• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

I want nothing more for this expansion than for that card to be called Muster for Animals.

Aaayyyy

L
M
A
O

It's good it's not random because screw randomness. Multiplying it by 3 would've resulted in too much salt.
Triple Huffer is basically Druid Combo but better, haha.

I never get Huffer. Always birdo or bear. I'm fine with bear, but birdo on an empty board...

Ridli

I thought so, but I couldn't test it to be sure, just wanted to be sure. Since secrets don't matter, what does the order they summon in matter?

It could matter in instances where there isn't enough space on the board to summon all three. So you always know with one space Huffer, 2 spaces huffer + leokk.

I thought so, but I couldn't test it to be sure, just wanted to be sure. Since secrets don't matter, what does the order they summon in matter?

Probably for the order of simultaneous effects, like deathrattles or vanish. Lets say the opponent has 9 cards in hand. If you vanish, the first minion summoned will go to hand and the second summoned and third will be destroyed.

^full board too

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

If you have a Dire Wolf Alpha or something else that buffs the minions next to it. Knowing Huffer is on the left can help you make sure your stuff is in the right position.

Draft

Wow, I predicted the new card in my very own piece of Hearthstone fan art many, many months ago.

jnWiKxE.jpg

Moonlight

Banned
With Duplicate and Vaporize (lol) leaving Standard, I'm legitimately hoping for a couple new Mage secrets and some minions to help a Secret-focused deck out a little more. I know a lot of people hate secrets on principle, but Mage secrets are almost always IMO really fun cards to trigger and build decks around.

With Duplicate and Vaporize (lol) leaving Standard, I'm legitimately hoping for a couple new Mage secrets and some minions to help a Secret-focused deck out a little more. I know a lot of people hate secrets on principle, but Mage secrets are almost always IMO really fun cards to trigger and build decks around.
Secrets just need something to make them more palatable in play. It's not enough to reduce their cost. If anything, I'd rather secrets have card draw as a staple, and adjust their power/stats accordingly.

Vaporize is Classic

hunter card doesn't seem that bad. Get at least 5 dmg out of it w/ huffer and have a 5/4 taunt as well. and leokk buffs any other creature you have out

Sheroking

That Hunter card is nutso.

Animal Companion is a very good card in spite of it's variance. There's always the chance you get Leokk when you need Huffer or Huffer when you need Misha - and it's STILL high value because it's a 3 mana spell summoning a minion that's closer to a fair 4 drop. When you factor in their synergy, it looks a little OD.

It's basically summon Reckless Rocketeer, Evil Heckler and Raid Leader (with +2 health) on one 8 mana spell. ~13 mana worth of value in one card.

Tarazet

Mad Scientist is the real reason why Mage secrets are going to disappear again. The fact that your opponent has to interact with secrets means the value proposition is always out of your hands, so spending 3 mana for anything other than Mirror Entity and Ice Block can be hard to swallow.

georly

It could matter in instances where there isn't enough space on the board to summon all three. So you always know with one space Huffer, 2 spaces huffer + leokk.

You might be playing it on a board with 5 or more minions?

Probably for the order of simultaneous effects, like deathrattles or vanish. Lets say the opponent has 9 cards in hand. If you vanish, the first minion summoned will go to hand and the second summoned and third will be destroyed.

^full board too

If you have a Dire Wolf Alpha or something else that buffs the minions next to it. Knowing Huffer is on the left can help you make sure your stuff is in the right position.

Good call, good points. Thanks!

Moonlight

Banned
Secrets just need something to make them more palatable in play. It's not enough to reduce their cost. If anything, I'd rather secrets have card draw as a staple, and adjust their power/stats accordingly.
I like the general power level of Mage secrets though, even if it means that they're too slow to just play. Tacking on something extra like card draw to everything would either overcost the effect or tune it down into something less interesting. I just need some extra synergy cards with activated/in play secrets. A minion that triggers Secrets twice or something would be fun even if it'd have pseudo-taunt. I don't need the deck/secrets to be amazing, I just want some more cards to support trying it anyways.

Vaporize is Classic
Whoops. Brainfart. Point still stands!

Tagyhag

Damn this Brawl.

I have a full board, guy esportals a dreadscale with equality in hand. :|

So...Just finished this match.

After I reclaimed the board, I got Alexstrasza'd . While they were down to just topdecking I kept getting 0 and 1 mana minions so I was at the mercy of my taunt totems.

So I have a full (but weak) board for the third time. I'm down to 6HP, they get an Al'Akir and kill my last taunt and bring me down to 3HP.

But that's it, I have a mecha cat so next turn, I have lethal.

So what's the very last portal that they get?

I felt like Kripp, I don't think I've ever had a bullshit match of this caliber, it really makes you want to stop playing for a few days. I don't know how he does it. (Other than getting paid good money ofc)

gutshot

If you are getting salty over an Unstable Portal Tavern Brawl of all things, then yeah, you probably should take a break.

clav

Anyone think Black Knight will make a return to constructed once GvG and Naxx are gone?

That might change my priorities in crafting neutral cards.

