• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

I know those woes i have 1 shield slam and have never gotten a preparation. I also don't want to craft them if I can do better with other classes.

Reno Jackson warrior gave me a niche there for control but I hardly ever touch rouge. If I do it becomes a zoo deck basically.

This got me thinking i wonder what is the most craftedcard in hearthstone. I'll place my bet on boom but I wonder about any others? Prep FoN AoL are probably all up there.
For the longest time I didn't have Knife Juggler. Just crafted two of those bastards like a month ago. Feels good to be on the other side of his bullshit for once.

ViviOggi

Watching Thijs stream CoolOff's Astral Arena Druid and this just ended me

hearthstonescreenshotbtkb9.png

Levi

Banned
Nobody expects Poison Seeds lol.

Anyway, the run ended 3-3. Never won because of Astral despite playing it on T3 once and T4 once.

I was overwhelmed with salt when I finally got to pick deathwing in arena, maybe the best possible arena legendary, and I went 1-3 because my other picks were all crap.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Getting kinda hyped wanting to do another card review stream for you guys. Been working harder on my setup this time. My goal is for dahbomb and I to CRUSH the pro reviewers on the re-review so we nail this shit hard and get you the best analysis we can.

If you guys missed the reviews and re-reviews we did for TGT and LOE they are hosted on my YouTube page.

https://www.youtube.com/user/zealousdemon/videos

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
See, if tentacle was 1/2 you'd be able to synergize it with Blood Warriors but it's not.

Blizzard plz.

fertygo

Anybody can coach me how priest mirror match work?

Especially playing around Entomb and your own Entomb Asset

I always carefully playing around Entomb and hold my Entomb asset before they use their Entomb

So far its always backfire to me

pantsmith

I always carefully playing around Entomb and hold my Entomb asset before they use their Entomb

First person to put Velen's Chosen on a Deathlord, basically.

Dahbomb

Save Cabal Priest for their Deathlords.

Don't play Deathlord in the late game unless you can also Velens it.

If they Velens a Deathlord then Entomb it. Otherwise use Entomb for Ysera.

Don't use the card cycles.

Save Flash Heals for Auchenai after buffed with Justicar to do surprise burst near the end of the fatigue game.

Prey you get better cards from the Monkey than your opponent.

If they play a Cleric, punish it by making them over draw.

This match up is all about the fatigue. Whoever draws their deck out first usually loses.

Unless you are talking about Dragon Priest vs Dragon Priest in which case that match up plays out like any other match up. Whoever gets on the board first will generally win.

Dahbomb

I play Dragon Priest, mirror or other archtype control priest troubled me tho
Mirror is all about Tempo and board control like I mentioned.

Against Control Priest you have to play around the board clears as much as you can and keep your minions healthy. Don't over commit unless you know the double Lightbombs and double circles.

Mirimar

Im having a good time but then Im only playing rogue and shaman because I got the others to 60 already.

I went 1-5 with shaman, trying to finish a daily -_-; Granted, it's mostly rng, but I got the worst shaman spells imaginable. Actually, Shamans have the worst class spells in the game imo, at least for this brawl. Too many of them overload and losing tempo is a death sentence in this.

Ridli

Got another friend invite today after a match. Apparently totem shaman is a cancer netdeck! Who knew?

Every time I see that notification it's like Xmas.

Acerac

Banned
Got another friend invite today after a match. Apparently totem shaman is a cancer netdeck! Who knew?

Every time I see that notification it's like Xmas.

EVERYTHING is cancer. Recently I was added and flamed in consecutive matches for winning with an ancient watcher druid deck.

It's gotten to the point where I just write off these complaints as pointless whining from people who don't know how to deal with losing.

fertygo

Warrior is my favorite opponent yo

Even when I lose its always feel fair and fun

Paladin is on other hand, scum on earth.. met Secret Pally that use all Dr Six to Eight and still roping at every turn, fuck those human disposal

KuroNeeko

I still think Herald Volazj is interesting. It´s not that hard to get value out of that card for priest. It´s going to be interesting what the priest commons/rares are going to be.

Priest so far is pretty disappointing--reminiscent of TGT where we got these kind of off-the-wall cards that didn't really seem to do much (excluding Holy Champion, Flash Heal, Paletress, and Agent.)

Shaman has gotten some really great cards and I expect it to take off come Standard. The only thing it seems to be missing is a control variant, but with the fall of Paladin (one of Shamans toughest match-ups), I expect them to only become more popular.

The two new Rogue cards look like a lot of fun. I especially like the legendary. I really hope the other cards are just as good.

The biggest problem I have with standard is standard itself. Dr. Boom was my first crafted legend. I didn't really even want him, but saw him as a necessary evil that would strengthen a number of my decks. In retrospect, if I'd known about standard, I would have craft Ysera instead.

It seems that there is very little incentive for non-tournament players to craft legendaries (and maybe even epics?) from non-expert sets since they'll rotate out. I really wanted Paletress, but what's the point if she's just going to be gone in another year? 1600 dust is a major investment, especially if you're not spending much on this game. Now, I'm better off just crafting Rags, Thalnos, and the gang since they'll always be around.

