• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Owzers

Ugh, pretty close to full health, Druid had one minion on board. FoN -> Innervate -> Innervate -> SR -> SR and I'm dead. Fun and interactive.

i thought i was doing a good job of swinging the board in my favor as a renolock, but i didn't play around double combo....

Hey, he had the skill to not play Innervate first while at 10 mana and waste the effect! kappa

It's more common than you think. I did it once during an early season and lost a close game I would've won because of it. Never forgot it.

The worst is when you KNOW to play cards in order A, but then your hand plays them in order B. STUPID HAND.

ViviOggi

ViviOggi is having a rough time:

hearthstonescreenshot1gpqk.png

Literal Secredin in arena............................

KAJCag.gif

I have about 1k gold saved up. That is probably more than I had saved up for TGT. I also have more dust I think. I haven't dusted my duplicates in a while. And all the crappy naxx/gvg cards I am going to dust. I think I'll be able to craft a couple legends and with gold I'll hopefully get the rares/commons I need.

Eddie Bax

i thought i was doing a good job of swinging the board in my favor as a renolock, but i didn't play around double combo....

Yeah, I did the best I could in my previous turn to play around the single combo, expecting it to come, but no-one expects the Spanish inquis... err, double combo!

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I have about 1k gold saved up. That is probably more than I had saved up for TGT. I also have more dust I think. I haven't dusted my duplicates in a while. And all the crappy naxx/gvg cards I am going to dust. I think I'll be able to craft a couple legends and with gold I'll hopefully get the rares/commons I need.

I've been saving for a bit of time now and have over 7k saved up, and undusted commons/rares/golden cards I think I'll end up with most of the set or at least enough to have everything I want. My usual plan is to wait a few weeks after release to start crafting once people have figured out what is worth getting. Might need to wait a bit longer this time since I intend to play both wild (why not, I have the cards), and standard.

I have very little gold, but I have just over 1600 dust for my first crafted legendary. There are so many options, it's hard to figure out which one to make. It'll depend on whether I decide to make the Standard-viable Dreadsteed deck, or Control Shaman.

Owzers

If I had enough dust to craft a Legendary I'd probably go for Sylvanas, fits a lot of decks I'm interested in(mid-range/control).

Seems like a safe bet, i started with vital legendaries, Dr. Boom was the first, then Tirion when i went secret paladin ( the classiest of choices), then Sylvanas, then finally MalGanis.

I'd probably wait until all the expansion legendaries are revealed to see if there is one that is more important to a deck.

Apathy

It's amazing how the go-to legends worth crafting change over time.

I remember when Cairne was THE staple legendary card.

He might make a comeback (Cairne: Don't call it a comeback. I been here for years). I'm a fan of Ysera, Sylvanas, and Tyrion for crafting

Dart

I have a mostly all golden deck with three golden legendaries, Elise, Justicar, & Paletress

I'm hesitant to craft another golden legend before the expac

Though I get pretty lucky in getting golden Cairne or Sylvanas from museum curator already

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
It's amazing how the go-to legends worth crafting change over time.

I remember when Cairne was THE staple legendary card.

There were two things that contributed to Cairne's demise.

1. Stacked up poorly against Belcher.
2. The game got faster.
3. Piloted Sky Golem was basically a better version of Cairne.

There's always the chance he could come back. Like if Control Warrior were to start dominating you might see a lot more of him. There are certain decks that have a lot of trouble with him.

Although Priest has a hard counter with Entomb these days. That still might keep him down.

My first was doctor 7 thanks to a golden illidan, then tirion for my midrange, still to decide between something from the new set or one of the good classic ones aka rag or Silvanas.

Levi

Banned
9-2 with reno lock this morning and then the game matched with 8 combo druids in a row. IN A ROW. Every single one had combo in hand on or before turn 9. Unbelievable. Most of them played like shit but got bailed out by drawing well.

How the fuck do you get the same match up 8 times in a row.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So these will be the card votes next week:
Io41XtX.jpg

ELbUba4.jpg

6vQOJLL.jpg

DMDQ16X.jpg

ojFEuvh.jpg

Since they have all been class cards so far, a few of them should be for Rogue and Mage.

Haunted

Am I insane for already thinking I should save up gold for the next adventure releasing after the old gods expansion?

What's a good amount to keep as a permanent stash? 2800? 3500? On a related note, what do people think is a reasonable amount of packs to buy to get a good portion of the important stuff in the new expansion?

