• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

georly

ELbUba4.jpg

I wonder if huhu will be a druid board clear legendary. Like a better Geddon, only dealing damage to your opponent's minions, but with worse statline. Like "Deal 2/3 damage to all enemy minions at the end of each turn" or something. Make her 6 mana to combo with poison seeds?

6 Mana, 4/5 - deal 2 damage to all enemy minions at the end of each turn.

ELbUba4.jpg

I wonder if huhu will be a druid board clear legendary. Like a better Geddon, only dealing damage to your opponent's minions, but with worse statline. Like "Deal 2/3 damage to all enemy minions at the end of each turn" or something. Make her 6 mana to combo with poison seeds?

6 Mana, 4/5 - deal 2 damage to all enemy minions at the end of each turn.

So basically baron geddon on steroids for less mana
laugh.gif

bjaelke

With the implementation of Standard and Wild formats on the horizon, we want to ensure that their addition to Hearthstone is a fun and meaningful experience for all our players around the world. Everyone should feel free to enjoy the format they have the most fun with, and be recognized for their efforts ascending the ladder in Ranked Play, regardless of format.

After careful consideration, we have decided to make a change to the rank displayed on your friends list once Standard and Wild formats go live.

Previously, we announced that your current rank in Standard would be the rank displayed next to your name on your friends list. Instead, once the Year of the Kraken officially begins, your best current rank--whether Standard or Wild--will automatically be displayed on your friends list.

For example, if you are rank 15 in Wild and rank 18 in Standard, your rank in Wild will be displayed.

We hope this change will encourage our players to proudly display the in-game accomplishments they have achieved, whether they are traversing Wild or diving into Standard.

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/20743020458

georly

So basically baron geddon on steroids for less mana
laugh.gif

Yeah. Maybe lower stats, but class cards have been really strong this expac so far.

Either that or Hunter I'd guess. The idea you have makes a lot of sense since she'd do that in her Raid Encounter.

Or maybe she's the first Poison counter creature for Hearthstone! I'm sure that'd go over well.

Hunter already has a legendary that does 1 damage to all minions, so I feel it'd be redundant. Was just trying to fill a gap in druid at having a good board clear.

Games are shorter on average in terms of number of turns played out.

Issue is that there's more thinking involved so players take more time thinking out turns and moving around their units. I believe the turn timer is also longer.

Also the matchmaking is super fast. Like you are in a game within 4 seconds.

I haven't had a single game go to fatigue in Duelyst (though there are also 40 card decks) and rarely do games go above the 9th mana crystal. And you start with 2 mana crystals vs 1 crystal in HS.
Seconding all of this,though apparently the turn timer is the same as HS. It feels longer, though.

inky

I haven't played Hearthstone in weeks and I haven't been paying much attention to the new cards either, but last night I had a short dream that I was playing a game in my tablet.

Is Blizzard doing some "advertise in your dreams" Futurama shit or what? Disgusting.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't like it for the same reason I don't like Far Sight.

It's not even appropriately costed. 6 mana for draw 3? Come on Blizzard. Sprint is already overpriced as is.

georly

I don't like it for the same reason I don't like Far Sight.

It's not even appropriately costed. 6 mana for draw 3? Come on Blizzard. Sprint is already overpriced as is.

6 mana for getting what is normally an impossible amount of the same card in your deck, which has potential to be broken. But yeah, 6 is a lot to basically do nothing one turn and potentially whiff on like backstab (when you don't need it) or something.

It'll work in very particular decks, I think.

Over costed as hell, should've been 5 mana.

It's slightly less random than the cabalist's tome, so maybe that's why they added 1 more mana cost to it?

I don't understand why they costed it at 6 mana, especially when taking into consideration stuff like Nourish and Cabalist's Tome.

I dunno, card doesn't seem that good to me.

Dahbomb

I would use this over Sprint in the Slow Control Renubarak Rogue deck. Creates cards as opposed to drawing from deck which is more valuable in the long game.

Acerac

Banned
I don't understand why they costed it at 6 mana, especially when taking into consideration stuff like Nourish and Cabalist's Tome.

Preparation. The other classes do not have it.

Granted, I kinda assumed prep was getting nerfed.

Haly

6 mana for getting what is normally an impossible amount of the same card in your deck, which has potential to be broken.

I don't believe in paying a premium for RNG shenanigans. In fact, I should be getting things for cheaper if it's unreliable. That's the whole point of variance, no?

Also this is more card counting shit like Reno. I thought they wanted to reduce mental complexity but this just increases it in a way that is utterly unappealing. I don't like having to open notepad to keep track of my cards because they can't be arsed to show my graveyard.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

The classes aren't supposed to have equivalent quality card draw, but the trick is trying to have that occur while still making playable cards, which they often don't reach.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Preparation. The other classes do not have it.

Granted, I kinda assumed prep was getting nerfed.