If they increased the dust value of non-standard cards, that would help. Instead, I feel like they're just going to focus on making epics and legendaries "must-haves" so that you're forced to craft them (at an accelerated pace since sets rotate in and out now) or spend more money to buy them. That 800 dust I spent on two lightbombs is gone (though to be fair, I've gotten my use out of them. lol) All those people who spent the dust to craft a golden Blecher or Pilotted Shreader...man, I'd feel bad for them. Makes me glad I didn't craft some golden Entombs.

if quests start differentiating between wild and standard like "win 3 games in wild" then crafting legendaries that get rotated to wild isn't that bad

Dart

I crafted golden entombs, why not? they are very much relevant now and surely in the foreseeable future before dusting for full value... Plus the animation is awesome!

TwiztidElf

I do enjoy the "Too many portals" tavern brawl. I pretty much play it exclusively when it is the weeks tavern brawl.
I really wish it was a permanent play type.

Xanathus

Mirror is all about Tempo and board control like I mentioned.

Against Control Priest you have to play around the board clears as much as you can and keep your minions healthy. Don't over commit unless you know the double Lightbombs and double circles.

I played a lot of Dragon Priest a few seasons ago and against Dragon Priest it's just whoever gains board tempo and whether you can play around Lightbomb and Nova. Against Control Priest, I'd say Dragon Priest is unfavored because of Auchenai + Circle. You can play around Lightbomb and Nova but not against Auchenai Circle. It generally comes down to whether or not they draw that combo.

Portugeezer

New Hunter card is good. Three decent minions in 1 card is good. Mana worth of all the companions is about 10 mana and the card only costs 8. If your opponent doesn't have powerful AOE then it requires a few cards/minions to deal with this 1 card.

tundra rhino (played a turn before) for potential 15 damage the next turn... almost druid combo..

Time to start playing Tundra Rhino again.

Portugeezer

I do enjoy the "Too many portals" tavern brawl. I pretty much play it exclusively when it is the weeks tavern brawl.
I really wish it was a permanent play type.

I like just playing any class and getting the class challenges, eventually you will win with any class because it's just RNG based brawl.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I crafted golden entombs, why not? they are very much relevant now and surely in the foreseeable future before dusting for full value... Plus the animation is awesome!

There is a zero percent chance of Entomb being nerfed in the next few weeks, and a damn near zero percent chance of it ever being nerfed. It's an adventure card and so will just be allowed to rotate out eventually, it will not be nerfed unless it suddenly starts to be as game-defining as previous nerfed cards were.

Paladin is on other hand, scum on earth.. met Secret Pally that use all Dr Six to Eight and still roping at every turn, fuck those human disposal
Playing against Control Warrior feels like doing endless paperwork. You're grinding away at the HP, and he drops a Shield Maiden - oh boy, 5 more armor to plod through.

Levi

Banned

Oh man, if I'm a Control Warrio and my opponent thinks the game was fair and fun I'm not doing my job. CW should be crushing people's spirits by giving them hope (I bursted him down to 3 health) and then taking it away (how'd he get back up to 20 armor so quickly?)

Magnus

Brawl idea:

Unstable Portals, but all text on cards is invisible. Players need to rely on their memory of what a card does by art alone.

ViviOggi

Lifecoach just went in on the ladder system and "stupid" tempo fetish of current HS, then went through his Steam library to show all the games he finished during his two-month break

Didn't expect him to play so many other games

Nekopara LMAO

I went 1-5 with shaman, trying to finish a daily -_-; Granted, it's mostly rng, but I got the worst shaman spells imaginable. Actually, Shamans have the worst class spells in the game imo, at least for this brawl. Too many of them overload and losing tempo is a death sentence in this.

I've been fairly lucky then. 10-3 so far. Just had Elemental destruction and lava shock back to back. Good stuff. Hopefully I reach level 53 or 4 by the time this brawl ends. Currently at 49.

giapel

Oh man, if I'm a Control Warrio and my opponent thinks the game was fair and fun I'm not doing my job. CW should be crushing people's spirits by giving them hope (I bursted him down to 3 health) and then taking it away (how'd he get back up to 20 armor so quickly?)

Control warrior is my favourite target for my gimmicky Mill Druid.

Dahbomb

Playing against Control Warrior feels like doing endless paperwork. You're grinding away at the HP, and he drops a Shield Maiden - oh boy, 5 more armor to plod through.
Playing against Secret Paladin is like playing a dumb dumb toddler who brings a homing rocket launcher to a fist fight. You know you could whoop the toddler if the rocket launcher didn't have a win button on it.
Lifecoach just went in on the ladder system and "stupid" tempo fetish of current HS, then went through his Steam library to show all the games he finished during his two-month break

Didn't expect him to play so many other games

Nekopara LMAO
Link to the rant? I need my daily dose of salt.

Top Bottom