• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Pooya

If it's coming on 26th, we should be seeing nerfs 19th the latest. The patch could come out days earlier too. IIRC, TGT patch came out like 2-3 days before the expansion, you could look at the cards in your collection but nothing was playable of course and we had the TGTI brawl before the set was out. So we could potentially look at the Wednesday before for patch release, which is 20th. Which means we could see the nerfs in almost a week from now!

Probably this time they just patch it on Monday :(

georly

It's not a 5/5 for 4. It's a 3/3 and a 2/2 for 4.

You can't just add the stats together. Otherwise Razorfen Hunter would be as good as Spider Tank and Dragonling Mechanic would be as good as Yeti. Neither is true.

Big reason hunter/mech aren't as good is because you can ping off their add w/ a 1 damage class. Point still valid though. Either way, there are still often benefits to having 2 smaller minions vs 1 big minion, but not always.

Pooya

Blizzard really values their Asian customers. It's something else over there, I guess there are serious local competitors for them unlike over here.

Apathy

Blizzard really values their Asian customers. It's something else over there, I guess there are serious local competitors for them unlike over here.

From what reddit is saying it's because of the huge charge back backlash from Koreans when standard was announced.

georly

Any good guides on the amazon coins way to preorder? When's the best time? Should I wait for some magical amazon coins promotion? Is one going on now?

Pooya

got the asia pack and they were pretty good. 2 golden epics, gorehowl and sword of justice. Well, I got some pack opening from it, it's been a while I opened some together. Single packs aren't satisfying. yeah, I'm not going to play on Asia too.

6 minions on board, all 1/1.

Flanewaker hits face twice.

Opponent gets exact lethal.

Fuck this RNG mage bullshit, I think I'm too unlucky to be playing Tempo Mage.

All of the Hearthstone RNG has made me appreciate more sound strategy games.

Can't get myself out of the dumpster ranks with Patron because everything is a horrible matchup. What does well against control priest, control warrior, face hunter and mech mage? I guess Aggro Shaman?
Patron Warrior beats half of those. I destroy face decks with ease. Priest is the deck's worst matchup. Control Warrior depends on if they draw Brawl, and whether you can protect the Patrons from Brawl.

Hybrid Hunter got me to rank 12 already this season, with my own flavorings.

Tarazet

All of the Hearthstone RNG has made me appreciate more sound strategy games.

Patron Warrior beats half of those. I destroy face decks with ease. Priest is the deck's worst matchup. Control Warrior depends on if they draw Brawl, and whether you can protect the Patrons from Brawl..

I NEVER beat Mech Mage with Patron. Just too much shit to remove and not enough tools to do it. Annoy-o-Tron alone can win their games for them. As for Control Warrior, if you've faced one that didn't have Brawl in hand for your patrons and Execute for your Grom, you are one in a million.

That feel when you go against a Golden Warrior with a golden deck and he chooses death once you light bomb and double entomb his puny minions. Long live Priest!

ViviOggi

Playing into Priests's shitty spells as CW in 2016

With light bomb leaving standard, priests are going to get hurt bad

Playing into Priests's shitty spells as CW in 2016

It's almost too funny when you see a CW slowly trickling out minions when I'm sitting there waiting for him to drop the big dogs and light bomb his ass.

Sadly, I've come to the realization the light bomb play is no longer in standard, but I'll still work with soul priest and circle heal as an alternative.

Apathy

It's almost too funny when you see a CW slowly trickling out minions when I'm sitting there waiting for him to drop the big dogs and light bomb his ass.

Sadly, I've come to the realization the light bomb play is no longer in standard, but I'll still work with soul priest and circle heal as an alternative.

Yeah, but it won't be the same as being able to completely fuck their big guys.

Yeah, but it won't be the same as being able to completely fuck their big guys.

True, but I hope it is one of the cards Blizzard will consider adding to standard. If they're still planning on doing that. Light bomb is indispensable, same with entomb. I don't know how many Paladins have raged quit once dropping their last hope, Tirion, and I hit that thank you emote.

georly

Trying to think of ways this might work?

Shame ancestor's call isn't in standard anymore, lmao
184px-Ancestor%27s_Call%2812218%29.png

Thaurissan/Ancestral spirit/reincarnate?
200px-Emperor_Thaurissan%2814454%29.png
200px-Reincarnate%287731%29.png
200px-Ancestral_Spirit%28526%29.png

V-Faction

Well, the easiest and simplest would be Ancestor's Call x2 on turn 8 with a deck of nothing but Bloods.

Also note, does not work with Harbinger.

With the reveal of this card, I'm pretty sure BGH is getting nerfed to deal damage to 7+ creatures rather than removing the minion.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Every deck can kill this the moment it comes down.

The card's existence is just showmanship.

Double Thaurissan proc that+Faceless is I think the easiest way to get that done in one turn.

Even if BGH gets nerfed though that's a really unreliable win condition with Hex/Sheep/Huntersmark/Deadly shot/etc etc. Can't give it charge either since it's an end of turn effect so your opponent can always react to it.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Every deck can kill this the moment it comes down.

The card's existence is just showmanship.
I think you'd have to run it in a Timmy deck that runs all sorts of big minions to take out the removal first.

Somehow you're presumably also running enough things to survive as well.

Top Bottom