem with it silencing taunts. It's that it can silence ANYTHING. If it was just taunts then I'd be ok with that.

But whenever I play something, even something simple that might get me a brief upper hand, like say Water Elemental since I'm playing against a Warrior...nope, here comes the bird to take a giant fucking dump on whatever strategy I may have had.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Control Warrior beating Secret Paladin on the snapshot is some serious lols. Tempostorm is useless. They aren't describing they meta. They are trying to BE the meta.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Control Warrior beating Secret Paladin on the snapshot is some serious lols. Tempostorm is useless. They aren't describing they meta. They are trying to BE the meta.

Pretty much. They've done some silly stuff before but dropping secretdin to tier 2 is hilarious when they've had druid as the top dog for what feel like forever despite having bad matchups being the rest of what they have in that tier.

Like...what.

Ridli

Druid card seems... okay. Usually by 4 mana I'm not thinking about ramp. I mean, right now I don't see myself replacing aspirant/wild growth for this, and I can't imagine running aspirant/growth + new card.

I will say that this is probably great for anyone who wants to run a Reno Druid deck. Having Innervate + growth + aspirant + swamp is a pretty good variety.

V-Faction

That's the 3rd Shaman weapon with Deathrattle in a row. I guess that's the class's hook now? Maybe Blizz HQ is too scared to give weapons Overload again in fear of making them too good.

As far the tempo game, I think it's a nice follow up after Thing From Below or Master of Evolution. It doesn't eat into your next turn like Doomhamer will. Also, the minion is specifically NAMED as 'Elemental' which is interesting. Potentially more Elemental text in future cards?

3HUqQ16.png

he is coming

Well Met x7

Inversive

godhand and yet still not unwinnable for the warrior :/ you're right, game is broken. I mean what did you even have for your first 3 turns?

ok pro player, not sure what difference any 1-2 mana card would have made? Game was lost due to imbalance by turn 3, gj blizz as always. (long term wow player :D)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Last night played against a Druid that ran Ancestral Communion and now im watching Reynad and he's also facing an Ancestral Communion Druid... is this a thing now ?
Pretty cool.

Sheroking

ok pro player, not sure what difference any 1-2 mana card would have made? Game was lost due to imbalance by turn 3, gj blizz as always. (long term wow player :D)

Pretty much every version of Warrior clowns Mech Mage. If the Mage had the god draw and you had none of the relevant removal, I can see how you'd lose and be annoyed by that. The game balance is still in your favor.

StayDead

Took a bet on the pity count for TGT and brought 15 packs. Got a golden fist of jarraxus which I've wanted for a while and got my first TGT legendary (Eadric the Pure). Kind of impressed that worked out.

manhack

The game is not balanced in the typical sense. There are a lot of mana acceleration and RNG based swing cards that can decide games on the spot.

As others mentioned you could potentially get a brawl and come back from that position or you could slam the piloted shredder into a doomsayer and he would lose his board.

That is not a typical mech mage start and, to be fair. the mech mage player drew the nut opening. Not many decks can beat a perfect opening from another deck, especially something like a slow warrior deck that is reacting to minions played rather than putting pressure on the board themselves.

Either way it is best not to take the results of each individual Hearthstone game as an indication of "balanced" or "unbalanced". Over time the RNG balanced out and you are left with typical win rate and you just have to enjoy the game for the time waster it really is.

Dahbomb

I mean, I'm gonna disagree with that statement... but it would be nice for liquid to discuss rankings again. It's been 4 months since the their last tier list.
Rightfully so because TL knows ain't nothing really changed for 4 months.

IvorB

So I finally unlocked all the basic cards and got another 100 gold. What is recommended for a beginner: should I continue buying packs from the classic set or should I spread it out and get some from the Grand Tournament expansion?

Deck tier lists are boring. But regarding secret paladin, I'm not surprised even slightly to see it knocked down to tier 2.

So I finally unlocked all the basic cards and got another 100 gold. What is recommended for a beginner: should I continue buying packs form the classic set or should I spread it out and get some from the Grand Tournament expansion?

I think classic is the best investment. Once you know what deck or decks you want to build, you can then narrow down whats the best set to buy from. Classic still has a lot of strong cards used in a wide variety of decks.

ViviOggi

People complaining about general balance because they got rekt by the Mech Mage nuts that one time... good times, pure classic.

Like, I'm the last one to defend Blizzard's decisions over the past two years but Mech Mage has NEVER been a problem.

Rightfully so because TL knows ain't nothing really changed for 4 months.
LMAO sad but true

Papercuts

I still remember when people were calling for mechwarper's head to be nerfed.

Though it technically is still OP for what it does, it's a bit of a necessary evil(and mech is RIP anyway soon).

Druid card seems... okay. Usually by 4 mana I'm not thinking about ramp. I mean, right now I don't see myself replacing aspirant/wild growth for this, and I can't imagine running aspirant/growth + new card.

I will say that this is probably great for anyone who wants to run a Reno Druid deck. Having Innervate + growth + aspirant + swamp is a pretty good variety.

4 mana is a strong power slot for druid. Innervate shredder on 2 is great, but typically not given a followup aside from wrath on a minion or shade which tends to be their only playable 3. Innervate into this into ANOTHER 4 drop the next turn is disgusting. That's the dream with it, or wild growth into that into a 6. Losing shredder for standard opens some spots and I'd say this is a nice fit, it wouldn't really be in place of a lower drop.

Papercuts

Aside from stealth anton, what also would get me is when shredder drops a fucking mech to enable blastmage.

Top Bottom