• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Yeah, I'm thinking that minions can die between spells going off, but its something like Yogg's battle cry doesn't stop just because he died.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
There was a tweet that said the spells would stop once a hero died

But what about minions?

Like let's say Yogg Saron plays Brawl. If the game waits until the end of the battlecry phase to die, that means you could see animations where the minions in the post Brawl phase get affected by spells that don't ignore pending destroy tags.

Schnauzer

Sorry guys. I submitted the survey. I didn't even think about making screenshots.

This is the email if anyone gets it. I made a ticket to verify it was legit before doing it.

2p85cPJ.png

Hopefully someone else is clever enough to take some screenshots.

ZealousD

Yeah, I'm thinking that minions can die between spells going off, but its something like Yogg's battle cry doesn't stop just because he died.

The way that the game currently works is that death processing does not occur until the end of the battlecry phase. If Death processing were to occur in between each spell that Yogg Saron casts, that would introduce the first instance of a minion having multiple battlecry phases. Like not even Brann creates two battlecry phases, he just resolves two effects within a single battlecry phase.

Apathy

Sorry guys. I submitted the survey. I didn't even think about making screenshots.

This is the email if anyone gets it. I made a ticket to verify it was legit before doing it.

2p85cPJ.png

Hopefully someone else is clever enough to take some screenshots.

Can you give us details at least, like what the questions asked?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Odd, the Hearthstone twitter just posted that Combo effects don't proc, then deleted it a minute later.

Ok, see they posted a new response:
"If you only played Yogg the combos would not proc of spells he casts. If you played another card first, it would proc combos."

Also, this sounds like blizzard is covering their asses for when they revert the change to Overload that got introduced a few patches ago (Overload used to be part of the spell effect, it is now part of the spell cost. This comes up if your overload card gets blocked by counterspell)
"Currently it does not grant you Overload, but this is something we still discussing and may change in the future."

Malice215

Yogg-Saron is so crazy the Blizzard doesn't even know all the intricacies of the damn card that they printed.

I don't see the card being competitive in ladder until we see what happens to BGH, but it's going to make for some lol moments that are going to be awesome to watch and for some aggravating moments for the person on the wrong end of it's battlecry.

Yogg-Saron is so crazy the Blizzard doesn't even know all the intricacies of the damn card that they printed.

I don't see the card being competitive in ladder until we see what happens to BGH, but it's going to make for some lol moments that are going to be awesome to watch and for some aggravating moments for the person on the wrong end of it's battlecry.
What would BGH have to do with Yogg? How would that change anything?

ZealousD

I don't see the card being competitive in ladder until we see what happens to BGH

"Dies to BGH" is the such a weird criticism of this card I almost thought about posting that in this thread as a joke.

I mean Yogg Saron could easily kill ITSELF or YOU. Nobody will play this card except as a Hail Mary, in which case BGH is the least of your worries.

Dahbomb

In case people want to see some RNG now and not wait,

http://yoggsaronsimulator.herokuapp.com/

didn't they say it was the card people play most around the office?

I can see why, vs friends it's usable to have a laugh, not when something actually matters
Wow someone actually made an app already?

People on the internet work super fast...

I did 3 cycles of 10 spells with Yaarg for experimentation purposes:

Equality
Starfall
Wrath
Competitive Spirit
Bash
Inner Fire
Shadow Word: Pain
Vanish
Lightning Storm
Claw

I got a board wipe (Equality and the two board clears)then my Yaarg went to 1/1 because of Equality/Inner Fire... I also gained 5 armor because of Bash plus Claw and did some damage on the board (either to myself ,Yaarg or the other hero).

Fist of Jaraxxus
Siphon Sou
Naturalize
Holy Nova
Feral Spirit
Spreading Madness
Ancestral Healing
Shiv
Noble Sacrifice
Headcrack:

I got a board clear and some removals plus face damage (its possible that it removes my own minions). Also got a bunch of card draws. Set up a Noble Sac for defensive purposes. Also did 4 damage to face probably and summoned Feral Spirits. Oh and I did 9 damage to everything lol. Gained 3 HP.

Schnauzer

Feel free to share what those things are.

It was mostly a bunch of questions coming down to most wanted/least wanted.

It didn't give too much away but here's what I remember.

• Cooperative Mode
  • Play with friends on the same side (Probably same as Cooperative Mode)
  • Pay for unique card backs
  • Importance of Customized Boards (Would you like further customization)
  • Expansion packs
  • Adventure modes
  • Rarity beyond gold
  • Tournament mode/support
  • Hearthstone community
  • Limited card modes
  • Ranked arena mode
  • Shared replay – hints at social media sharing later
  • Social media sign in
  • More heroes
  • More emotes
  • More achievements
  • More linked achievements
  • Rate crafting

Apathy

Wow someone actually made an app already?

