• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
For 8 mana you get:
-2/4 that buffs the other two minions.
-5/4 taunt (with +1 from Leokk)
-5/2 charge (with +1 from Leokk).

This card gives a 5 damage charger, and a 5/4 taunt with another body as well. Yes it gets rekt by flamestrike, but this is a good card. It is an instant board from 1 card and if you have board control you can use it as a finisher, or to set up your real finisher next turn (kill command, zzzzzzzz). If the late Midrange stuff becomes strong, running a 1x of this seems totally viable.

Apathy

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

Please tell me it's called 'ball of companions'

1 mana discount for 3 animal companion cards, I guess. Really late game. Really good lock and load get.

Yeah, only mystery was the mana cost. 8 seems fair.

Only counter is mass dispel, I think.

I would have prefer it to be 9. At 8 it's too good. At 9 it's fair, because since you know what you're going to get, and it'll always be a buff (that will affect the other minions you have on the board right then) plus a charge plus a taunt.

Dre

So for 8 mana you get

Evil Heckler
Raid Leader +2HP
Reckless Rocketeer

That's some serious value and top tier in Arena.

georly

I would have prefer it to be 9. At 8 it's too good. At 9 it's fair, because since you know what you're going to get, and it'll always be a buff (that will affect the other minions you have on the board right then) plus a charge plus a taunt.

Yeah, 8 is good is what I meant. Don't know about 'too good' since turn 8 is late, but yeah. Usually 'bundled' cards make you pay a bundle tax (see ball of spiders), but this one actually has a bundle discount which is bizarre. I do like that class cards are all seemingly good this expansion, unlike before. It really helps distinguish the classes from each other.

So for 8 mana you get

Evil Heckler
Raid Leader +2HP
Reckless Rocketeer

That's some serious value and top tier in Arena.

Yeah, this is basically auto-pick in arena, for the most part (obv depends on your curve and other cards, but really high rating). It's epic though, so you'll be lucky if you ever even get one.

Ripenen

With the portals is there definition on what the word "random" means? Are there limitations on the creatures that can be summoned like with Animal Companion?

I got two Alarm-o-Bots in a row in my last brawl.

Apathy

With the portals is there definition on what the word "random" means? Are there limitations on the creatures that can be summoned like with Animal Companion?

Animal Companion is a spell, this summons minions

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

You can only get collectible cards. So portal won't give you a Boom Bot or Baine Bloodhoof, stuff like that.

Dahbomb

Summon all 3 animal companions.
200_s.gif

FeD.nL

It's not even flamestrike value. The mage takes 5 damage and gets a one mana tempo swing in his favour. It's pretty insane value this.

English name:

mdonais said:
The english name is Call of the Wild. It does indeed summon all 3 animal companions!

Dahbomb

Nostradahbomb strikes again!

I just realized that this card:

bi-you-xia.jpg

Features ALL of the minions you can get from Animal Companion (Leokk, Misha and Huffer)!!

8 Mana : Summon ALL of your Animal Companions

This is 12 mana worth of stats for 8 mana. The Animals are worth 4 mana if you could choose to play them as regular minions with no RNG element. The value is quite ridiculous.

Pretty great card, but its 8 mana. You get a solid board out of it even if you had nothing to begin with. Better then King Krush.

It is a great boon to Hunters in Arena though.

I just played, quite easily, the best Hearthstone match I have ever played. EVER.

Playing this deck against some bizarre Reno Face Warrior hybrid. He played stuff like Axe Flinger and Obsidian Destroyer, a ton of weapons, almost every Warrior card outside of the Legendaries. He Executed my Molten Giant while I had Duplicate up. He played Reno at 1 health. I got a second Thaurssian off an Unstable Portal from Conjurer. My Rag missed face for lethal twice. And he got me down to 1, top decked Korkron, I had Ice Block up and won the next turn. What a game. 

I was having the shittiest day with this game as well. I love Hearthstone. Just pre-ordered the expansion as well.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I guess it's 8 to allow you to hero power.

