• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

georly

So these will be the card votes next week:
ELbUba4.jpg

Since they have all been class cards so far, a few of them should be for Rogue and Mage.

Oh no, they made a huhuran card ;_;

I'll guess she's either Druid or Hunter Legendary. Probably druid? She deals nature damage/poison in the game.

Reno alone is affordable, to build his deck is not

You think can put him on whereever if your library not on snuff yet?, yeah no

I played against a Renolock who mostly played basics and commons.

Found the replay:

Was pretty sure it was Zoo, the Frost Elemental gave me pause, then Molten into Reno. I still won but I applaud the dude for trying. I was playing Giants Paladin at the time.

Sande

But how can I know if I haven't played either? ;-) That's the point.
I guess I should have spelled it out. The deck is so simple and one-dimensional. If you've seen it once, you're pretty much an expert at playing it. I specifically said you don't have to play a deck to have a grasp of it. That's doubly true for the simpler decks like secret paladin.

And sure, HS is a simple game, but that doesn't mean that there isn't a varying degree of complexity and difficulty within that spectrum.

IvorB

Man, I just had a match against a guy playing an insanely strong warrior deck. He was just playing powerful card after powerful card and I was managing to desperately hold him off until I ran out of cards :-(. He had a card which called another legendary minion on death so when I killed it it just called another one of the same. Then I killed that and it called something even worse. It was crazy.

Got a lock down to 1 Hp then he played Reno :(

Tried to counter with poison seeds

Managed to get him to a force of nature -savage Rae range then he played healbot and Mel Thad next turn

Kripp is mind blown over Animal Companion.

"THIS CARD IS CCRRRRRAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!"

Call of the wild or companions or whatever? Yeah, that card in a vacuum is pretty nuts. It's a high cost spell but it still does something more immediate than just summoning minions, it summons 5 immediate charge damage. It's a bit high on the power curve I suppose. I just hope we don't high popularity in decks faster than midrange hunter.

Dahbomb

Hunter has been getting good/great slower cards but they fail to create a new archetype and are either just incorporated into the existing decks or don't see play.

This card is still very good so it's very likely that people will just use it in the existing Midrange deck as a Ragnaros replacement at the minimum.

georly

She doesn't necessarily have to be a legendary. They turned Ouro into an epic.

She literally has a crown. I feel she'll be legendary.

Also, weren't there smaller/non-boss versions of ouro?

Kripp is mind blown over Animal Companion.

"THIS CARD IS CCRRRRRAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!"

It's the dr 8!

At least all the OP cards this time seem class specific. I'd like to keep it that way, tbh.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
At least all the OP cards this time seem class specific. I'd like to keep it that way, tbh.

Yes, it should've been like this from the start. Keep power in the classes and use neutral as strategic filler. This will let them more easily control which kinds of decks get made and balancing their relative power levels.

Dahbomb

Can't wait to take Call of the Wild in Wild (ayy lmao) format and play this card after Dr Balanced and buff up my bots as well.

Play two cards, get a full board.

Can't wait to take Call of the Wild in Wild (ayy lmao) format and play this card after Dr Balanced and buff up my bots as well.

Play two cards, get a full board.
Can't wait to watch streamers play Wild and never play it myself, I'm way too behind on cards to even begin to compete and I'm guessing only the players with huge collections will be playing that format.

Speaking of Call of the Wild, I wonder if it'll always summon the Companions in the same order. For example, I feel like Leokk, Huffer, then Misha would be the best for Hunters since that would allow the card to be used in a wide range of decks.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Speaking of Call of the Wild, I wonder if it'll always summon the Companions in the same order. For example, I feel like Leokk, Huffer, then Misha would be the best for Hunters since that would allow the card to be used in a wide range of decks.

IIRC they clarified that it's in alphabetical order.

Haly and Rodriguez, I need your BNet IDs. I have the 'spectate a win' quest so I have to watch either of you two lose for a while first.

Dart

Are you fuckin kidding me!?

Crackle's card text needs to be changed to "deal 6 damage" because that's what it does every goddamn time

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Are you fuckin kidding me!?

Crackle's card text needs to be changed to "deal 6 damage" because that's what it does every goddamn time

Crackle's card text is "If an enemy is using this card, or it will be overkill, do 6 damage. Else do 3"

I will not miss crackle from standard.

KuroNeeko

I've been reading a bit about how to improve performance on the ladder and it seems like some sites recommend sticking with "one deck."

Have you found this to be the case? I swap a lot just to do dailies, and to be honest, if I don't swap then I start to lose interest even when I play Control Priest.

These days, I've been playing around with fringe decks like Control Hunter, Reincarnate Shaman, Battlecry Shaman, Control Shaman (I want the golden totems lol) and Shadow Priest...hmm, I guess that could be my problem... lol

Anyone else really hesitant about crafting non-expert, non-WoG cards? Like, I think golden Entombs / Curators, Ball of Spiders, Saraad and Justicar would be AWESOME to craft, but TGT and LoE are going to rotate out of standard NEXT YEAR. : /

Also, thank you, Damisa, for letting me spectate. My pack had a gold Shadowform in it!

latest

Levi

Banned
Got a golden None Of Your Business from a pack.