People on the internet work super fast...

I did 3 cycles of 10 spells with Yaarg for experimentation purposes:

Equality
Starfall
Wrath
Competitive Spirit
Bash
Inner Fire
Shadow Word: Pain
Vanish
Lightning Storm
Claw

I got a board wipe (Equality and the two board clears)then my Yaarg went to 1/1 because of Equality/Inner Fire... I also gained 5 armor because of Bash plus Claw and did some damage on the board (either to myself ,Yaarg or the other hero).

Fist of Jaraxxus
Siphon Sou
Naturalize
Holy Nova
Feral Spirit
Spreading Madness
Ancestral Healing
Shiv
Noble Sacrifice
Headcrack:

I got a board clear and some removals plus face damage (its possible that it removes my own minions). Also got a bunch of card draws. Set up a Noble Sac for defensive purposes. Also did 4 damage to face probably and summoned Feral Spirits. Oh and I did 9 damage to everything lol. Gained 3 HP.

only down side, it does not randomly say if you used it on yourself or the opponent with spells that could be, that would be cool if it did

Dahbomb

It was mostly a bunch of questions coming down to most wanted/least wanted.

It didn't give too much away but here's what I remember.

• Cooperative Mode
  • Play with friends on the same side (Probably same as Cooperative Mode)
  • Pay for unique card backs
  • Importance of Customized Boards (Would you like further customization)
  • Expansion packs
  • Adventure modes
  • Rarity beyond gold
  • Tournament mode/support
  • Hearthstone community
  • Limited card modes
  • Ranked arena mode
  • Shared replay – hints at social media sharing later
  • Social media sign in
  • More heroes
  • More emotes
  • More achievements
  • More linked achievements
  • Rate crafting
Yes to all of these except Social media sign in.

After running some tests with Yaarg I came to the realization that:

*You are likely to get some removals and AOE clears. You have a chance to clear their board and remove a couple of big targets. Even if Yaarg gets targeted first, the effects still happen so the next removal you get will target their stuff.

*You get some marginal damage and heals... very unlikely you get the big heals/damage. There are a lot more smaller damage and heals in the game than big ones.

*You are very likely to get some card draws.

None of my rolls were too godlike where I would've won the game except there was one that gave me a Charge buff plus other buffs like the new Druid buff card. That could've been like 12 damage with a board clear that might've won the game.

So trying that Yogg simulator a bunch he's very likely to play secrets and draw cards, which is mostly not what you want out of a hail mary. Still, probably pretty decent if you don't have a lot of options in your hand and are behind.

Apathy

When Yogg uses tracking into destroying 2 cards you could have used right after will be all kinds of rage inducing.

This brawl alone should 1. never happen again, and 2. prove how bullshit the RNG in this game really is

Lol that made me laugh

Sande

When Yogg uses tracking into destroying 2 cards you could have used right after will be all kinds of rage inducing.
Unless you reach fatigue, tracking is just "draw a card" with Yogg.

Overall I think people are underestimating Yogg a little bit. So many spells are automatically beneficial to the caster that it's very unlikely for Yogg to have a negative impact. The expected gain probably won't be worth 10 mana and an underwhelming body though.

fertygo

I don't understand why Yogģ doesn't just randomly shuffle all minions side and position instead this insanity

At least that effect actuallý providè counter to some archetype

ViviOggi

Seems like Yogg is pretty likely to mill you, ran through about 15 simulations and my average was around 3 draws with some insane outliers, and that's before all the shit he will put into your hand through discover cards, Thoughtsteals, Blood Warriors etc.

Can't wait for the complex simulations and detailed stats the internet will provide us with by tomorrow.

And again, this is obviously the ultimate Trolden card. On one hand it's sad that an outrageous rng bomb is the most exciting OG card by a country mile, on the other I'm chuckling at the thought of Yogg renouncing darkness, tracking the absolute crappiest card in your deck while discarding Justicar and Elise or forceroaring down a Muster. This is some serious Skynet shit.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Jesus, I read Yogg wrong and thought it was going to be random spells of the same cost. Didn't realize it was all random.

That is definitely the most insane card they've ever made. I really want to see it in a match just to visualize wtf it even looks like making all these spells pop off.

Malice215

"Dies to BGH" is the such a weird criticism of this card I almost thought about posting that in this thread as a joke.

I mean Yogg Saron could easily kill ITSELF or YOU. Nobody will play this card except as a Hail Mary, in which case BGH is the least of your worries.