This is a pretty pushed card, but I wonder if Hunter slows down enough to play it. Anyfin this ain't.

ZealousD

You can't dismiss that card in Constructed. I mean even if you don't recognize the companions as the "fair" 4 mana minions that they really are, then you can see it as 9 mana worth of companions all rolled into a single card WITH a discount. It has immediate board impact and will require a fair amount of resources to deal with. This is an excellent midrange Hunter card as far as I am concerned. Maybe you don't run two but you could at least run one.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
There was a short period during the Hunter heyday where Mid-range Hunters were running Ragnaros, so I don't think 8 mana is off the table.

embalm

You can't dismiss that card in Constructed. I mean even if you don't recognize the companions as the "fair" 4 mana minions that they really are, then you can see it as 9 mana worth of companions all rolled into a single card WITH a discount. It has immediate board impact and will require a fair amount of resources to deal with. This is an excellent midrange Hunter card as far as I am concerned. Maybe you don't run two but you could at least run one.

I completely agree with this.

This card is really good. It's as good at 8 mana as Highmane is at 6 mana. If you are ahead you can use it as a finisher and if you are behind it is a great way to come back. Not many cards can accomplish both of those things.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I guess it's 8 to allow you to hero power.

This is a pretty pushed card, but I wonder if Hunter slows down enough to play it. Anyfin this ain't.

I think its also so you can lay a secret. If you put down Freeze Trap, it is very hard for you opponent to deal with. Could also have another Secret that Synergizes with it.

ZealousD

It is also basically impossible to punish. Like how do you kill all that stuff with just one card, outside of flamestrike?

Dahbomb

I would maybe use one of that card in Midrange Hunter. Two is iffy because you can't cheat this card out quicker like Mage, Rogue or Druid can. At least it has immediate board impact.

I think Midrange Hunter will turn more into a Beast Midrange Druid with stuff like Ram Wrangler. Right now for that to happen Hunter needs a Savage Combatant/new Shaman 4 drop level 4 mana Beast card they can play on curve. Also a 7 drop beast that is not Acid Maw.

Then they can have the god curve of Kings Elekk, Animal Companion, 4 drop, Ram Wrangler, Highmane, 7 drop beast, Muster for Animals etc.

georly

It is also basically impossible to punish. Like how do you kill all that stuff with just one card, outside of flamestrike?

Still leave bear alive. Requires 2 card clear or twisting nether/doom!
Did Misha get stealth buffed to a 4/5 lol
...wait, Misha is a 4/4. Flamestrike would deal with her.

Oops, I was thinking druid bear ;_;

Should have been three random companions

for 8 mana, yeah, but then accidental 3 hogger, 12 damage face, rage quit, uninstall.

Dahbomb

This is the second 8 drop Hunters have gotten. They also got a 3 mana value Beast card.

Blizzard is brute forcing their way into making a slower Beast Hunter deck work.

Ridli

8 mana is great. I was concerned that it would be 9 or 10 but this is nice. It's perfectly fine for hunters to have a really great 8 mana card, considering it's a dead draw for aggro. Mid-range and control decks should have something good to play that late. The biggest risk would be counterspell.

tundra rhino (played a turn before) for potential 15 damage the next turn... almost druid combo..

For maximum trolden value, someone needs to use call pet to get a rhino. Then you have a turn 9 that even druid would be jealous of.

Dahbomb

Man people have already forgotten about this Hunter 8 drop:

635944392903507084.png

The Worm should've been a 7/7 7 drop so you can curve into it and then into the Muster for Animals.

bjaelke

Hearthstone @PlayHearthstone

.@Zaalbeth Call of the Wild summons the Animal Companions in order alphabetically: Huffer -> Leokk -> Misha.

Good thing it's an Epic as it'll be deadly in Arena. You get the combined effects of Huffer and Leokk (5 damage charge plus the 1 attack to your other minions) and a taunt to protect them and your face. It will win many games.

Top Bottom