• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
If they wanted Dr. Boom to be used less, they would make more good 7 drops. The mana slot is lacking in quality.

Apathy

Thijs just had a wicked game where he was playing astral communion vs an elise priest, and the finish was just so amazing.

clav

Suggestions on crafting first legendary?

Collection is Thalnos, Cenarius, Dr. Boom, and Fjola Lightbane.

I'm thinking Rag or Sylvanas.

Also leaning towards Antonidas and Tirion.

Apathy

Depends on what you play most (or want to play most). Antonidas and Tirion are both excellent class legendaries. Rag and sylvanas are excellent neutral legendaries.

If it were me I would lean more to tirion or sylvanas as that seem to have some spots even come standard. I would still rather wait the month for the expansion and see where everything is then.

ViviOggi

Have they actually introduced any cards that make archetypes faster this set?

Pretty much everything seems to push decks toward being slower.

I'd have to go over the list again but for the most part you should be right. That doesn't mean that we're suddenly entering a control meta though rather than shift towards midrange (unless Blizz fucks up and aggro just farms everything), so you'll still need that Patron turn to impact the board just as much. Plus, if we assume that's what's going to happen, the whirlwind effects will be weaker against the meatier boards and board clears will be more common across the board. Neo-Patron has been doing reasonably well largely on the back of few meta decks running board clears at all.

gutshot

Sylvanas fits in the most decks, so I'd go with her. Rag may make a comeback in Standard, so he's not a bad choice either.

I don't like crafting class legendaries, but if you really, really like the class, I suppose it's worth it. Both are solid choices.

clav

Depends on what you play most (or want to play most). Antonidas and Tirion are both excellent class legendaries. Rag and sylvanas are excellent neutral legendaries.

If it were me I would lean more to tirion or sylvanas as that seem to have some spots even come standard. I would still rather wait the month for the expansion and see where everything is then.

That's a good point. I'll wait until the expansion releases since it supposedly will introduce nerfs to the original set.

Sylvanas fits in the most decks, so I'd go with her. Rag may make a comeback in Standard, so he's not a bad choice either.

I don't like crafting class legendaries, but if you really, really like the class, I suppose it's worth it. Both are solid choices.

Yeah. I should probably continue with a neutral collection first before specific classes.

MattyG

Banned
I'm sure this has been answered a ton in here already, but when is Naxrramas leaving the store? I want to get at least 1 wing before it does so I can get the rest eventually.

bjaelke

Brawl: Too Many Portals
The master mages of Dalaran have gone too far this time, opening up hundreds of portals! Choose a class and use a few spells and a WHOLE lot of portals to defeat your rivals!
I'm sure this has been answered a ton in here already, but when is Naxrramas leaving the store? I want to get at least 1 wing before it does so I can get the rest eventually.

April 26th although it hasn't been officially announced yet.

We don't really know yet. There were a few signs pointing to April 26th, but it's still not official.

georly

Brawl: Too Many Portals
The master mages of Dalaran have gone too far this time, opening up hundreds of portals! Choose a class and use a few spells and a WHOLE lot of portals to defeat your rivals!

Again? I guess it's a nice send-off to the card. Next week spider brawl?

I'd love for the tavern brawl the week before the expansion to use the expansion cards. That'd be sweet. Like a c'thun brawl.

IvorB

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm honestly not that fussed about trying to build a warrior deck around one card but it's good to know Grom is there if I need him.

Apathy

Gotta love this brawl, i get huge minions I can't play till 6 even after reduction, my opponent's highest cost minion after reduction...1. yup, perfect RNG. Hate this game sometimes.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'd have to go over the list again but for the most part you should be right. That doesn't mean that we're suddenly entering a control meta though rather than shift towards midrange (unless Blizz fucks up and aggro just farms everything), so you'll still need that Patron turn to impact the board just as much. Plus, if we assume that's what's going to happen, the whirlwind effects will be weaker against the meatier boards and board clears will be more common across the board. Neo-Patron has been doing reasonably well largely on the back of few meta decks running board clears at all.

Yeah, I'm not actually expecting Patron to survive either.

I was just thinking out loud about the direction they've been pushing given the new warrior combo pieces appear to be 3+ mana.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I'm not actually expecting Patron to survive either.

I was just thinking out loud about the direction they've been pushing given the new warrior combo pieces appear to be 3+ mana.

I think Patron (in some form) will still be around. The thing I can't tell is if the deck will matter at all. It seems like Blizzard is giving Warrior enough tools to make some kind of similacrum of the Patron deck. So Blizzard at least is ok with the core idea of the deck existing. Whether or not the deck can stand up to whatever other decks come around is yet to be seen. Hopefully it does, the deck is really satisfying to play (and difficult!) which is something that the game needs more of IMO.

Owzers

Don't complain, I don't get any legendaries ever. Oh wait, I got a cho from a viewing pack,

yeah, it's still 400 dust i can use that for old golds stuff if not for the legendaries i need. Cho was the one i got before this one when i used all my old gods gold for classic packs because i can't wait for packs....

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Removing him from Standard seems super effective at this though.