So I made an aggro secrets pally.

Man this deck is dumb. Autowin when you curve out, autolose if you don't. Fun dropping the Golden MC into "Well Met" since I'm a sadist, but otherwise this is not a playstyle I enjoy.

KuroNeeko

Man this deck is dumb. Autowin when you curve out, autolose if you don't. Fun dropping the Golden MC into "Well Met" since I'm a sadist, but otherwise this is not a playstyle I enjoy.

Get out while you can!!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I've been reading a bit about how to improve performance on the ladder and it seems like some sites recommend sticking with "one deck."

Have you found this to be the case? I swap a lot just to do dailies, and to be honest, if I don't swap then I start to lose interest even when I play Control Priest.

These days, I've been playing around with fringe decks like Control Hunter, Reincarnate Shaman, Battlecry Shaman, Control Shaman (I want the golden totems lol) and Shadow Priest...hmm, I guess that could be my problem... lol

Anyone else really hesitant about crafting non-expert, non-WoG cards? Like, I think golden Entombs / Curators, Ball of Spiders, Saraad and Justicar would be AWESOME to craft, but TGT and LoE are going to rotate out of standard NEXT YEAR. : /

Also, thank you, Damisa, for letting me spectate. My pack had a gold Shadowform in it!

latest

I think sticking with a single deck for a month is the fastest way to get better. By sticking to a deck, you don't have to worry about constantly learning a new deck, and instead can focus on other areas of the game, mainly about reading and anticipating your opponent.

Yep, Secret Paladin is by far one of the strongest ladder decks right now. I think it's slightly more in depth than people give it credit for (Mainly in how to deal with a bad matchups or salvage games that just went poorly), but having a 6 mana card give 9 to 11 mana and thin your deck is so powerful. The deck synergizes with Divine Favor very well, has the best 2 drop in the game, along with having a number of other cards that are very powerful on their own and synergize well with each other. The deck should die out in Standard, but it's likely going to be a powerful deck type in Wild forever.

Tarazet

Good to know the win streak I had with Midrange Shaman yesterday was just a fluke. Lost against a string of Secret Paladins. It isn't the quality of the cards, really, it's just that you inevitably end up topdecking against anything slower than Face Hunter. Maybe throwing Ancestral Knowledge in there would help somewhat, but it would just be a band-aid and you would keep running into the same issue again a turn later.

fertygo

I 100% can win against secret pally if I have my hand, problem is most of time I don't.. they always does

which is why we despise that deck

remove avenge target #1, remove avenge target #2 is how you beat it.. its easy as fuck, prob is draw and mulligan god not always love you

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I 100% can win against secret pally if I have my hand, problem is most of time I don't.. they always does

which is why we despise that deck

remove avenge target #1, remove avenge target #2 is how you beat it.. its easy as fuck, prob is draw and mulligan god not always love you

The bigger problem tends to be when they get challenger into boom into tirion as it's incredibly hard to have draws that hold that back.

It does fall prey to certain things like face hunter, priest(they can answer the perfect curve with lightbombs and entombs), etc. though. They live and die by the board, if they have to play challenger on a naked board they're likely gonna lose. Though they don't make it easy for that to happen.

Levi

Banned
Get out while you can!!

I want to at least try the less aggressive list with Dr Boom and Tirion before standard.

Yep, Secret Paladin is by far one of the strongest ladder decks right now. I think it's slightly more in depth than people give it credit for (Mainly in how to deal with a bad matchups or salvage games that just went poorly), but having a 6 mana card give 9 to 11 mana and thin your deck is so powerful. The deck synergizes with Divine Favor very well, has the best 2 drop in the game, along with having a number of other cards that are very powerful on their own and synergize well with each other. The deck should die out in Standard, but it's likely going to be a powerful deck type in Wild forever.

I don't think the aggro list has any depth at all. Vomit your whole hand, hope to get a divine favor if the game lasts past turn 6. I'll be curious to see if there's more decision making in the slower list.

fertygo

The bigger problem tends to be when they get challenger into boom into tirion as it's incredibly hard to have draws that hold that back.
yeah this also really shitty. 3 OP card in a row

It does fall prey to certain things like face hunter, priest(they can answer the perfect curve with lightbombs and entombs), etc. though. They live and die by the board, if they have to play challenger on a naked board they're likely gonna lose. Though they don't make it easy for that to happen.

yeah with thing like minibot and muster, high HP minion and board clear in turn 5 is a must

you must have perfect hand for such a stupid deck, thanks god its dead soon

KuroNeeko

Good to know the win streak I had with Midrange Shaman yesterday was just a fluke. Lost against a string of Secret Paladins. It isn't the quality of the cards, really, it's just that you inevitably end up topdecking against anything slower than Face Hunter. Maybe throwing Ancestral Knowledge in there would help somewhat, but it would just be a band-aid and you would keep running into the same issue again a turn later.