I'm just wondering in general whether the meta would allow people to fit these 10 mana minions that Blizzard is printing into their decks, and because of the card being a 7/5 instead of a 6/6 or whatever from a design perspective. If you're playing a card like Yogg-Saron, then you're not caring about BGH. This card is Hail Mary RNG madness.

ViviOggi

What's also nice is that once Blitz is done crunching to fix the insta-dcs, crashes and overheating phone issues you'll still get that free second turn when you wait to play Yogg just before the rope is through.

ZealousD

You know, running through that simulator...?

He might actually be playable. Tons of spells that can't backfire or are less likely to backfire if you are behind on board.

Yogg-Saron into Renounce Darkness would have to be the most batshit insane thing in Hearthstone I'd have to imagine.

Yogg-Saron into Doom into Astral Communion.

IkcihBR.jpg

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Revenge + Elemental Destruction means at least Yogg is dead no matter what, most likely the rest of the board too.
Totemic Might next. Well, if I had some like 10HP totems, at least they could get buffed.
Mind Vision. Neat, free card.
Ice Block + Noble Sacrifice. So I'm basically unkillable now until next turn.
Sinister Strike. So a bit of damage to the enemy.
Bouncing Blade. So if anything is still alive, this should kill it off.
Wild Growth. Another card.
Dark Wispers: Ok, if there is no minions left, I get 5 wisps. Neat.

So it basically wiped out the entire board, gave me 2 cards, did some minor damage, put 2 secrets into play, and summoned 5 wisps. Sounds like a Paladin card.

Lets try once more.

Explorer's Hat. So someone just got a hat.
Lava Shock. Could hit anything.
Fireball: Could also hit anything.
Brawl. Welp, now we only got 1 minion left.
Mulch: Never mind, no minions left. Gave the opponent a card though.
Polymorph. Just in case the enemy had a sticky death rattle minion.
Shadow Word: Death: This likely isn't doing shit at this point.
Put Avenge into play, Ancestral Spirit likely wiffs, and to round it out, play MIND GAMES.

Yeah, this card is shaping up to be "Battle Cry: Clear the board and do a bunch of random shit."

ViviOggi

Will Yogg actually control the chargers he summons? That counter-Anyfin Trolden clip.......

I guess he shouldn't but even the few known rules are such an utter mess already, who knows at this point. Probably nobody.

Apathy

Will Yogg actually control the chargers he summons? That counter-Anyfin Trolden clip.......

He probably shouldn't but even the few known rules are such an utter mess already, who knows at this point.

Doubt it, i think it just uses the spell. whatever may come from it just sits on the board till it's over

Apathy

oh no gaf, i started playing hearthstone and i think im hooked.

rbI9bFf.gif

From reddit:

30 out of 236 spells are capable of damaging your face (12.7%) and the chance to target your own face is lower than 50% since you can target the enemy champion or any other minion including Yogg-Soran (So there are at least 3 targets at the start of the Battlecry). The chance of a spell that can damage, kill or morph your own minions is ~30%.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Just clicking that simulator once I saw frost nova -> shadow madness -> silence which would be hilarious. Don't even know what would happen on that.

There's...so many weird clashes of spells that you would never see.

ZealousD

Just clicking that simulator once I saw frost nova -> shadow madness -> silence which would be hilarious. Don't even know what would happen on that.

If you silence a card that was shadow madnessed it returns the card to the enemy immediately.

So you would freeze the minion, take control of it, then immediately send it back to the enemy unfrozen.

bunbun777

Yogg is going to be nasty. Super value and should typically benefit you more than hurt you. Really interested in this card.

ViviOggi

Doubt it, i think it just uses the spell. whatever may come from it just sits on the board till it's over
Yeah thinking about it you'd just be able to control them yourself once he's done. If you actually have a turn left. Tbf he'll play Vanish right after anyway.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I really want to know if Blizard just freezes the turn timer when you play him. I can easily see him taking more then 90 seconds to go though the animations, especially if you also use Brann.

Apathy

Yeah thinking about it you'd just be able to control them yourself once he's done. If you actually have a turn left. Tbf he'll play Vanish right after anyway.

clearly hes programmed to use new expansion spells more, so he'll fill your board up with stuff and then use doom!

I really want to know if Blizard just freezes the turn timer when you play him. I can easily see him taking more then 90 seconds to go though the animations, especially if you also use Brann.

we would be so lucky. Probably coded the same way noz is

Dahbomb

It's not like you are going to be doing much else that turn.

The main issue is that it would eat into the time of the other player.

I just know that this card is going to break the game week 1.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

They fixed the Nozdormu animation bug in ranked & casual (not tavern brawl). I imagine this would be fixed under the same conditions.

Top Bottom