Yes, but I think there is a really good chance Corrupted Hogger just takes up the gauntlet. While you don't get immediate value like with Boom, so I don't think its as strong, it is very hard to remove a 6 damage minion without dealing damage to it. But maybe that will not be true if BGH is changed, most classes do actually have unrun non-damging removal, they just don't get used at the moment. Assassinate, Shadow Word Death, Siphon Soul, Hex, Polymorph, Deadly Shot. There is also Naturalize, but that has a pretty high risk to it. The only two classes who I don't think have anyway to remove without damaging is Paladin and Warrior.

Ok, yeah, after listing that I can't see BGH not getting nerfed into the ground. Compared to other removal, BGH is super undercoated. Its ether going to cost 6 or 7 mana, or become super conditional (Kill 10+ Mana Minion, kill an 8 Attack Minion, ect ect)

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Next thing you should learn:
Never play Misstress of Pain if you have an Auchenai Soulpriest on the board. Your opponent might notice the combo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgKN1kkzk6E

It's especially important in this Brawl.

Still one of my favorite interactions in this game. Such a hilarious thing to see happen to people who don't know about it. It does make sense in a strict reading of the rules, but you have to think in a very literal way about everything that is happening.

georly

Still one of my favorite interactions in this game. Such a hilarious thing to see happen to people who don't know about it. It does make sense in a strict reading of the rules, but you have to think in a very literal way about everything that is happening.

I hate this interaction :/ I disagree with it semantically. Her healing is doing the damage, not her. It's separated by one step, in my mind. I know I'm wrong, but I hate it.

Got a golden eydis darkbane from arena pack. Makes up for the crappy priest draft. I dunno why I keep picking him in arena. He's completely unplayable when they don't give me at least two light bombs and four curators.

Apathy

Get some skill, man.

I am 0-3. :(

Edit: I just got Dr. Boom. That has to lead to a win, right? :-/

hey i got a dominating board, why wouldn't my opponent pull out a dread infernal and acidmaw right?

Hell why is it just when my opponents need silence, they pull a fucking silence out of their portal?

Single highhandedly the worst spell in the game.

Yay, I got a legendary from the pain of this Brawl!
Gruul.

I'm not dusting him yet, Dahbomb! You never know what the new meta is like!

hey i got a dominating board, why wouldn't my opponent pull out a dread infernal and acidmaw right?

Hell why is it just when my opponents need silence, they pull a fucking silence out of their portal?

Single highhandedly the worst spell in the game.

My first match, my opponent got Acidmaw. No big deal.

Then Knife Juggler.

As a Paladin.

This last one I had a full board with lethal in one turn. Unstable Portal gave him Deathwing. -_- Luckily, I had two Twisting Nethers in my hand thanks to Chromaggus doubling all of my draws.

embalm

I am seriously about ready to punch a hole in my wall with how fucked up the RNG from these portals is.
When Brawl was still new a lot of us begged for an all Portal brawl.

I didn't know what I was doing. I thought that all random minions would be fun. I thought the RNG would be something I would laugh at. Well Blizzard listened to us. They listened to well. They gave us portals, webspinners, and the every so fun random cost random minion brawls.

I was wrong. I am sorry. I wish we had never made those requests.

Dahbomb

There's no meta where Gruul would be good.

Portal Brawl was fine the first time they did it but the novelty wears off quickly just like all the RNG based Brawls.

Apathy

Hey I won and only due to complete bullshit from portals
I1KKDLC.jpg

I got them plus the totem in the same turn. Even this felt wrong

I find the Brawl today to be annoying, but 3 months ago I would have bee ecstatic to have a chance to try so many new cards, so I don't think it's a bad Brawl.

LOL @ that card. Blizzard must be the most uncreative card development company in the world.

There's no meta where Gruul would be good.

Portal Brawl was fine the first time they did it but the novelty wears off quickly just like all the RNG based Brawls.
Warrior spell, 0 mana: Gruul costs 5 less and is immune (wherever he is), At the end of each turn, give gruul stealth. Draw gruul.
BAM, proven wrong!

georly

Summon all 3 animal companions.

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

Please tell me it's called 'ball of companions'

1 mana discount for 3 animal companion cards, I guess. Really late game. Really good lock and load get.

Lol we all saw that coming from the art, left very little to the imagination

Yeah, only mystery was the mana cost. 8 seems fair.

BAM, proven wrong!

Only counter is mass dispel, I think.

Looks solid. 8 mana, instant board, instant effect, protection, only dies to 2 card board wipes, Brawl, or Flamestrike as of now. You could run out Knife Juggler and this on T10 or play a Snake Trap to guarantee a proc.

Have enough dust for a legendary. Should I get justice true hart?

If you can hold off crafting until the 26th - when the new expansion comes out - that's probably what I would do.

Looks solid. 8 mana, instant board, instant effect, protection, only dies to 2 card board wipes, Brawl, or Flamestrike as of now. You could run out Knife Juggler and this on T10 or play a Snake Trap to guarantee a proc.

If you can hold off crafting until the 26th - when the new expansion comes out - that's probably what I would do.

Ok thanks

Need to ore order some packs

Top Bottom