Nah, I think to much of Rogue's stuff is balanced around Prep being a 3 mana discount. It would be easier to just up the mana cost of some of their spells (Unlike Haly, I think Sprint is actually undercosted and should be 8 mana.)

This card would be good in a fatigue deck, which Blizard keeps pushing, but I don't think is strong enough yet. What would make this go from decent to amazing is if you had some way to set the top card of your deck (Or better yet, the order of the next 3 cards)

Acerac

Banned
Even still, I don't like the idea of overcosting spells just because Preparation exists.
It's why I am expecting the nerf, honestly. I feel that prep has been the strongest contributing factor in making rogues tough to balance.
Nah, I think to much of Rogue's stuff is balanced around Prep being a 3 mana discount. It would be easier to just up the mana cost of some of their spells (Unlike Haly, I think Sprint is actually undercosted and should be 8 mana.)

Sounds like we're on the same page.

Haly

Also, historically Rogue cards have been just "short" of efficient, but they're cheap and cycling happens often so we get around it by chaining cards together, or by triggering combos.

This triplication of my below-average-efficiency cards is not appealing at all.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Also, historically Rogue cards have been just "short" of efficient, but they're cheap and cycling happens often so we get around it by chaining cards together, or by triggering combos.

This triplication of your below-average-efficiency cards is not appealing at all.

Hey, imagine in a world where Rogue could order their next 3 cards. Then Thistle Tea will be amazing!

Sadly we don't currently live in that world. You need some way to cheat in order to make this card good though. Right now the best thing you can do is wait till you hit fatigue, gang up, then play Thistle Tea to get another 2 copies of the card you copied for a total of 5. At the very least, this card should find a home in a Reno deck.

georly

Hey, imagine in a world where Rogue could order their next 3 cards. Then Thistle Tea will be amazing!

Sadly we don't currently live in that world. You need some way to cheat in order to make this card good though. Right now the best thing you can do is wait till you hit fatigue, gang up, then play Thistle Tea to get another 2 copies of the card you copied for a total of 5. At the very least, this card should find a home in a Reno deck.

Or play a deck where regardless of what you tea, it'll provide some benefit to you. Easier said than done, but if every card is worth having 3 of in your hand, then it'll work.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
If only there was something like scry in hearthstone

Yeah I would like that myself. Right now Tracking is the closest. It is also the kind of mechanic that fits with Rogue thematically, since it is kind of like a sneaky cheating thing.

Haly

If we had scry, my evaluation of Thistle Tea would be completely different, but we don't.

Scry is a very miserly, competitive-oriented mechanic intended to reduce variance and create incremental advantage, which is exactly what Blizzard doesn't like. Explosiveness, flashy upsets, soul crushing whiffs, that's the game that we play.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I watched Dog's video and he basically goes into how it doesn't work with any current Rogue deck, but fits a Control Rogue much better than Sprint because you don't want to get into fatigue.

Pretty much the same viewpoint as in here.

In the current meta he doesn't see it as competitive since Control Rogue is not functional and this won't do it by itself, so probably not a great Wild choice.

ZealousD

I watched Dog's video and he basically goes into how it doesn't work with any current Rogue deck, but fits a Control Rogue much better than Sprint because you don't want to get into fatigue.

Pretty much the same viewpoint as in here.

In the current meta he doesn't see it as competitive since Control Rogue is not functional and this won't do it by itself, so probably not a great Wild choice.

He did mention Thistle Tea into C'Thun, which is kind of hilarious.

Dahbomb

Control Rogue needs an amazing board wipe and an amazing heal to even start thinking about doing a Control Rogue properly.

Right now Control Rogue is forced into the Reno shell just so it can have a clutch heal to survive the aggro onslaught.

ZealousD

Blade Flurry is a pretty good board wipe. And Skulker can be clutch sometimes. But the hero power pushes it towards tempo and using health as a resource, and the combo mechanic pushes it towards explosive turns and finishers enabled by drawing a ton of cards, neither of which fit a control shell.

He did mention Thistle Tea into C'Thun, which is kind of hilarious.

I feel like Gang Up would be more reliable for that since you can target it rather than just hoping you draw it when you play Thistletea. Or you could Shadowstep C'thun and play him for cheap the next turn. Both would probably give more consistent results.

Ridli

I dunno with the large amount of cheap rogue spells I was more thinking about thistle tea for Yogg. Copying a spell could really help pump up the battle cry effect.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
So does this card pretty much confirm that Preparation is going to be left untouched? That's too bad if true. That spell has been hamstring the rogue class forever. And it should be a damn basic card if it's going to be that important to the class.

Tarazet

Oh neat. I loved getting thistle tea in wow.

That's cool in a deck where all of your cards are worth duplicating. I see it in mill rogue, possibly.

Really high cost though, but it'll be alright w/ prep.

I am ready for the new Triple Van Cleef meta.

Top Bottom