• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Played a few games after taking a couple days break, just to clear some dailies up and it's nothing but shitty aggro decks who go face every turn. So either I be part of the problem and go Aggro cunt Shaman et al or I play a gimped deck and die by turn 6 or 7.

So that's it, I'm done. Glad I didn't pre-order the new expansion packs as I'm done with this game for now and I don't know if I'll come back. Playing other games over the past few days made me realise that you're supposed to have fun playing a game, not just log in daily like some sort of monotonous grind. The missus said "you're always grumpy when you play that card game" which is true, and at that moment a light bulb lit up above my head.

I'll drop in this thread every now and again to see if the new cards change the game. But for now it's bye Hearthstone, I'd like to say it was fun, but it wasn't.

better topic...
Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cfeo6TPWwAA2ewM.jpg:large[/IMG]

My thoughts: 0 mana spells are insane, therefore this card is probably insane. Obvious combinations are shadowflame or siphon soul.

jgminto

Meh...would have been cool if all spells instead of only one. It seems like it would have a similar effect as the 4/3 Mage secret minion where you basically just get a discount on the body alongside the spell you would play anyway.

Dahbomb

better topic...
Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cfeo6TPWwAA2ewM.jpg:large[/IMG]

My thoughts: 0 mana spells are insane, therefore this card is probably insane. Obvious combinations are shadowflame or siphon soul.
It's alright but not that good. The effect should've been active until end of turn at least.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Really good effect, but I can't think of any Warlock spell this Syergize with.

Maybe you could combo it with RAFAAM, THE SUPREME ARCHAEOLOGIST!

Dahbomb

Really good effect, but I can't think of any Warlock spell this Syergize with.

Maybe you could combo it with RAFAAM, THE SUPREME ARCHAEOLOGIST!
0 mana Doom son.

Siphon Soul and Shadowflame are best uses for this. Other Warlock cards aren't expensive or good enough to warrant playing this card.

Warlock getting the shaft this expansion yet again.

Dahbomb

0 mana spells are insane enough. We're talking about siphon soul costing only 3 health.
He's saying your next spell as in it working like Dragon Consort. You can sort of bank that spell for later on and still play this on turn 7 for board presence.

I don't think it would be too good. It would make cards like Twisting Nether and Doom more playable.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Chogath is sick, especially with Reno.

You guys see the Curse of Rafaam tech in like a Zooish deck? Sjow was playing Freeze Mage the other day and it absolutely wrecked him. Was quite hilarious. Also lately I've seen the Nozdormu/Curse combo, that I think Eloise was playing.

0 mana spells are insane enough. We're talking about siphon soul costing only 3 health.
Compare that to other legendaries, though. Imagine the card like this:

Cho'gall.
7 Mana
7/7
Destroy a target creature and lose 3 health.

Does that really seem "insane" to you? Would it be too insane if it instead said:

Cho'gall
7 Mana
7/7
Destroy a target creature and gain 3 health.

Because that's the difference between what Blizzard did, and what I am suggesting.

You guys see the Curse of Rafaam tech in like a Zooish deck? Sjow was playing Freeze Mage the other day and it absolutely wrecked him. Was quite hilarious. Also lately I've seen the Nozdormu/Curse combo, that I think Eloise was playing.
lol, Nozdormu/Curse combo? What's that?

Curse of Rafaam has always only had value as a Freeze Mage counter because it hits through Ice Block. Otherwise it is garbage.

Dahbomb

That effect is insane son.

7/7 body 7 mana kill a minion on the board for only 3 hp is broken.

The reason this card isn't broken because it's a very specific two combo card play. You may not have either of the cards to make that play and even when you do you are still going 1 for 1 using Siphon Soul. If that effect was on the minion then it would be more OP than BGH.

squidyj

It's not like you are going to be doing much else that turn.

The main issue is that it would eat into the time of the other player.

I just know that this card is going to break the game week 1.

rope rope rope rope rope, YOGG SARON MOTHERFUCKER.

Apathy

That effect is insane son.

7/7 body 7 mana kill a minion on the board for only 3 hp is broken.

The reason this card isn't broken because it's a very specific two combo card play. You may not have either of the cards to make that play and even when you do you are still going 1 for 1 using Siphon Soul. If that effect was on the minion then it woukd be more OP than BGH.

New Dr. 7 for locks?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
0 mana Doom son.

Siphon Soul and Shadowflame are best uses for this. Other Warlock cards aren't expensive or good enough to warrant playing this card.

Warlock getting the shaft this expansion yet again.

If BGH is nerfed into the ground, Warlock may be forced to play Siphon Soul instead. And if thats the case, I think this card is powerful enough for an inclusion. This + Siphon Soul is a pretty big tempo swing.

Fishlake

Wow 7 mana and 3 life is going to be huge for warlock. As a 2 card combo it is easy to see this happening as well. More swing for the swing class.

Do you die if you use this combo at 4-6 health?