I feel like most non-murloc Paladin decks are just too strong against Midrange Shaman. Minibot and Muster just crush your board and then it's really hard to recover after Keeper / Shredder, 5-drop, Dr. 6.

Most of the luck I've had had required a really strong early board presence, but the overload makes it hard (Totem Golem, Feral Spirits, Lightning Storm). : /

bunbun777

All of my heroes have been level 60 for awhile except Rouge. Got to level 52 farming tavern brawl and realized I was only 3 murlocs away from golden murk eye. Then the game gave me a second one after my next match with him but it's since readjusted.

Man this guy Kripp's facing is the most obvious sniper I've seen yet. Backstabs a 1/1 to proc duplicate, throws his 2/1 at a 1/1 zo Kripp can't kill his 5 health minion with Kraken, it's so common but these people disgust me.

You can whine about streamers complaining about snipers but I'd be suspicious as hell every match too when this bullshit happens so often.

Man rnjesus smiling on me b/c it knows I haven't played the game in a while. Windfury off an enemy spellslinger w/ leeroy and po in hand for that 20 health lethal. and then brann + peddler into two POs with 1 in hand for that 18 health lethal the next game w/ leeroy. lol

Tarazet

I feel like most non-murloc Paladin decks are just too strong against Midrange Shaman. Minibot and Muster just crush your board and then it's really hard to recover after Keeper / Shredder, 5-drop, Dr. 6.

Most of the luck I've had had required a really strong early board presence, but the overload makes it hard (Totem Golem, Feral Spirits, Lightning Storm). : /

The way Midrange Shaman works, when it works, is by fooling your opponent into thinking that you're actually the aggro deck. If you get a Trogg Rule, Totem Golem start, then use it to trade instead of applying it directly to the face, by then it's too late for them to rethink their approach. And if that Face Hunter ignores your board, your extended curve will outrace him before you even drop Dr. Boom. But if you miss a turn you're basically toast and overload makes it hard to keep the pressure on. Then you run out of cards and the opponent is still too far away from lethal.

It's fun and easy to play, but quite binary in terms of whether you win or lose. Usually lose.

luoapp

Man this guy Kripp's facing is the most obvious sniper I've seen yet. Backstabs a 1/1 to proc duplicate, throws his 2/1 at a 1/1 zo Kripp can't kill his 5 health minion with Kraken, it's so common but these people disgust me.

You can whine about streamers complaining about snipers but I'd be suspicious as hell every match too when this bullshit happens so often.

Nah, I actually would like to see a challenge where streamers going against snipers.

If you leave the answers to the test on your desk, don't be upset if someone looks.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
If you leave the answers to the test on your desk, don't be upset if someone looks.

I got a good laugh out of his "WELLCOME SINPERINO" banner earlier.

Also did an arena earlier tonight for the first time in a long while. Managed to create a pretty good Paladin deck and go 8-3. Had a Dr. Boom, a couple Truesilvers, and two Keeper of Uldaman. I think if I had a couple more 2 drops (or more were offered) it might have been able to go the distance. I didn't think to screenshot the deck for you all to mock my choices, but rest assured some bad picks were in there. The decks I lost to were close games where I probably messed up once or twice without noticing. Lost by 2 HP against a Rogue at the end. Oil is still a pretty good card, y'all.

A few of the games felt really scummy, though. Like what do you do against a decent curve in arena? Felt really different to the last arena I played like 6+ months ago. I didn't remember it being this tempo based. I know Kripp and others have been saying that for a while, but I hadn't experienced it. Was fun, but don't know if I want to go back. The variance in playing a deck like that vs a terrible deck is just too much. Hopefully the Standard ladder (maybe even the Wild ladder) will be shook up enough after Old Gods to spark some interest. I definitely have a couple deck ideas I want to try out.

Ridli

Oh no, they made a huhuran card ;_;

I'll guess she's either Druid or Hunter Legendary. Probably druid? She deals nature damage/poison in the game.

So many nature protection potions. So much Dreamfoil...

On the plus side, the little crown they gave her is absolutely adorable!

KuroNeeko

The way Midrange Shaman works, when it works, is by fooling your opponent into thinking that you're actually the aggro deck. If you get a Trogg Rule, Totem Golem start, then use it to trade instead of applying it directly to the face, by then it's too late for them to rethink their approach. And if that Face Hunter ignores your board, your extended curve will outrace him before you even drop Dr. Boom. But if you miss a turn you're basically toast and overload makes it hard to keep the pressure on. Then you run out of cards and the opponent is still too far away from lethal.

It's fun and easy to play, but quite binary in terms of whether you win or lose. Usually lose.

Yeah, I get this a lot. I play a Control-y Dragon-ish list and I LOVE starting with Trogg or TG since most people assume you're going aggro. Then the Twilight Guardians drop on turn 4...

Top Bottom