• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Apathy

Yeah, not satisfied so far. But the idea is to go back to the old control pally's that let their opponent build a board and than have a huge tempo swing with equality/consec or pyro. And then you proceed to put down threats.

With the removal of a lot of the problematic deathrattle's it might have a chance to make a comeback.

Reminds me of why I hate equality. So much bullshit.

Owzers

Going on a losing streak as a secret pally makes me feel like robots are superior to me. Can't do too much about two argused imp gang bosses and priest shenanigans.

georly

I honestly feel like Secret Paladin is overrated. Except for Tirion. That card is ridiculously good.

I wish all the classic legendaries were as good as tirion. Some are close (grom, antonidas) but a few need some work or better supporting cards (that would make them auto-includes in a handful of decks), like Krush or Alakir.

I wish all the classic legendaries were as good as tirion. Some are close (grom, antonidas) but a few need some work or better supporting cards (that would make them auto-includes in a handful of decks), like Krush or Alakir.
Legendaries shouldn't win the game on their own. You need a ton of resources to deal with Tirion. It would maybe be fair if Ashbringer were weaker, but 6/6 taunt divine shield 5/3 weapon all in one card is insanity.

Getting redemption off on a tirion is the best.
I just felt squeamish.

Apathy

He proceed to like 7 winning streak after that tho

Justice Demand Retribution

Jaraxx > Tirion

Truth. Tirion is number 2 to Jaraxxus, EREDAR LORD OF THE BURNING LEGION!

But don't complain or you'll get a legendary that makes 1/1 copies of your board, yeah that's great.

Truth. Tirion is number 2 to Jaraxxus, EREDAR LORD OF THE BURNING LEGION!

But don't complain or you'll get a legendary that makes 1/1 copies of your board, yeah that's great.
I know the Priest legendary seems bad, but IMO wait until the full set is out before judging. Maybe there's some amazing stuff out there.

georly

Legendaries shouldn't win the game on their own. You need a ton of resources to deal with Tirion. It would maybe be fair if Ashbringer were weaker, but 6/6 taunt divine shield 5/3 weapon all in one card is insanity.

I just felt squeamish.

I don't mean for them to be game-winners, but rather used in more decks. They should each support at least ONE major deck type, if not multiple. Currently alakir and krush don't really fit into any major deck. The cards either need to be changed a bit or there need to be more cards that make them fit into a deck. Ideally all within classic. Alakir and krush are both decent for arena, though, so maybe that's the trade-off (albeit a really weak one). I see velen coming into play, possibly, if a nuke-priest deck becomes viable this expansion.

Apathy

I know the Priest legendary seems bad, but IMO wait until the full set is out before judging. Maybe there's some amazing stuff out there.

If there is even anything left that would make that card good, it would on it's own have to be so good to even make that priest legendary not be dumpster tier. It's the one time I would have been OK if voljin got reprinted basically because that would have been better than this legendary.

If tirion is 12, and boom is 10, what's the mana calculation on jaraxxus

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Boom's value isn't either because of BGH.

Even with BGH and othet hard removals you still get about 2-3 mana off of him. Hex, Polymorph, and Entomb deal with Tirion cleanly. No mess.

I'm not saying Tirion is a bad card by any stretch (he might be the #2 Legendary in the game), just that Dr. Boom has his own set of advantages.

Magnus

That seems a bizarre way to judge cards. Nothing has guaranteed value with any removal cards in play. I mean, Entomb pretty much wipes out most value except for Battlecries.

FeD.nL

If there is even anything left that would make that card good, it would on it's own have to be so good to even make that priest legendary not be dumpster tier. It's the one time I would have been OK if voljin got reprinted basically because that would have been better than this legendary.

I still think that Volazj is a really interesting card and not a dumpster tier legendary. I don't think it's that hard for a priest to get value out of it. Like it's really good in the value game that some priest decks like to play.