Owzers

Played a few games after taking a couple days break, just to clear some dailies up and it's nothing but shitty aggro decks who go face every turn. So either I be part of the problem and go Aggro cunt Shaman et al or I play a gimped deck and die by turn 6 or 7.

So that's it, I'm done. Glad I didn't pre-order the new expansion packs as I'm done with this game for now and I don't know if I'll come back. Playing other games over the past few days made me realise that you're supposed to have fun playing a game, not just log in daily like some sort of monotonous grind. The missus said "you're always grumpy when you play that card game" which is true, and at that moment a light bulb lit up above my head.

I'll drop in this thread every now and again to see if the new cards change the game. But for now it's bye Hearthstone, I'd like to say it was fun, but it wasn't.

nothing says fun like playing against aggro decks if you're not ridiculous control. Argent horserider with two abusive sergent turn....i was swearing.

Cat Party

Cho'gall is good. Would obviously be extremely broken in other classes, but still good in Warlock. Bane of Doom could see more play with this.

if 'all you faced' was shitty aggro decks you could've done something like created a homebrew taunt/heal druid deck and shut those decks down FYI i love it when i run into nothing but aggro because it's so easy to make a successful homebrew deck like that. it's really easy to shut down if you're totally confident that's what you're going to face (no pun intended)

Compare that to other legendaries, though. Imagine the card like this:

Cho'gall.
7 Mana
7/7
Destroy a target creature and lose 3 health.

Does that really seem "insane" to you? Would it be too insane if it instead said:

Cho'gall
7 Mana
7/7
Destroy a target creature and gain 3 health.

Because that's the difference between what Blizzard did, and what I am suggesting.

Yes. That is insane. Summon a 7/7 and destroy a minion and lose 3 health is insane. That's incredibly good. That is better than the cho'gall card we are actually given because the real cho'gall requires you to expend another card.

Now consider that the actual cho'gall card lets you use ANY spell for 0 mana. You're not restricted to siphon soul. You can use shadowflame. You can use doom or twisting nether.

But I think most people are going to combo it with siphon soul. Because play a 7/7 and spend 3 health to remove a ysera or a malygos or whatever... is simply an insane tempo swing.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Yay! Finally got my double golden Yetis!

kNdYEfB.jpg

I even managed to grab one of the golden oozes on the same day!

mozz_shopkeep.gif

gutshot

Really hoping the Hunter legendary is playable. They are the only class that has never had one of their class Legendaries regularly used in a competitive deck. Every other class has managed to find a deck for one or more of their Legendaries.

Warlock: Jaraxxus & Mal'ganis
Mage: Antonidas
Paladin: Tirion
Warrior: Grommash
Rogue: Van Cleef
Priest: Paletress
Shaman: Al'Akir
Druid: Cenarius

As an aside, looking at this list makes me realize how shitty most class Legendaries outside of the Classic set have been.

Dahbomb

Yeah Blizzard really dropped the ball on class Legendaries after Classic.

The Lightlord is good though.

Even if Hunter doesn't get a good Legendary they got a couple of nice 8 drop epics. Unlike Warlocks..

I'd like to see more class legendaries in general, the other day I realized how few each class even has, they should get more. If you don't want to give them more then at least don't give them joke legendaries like Flame Leviathan and Fizzlebang, they should be those classes' best options. This is true to some extent with Antonidas, Gromm, Tirion, etc but like what does Rogue have except Van Cleef? Hunter also doesn't have a Legendary at that tier.

I hope the Hunter legendary is a 4/5 drop, it'd need to be incredibly good to take Highmane's spot at 6 and even then it'd just create deck building problems. They have plenty of high cost cards now.

I think they're doing an okay job with class legends. I think they could do better. While some could be a tad better or fit better, at least we haven't seen anything broken either, so that's good.

They've also been kinda smart. It wouldn't be good for the game if they just add in more auto-include legendary cards. Although I expect any midrange warlock class will run cho'gall, probably aggro doesn't. I frankly would not be surprised if zoo ran that beast, provided they get a spell set worthy of it.

But lets say they add a mage legendary card that's great in freeze mage (just for a clear cut example). Suddenly freeze mage has 2 class legendary cards in their deck. That is probably not a great thing. Too much power added to a single deck is the potential problem there. Therefore, I think they go with niche over generally good most of the time.

Also, I think the list of class legendary cards being used isn't bad. Although hunter has certainly had the least representation, I think even dreadscale is a fine card.

I think the legendaries in this set have been fine up until now, not jaw dropping stuff, but all fine.

Rag is good
Xaril(?) is good(and cool)
Hallazeal is potentially great(and cool)
Volazj is eh(but cool)
Cho'Gall is good

That leaves Hunter, Mage, Warrior and Druid. IMO all of these classes would like a good legendary. Also I literally sat here for ten minutes trying to remember the ninth class in Hearthstone, fucking Druid.

Top Bottom