Tagyhag

If you are getting salty over an Unstable Portal Tavern Brawl of all things, then yeah, you probably should take a break.

Ha, you should see my constructed games.

Ever been killed by a Ragnaros while you had 7 minions on the board?

I know, Hearthstone is primarily RNG, but I wouldn't be surprised if I was in the top 5% of bad luck.

ViviOggi

Anyone think Black Knight will make a return to constructed once GvG and Naxx are gone?

Too early to say for sure but with Belcher going away and no viable neutral taunt revealed yet I wouldn't say it's too likely. Meta-wise it depends on how prevalent ramp-ish Druids are going to be (while Blizz is still pushing for midrange beast Druid), with Thing from Below Shaman is a factor as well. Still, unless there's a high-value neutral taunt the aforementioned decks have to become really dominant for TBK to be worthwhile.

I'd just wait.

Ha, you should see my constructed games.

Ever been killed by a Ragnaros while you had 7 minions on the board?

I know, Hearthstone is primarily RNG, but I wouldn't be surprised if I was in the top 5% of bad luck.
No, but I had an a 7-minion board where my opponent played Ragnaros, cleared everything but one minion, and Ragnaros decided not to go face, winning me the game. I really respected his gameplan, because that was pretty well thought out, and he had nothing else to go on.

Acerac

Banned
Good lord I hate Brawls that are this heavily weighted on RNG.

This is just boring nonsense; roll the dice repeatedly until the game says my quest is done.

*Edit*

Fucking shit having less than 50% win rate on this coin flip garbage is goddamn annoying.

Tarazet

I think he will, because Sludge Belcher was everywhere and Owl was a more efficient solution for that particular problem. If we start seeing more Sunwalkers and Ironbark Protectors then definitely TBK will be important.

rando14

Just had a Brawl where I got a Dr Boom out on turn 4 and then an Antonidas out with a hand full of Portals

Poor kid never stood a chance ;_;

Do you guys think The Boogeymonster would actually be somewhat viable if:
1. It was a 5/8, which might help it stick a little bit longer
Or
2. If it was "Whenever this minion kills another minion, gain +1/+1"

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Do you guys think The Boogeymonster would actually be somewhat viable if:
1. It was a 5/8, which might help it stick a little bit longer
Or
2. If it was "Whenever this minion kills another minion, gain +1/+1"

Not really. If it got +2/+2 every time it killed another minion, it could be really good. You taunt it up, it becomes really hard to kill. Right now, it grows slower then Gruul in all cases (Unless you give it charge as a warrior I guess?)

rando14

I like this Brawl. Yeah it's basically 50/50 so when you lose it's nbd, plus it's fun to see what crazy stuff comes out for both players

Pooya

FINALLY opened a South Sea Captain with the brawl pack. This card didn't want to drop until now, it's one classic epic I didn't have.

Heropon

Another Pit Lord in a pack, the good news is that I have enough dust for a legendary of my choice... when Standard comes. I can't wait for it to come and finally dust and craft cards again after the nerfs.

Fake edit: I forgot I have to craft a Murloc Warleader first, so still 400 dust away from a legendary unless Pit Lord gets nerfed. I heard it's pretty overpowered because it lets you get a powerful minion a turn before, so it definitely should. :p

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
FINALLY opened a South Sea Captain with the brawl pack. This card didn't want to drop until now, it's one classic epic I didn't have.

Shield Slam continues to elude me. At least I got a Van Cleef a few weeks ago. Really makes CW tough to play without that card. It's really really important.

Shield Slam continues to elude me. At least I got a Van Cleef a few weeks ago. Really makes CW tough to play without that card. It's really really important.

Right after TGT came out, I gave up on trying to get Shield Slam out of packs and finally crafted 2 of them to go in a Control Warrior deck with my new Justicar and Varian. The very next Spectator Quest pack gave me a Shield Slam. The 100 dust was nice, but fuck you, RNG.

Fishlake

I know those woes i have 1 shield slam and have never gotten a preparation. I also don't want to craft them if I can do better with other classes.

Reno Jackson warrior gave me a niche there for control but I hardly ever touch rouge. If I do it becomes a zoo deck basically.

This got me thinking i wonder what is the most craftedcard in hearthstone. I'll place my bet on boom but I wonder about any others? Prep FoN AoL are probably all up there.

Heropon

Thankfully I got a Shield Slam and a Brawl relatively soon but still no Preparation (and Blade Flurry...) and all the Druid epics except a single Ancient of Lore, so the druid and rogue quests are still painful after a year playing this. I tried egg Druid and then all those Paladins and Deathlord priests appeared and wrecked me, so I don't really know what to do.

ViviOggi

You bet that 8-0 Shaman's got at least one Elemental Destruction but in the grand scheme of things epics are irrelevant for arena.

Would Epics matter more if you were guaranteed at least one per draft?

All I'm trying to get at is that commons matter more in arena since you get them the most. With that in mind, couldn't you argue that Epics would matter more if you had more of a chance to get them?

Also, does this mean Rare cards are more important than epics too?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Rares and epics matter in arena but not very much. I never play around them unless I am VERY far ahead and they represent the only way I would lose the game.

Top Bottom