Even with just a single loot hoarder you're getting a good deal like a mini-AoL. It's not a legendary that you're going to build your deck around but it's also not that hard to get value from.

georly

I still think that Volazj is a really interesting card and not a dumpster tier legendary. I don't think it's that hard for a priest to get value out of it. Like it's really good in the value game that some priest decks like to play.

Even with just a single loot hoarder you're getting a good deal like a mini-AoL. It's not a legendary that you're going to build your deck around but it's also not that hard to get value from.

I can imagine it working in some really weird resurrect deck? I dunno. Maybe in conjunction with alarm-o-bot? lol. Doesn't mean the deck will be good or get play, but that's what I see it being best for.

That seems a bizarre way to judge cards. Nothing has guaranteed value with any removal cards in play. I mean, Entomb pretty much wipes out most value except for Battlecries.
But that's why Entomb is the most bullshit removal card in the game.

Nothing else works against Tirion, because nothing else can insta-kill a minion and a weapon at the exact same time.

Dahbomb

But that's why Entomb is the most bullshit removal card in the game.

Nothing else works against Tirion, because nothing else can insta-kill a minion and a weapon at the exact same time.
Mind Control.

Which you can expect to see a lot if meta slows down.

Also Poly and Hex.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
Should never have been a thing and how blizzard overlooked that again goes to show the bullshit testing they do. Emp is a strong card, and would still be strong if it only reduced minions instead of all cards. Cheaper spells will keep one turn burst from 30 like this possible.

As someone who has actually tested HS many times, it gets really tiring to hear this ignorant shit. Just because you dislike the design decisions, it doesn't mean we're bad testers.

Dahbomb

I think the best way to know a card is OP is if it has to be dealt with this way, but touche. I wish Hunters had a similar tool.
You can also Sap it or get it to hit Freezing Trap which gives you massive tempo advantage.

Hunter can Hunter's Mark plus Owl Silence. It's two cards but you gain massive tempo advantage through this.

KuroNeeko

Entomb is AWESOME and all you haters should be ashamed of yourselves.

Entombing Tirion is probably one of the best thing in Hearthstone. Only Shrink + Cabal on Ysera or Shrink + Shadow Madness on Sylvanas comes close.

I hear more people complain, or warn, about Priest when they're one of the weakest classes in the game.

Owzers

Entomb is AWESOME and all you haters should be ashamed of yourselves.

Entombing Tirion is probably one of the best thing in Hearthstone. Only Shrink + Cabal on Ysera or Shrink + Shadow Madness on Sylvanas comes close.

I hear more people complain, or warn, about Priest when they're one of the weakest classes in the game.

Priests, bunch of shameless thieves. Shouldn't the rogue class be the thieving class?

Priests, bunch of shameless thieves. Shouldn't the rogue class be the thieving class?

Priest 'stealing' is more about Mind Control and Manipulation. All in your head sorta deal. That's why they all work with minions,

Rogue stealing is more about valuables, physical things. Things that you can hold in your hand. That's why they have cards about 'stealing' cards. (Burgle, Huckster, whatever comes next.)

I think it works pretty well theme wise, but it's just that working with minions always seems to turn out better gameplay wise.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

I think understanding how easily and how efficiently a large minion can be punished is very key to understanding it's value. That's the thing about Dr. Boom he can be punished with hard removals, but he can't be utterly and COMPLETELY punished. The cleanest answer is probably Lightbomb and you STILL take damage.

gutshot

New Tavern Brawl is the first Challengestone rules. You have to build a deck with even mana cost spells and odd attack minions. It's even called "Stone of Challenge".

ogyHs6z.jpg
THANK YOU BASED NEFARIAN

FUCK YOU PALADIN

He went "I'm sorry" when I played Nefarian too, rekt buddy. This was Trolden level shit but I'm sure it's happened before.

georly

New Tavern Brawl is the first Challengestone rules. You have to build a deck with even mana cost spells and odd attack minions. It's even called "Stone of Challenge".

Oh no, this sounds like a nightmare tavern brawl for me. Hope I can build anything decent. I look forward to some suggestions here. Please post your tavern brawl decks.

Top Bottom