Haunted

Think im,going to craft silvanas and a justicar

Or alexsraza
If you go with pure usefulness, I'd say craft Sylvanas first, she's still useful in a variety of decks. Though honestly, Justicar has been a great addition to my control warrior and a lot of fun.

So these will be the card votes next week:

ojFEuvh.jpg

Since they have all been class cards so far, a few of them should be for Rogue and Mage.
Just looks like a regular Ancient Shade to me, not particularly corrupted or anything. :p

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Am I insane for already thinking I should save up gold for the next adventure releasing after the old gods expansion?

What's a good amount to keep as a permanent stash? 2800? 3500?

All Adventures so far have been 2800 to 3500, so I guess.

Personally I think Adventures are best bought with real cash, since they have the worst cash:gold ratio.

Like, 3500 gold will give you $25 in value. But for cards, 4000 gold will give you $50 worth of cards.

Just looks like a regular Ancient Shade to me, not particularly corrupted or anything. :p

See, that Shade isn't corrupted, its actually the new model this year! Yes, that there is the Rogue's "Brand New Shade". Its a 4 mana 4/7, with a battle cry to shuffle a "New Curse" into your deck. When you draw the new curse, you heal you opponent for 7 health.

That third card looks like a badass mage card(could be minion or spell, I think spell), I hope it's good.
Ragnaros is more my type, but I also have to see that BGH nerf.
Ah I forgot about Rag, yeah he's one of my top priorities too.

I've been super lucky to get Justicar and Antonidas randomly in packs within a month of playing. Sadly Justicar is only really good in decks that are extremely expensive to craft.

That third card looks like a badass mage card(could be minion or spell, I think spell), I hope it's good.

Ah I forgot about Rag, yeah he's one of my top priorities too.

I've been super lucky to get Justicar and Antonidas randomly in packs within a month of playing. Sadly Justicar is only really good in decks that are extremely expensive to craft.

I got 2 rags from,packs. Would love an antonidas. Shame the game does not have a trade feature.

9-2 with reno lock this morning and then the game matched with 8 combo druids in a row. IN A ROW. Every single one had combo in hand on or before turn 9. Unbelievable. Most of them played like shit but got bailed out by drawing well.
This is the most ironic post I have ever seen on NeoGAF.

I got 2 rags from,packs. Would love an antonidas. Shame the game does not have a trade feature.
Bots and farmers would bankrupt the game if we had trading.

Dahbomb

One of those better be a good Warlock minion, preferably in the mid range slot like 4 drop.

Nah Secret Paladins complaining about Hunter or vice versa always entertains me.

ViviOggi

What's ironic is that you've been playing for a while now and hold reasonable opinions for the most part but still haven't come off of your Reno hate trip........

Renolock is significantly more demanding to play correctly than the second most braindead deck in the game, nicknamed "BrokeBack" by the community at large, this is not even a question

One of those better be a good Warlock minion, preferably in the mid range slot like 4 drop.

Nah Secret Paladins complaining about Hunter or vice versa always entertains me.
Never heard a Secret Paladin complain before. :p

But I beat Secret Paladins a LOT more often than I beat Renolock, so it still wouldn't phase me.

What's ironic is that you've been playing for a while now and hold reasonable opinions for the most part but still haven't come off of your Reno hate trip........

Renolock is significantly more demanding to play correctly than the second most braindead deck in the game, nicknamed "BrokeBack" by the community at large, this is not even a question
I completely disagree. Zero respect for Renolock, and if they give me any kind of way to kill the Reno proc, I will do so consistently.

Aggro Shaman and Combo Druid can fuck themselves the most honestly, I'd add mech mage but thankfully you don't see them much anymore. Nothing infuriates me more than a bad player getting saved because he has 14+ damage in his hand that doesn't require a functioning brain to pull off.

As a combo druid player its the only deck I can play right now. I'm trying to build a tempo mage or control warror

Was playing budget zoo for,a while

As a combo druid player its the only deck I can play right now. I'm trying to build a tempo mage or control warror

Was playing budget zoo for,a while
I'm playing a tempo mage even though I fucking hate it, I'm forgiving myself because I literally do not have the resources to play the decks I want to play.

Like I'd rather be playing my shitty Paladin or Bolster Warrior decks.

Top Bottom